** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Thumb Up Emoji
6 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

So this is how the squad is looking with the most recent loans/extensions. Expecting Roberts to go back out on loan but have added him back into the squad for the time being - even though he’s not listed on the website as being in the squad when other players loaned out are.

Goalkeepers

- Craig Gordon - 2024

- Harry Stone - 2023

- Ross Stewart - 2023

Right Backs

- Nathaniel Atkinson - 2025

- Michael Smith - 2022

Centre Backs

- John Souttar - 2022

- Craig Halkett - 2024

- Stephen Kingsley - 2022

- Taylor Moore - (Loan)

Left Backs

- Alex Cochrane - (Loan)

Centre Midfielders

- Beni Baningime - 2024

- Cammy Devlin - 2024

- Peter Haring - 2022

- Aaron McEneff - 2023

- Andy Halliday - 2022

- Finlay Pollock

Wide Midfielders

- Barrie McKay - 2023

- Gary Mackay-Steven - 2023

- Josh Ginnelly - 2023

- Jordan Roberts - 2022

Forwards

- Liam Boyce - 2023

- Ben Woodburn - (Loan)

- Armand Gnanduillet - 2022

On Loan

- Scott McGill - Airdrie 

- Chris Hamilton - Arbroath 

- Cammy Logan - Edinburgh City

- Mihai Popescu - Hamilton 

- Jamie Brandon - Morton 

- Jamie Walker - Bradford City

- Connor Smith - Queens Park

- Euan Henderson - Alloa

Kingsley is here until 2024 or 2025

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

5 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

We need a striker, Savage has to get his finger oot in that department.. Hopefully he is doing that now.

If we can’t get our targets now then I’d be happy with a short term loan & bring Henderson back for second half of season. We don’t want another Gnando. 

StevenNaismith
5 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Jamie Hamilton is gash.

Utter nonsense. I was at the game on Saturday against Partick and the amount of scouts there watching him would tell you he’s far from ‘gash’. Terrific young talent who will go from strength to strength the higher the level he plays. I’d bite your hand off to have him at Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Utter nonsense. I was at the game on Saturday against Partick and the amount of scouts there watching him would tell you he’s far from ‘gash’. Terrific young talent who will go from strength to strength the higher the level he plays. I’d bite your hand off to have him at Hearts.

Only thing I'd say that for a centre half he isn't tall. 

Not short, but at 5'11" it's on the short side for a  centre half. 

45 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Not a rumour but don't know if this was posted here 

Ogashiwa's interview where he talks about Hearts, poor Google translation but you get the jist. 

Speaking of overseas challenges, there was an offer from Scotland's first division, Hearts, but I decided to stay. Off has been preparing for the second year of the game, such as working hard at Miyanosawa even after the final war.

"I want to contribute more than last season without any injuries from the camp this season. Last season I finished in 10th place while aiming to participate in the ACL. It was not a season that I could convince as an individual, and I have to do more and more. I will carry on with the awareness that I will pull Sapporo in a way that looks like

The colored paper says "mass production of points". Finally, my aspirations for this season

https://twitter.com/hochi_football/status/1477791707034841088?t=ZOqzfRPpXeFq2e-tYXdccQ&s=19

Can’t see him signing tbh.

Really like Kingsley. We always seem to find decent left backs and he's one of the better ones.

Well happy if we can keep him at the club.

22 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Granted its a small sample but I've Seen him play about 10 times over the last 2-3 years and has had a calamity every time - Jordan McGhee vibes about him.

Realise he's young but would not be excited in the slightest to see him come our way.

How did you manage to get into the game on Sat? I think I read it was Season tickets holders only with the 500 cap imposed.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Thomaso said:

DD362B2B-C87B-48D2-A6BA-104F8872DC1C.jpeg

Shite newspaper, great news! That's like 3 of the best signings any club in Scotland will make this window. Gordon / Halkett, Kingsley / Beni, Devlin / Boyce is a very good spine to build on, with just a defender and striker really needed to strengthen it, maybe a left winger.

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Didn't realise that Smith was out of contract this summer too. Would like to see him get another year.

I think the Club have indicated that they will offer him another deal. I also read that he has a clause in his current deal that activates a new contract option after he plays a certain number of games.

1 hour ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Kingsley looks to have extended

:yas: 

He was my 2nd must keep after Gordon, you fecking beauty!! What a man!!

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Didn't realise that Smith was out of contract this summer too. Would like to see him get another year.

Pretty sure Smith will sign for another year. Souttar, Kingsley and Halkett were the vital ones to get sorted first and we might have 2 of those 3 sorted.

Smith and Haring next I'd imagine.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Shite newspaper, great news! That's like 3 of the best signings any club in Scotland will make this window. Gordon / Halkett, Kingsley / Beni, Devlin / Boyce is a very good spine to build on, with just a defender and striker really needed to strengthen it, maybe a left winger.

As you say great news if this turns out to be true.

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Pretty sure Smith will sign for another year. Souttar, Kingsley and Halkett were the vital ones to get sorted first and we might have 2 of those 3 sorted.

Smith and Haring next I'd imagine.

I think he will offer Smith a new deal but dependng on who we sign or have lined up for the summer I am not so sure about Haring.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If as is reported Kingsley extends and a new forward signs then things are looking good to just upgrade 1 or 2 every season in the summer moving forward. We’re in a good place and hopefully finished with the days of scattergun panic signings turning up en masse and hoping the team gels. 

I think Halkett will thrive with the responsibility of being the leader in the back 3. In his time at Hearts he has played understudy to Berra and Souttar but now it's time for him to step up and I think he is ready.

Assuming Souttar goes, a Moore-Halkett-Kingsley back 3 is fine with me, ideally with Findlay or someone even better coming in to offer competition/cover.

57 minutes ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Kingsley is here until 2024 or 2025

Don’t like to update it until it’s confirmed 😂

That would be excellent though!

3 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

Tuuuunageeeee

Takes me back to my youth. Well.. 18 and legal drinking days. 

Edited by Aussie Jambo
The word ‘high’ was entered before youth. Also true but a typo.

17 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Based on what

Every time I've watched him he has played terribly is my basis. Its a sample size of around 10 games. 

Looking deeper into his stats, 5 reds in 60 games, only wins 52 percent of aerial duels, likes to go to ground an abnormal amount of times per game all set off alarm bells in a central defender.  Stats show his distribution to be good so maybe a future in midfield awaits, still young and will improve i'm sure but I would pass given the hype and sums of money that would be involved. 

50 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Kingsley set to sign, makes me happy!   That's really got me going now. 

I was trying to think of other appropriate kinks songs for ages but I kept getting distracted by listening to the kinks and gave up.

Not appropriate, I just love that song

InternationalJambo
33 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Granted its a small sample but I've Seen him play about 10 times over the last 2-3 years and has had a calamity every time - Jordan McGhee vibes about him.

Realise he's young but would not be excited in the slightest to see him come our way.

How did you manage to get into the game on Sat? I think I read it was Season tickets holders only with the 500 cap imposed.

You’re bang on. He will never be at hearts unless signed as cover. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I was trying to think of other appropriate kinks songs for ages but I kept getting distracted by listening to the kinks and gave up.

You can always spot the old mods. 🛵🇬🇧

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I think he will offer Smith a new deal but dependng on who we sign or have lined up for the summer I am not so sure about Haring.

I think we'll offer him another year. I'd be sad to see him go. He's a useful squad player.

Smith has no sizzle left in him but he's rock steady and he can play four different positions. As long as he's okay with his role diminishing over the course of the contract and a smaller paycheck than he's had, I'd give him two years.

With Walker, Roberts, Gnando etc all leaving - we should have some salary space free to throw about. I'm wondering why we're not trying to sign Jamie McGrath. We should be the club signing the best players available from our league. 

I guess we've probably had to offer wage rises to Halkett and Kingsley but I think McGrath would be a great addition to the squad.

9 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

With Walker, Roberts, Gnando etc all leaving - we should have some salary space free to throw about. I'm wondering why we're not trying to sign Jamie McGrath. We should be the club signing the best players available from our league. 

I guess we've probably had to offer wage rises to Halkett and Kingsley but I think McGrath would be a great addition to the squad.

Want Haring to stay getting better and better after long lay off, can play almost anywhere and gives 100%

what more can you ask for.

Just now, bawheed said:

Want Haring to stay getting better and better after long lay off, can play almost anywhere and gives 100%

what more can you ask for.

Every squad needs guys like Haring. He's this era's Eggert.

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Every squad needs guys like Haring. He's this era's Eggert.

Haring seems to be the forgotten man on JKB think he would be a huge loss.

Just hope JS and RN realise what he is capable of giving to the team. 

18 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

McGrath is a tidy player, but is he really what we need?

I'd guess we're looking for an out-and-out striker and a forward who can play across the front three (e.g. Ogashiwa). We really need those players to offer goals, which McGrath doesn't really outside of penalties.We've already got McKay who's creative but doesn't score so I couldn't see them working on the same team.

So long Jamie Walker and thanks. One of our own and Jambo through and through. If only he got his old form back. Bradford will love you if you do. 

2 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Don't know how you got a ticket is was season tickets only and Attendance: 4,560?

Well done you.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Hmm ... Surely it is more than appropriate as an echo of recent times and a nod to both where we are now and to what could be coming our way?

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

I think we'll offer him another year. I'd be sad to see him go. He's a useful squad player.

Smith's contract has a clause that extends it for another year if he plays enough games.

Michael Smith reveals Hearts contract clause as he relishes new right wing back role - Edinburgh Live

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Good news about Kingsley and smith has an option for another year to be confirmed. Not convinced that haring will stay tho

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, bawheed said:

Haring seems to be the forgotten man on JKB think he would be a huge loss.

Just hope JS and RN realise what he is capable of giving to the team. 

He's more effective than we realise. of the 25 games so far he has played in 18 of them. 

The 7 games that he has missed were 4 draws, 2 defeats and a single win. 

StevenNaismith
1 hour ago, bawheed said:

Don't know how you got a ticket is was season tickets only and Attendance: 4,560?

Well done you.

I was there doing my job.

StevenNaismith
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Only thing I'd say that for a centre half he isn't tall. 

Not short, but at 5'11" it's on the short side for a  centre half. 

Dunno where you’ve got that from but he’s 6’2” according to Wyscout and is still growing.

1 hour ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

He's more effective than we realise. of the 25 games so far he has played in 18 of them. 

The 7 games that he has missed were 4 draws, 2 defeats and a single win. 

Extremely underrated by our support imo, would love him to extend to, if he hadn't been playing through injury against celtic we would have had a much better chance of winning that cup final in 2019, was a great player before and starting to recapture his previous form. I think with beni, devlin, Haring and mceneff our Midfield is our strongest position by far bar our goalkeeper.

2 hours ago, DC_92 said:

McGrath is a tidy player, but is he really what we need?

I'd guess we're looking for an out-and-out striker and a forward who can play across the front three (e.g. Ogashiwa). We really need those players to offer goals, which McGrath doesn't really outside of penalties.We've already got McKay who's creative but doesn't score so I couldn't see them working on the same team.

I think he'd get goals in our team.

Would probably be more effective in attacking positions than GMS or Gino although he wouldn't fit into the same system easily.

Just now, gregzy2k7 said:

Extremely underrated by our support imo, would love him to extend to, if he hadn't been playing through injury against celtic we would have had a much better chance of winning that cup final in 2019, was a great player before and starting to recapture his previous form. I think with beni, devlin, Haring and mceneff our Midfield is our strongest position by far bar our goalkeeper.

Agree, our midfield is decent but I'm still not completely convinced by McEneff. I think Jamie McGrath would be better in that role.

Really goid news re Kingsley assuming it's confirmed.

Feeling pretty chirpy but I hope we find at least one new proven goalscorer.  That's stating the bleeding obvious i know.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic