• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Kingsley confirmed. ✔️

Cat fights confirmed ✔️

cats-fighting-fighting-cats.gif

That is brilliant 😂Sums up kickback 20 minutes into every thread.

SomethingAboutObua

Was thinking I Would have taken van Veen as Gnanduillet's replacement (not as the main striker), but just saw he's 30. Got me thinking Are we no longer signing players over say 26 unless it's another Gordon/Naismith type of signing? 

Any insider activities happening with the transfer market for us?

b01c044c400574495d4f649d4820a083.gif

I tend not to read/watch the mainstream media fools. 

As my late father used to say “Never trust the word of the gutter press or any media companies, they are all lying *******s.”  Amen Faither. 

1 minute ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Any insider activities happening with the transfer market for us?

b01c044c400574495d4f649d4820a083.gif

I tend not to read/watch the mainstream media fools. 

As my late father used to say “Never trust the word of the gutter press or any media companies, they are all lying *******s.”  Amen Faither. 

think your father nicked that one off Confucius 

Guest ToqueJambo

Just popped in to see if we were any closer to signing a striker. WTF is happening. This thread is more insane than the Robbie Oot ones.

8 minutes ago, Four faces said:

the more i hear and read about the guy,the less i like him.

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The said poster made a claim that wasn't true stating I'm criticising Robbie and telliing him to change formation, when asked to show evidence of said claim, he has came back with zero evidence to back that claim up, so is the poster trolling or does he back that claim? 

Another way to look at it, is he trying to dictate what i can post on a forum. 

I've asked him to show me, but well he's maybe not a fast typer or something. 

Have you a clue how embarrassing your posts are, and get a spell check.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, gar jambo said:

Why would we change this because of one player their are 4 players who could play CB 

Yip. 

Rangers fans bit overconfident on twitter for a club with Kent, Aribo and Morelos (arguably their 3 best players) all out of contract in 18 months…

4 hours ago, ramrod said:

I'm sure Souttar was quoted as saying if he went to Sevco he wanted it to be a transfer now and not  a pre contract. 

Could it be he has set a deadline for Rangers to agree a few with us or he would be happy to go down South ?

Pure speculation .

I don't think Souttar's been quoted by anyone saying anything. I think it was just a case of one of the rags saying it was thought that a transfer now would be his preference. 

50 minutes ago, CAR said:

This is what has happened because Savage has stopped the leaks lol

Does seem to be the case, but both halkett and kingsley deals were reported in the press hours before released, so someone's getting info 

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was 98 McCann left for his release clause of £1.6m. 

Apologies. Yeah think it was around December that year. Was gutted. 

anyway, any actual transfer news?

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I agree with you mate. Imo Gordon is a big reason we are 3rd this season. Look at how many shots we've conceded. 

Or look at well we've done to keep the opposition at arms length and limit them to longer range efforts making it easier to save them. 

🤷‍♂️

AlphonseCapone

If Smith and Haring extend I think that's all been some good business. Solid and consistent squad going into next season, often our achilles heel. 

3 hours ago, gar jambo said:

Why would we change this because of one player their are 4 players who could play CB

I'd say we have 6 players who can play CB.

In order of preference

Kingsley

Halkett

Moore

Smith

Haring

Cochrane

Cochrane is far from an ideal option but he's pretty far down the list. Before we got to him we'd probably switch to a back 4. But Haring and Smith are very nice options to have.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Or look at well we've done to keep the opposition at arms length and limit them to longer range efforts making it easier to save them. 

🤷‍♂️

Alternately, we play to our strengths. With Gordon back there, the defenders can push forward more.

If we had Messi leading the line and he scored 40 goals for us we wouldn't say, "aye, well, we pass it to him an awful lot, so it's not that impressive."

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Bit up-thread on this but I started to worry about Levein's tenure when he did the whole cringe up-the-dunes bit pre-season. Prehistoric football training, and likely made the players more injury prone.  (I don't think it was just the dune running that did it, but rather that it indicated a kind of baws-to-the-wall in training approach that simply isn't appropriate with the number of games that modern footballers play.)

It was injuries more than anything that caused us to be bottom table when the freeze hit, but when you have bad injuries every season you're in charge, it may mean you're doing something wrong. I think that's the case with Levein.

I think it is something that goes under the radar how well we have done with injuries in the first half of the season. Robbie and Joe have both mentioned that it is down to head of performance Dr Bob McCunn who has changed things around.

Scott Burns reporting that Jordan Roberts move back to Motherwell is very likely and they hope to have him back for their next game on Tuesday. Great news for us, as he is mince but I'd imagine we are paying a good chunk of his wages still.

26 minutes ago, ericb said:

Does seem to be the case, but both halkett and kingsley deals were reported in the press hours before released, so someone's getting info 

Got to keep them at arms length, feel like they are getting exclusives so they don't write nasty stuff etc.  It's all a silly game, personally I love it when you see a signing or piece of good news out of the blue on Teletext.

The whole press reports that something is close but still a bit of work takes a bit of the buzz away.

4 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I agree with you mate. Imo Gordon is a big reason we are 3rd this season. Look at how many shots we've conceded. 

Bottom six without CG. 

The rest of our team is poor. 

1 hour ago, CAR said:

This is what has happened because Savage has stopped the leaks lol

Savage: that’s it, I’m stopping the leaks and rumours

JKB: fine, I’ll make up my own

20 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Scott Burns reporting that Jordan Roberts move back to Motherwell is very likely and they hope to have him back for their next game on Tuesday. Great news for us, as he is mince but I'd imagine we are paying a good chunk of his wages still.

Be good to get him off the wage bill. Amazing if we get any sort of fee but I'd just let him go personally. He's on (or has been on) some money. Should see his motor. 

30 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Bottom six without CG. 

That's a pretty grim assessment but it's your opinion.

16 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Someone like Jordan Rhodes would surely be better than no one at all 

Aye, you'd think so.... 

Unfortunately he is absolute gash. 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Aye, you'd think so.... 

Unfortunately he is absolute gash. 

Can score goals when given a chance

he has more career goals than anyone in our squad apart from perhaps Boyce 

18 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Someone like Jordan Rhodes would surely be better than no one at all 

If he's willing to sign for about £500 quid a week, probably, otherwise probably not.

30 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Bottom six without CG. 

We're the third highest scorers in the league by a clear margin. We've scored 13 more than Dundee United in 7th and Livi in 8th, who have each only scored 16 in total. We've deservedly taken maximum points from both.

Who are we replacing Gordon with in this scenario? A traffic cone?

7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Can occasionally score a goal if given loads of chances would appear to be more accurate. 

We're going to start banning spammers from the thread if this doesn't stop now.

If your post is about another poster, please don't post it.

43 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Bottom six without CG. 

Yes, if we'd just played the same lineups but without CG (i.e. played with just 10 players and no goalkeeper). Probably, if we'd replaced CG with Joel Perreira. Almost certainly not if we'd replaced CG with even a reasonably competent keeper, although we'd maybe not be third, and probably less than 5 points clear if we were.

15 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Edited. Thought you were talking about Jordan roberts.

Edited by Batistuta87

Clark Griswold
14 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Are you sure? Dunno if I’d take Rhodes, bit of a has-been 

Edited by Clark Griswold
Typo

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Not for us he canny. He's garbage. 

And I dunno where you got that stat from but it's simply not true. He has 26 career goals: McKay (29), McEneff (40), Halliday (31), Gnanduillet (68) and obviously Boyce all have more. 

You're right that he's garbage (nowadays, anyway) but I dunno where you got your stat from. He's scored way more than 26 goals, but nearly all of them were many years ago!

2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You're right that he's garbage (nowadays, anyway) but I dunno where you got your stat from. He's scored way more than 26 goals, but nearly all of them were many years ago!

Apologies, thought OP was about Jordan Roberts not Jordan Rhodes! 

😵

Rhodes is pish too though 😂

Edited by Batistuta87

35 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Be good to get him off the wage bill. Amazing if we get any sort of fee but I'd just let him go personally. He's on (or has been on) some money. Should see his motor. 

Motherwell will happily take him on loan again until the end of the season, that way we are still paying some of his wages. They will know we will accept a loan deal as it means we are recouping some of his salary and the fact he isn't going to play for us. To release him fully now, we would need to give him some sort of compensation package.

What car does he have? He would have earned decent cash at Ipswich before coming to us.

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Apologies, thought OP was about Jordan Roberts not Jordan Rhodes! 

😵

Rhodes is pish too though 😂

👍

1 hour ago, Halliphax said:

Savage: that’s it, I’m stopping the leaks and rumours

JKB: fine, I’ll make up my own

:lol: about the size of it 

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

On loan

You do realise that on loan doesn’t mean you just borrow them? It isn’t like phoning your brother in law and asking to borrow his hedge trimmmer for the weekend and you buy him a couple of cans as a thank you. You pay for loan players. 

PhoenixHearts
11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Haring and Smith are important squad players. Smith is good for another year. Haring is worth 2 years. Need good reliable players who know their roles and instructions who can come in and do a job.

Smith would be very useful to keep around if he is happy to become the versatile veteran utility man.

Haring more than a squad player. I dont know the stats off the top of my head but simply put this season we tend to win more when he plays, and we drop points more when he doesnt.

A lot is made of the Devlin and Beni partnership but I believe they've only actually won one game together and drawn a lot more.

I want all 3 to play. It's vital we find a way for this to happen.

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

If we had Messi leading the line and he scored 40 goals for us we wouldn't say, "aye, well, we pass it to him an awful lot, so it's not that impressive."

Some on this thread absolutely would :ninja:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic