• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Tom Hardy’s Dug
47 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would say most people on here realise your boy is a negative manager, 8 defensive players every week would prove this. Like his mentor. 

7 😉

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Even in the clip it f his goal he looks a much different prospect, aggressive and not scared to challenge the CH, hit the shot pretty cleanly which Gnanduillet seems to struggle with. 
I get the impression Savage maybe knew about Adebayo and was behind that deal. 

What gives you that impression?

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think we might only be able to afford a forward in January, unless someone leaves. 

Our income for the six months to Dec 21 will be well ahead of what was planned in the summer so I suspect we will have money for signings, not a signing. As an example, I doubt we would have planned for many gates of 15k plus when doing the budget round earlier this year. We also had a cup tie at Parkhead that brought in money, also unbudgeted. Hospitality is way ahead of what was anticipated. And there’s more. 

6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Like most I'd be happy with a quiet January and bring in 2 players - striker and RWB. No need for any huge changes, in or out.

👍 we maybe need to sign  a couple of the loans and out of contract players we have. If not it’s another big summer in the transfer market. 

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What gives you that impression?

His knowledge of the English game and his choice of players thar seem of a higher quality than Roberts or Frear? You think he wasn’t aware of the guy?

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Our income for the six months to Dec 21 will be well ahead of what was planned in the summer so I suspect we will have money for signings, not a signing. As an example, I doubt we would have planned for many gates of 15k plus when doing the budget round earlier this year. We also had a cup tie at Parkhead that brought in money, also unbudgeted. Hospitality is way ahead of what was anticipated. And there’s more. 

Let’s hope so, we are still due Budge £3.1m and have used a fair bit to sign the quality we have already. 

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

👍 we maybe need to sign  a couple of the loans and out of contract players we have. If not it’s another big summer in the transfer market. 

It might well require another 8 anyway in the summer as a lot of the squad are either returning to parent clubs or out of contract. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I wonder how much PPV cash we’ve brought in. 

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

His knowledge of the English game and his choice of players thar seem of a higher quality than Roberts or Frear? You think he wasn’t aware of the guy?

I’m sure he was aware of both. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Also which one was the better option. 

The fact that we couldn’t afford him but could afford Gnando would suggest he was always the better option. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The fact that we couldn’t afford him but could afford Gnando would suggest he was always the better option. 

I’m not sure where you’re getting that we couldn’t afford Adebayo, the club wouldn’t sell him to us. We had agreed terms with the player but they wouldn’t discuss a fee. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure where you’re getting that we couldn’t afford Adebayo, the club wouldn’t sell him to us. We had agreed terms with the player but they wouldn’t discuss a fee. 

From the article below we were hoping to avoid the £100k development fee by getting him on a free at the end of the season. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/elijah-adebayo-agrees-hearts-deal-19690405.amp

You would imagine if we had offered as much as Luton they would have sold him to us. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You don't sign 2nd choice and announce he was 2nd choice. Based on Devlin, Beni, Gino and trying for permanent but only getting loan deals for Woodburn, Cochrane and Moore suggests our signing policy is young hungry players. Gnando is neither young nor hungry. So likely a backup that we went for after Adebayo fell through. 

Disappointing but hopefully our next signing matches the profile where we seem to be finding success. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

You don't sign 2nd choice and announce he was 2nd choice. Based on Devlin, Beni, Gino and trying for permanent but only getting loan deals for Woodburn, Cochrane and Moore suggests our signing policy is young hungry players. Gnando is neither young nor hungry. So likely a backup that we went for after Adebayo fell through. 

Disappointing but hopefully our next signing matches the profile where we seem to be finding success. 

The fact he was only given an 18 month contract suggests a level of uncertainty around him. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s hope so, we are still due Budge £3.1m and have used a fair bit to sign the quality we have already. 

We haven’t actually. Hardly any money paid out on transfer fees. Most signings loans, free’s or very small fee’s. Wage bill won’t be huge either in comparison to previous years. The repayments to Budge are going to be spread over many years, probably the never, never. Suspect she is/will be one of our benefactors, possibly putting in circa £3.1m over the next few years. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I wonder how much PPV cash we’ve brought in. 

Some, but not a huge amount after the incremental costs are deducted. Certainly some from Aberdeen fans earlier in the season. . 

49 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The fact he was only given an 18 month contract suggests a level of uncertainty around him. 

Yes, not long until he has left the building. January I’d expect if we can sign another 1/2 strikers. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

From the article below we were hoping to avoid the £100k development fee by getting him on a free at the end of the season. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/elijah-adebayo-agrees-hearts-deal-19690405.amp

You would imagine if we had offered as much as Luton they would have sold him to us. 

You said we couldn’t afford him which is wrong, we did have money as we used it on McEneff. 

https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2021/01/25/hearts-land-new-striker-after-being-left-frustrated-in-their-pursuit-of-walsall-target-man/

13CED49F-6939-4793-8285-3B12A30BB32B.png

Edited by Pasquale for King

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You said we couldn’t afford him which is wrong, we did have money as we used it on McEneff. 

https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2021/01/25/hearts-land-new-striker-after-being-left-frustrated-in-their-pursuit-of-walsall-target-man/

13CED49F-6939-4793-8285-3B12A30BB32B.png

We either couldn’t afford him or didn’t want to spend whatever Walsall wanted for him. Either way we didn’t pay that money while Luton clearly did. 

Leveins Battalion

Adebayo didnt sign cos we upset their manager, the player wanted to come,the club wanted him.Would not be surprised to see him end up at Tynecastle.

21 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Adebayo didnt sign cos we upset their manager, the player wanted to come,the club wanted him.Would not be surprised to see him end up at Tynecastle.

I do remember them making noises about how we approached him. 

35 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He is scoring goals for Luton (8 in 14 games this season) in The Championship and they are going well in the league. I watched their game last night against Middlesbrough and he bullied their centre backs and scored 1. 

Can't see him leaving Luton unless someone is going to pay good money for him.

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We either couldn’t afford him or didn’t want to spend whatever Walsall wanted for him. Either way we didn’t pay that money while Luton clearly did. 

At the end of the window when they realised he was leaving for nothing. 

22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I do remember them making noises about how we approached him. 

As usual in England they’re a bit backward in football rules and didn’t know you can approach someone in the last six months of their contract, you can’t there but you can everywhere else on the planet. 

45 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Absolute gash.

On 02/11/2021 at 16:43, JamboAl said:

I'm neither doubting nor agreeing with you on that point but the poster to whom I replied seems to have thought so.

We might have different definitions of a hit, but we also seem have a different definition of summer as mine doesn't include January. Savage joined at the end of December so there was no time to put a proper set-up in place for January. It also can't have helped that we were in a division which meant our appeal probably didn't match the wages we were capable of offering. It's since we've got promotion and put that set-up in place that we've started reaping the benefits.

Baningime, Devlin, Cochrane and McKay have unquestionably enhanced the team. Moore hasn't been playing because his more established competitors hadn't done anything to be dropped, not through any fault in his performances. He's done his job well when called upon and therefore fits the bill for a back-up defender perfectly in my view. It might not be long before he finds himself back in the starting XI anyway.

I'd agree Woodburn hasn't worked out so far, although he looks to have something about him. That's normal, though - there isn't a head of recruitment anywhere that gets every single one right. If there was they wouldn't be at Hearts. It's about getting more right than wrong and 1 miss out of 6 achieves that and more.

As for "isn't it his job to identify a new goalkeeper i.e. one better than Stewart?" - not necessarily. It's been made clear that the manager identifies the types of player he wants and has final say on who signs. We signed Stewart because Neilson wanted to. 

Like I said in my earlier post, I wouldn't give Savage all the credit for identifying players because it's about having a professional set-up befitting of the club's size rather than one guy with superhuman scouting abilities. It's still early days, but he does deserve credit for putting that set-up in place. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would say most people on here realise your boy is a negative manager, 8 defensive players every week would prove this. Like his mentor. 

You're the most negative poster on here, with a little bit of bitterness sprinkled on top. 

I don't know your mentor is tho. 

You desperately want him to be negative, unfortunately just like the first time round the goals, points and league position all point to you talking shite. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

We haven’t actually. Hardly any money paid out on transfer fees. Most signings loans, free’s or very small fee’s. Wage bill won’t be huge either in comparison to previous years. The repayments to Budge are going to be spread over many years, probably the never, never. Suspect she is/will be one of our benefactors, possibly putting in circa £3.1m over the next few years. 

Good to know.
It will be interesting to see how big the wage bill is, and who we go for in January. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Christian Doidge on a pre-contract?  He would be a brilliant fit imo. 

You been drinking 😱😜

46 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're the most negative poster on here, with a little bit of bitterness sprinkled on top. 

You desperately want him to be negative, unfortunately just like the first time round the goals, points and league position all point to you talking shite. 

You will be on ignore, way too factual for him to understand.

Chunk on the other hand has bored everybody to death to the point nobody really interacts with him. Hears stuff in the boozer and not only believes it, comes on here spouting it as the truth. 

Zero credibility on here and best ignored. . . . . 😉

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What does “I don’t know your mentor is tho” mean? Your clueless illiterate ramblings are well known on here and you get slated every day for it Tosh. 
I must’ve just imagined his failings last time and last season, not many managers have ever had a ****ing plane flown over their ground slagging them 😆
Levein is his mentor, another negative manager who talked a good game, who funnily enough had your 100% backing and that you welcome back at the club with open arms. 
One is responsible for the worst result in our history and the other for the worst run without a victory. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

You will be on ignore, way too factual for him to understand.

Chunk on the other hand has bored everybody to death to the point nobody really interacts with him. Hears stuff in the boozer and not only believes it, comes on here spouting it as the truth. 

Zero credibility on here and best ignored. . . . . 😉

Yet you’re still taking about me 😆

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yet you’re still taking about me 😆

Just pointing out a few home truths to a fellow guid Jambo.

Something you ain't  😉

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Just pointing out a few home truths to a fellow guid Jambo.

Something you ain't  😉

Yeah you two are much better Jambos than me 😂🤦🏽

10 hours ago, DC_92 said:

We might have different definitions of a hit, but we also seem have a different definition of summer as mine doesn't include January. Savage joined at the end of December so there was no time to put a proper set-up in place for January. It also can't have helped that we were in a division which meant our appeal probably didn't match the wages we were capable of offering. It's since we've got promotion and put that set-up in place that we've started reaping the benefits.

Baningime, Devlin, Cochrane and McKay have unquestionably enhanced the team. Moore hasn't been playing because his more established competitors hadn't done anything to be dropped, not through any fault in his performances. He's done his job well when called upon and therefore fits the bill for a back-up defender perfectly in my view. It might not be long before he finds himself back in the starting XI anyway.

I'd agree Woodburn hasn't worked out so far, although he looks to have something about him. That's normal, though - there isn't a head of recruitment anywhere that gets every single one right. If there was they wouldn't be at Hearts. It's about getting more right than wrong and 1 miss out of 6 achieves that and more.

As for "isn't it his job to identify a new goalkeeper i.e. one better than Stewart?" - not necessarily. It's been made clear that the manager identifies the types of player he wants and has final say on who signs. We signed Stewart because Neilson wanted to. 

Like I said in my earlier post, I wouldn't give Savage all the credit for identifying players because it's about having a professional set-up befitting of the club's size rather than one guy with superhuman scouting abilities. It's still early days, but he does deserve credit for putting that set-up in place. 

so if Nielsen has the final say on a signing, then he has to take all the credit or criticism of any signing. us arseholes on JKB can't then attribute good signings to savage and bad ones to Nielsen then :)

In reality, thought its obvs a team effort - Nielsen, Savage +Scouts take all the credit or blame.

The first minister has spoken, it's a three line whip, stand in line and don't speak out against his tunnel vision.

Meanwhile we are signing a striker from Luton in the future who has already turned us down, oh my sides.

Edited by Lfhearts

I think we need more pace, more direct threat. I guess everyone wants that which may be an issue!

If we sign, say, a cf/forward and a rwb, I'd like them to be either whippets or very athletic and direct.

To use previous jambos as examples...

Someone in the Connor Washingt mould would be good up front and a diiferent option imo. A Sleevesy type.

At rwb either a Shay Logan or Calum P type would work. Bit of chat re Rooney at St J. Im not convinced by him tbh. Has feel of right guy at right club to me.

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

so if Nielsen has the final say on a signing, then he has to take all the credit or criticism of any signing. us arseholes on JKB can't then attribute good signings to savage and bad ones to Nielsen then :)

In reality, thought its obvs a team effort - Nielsen, Savage +Scouts take all the credit or blame.

Correct.

Earlier in the thread Savage's signing efforts were described as "outstanding" but when the duff ones were pointed out it suddenly become's RN's fault.

The reality is it boils down more to what players we need at a particular time and how much dosh we have to service that need as opposed to who actually signs them.  IMO Savage has done a good (not perfect by any means) job so far but even now, despite the number of signings made, we need a No 2 goalie, . a  central defender, a RWB and a big imposing striker as a minimum if we are going make a sustained challenge.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He maybe wouldn’t need to urge them forward if he didn’t play a system that seems he’ll bent on the defenders having more of the ball than the three isolated forwards. 

yeah!!! That damn system that had us at the unbeaten and briefly top of the league 🤦🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Correct.

Earlier in the thread Savage's signing efforts were described as "outstanding" but when the duff ones were pointed out it suddenly become's RN's fault.

The reality is it boils down more to what players we need at a particular time and how much dosh we have to service that need as opposed to who actually signs them.  IMO Savage has done a good (not perfect by any means) job so far but even now, despite the number of signings made, we need a No 2 goalie, . a  central defender, a RWB and a big imposing striker as a minimum if we are going make a sustained challenge.

agree. didn't Savage also say that the aim is to get 55% of signings being successful? thats what 11 players out of 20 signings are good......but 9 not so.....

34 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Correct.

Not sure why we need a CH?  Got 3 doing OK (Halks having a blip but been good and hopefully gets head back in game), who've done well all season.  Moore has looked good.  Cochrane done well in there when needed and we all know Smith is good there.  Even got Haring.  Not having a go (obvs!) just don't see it as a priority in the slightest.

Personally I want more direct thrust in the team.  Speed and power up front and wide.  A quick, clever forward who can play up top or wide (I said someone like Washington or S Elliott if that makes sense) and a powerful direct RWB.  That's what I want.

Goalie, aye, but i think prob hard to recruit any decent qual when you have Craigy is prob the issue.

25 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

agree. didn't Savage also say that the aim is to get 55% of signings being successful? thats what 11 players out of 20 signings are good......but 9 not so.....

The other side of that is what is the measure of "success"?

Like Moore, has he been succesful?  I'd say yes, others would say no because he hasn't played much.  For me he's a success as he's shown he's good and if needed, we have depth without quality drop (some would argue quality uplift)

McKay, Woodburn... again, kinda hard to say.  They've had good games, but their final product (like actually in terms of goals and assists) is poor.  Their fault?  System? Luck?  Does it make them unsuccesful signings??

I guess the bar is low!  Unsuccessful signings at Hearts have been Whelan, Vanacek, Malo Martin etc.  All for varying reasons those three, but undoubtedly unsuccessful!!  What was Aidy White???  Unsuccessful?  Had a couple of big moments but in general was just meh, right???

Not expecting answer, just funny we'd have such a specific 55% being a good number on something which feels very subjective.

13 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

The other side of that is what is the measure of "success"?

Like Moore, has he been succesful?  I'd say yes, others would say no because he hasn't played much.  For me he's a success as he's shown he's good and if needed, we have depth without quality drop (some would argue quality uplift)

McKay, Woodburn... again, kinda hard to say.  They've had good games, but their final product (like actually in terms of goals and assists) is poor.  Their fault?  System? Luck?  Does it make them unsuccesful signings??

I guess the bar is low!  Unsuccessful signings at Hearts have been Whelan, Vanacek, Malo Martin etc.  All for varying reasons those three, but undoubtedly unsuccessful!!  What was Aidy White???  Unsuccessful?  Had a couple of big moments but in general was just meh, right???

Not expecting answer, just funny we'd have such a specific 55% being a good number on something which feels very subjective.

I was at the recent shareholders dinner where Joe Savage was the guest and he took many question which were covered by one of the posters on here.

Now it may just be that I never took it in but I don't recall him mentioning anything about 55% success rate. Listening to him and his enthusiasm and will to win he will want 100%.

We all know that is an impossible target including Joe but that is what he will strive for of that I am certain.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic