** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hearts just love to drip feed us the news. Teasing bassas :lol:

Nathanial Atkinson arrives on Monday.

Craig Halkett signs a contract extension on Tuesday.

Wednesday.....????? 

I'll tell you what about Wednesday. Nothing. Nothing in the morning, and after that. ******** nothing. It's not Wednesdays fault mind you. It's us. WE are a disgrace.   

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

23 minutes ago, Rods said:

I am hoping Joe has another striker up his sleeve along with the Japenese boy. Players take a while to settle sometimes.

A striker will be signed along with Ogashiwa (if the club allow him), souttar expected to announce next club on Thursday evening or Friday morning. A replacement has been eyed up since October when it was clear a new deal wouldn’t happen. 

Just now, Jamboj1 said:

A striker will be signed along with Ogashiwa (if the club allow him), souttar expected to announce next club on Thursday evening or Friday morning. A replacement has been eyed up since October when it was clear a new deal wouldn’t happen. 

Cheers. Any more detail? League we are getting striker from? Loan or permanent? That kind of thing. 

1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

:awlove:

27 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I was expecting Burnley to be in the running in all honesty, my mate is a huge Burnley fan and said they're actually after a CB this window

Just raised £20-25m from the sale of Wood to Newcastle so could be in for Soutar. 

20 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We also let a few strikers who could actually score and were decent players go.

Concalves, Bjorn. To be honest I’d add Juanma to that and we didn’t seem to try hard with Zeefuik, who was at least worth a season punt in the SPL.

Zeefuik didn't try hard? He was big and slow, no doubt, but his effort was never the problem. Absolutely bulldozed defenders, particularly when we were up against Rangers. Fantastic player for our level, wish we could have kept him (we tried IIRC).

19 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Paul McCallum? what a savior he was - at Dagenham and Redbridge now.

If pushed as to the worst player since I've followed Hearts, both in terms of lack of overall skill and utterly failing us when we needed him, this is my answer. Just a bit of barely competent football was all we needed and he couldn't provide it, and seemed to be arrogant about it too.

11 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Juanma was a decent finisher and scored good and important goals for us. I think he got 13 in his first season which with our general record was decent.

Never understood the hate. We don’t have the funds to sign the “perfect” striker.

His attitude, particularly towards the end, was shite, and he feuded openly with Neilson. More to the point, though, he killed so many promising moves by just being too ****ing lazy to get his arse onside. I really liked him when he first showed up and he had skills as a striker, but FFS man, GET ONSIDE.

7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Explain in detail then.

A false 9 lines up for kick-off exactly where a #9 would go. Kicks the ball or covers the center circle. He's in the middle of the front line. Based on the position you expect him to push forward into the box, to run the channels, and to try to gain scoring position around the back line of defense.

But instead, he consistently drops back towards the midfield to help rotate the ball, hovers above the top of the box, and tries to pick passes for wingers cutting in to the posts into the space left open by the false 9's absence. When he does attack the goal, it's more of direct running at the fullbacks facing the goal than playing with his back toward the goal.

Not a fair comparison with anyone else obviously but Messi has done it better than anyone.

2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Zeefuik didn't try hard? He was big and slow, no doubt, but his effort was never the problem. Absolutely bulldozed defenders, particularly when we were up against Rangers. Fantastic player for our level, wish we could have kept him (we tried IIRC).

If pushed as to the worst player since I've followed Hearts, both in terms of lack of overall skill and utterly failing us when we needed him, this is my answer. Just a bit of barely competent football was all we needed and he couldn't provide it, and seemed to be arrogant about it too.

His attitude, particularly towards the end, was shite, and he feuded openly with Neilson. More to the point, though, he killed so many promising moves by just being too ****ing lazy to get his arse onside. I really liked him when he first showed up and he had skills as a striker, but FFS man, GET ONSIDE.

A false 9 lines up for kick-off exactly where a #9 would go. Kicks the ball or covers the center circle. He's in the middle of the front line. Based on the position you expect him to push forward into the box, to run the channels, and to try to gain scoring position around the back line of defense.

But instead, he consistently drops back towards the midfield to help rotate the ball, hovers above the top of the box, and tries to pick passes for wingers cutting in to the posts into the space left open by the false 9's absence. When he does attack the goal, it's more of direct running at the fullbacks facing the goal than playing with his back toward the goal.

Not a fair comparison with anyone else obviously but Messi has done it better than anyone.

Need to read threads a bit better Led Tassof 😆.  The guy was saying we didn't try hard enough to keep Zeefuk

Just now, db211833 said:

Need to read threads a bit better Led Tassof 😆.  The guy was saying we didn't try hard enough to keep Zeefuk

:facepalm: My mistake, that's the second one I've done in the past few days. What can I say, I log in after 12 hours and there's 7 pages of thread to read!

4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

What we old timers and out of touch with modern parlance, would term an inside forward. False no 9. What a load of bollocks.

On 10/01/2022 at 17:43, Robbies Tackle said:

Is he doing well at Le Mens?  If they offer ££ i'll drive him there.....forget it. 

How long do you think the drive would be?

Edit: never mind, been done! 

Edited by FarmerTweedy

6 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Hearts transfer window 2022.

If only it was possible to start a new thread to talk about shite. 

20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Cheers. Any more detail? League we are getting striker from? Loan or permanent? That kind of thing. 

The message I got wasn’t the clearest tbh mate, 2 would require a fee and a loan eyed up too I think. Ultimately the little info I got was striker, defender and someone who can play across the front 3 are our aims this window and 2/3 will be moving on 

Just now, Jamboj1 said:

The message I got wasn’t the clearest tbh mate, 2 would require a fee and a loan eyed up too I think. Ultimately the little info I got was striker, defender and someone who can play across the front 3 are our aims this window and 2/3 will be moving on 

Nice one. Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Jamie Hamilton possibly?

We would love him, got a host of clubs in England fighting for him which probably ruled us out sadly. Summer was the time to get him 

Zeefuik, what could have been 😭

For the sake of £300k which is definitely in our realms of fees we can pay. And instead he went to some Turkish side that didn’t pay him  and his career fell apart. Bloody shame and frustrating nothing could have been worked out for him to come back following that. 

Some things just work and Zeefuik 100% could have had that here.

Anyway, hopefully Savage is unearthing the next Zeefuik. 

34 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Nice one, cheers.

22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

What we old timers and out of touch with modern parlance, would term an inside forward. False no 9. What a load of bollocks.

^^^this😂Agree wholeheartedly. Pundits trying to complicate what truly is a simple game. 

Edited by Canscot

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

We need a striker, Savage has to get his finger oot in that department.. Hopefully he is doing that now.

I'm sure Savage is working incredibly hard and doesn't need some hob goblin on the internet telling him what to do. 

13 minutes ago, OTT said:

For the sake of £300k which is definitely in our realms of fees we can pay. And instead he went to some Turkish side that didn’t pay him  and his career fell apart. Bloody shame and frustrating nothing could have been worked out for him to come back following that. 

I think at that time though $300k was not in our realm. Today.  Different story. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

See the source image

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I'm sure Savage is working incredibly hard and doesn't need some hob goblin on the internet telling him what to do. 

You would think after the success of the summer that they might learn......sigh

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

100%.

I always thought he'd go to Celtic. 

Potato / potatoe tho. 

A classic ...

13 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Juanma was a decent finisher and scored good and important goals for us. I think he got 13 in his first season which with our general record was decent.

Never understood the hate. We don’t have the funds to sign the “perfect” striker.

The problem, for me at least, with Juanma was mainly frustration at his lack of effort. In most games, there were numerous instances of him being totally absent from play because he was way offside and making no effort at all to get onside. Occasionally it would be because he'd made a run anticipating a ball played in behind the defence which never came, but mostly it was simply because we'd been attacking, lost possession, the opposition had moved forward including their defence, and he simply wouldn't bother to even break into a brisk walk back up the park. We'd regain possession and look to play the ball forward and he'd still be yards offside and doing nothing, frequently leaving us effectively a man down. 

I'm sure he'd claim he was conserving energy or something, but in reality he simply wasn't putting the effort in, which was a real shame, as he had enough other attributes to be outstanding for us.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

We would love him, got a host of clubs in England fighting for him which probably ruled us out sadly. Summer was the time to get him 

The time to get him really was the day he got sent off against us.  Never a sending off and the young laddie showed he had massive potential before that.

42 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

A classic ...

Brilliant. Thats pretty much JKB in nutshell somedays especially these threads. “You say he’s signing and you says not - you say he’s rubbish and you say he’s hot”. 

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

I'll tell you what about Wednesday. Nothing. Nothing in the morning, and after that. ******** nothing. It's not Wednesdays fault mind you. It's us. WE are a disgrace.   

Yeh. Effn Wednesdays!!!

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Inside Forward, WTf is that?

We play outside! 

Do they just play 5's indoors?

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Did big Z not walk away from the game for personal reasons? Sure I read on here he was suffering from a mental health issue. 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Inside Forwards more somewhere inbetween a winger & a striker no? Like a forward who sits wider out of possession to get space& then comes inside diagonally towards goal. Whereas a false 9 is more in between a striker & a 10, usually played in place of an out & out striker ie Peps Barca/current City team, Totti at Roma, Firminho at Liverpool, Spain under Del Bosque did it in some games

SomethingAboutObua
34 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Did big Z not walk away from the game for personal reasons? Sure I read on here he was suffering from a mental health issue. 

Yeah he's retired due to depression, apparently related to peoples attitudes towards his weight/size which is caused by a pancreatic condition 

Edited by SomethingAboutObua

Exile fae Main Street

Sorry, but who the **** is Jamie Hamilton? ( apart from being my Ma's Maiden name...Hamilton, not Jamie)😳😳😳

4 minutes ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Kingsley looks to have extended

Things are falling into place nicely. I'd offer an extension to Barrie McKay next.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Things are falling into place nicely. I'd offer an extension to Barrie McKay next.

Yip. 

SomethingAboutObua

Not a rumour but don't know if this was posted here 

Ogashiwa's interview where he talks about Hearts, poor Google translation but you get the jist. 

Speaking of overseas challenges, there was an offer from Scotland's first division, Hearts, but I decided to stay. Off has been preparing for the second year of the game, such as working hard at Miyanosawa even after the final war.

"I want to contribute more than last season without any injuries from the camp this season. Last season I finished in 10th place while aiming to participate in the ACL. It was not a season that I could convince as an individual, and I have to do more and more. I will carry on with the awareness that I will pull Sapporo in a way that looks like

The colored paper says "mass production of points". Finally, my aspirations for this season

https://twitter.com/hochi_football/status/1477791707034841088?t=ZOqzfRPpXeFq2e-tYXdccQ&s=19

Exile fae Main Street
9 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Sorry, but who the **** is Jamie Hamilton? ( apart from being my Ma's Maiden name...Hamilton, not Jamie)😳😳😳

Oh that Jamie Hamilton......😅🤣😂

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Always said we should have signed him

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

2 hours ago, Canscot said:

^^^this😂Agree wholeheartedly. Pundits trying to complicate what truly is a simple game. 

Seconded ... All this chat about modern technicalities and so on.

Back to basics, say I. Especially Arsenal kicking off at 01:57 on this clip:-

So this is how the squad is looking with the most recent loans/extensions. Expecting Roberts to go back out on loan but have added him back into the squad for the time being - even though he’s not listed on the website as being in the squad when other players loaned out are.

Goalkeepers

- Craig Gordon - 2024

- Harry Stone - 2023

- Ross Stewart - 2023

Right Backs

- Nathaniel Atkinson - 2025

- Michael Smith - 2022

Centre Backs

- John Souttar - 2022

- Craig Halkett - 2024

- Stephen Kingsley - 2022

- Taylor Moore - (Loan)

Left Backs

- Alex Cochrane - (Loan)

Centre Midfielders

- Beni Baningime - 2024

- Cammy Devlin - 2024

- Peter Haring - 2022

- Aaron McEneff - 2023

- Andy Halliday - 2022

- Finlay Pollock

Wide Midfielders

- Barrie McKay - 2023

- Gary Mackay-Steven - 2023

- Josh Ginnelly - 2023

- Jordan Roberts - 2022

Forwards

- Liam Boyce - 2023

- Ben Woodburn - (Loan)

- Armand Gnanduillet - 2022

On Loan

- Scott McGill - Airdrie 

- Chris Hamilton - Arbroath 

- Cammy Logan - Edinburgh City

- Mihai Popescu - Hamilton 

- Jamie Brandon - Morton 

- Jamie Walker - Bradford City

- Connor Smith - Queens Park

- Euan Henderson - Alloa

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic