** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

13 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

He is scoring goals for Luton (8 in 14 games this season) in The Championship and they are going well in the league. I watched their game last night against Middlesbrough and he bullied their centre backs and scored 1. 

Can't see him leaving Luton unless someone is going to pay good money for him.

Afraid I have to agree with this. 

It looks to me as if Adebayo has moved up in the world in terms of value and wages it would take a very good offer to temp him away from Luton now. 

Can see them competing for the play offs now. 

Adebayo is very much the one that got away I'm afraid. 😒

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I was at the recent shareholders dinner where Joe Savage was the guest and he took many question which were covered by one of the posters on here.

Now it may just be that I never took it in but I don't recall him mentioning anything about 55% success rate. Listening to him and his enthusiasm and will to win he will want 100%.

We all know that is an impossible target including Joe but that is what he will strive for of that I am certain.

As it goes, I don't disagree with probably around 55%.  Even the biggestest teams get it wrong.  Lots.

Jeez, how bad had Celtic's recruitment been?  And include under Rodgers in that.  Couple of big successes paper over millions and millions of pounds on guys who've barely even played, let alone been shite.  But when they were winning the least competitive league in world football, nobody noticed!!!

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

What does “I don’t know your mentor is tho” mean? Your clueless illiterate ramblings are well known on here and you get slated every day for it Tosh. 
I must’ve just imagined his failings last time and last season, not many managers have ever had a ****ing plane flown over their ground slagging them 😆
Levein is his mentor, another negative manager who talked a good game, who funnily enough had your 100% backing and that you welcome back at the club with open arms. 
One is responsible for the worst result in our history and the other for the worst run without a victory. 

As I said, you are the most negative and bitter poster on here.

When we win under Bob you get a little bit more angry, negative and bitter.

:seething:

We will get beat tho and we will go on poor runs, at least then you can have fun- something to look forward too.

Bazzas right boot
18 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Och, c'mon SRB! I very well know what you're getting at (having witnessed Robbie consistently urging us forward). But, there must be something in our game-plan that looks to salvage rather than 'stick one on them' ...

Unsure tbh, the only more positive manager than Bob in my lifetime  imo would be JJ, Burley and Stendel.

Neilson is on par or more positive than most other managers we've had.

Only one was successful over a long period.

We are just lacking a little bit of quality or even luck to " stick one on them"

Time will tell, but we'll have our best league season since last time under him and that be will iirc our best two league seasons in 14+ years- both will which  have  been under Bob.

I never checked so could be corrected.

That is not negative imo.

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I think we need more pace, more direct threat. I guess everyone wants that which may be an issue!

If we sign, say, a cf/forward and a rwb, I'd like them to be either whippets or very athletic and direct.

To use previous jambos as examples...

Someone in the Connor Washingt mould would be good up front and a diiferent option imo. A Sleevesy type.

At rwb either a Shay Logan or Calum P type would work. Bit of chat re Rooney at St J. Im not convinced by him tbh. Has feel of right guy at right club to me.

Problem with Washington was he didn't score goals. Maybe he would have with better support but his 'type' of striker wasn't hugely successful.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

yeah!!! That damn system that had us at the unbeaten and briefly top of the league 🤦🏻‍♂️

Fair point, I think we should still be there, but teams have sussed us out and it’s needs to be changed, wouldn’t you agree?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair point, I think we should still be there, but teams have sussed us out and it’s needs to be changed, wouldn’t you agree?

it doesn’t need to be changed, but we need to have a plan B to cover the eventuality that teams have adapted well to it..

for example we should have brought Haring on for GMS and went 3-5-2 to shore up the midfield and also got woodburn / someone else up alongside Gnando to force brown or another Aberdeen mid to drop back.

3-4-3 I’d a fine system when on top and playing well but if we benny/Devlin are outnumbered and we have no momentum we have to react to that 

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Last paragraph, he won't end up at us, plus he went for money, so how can you say that's what happened!

We offered money though. Have you researched this subject at all? 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

We will get beat tho and we will go on poor runs, at least then you can have fun- something to look forward too.

Once again you know nothing about me, nobody was happier than me when we were winning, whilst still pointing out what could make us even better. 
Know if you could possibly stop trying to derail the thread with your nonsensical nonsense that be great 👍🏽👏🏾

22 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Problem with Washington was he didn't score goals. Maybe he would have with better support but his 'type' of striker wasn't hugely successful.

Oh aye but that type of striker though if you get what I mean.  Runs the channels, clever movement, quick, makes defenders work, great at opening space for others too.  Mentioned 2Ts, he was so good at this sort of thing.  Maybe Stephane Adam falls into that type of player too actually.

fwiw I think Washington was unlucky with his timing at Hearts and could have been a great player for us.  Hampered with injuries a bit, so was stop start, and hampered by the setup at the club at the time.  Certainly didn't fall into the same bracket as others signed in same era.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it doesn’t need to be changed, but we need to have a plan B to cover the eventuality that teams have adapted well to it..

for example we should have brought Haring on for GMS and went 3-5-2 to shore up the midfield and also got woodburn / someone else up alongside Gnando to force brown or another Aberdeen mid to drop back.

3-4-3 I’d a fine system when on top and playing well but if we benny/Devlin are outnumbered and we have no momentum we have to react to that 

In your opinion, the system requires two wingbacks who can cross the ball, Cochrane and Smith can’t. 
Boyce does a wonderful job up there, and in midfield, but we aren’t creating many chances and are hardly scoring from open play. 
As I’ve said teams are now getting used to how we play and how to stop us from doing what was effective for us. 
Are you saying the manager doesn’t know how to change it or have an effective plan B, if so his Uber supporters will be on to you shortly. 

11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Oh aye but that type of striker though if you get what I mean.  Runs the channels, clever movement, quick, makes defenders work, great at opening space for others too.  Mentioned 2Ts, he was so good at this sort of thing.  Maybe Stephane Adam falls into that type of player too actually.

fwiw I think Washington was unlucky with his timing at Hearts and could have been a great player for us.  Hampered with injuries a bit, so was stop start, and hampered by the setup at the club at the time.  Certainly didn't fall into the same bracket as others signed in same era.

Agree with this, Washington had some awful luck that coincided with the culmination of failure from levein. I think in another team he'd have been a solid enough goalscorer. 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Once again you know nothing about me, nobody was happier than me when we were winning, whilst still pointing out what could make us even better. 
Know if you could possibly stop trying to derail the thread with your nonsensical nonsense that be great 👍🏽👏🏾

There were plenty of folk happier than you. 

There is no one more angrier or bitter than you tho. 

If you could take a step back, hold fire on the slaver grenades and generally be a bit more stable, that would be great. 

Probably keep the Fred on topic as well. 

kingantti1874
32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

In your opinion, the system requires two wingbacks who can cross the ball, Cochrane and Smith can’t. 
Boyce does a wonderful job up there, and in midfield, but we aren’t creating many chances and are hardly scoring from open play. 
As I’ve said teams are now getting used to how we play and how to stop us from doing what was effective for us. 
Are you saying the manager doesn’t know how to change it or have an effective plan B, if so his Uber supporters will be on to you shortly. 

Everyone on here is sharing opinion.  

3-4-3 will continue to work in certain fixtures.. we haven’t scored a huge number from open play but that’s on overly simplistic view.  We have created and failed to convert a lot of opportunities. 

I do agree it would work better if our full backs were better at crossing the ball and I do agree we need another forward. 

and yes, Aberdeen made an unbelievably obvious tactical alteration and our manager/ coaching staff for some reason did not react to it. Saturday was a failure of management 100% .  Aberdeen do not have better players than hearts

Edited by kingantti1874

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

The other side of that is what is the measure of "success"?

Like Moore, has he been succesful?  I'd say yes, others would say no because he hasn't played much.  For me he's a success as he's shown he's good and if needed, we have depth without quality drop (some would argue quality uplift)

McKay, Woodburn... again, kinda hard to say.  They've had good games, but their final product (like actually in terms of goals and assists) is poor.  Their fault?  System? Luck?  Does it make them unsuccesful signings??

I guess the bar is low!  Unsuccessful signings at Hearts have been Whelan, Vanacek, Malo Martin etc.  All for varying reasons those three, but undoubtedly unsuccessful!!  What was Aidy White???  Unsuccessful?  Had a couple of big moments but in general was just meh, right???

Not expecting answer, just funny we'd have such a specific 55% being a good number on something which feels very subjective.

yeah - not sure why the 55% figure was mentioned - feels like it's more a case of "if you can overall sign better players than poor ones, you're doing well" - by that logic, you could have a figure of 51%

think it's fair to say our recent signings have done way better than many of the previous ones. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We kind of are on a poor run with no win in 4.

Not suggesting failing to win on Saturday means the pitchforks will be out but we (or 'Bob') needs to show we can maintain a higher level of performance over a season and minimising our poor runs is key to that.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

3-4-3 will continue to work in certain fixtures.. we haven’t scored a huge number from open play but that’s on overly simplistic view.  We have created and failed to convert a lot of opportunities. 

I do agree it would work better if our full backs were better at crossing the ball and I do agree we need another forward. 

and yes, Aberdeen made an unbelievably obvious tactical alteration and our manager/ coaching staff for some reason did not react to it. Saturday was a failure of management 100% .  Aberdeen do not have better players than hearts

Hearts would be a different team with a really good attack minded midfielder. 

It’s staring everyone in the face.  A player who’d knit it together with his fellow midfielders and wide players.

Im not saying it’s simple or easy but it’s taken a few games to see what needs ironed out.  The whole rotational thing with the natural wide players isn’t really bearing the fruit RN expected. Esp as they don’t always play in their preferred roles.  Gino seems to be the best at adapting to playing through the middle when asked as shown from last season.

We need a Dani Alves, Spinazzola type Wing Back on one side. That and a mobile Striker would change the dynamic. 

Could do with a big Centerhalf given how shite we have been at set pieces. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We kind of are on a poor run with no win in 4.

Not suggesting failing to win on Saturday means the pitchforks will be out but we (or 'Bob') needs to show we can maintain a higher level of performance over a season and minimising our poor runs is key to that.

Yeah, it would be but I expected 2/3 poor runs throughout the season. 

Not really a surprise to me. 

I didn't think we'd challenge for the league or not get beaten. I thought we'd be top 4 and we're on course for that, in fact I think we can be third now. 

Only the rabids  will get the pitchforks out when we hit a bump. 

Tbh some are waiting on it. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We need a Dani Alves, Spinazzola type Wing Back on one side. That and a mobile Striker would change the dynamic. 

Honestly, a RWB with an attacking mindset changes our team immeasurably. McKay or Gino can start to drift into the box, Boyce gets freed up. It would be awesome. a Demi Mitchell sort of player would be perfect, i.e one that was a winger but has been converted. 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Great player!... just shows a LWB with a right foot can be very effective! Someone of that ilk (in our price range) would do me in January along with the striker, as you say.

26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aberdeen have taken 4 points out of 6 from us this season they have been our most difficult opposition in my opinion. I agree about changing our tactics to handle Brown being switched to midfield or the manager's failure to do so probably cost us on Saturday. Do they have better players than us? , probably not but they seem better organised. Their results against other teams have been poorer than ours so hopefully they aren just our bogey team this season.

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Afraid I have to agree with this. 

It looks to me as if Adebayo has moved up in the world in terms of value and wages it would take a very good offer to temp him away from Luton now. 

Can see them competing for the play offs now. 

Adebayo is very much the one that got away I'm afraid. 😒

Out of contract in the summer according to transfermrkt.

I think we need a hungry goal scorer and I know I have been banging on about Zak Rudden but I think he would do a job for us. With the amount of  chances we create (except against Aberdeen) I think he would score plenty. Lad is hungry and aggressive. Even booted his own team mate in the head to score. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Honestly, a RWB with an attacking mindset changes our team immeasurably. McKay or Gino can start to drift into the box, Boyce gets freed up. It would be awesome. a Demi Mitchell sort of player would be perfect, i.e one that was a winger but has been converted. 

Defo mate. 

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Great player!... just shows a LWB with a right foot can be very effective! Someone of that ilk (in our price range) would do me in January along with the striker, as you say.

January is hard because ideally we want a good player who is fit and teams will be unwilling to part. 

Random name but Joshua Brenet at Hoffenheim would fit the script, isn't in the picture at Hoffenheim in the first team, currently playing for their B team. 

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I agree he was the right player at the wrong time, would be interesting to see how he'd get on with the squad we have now for sure

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Calum Patterson?

12 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I agree he was the right player at the wrong time, would be interesting to see how he'd get on with the squad we have now for sure

Defo mate

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Yup, spotty dog there.

And you have to remember he has Soapy inside him too (oh my!) so has a bit of freedom too, and someone to play good football with from the back.

Both our wingbacks have scored goals this season (set up by one another I think too..??) so it shows it's a great weapon.  Smith has grown into the role certainly but an option like a Paterson or Demi type would improve us a lot I think.

I don't usually think in these terms, but we're not a very tall team and are feeling a bit weak at set pieces.  For that reason, a bit tall marauding RWB would maybe be my choice - but being picky now!!

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

We offered money though. Have you researched this subject at all? 

Yeah did it on train up to Pittodrie but thanks for that, noted. Do you believe everything you read.....

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Controversial but I would bin Woodburn (as things are at the moment) and try to get someone on the rise. Not sure this lad is ever going to fulfil his potential. 

He may of course improve over the next couple of months, with the amount of ball we have, not creating enough, not sure he has completed 90 mins, suggesting to me, its not the golden signing we had hoped for.

Maybe try to swap GMS for someone else too, expecting something more by now, 10 months on, time he delivered. 

Right back cover (or better) was never addressed and its painfully obvious Boyce needs some competition/cover also. Not gone unnoticed by management for sure.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Controversial but I would bin Woodburn (as things are at the moment) and try to get someone on the rise. Not sure this lad is ever going to fulfil his potential. 

He may of course improve over the next couple of months, with the amount of ball we have, not creating enough, not sure he has completed 90 mins, suggesting to me, its not the golden signing we had hoped for.

Maybe try to swap GMS for someone else too, expecting something more by now, 10 months on, time he delivered. 

Right back cover (or better) was never addressed and its painfully obvious Boyce needs some competition/cover also. Not gone unnoticed by management for sure.

I want to see him played as a striker. Still early days at the moment with him, I think there's definitely a player there. Not a 'hope he turns good' thing and I'm not being swayed by the fact he came from Liverpool.  Poppadom hands done well to make me never be 'wow'ed' by the club they came from.

I reckon Woodburn can definitely pick up, I thought he looked decent the first couple games he had with us.

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Forgot to say, agree with your GMS opinion, he's had more than enough time and he's mince more often than not. Another player riding on what he used to be instead of what he's delivering now. Saw it happen with Naismith. 'But he played for Scotland and played in the EPL' people don't realise a players skill WILL decline. Not everyone is Craig Gordon.

No room for sentiment in fielding a successful football team I'm afraid.

No player is bigger than the club.

25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I remember you panning me for suggesting that he would not be the golden goose everyone thought he would be before we signed him. :lol:

SomethingAboutObua
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Patience is beginning to wear a bit with him I have to say. Other than sending the ball a few inches over the bar every game he's not really offering much to get folk out their seats. Giving him the benefit of the doubt he's not a winger and should be in the middle, besides his early confidence I'm not really sure what he's meant to offer atm that Gino and McKay don't 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I remember you panning me for suggesting that he would not be the golden goose everyone thought he would be before we signed him. :lol:

Don't mind admitting I'm wrong if I did say that but don't remember yesterday to be honest 

1 hour ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Patience is beginning to wear a bit with him I have to say. Other than sending the ball a few inches over the bar every game he's not really offering much to get folk out their seats. Giving him the benefit of the doubt he's not a winger and should be in the middle, besides his early confidence I'm not really sure what he's meant to offer atm that Gino and McKay don't 

Really think this formation (343) isn't bringing out the best in him. I think if this is going to be our main formation, then we really need to improve our wingbacks. Its such a key position for our attacking threat. I think at the moment, we're forced into using our wide players in the 3 as wingers, but with more competent wingbacks we might be able to have them drift inside. I think that would suit Woodburn far more than whatever we're trying to do at the moment. 

Alternatively, a 352 or 433/4231 would create space for more of a 10 which would probably be more his kind of role (and Walker and McEneff). I was watching this video on Contes 343 with Chelsea and it goes on to say about Alonso and Victor Moses as the wingbacks. Moses is more of a winger, so I wonder if we could alternate our wingbacks to have one full back and one winger. I.e Smith & Gino or Cochrane & McKay. The idea being to try and be a bit more attack minded. It seems like our wingbacks are just fullbacks playing out of position than true wingbacks. Obviously we're not Chelsea but a similar approach could be used and might help offer more support to our attacks without losing all of our defensive solidity. 

30 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Don't mind admitting I'm wrong if I did say that but don't remember yesterday to be honest 

He's got until January to prove his worth and he's definitely got talent so he might come good yet. 👍

Tom Hardy’s Dug

One change I’d be making at the moment is bringing in Moore for Halkett.

I’m not a Halkett hater but the defence hasn’t functioned properly the last 3 games and Halkett is the weakest link. Moore would add another CB who can bring the ball out and play decent passes.

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’m not a Halkett hater but the defence hasn’t functioned properly the last 3 games and Halkett is the weakest link. Moore would add another CB who can bring the ball out and play decent passes.

Agree with this. He seems to have one brainfart a game that nearly costs us a goal. Moore looks to be a more solid defender so would like to see him given a chance. 

20 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

3 out of 4 of our last conceded goals have come from the RH corner (2corners, 1 long throw). They’ve been schoolboy errors - terrible goals to lose! …and IIRC a couple of these have come from a Halkett-brainfart-pass. I would also give Moore a shot. 
That said, I like Halket but he’s been poor of late. 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Agree with this. He seems to have one brainfart a game that nearly costs us a goal. Moore looks to be a more solid defender so would like to see him given a chance. 

He's been having more and more each game, it's very concerning. 

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

We haven’t created a large number of opportunities either, I can barely think of six great chances we didn’t take. We hardly have any one on ones with the GK, it’s all in front the defence because of the system and when drop the tempo. 
I doubt if he will change it, hopefully a few players and a reaction to last week. 
I agree about his failure to act against Aberdeen, not sure what difference Halliday was going to make. 

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

There were plenty of folk happier than you. 

There is no one more angrier or bitter than you tho. 

If you could take a step back, hold fire on the slaver grenades and generally be a bit more stable, that would be great. 

Probably keep the Fred on topic as well. 

You know where you can stick your advice eh 😆!!!

We should go for Rooney at St Johnstone for the RWB role. Out of contract at the end of the season so should be able to get him for a small fee. 

14 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don't think his defending has been the issue as much as his passing has been. Numerous times he's put us in the shite lately.

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I don't think his defending has been the issue as much as his passing has been. Numerous times he's put us in the shite lately.

Agreed. His defending is pretty much spot on. His passing straight to opponents has put us in trouble more than I can care to count.

I'd probably still keep him in the team though. 

kingantti1874
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We haven’t created a large number of opportunities either, I can barely think of six great chances we didn’t take. We hardly have any one on ones with the GK, it’s all in front the defence because of the system and when drop the tempo. 
I doubt if he will change it, hopefully a few players and a reaction to last week. 
I agree about his failure to act against Aberdeen, not sure what difference Halliday was going to make. 

totally disagree. Livingston and Motherwell we could easily have had 5/6 goal wins.. Against Dundee we should have been well out of sight, against St Johnstone we created enough in the second half in particular.  Against rangers in the last 30 we had 3/4 very good chances if you include those wrongly flagged which is decent at ibrox..

Aberdeen but is the outlier 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic