** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

21 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Jamie McGrath would be a good signing. Offer them Walker and some cash. 

Would agree with that, the others from the Spl would be Rooney at RWB and Siegriest from Utd to provide actual cover for CG

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Jamie Hamilton from Hamilton. 

We're losing Souttar. That much is obvious, so if Stoke make an offer which isn't an insult take it and reinvest it in getting Hamilton signed up. Highly rated young CB. 

EDIT: Rooney and Rudden too. Paterson if we can agree something would also be a solid signing. 

Edited by OTT

5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Would agree with that, the others from the Spl would be Rooney at RWB and Siegriest from Utd to provide actual cover for CG

The meltdown when Rooney posts Celtic pictures on social media as a ‘hearts player’ like he currently does at Saints would be something to see.

For starters in January I would look to shift Gnando and Halliday out, possibly Brandon too as I think he is behind Logan in the pecking order now.

Then I would look to sign 2 x strikers, I said before I like the boy Rudden at partick and would take him as a project to develop, hopefully along with a more proven striker at a higher level. Also I would look to bring in a higher quality RWB as I feel this is the last piece of the jigsaw, a Callum Paterson type player would be ideal. Agree with others that we also need to prepare for Souttar leaving in January as a high possibility and target someone as a replacement on a permanent deal? Maybe the other boy from Everton reserves ? Braithwaite?

2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Jamie McGrath would be a good signing. Offer them Walker and some cash. 

Would love to get McGrath, I think his sights will be higher than us I'm afraid.

Starter for the Rep of Ireland.

12 hours ago, bairdy said:

I've read a few times on here about this lad Rudden.

I presume some of you have seen him.

What's he like ?

He's hungry for a goal and a great finisher. Earlier this season he almost knocked out his team mate as he fought for the ball,he scored without even realising the carnage behind him.

44 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

He's hungry for a goal and a great finisher. Earlier this season he almost knocked out his team mate as he fought for the ball,he scored without even realising the carnage behind him.

Hibs looking for striker in January don’t be surprised if they make a strong bid 

14 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I’d certainly take Tony Watt back. Should be in the Scotland squad over Nisbet based on current form.

Brophy or Watt would be cheap and could improve working under Robbie and Naismith coaching on the forwards. 

kingantti1874
16 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Would love to get McGrath, I think his sights will be higher than us I'm afraid.

Starter for the Rep of Ireland.

he was all set to sign for hibs 2 months ago 

kingantti1874
40 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Sheffield Wed have a option to add an extra year so that's a non starter im afraid.

maybe the won’t exercise it

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Was he?  Just because Hibs made an offer at the 11th hour, doesn't mean he was prepared to go.

If you've seen direct quotes, fair enough, I certainly never seen any.

5 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Sheffield Wed have a option to add an extra year so that's a non starter im afraid.

Watched him in the FA Cup tie against Plymouth.

Frankly, he was dreadful. Looks like he has lost his desire.

56 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I imagine the option of a year will have an expiry date. So if the club are interested it would likely be after that to sidestep Wednesday trying to demand a fee. 

Maybe a Berra situation? So whatever we did there to convince Ipswich not to trigger their option. 

I think Paterson would recapture his form here tbh. English football is demanding and pretty cutthroat. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

He is shite. Just a big hoofball clogger that couldn't trap a bag of cement. 

Was he?  Just because Hibs made an offer at the 11th hour, doesn't mean he was prepared to go.

He was. Scott Allen & Drey Wright were in Paisley ready to sign in a swap deal but their DOF guy Mathie didn't do it on time . He's since been sacked.  Heard were watching  Harry Clarke the Arsenal right back on loan at Ross County. So are a few other Scottish clubs though.

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

A little bit of truth there. 

He was effective tho, although not sure he'd fit in with what we are doing now. 

No matter what, He'd definitely not be value for money at this time. 

1 hour ago, gorgie rools said:

He was. Scott Allen & Drey Wright were in Paisley ready to sign in a swap deal but their DOF guy Mathie didn't do it on time . He's since been sacked.  Heard were watching  Harry Clarke the Arsenal right back on loan at Ross County. So are a few other Scottish clubs though.

Clarke is on a year loan.

Cracking player.

7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Found a Sun article with quotes

Looks as if it could have happened.

McGrath said: “Deadline day was a strange one. I knew there was a potential for something going through.

“A deal didn’t happen earlier in the day and I thought that was it and I had to get over that.

"Then at the last minute there was something, but it was too late to do anything.

“I was in Portugal with the Irish team and it  was the night before we played them.

“I had training, we had dinner and it was ten or 11 at night. I had some missed calls from my dad and he told me what was happening.

“Whatever could have happened didn’t, and I  had to dust myself down quickly because I had the biggest game of my life the next day.

“It’s one of those things and I’m sure it won’t be the last time I experience something like that.

“I’d had it in my mind the later in the window  it went, the less likely anything was to happen.

kingantti1874
15 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

by all accounts he wanted to and was willing to sign mate.. only the paperwork stopped it

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wonder if we may go for him again. Uncertainty over Souttar’s future. Halkett replaceable. Kingsley out of contract atm and Moore only on loan.

17 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Wonder if we may go for him again. Uncertainty over Souttar’s future. Halkett replaceable. Kingsley out of contract atm and Moore only on loan.

He was I player I wanted.

The offer from the States was too much to turn down.

I wonder if he has his agent making teams aware that he is prepared to come back.

Sure I read he wasn't getting in the first eleven.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

by all accounts he wanted to and was willing to sign mate.. only the paperwork stopped it

yeah, I posted a link that I found.

Thank god he didn't go them.

The Link I posted also had Aberdeen, 'Boro & Wigan as teams chasing him.

Edited by Tommy Brown

18 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

He will end up at Aberdeen with Gallacher and Bates in a 5 man defence. 

kingantti1874

👍🏻 Just crossed over mate..  it was close.. glad they didn’t land!! As you say a very good player 

I hope Harkes leaves Dundee Utd and signs for a club outwith the UK. Like his dad before him I hear Hearts everytime his name is mentioned.

If he signed for us or, indeed, Hibs, I'd be on the edge every time I listened to a commentary.

19 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Desire can be rekindled: a change of clubs and management-style can often do this.

18 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Well, he certainly wasn't "shite" when he was with us. He's a player in what should be his prime footballing years, hasn't had a history of injury problems, and his experience and versatility* could be valuable to us if he was to return. Fair enough, he seems to have lost his way somewhat and hasn't progressed as much as hoped or expected, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to rediscover his enthusiasm and form at a resurgent Hearts.

(*Perhaps, overall, a drawback for him as he's not been able to fully and permanently establish himself in a particular position anywhere he's been.)

21 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Desire can be rekindled: a change of clubs and management-style can often do this.

Well, he certainly wasn't "shite" when he was with us. He's a player in what should be his prime footballing years, hasn't had a history of injury problems, and his experience and versatility* could be valuable to us if he was to return. Fair enough, he seems to have lost his way somewhat and hasn't progressed as much as hoped or expected, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to rediscover his enthusiasm and form at a resurgent Hearts.

(*Perhaps, overall, a drawback for him as he's not been able to fully and permanently establish himself in a particular position anywhere he's been.)

Jamie Walker was a good player a long time ago as well. Neither of them are good enough for Hearts these days. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Jamie Walker was a good player a long time ago as well. Neither of them are good enough for Hearts these days. 

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not saying that we should be going all-out to sign Patterson, or that he'd be ideal for us right now, but we could do - and have done in recent years - much, much, worse.

18 hours ago, indianajones said:

Tony Watt?

C'mon guys. Wise up. 

Tony Watt goes through his annual purple patch, and people want him back :lol:

He's an absolute waste of a jersey for 75% of the season, at that's been the case at every club he's played for.  Which is 12 clubs, by the way, and he's a month away from turning 28.

8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Tony Watt goes through his annual purple patch, and people want him back :lol:

He's an absolute waste of a jersey for 75% of the season, at that's been the case at every club he's played for.  Which is 12 clubs, by the way, and he's a month away from turning 28.

He is absolute pish. I'd be raging if we signed him. Would rather have Brophy or get Washington back, and even then I'd hope we had better options. 

I'd maybe go back in for Elijah Adebayo or Connor Wickham on a pre-contract for next season and look to loan in a youngster for the remainder of this season (Simms from Everton, Delap from Man City, Balogun from Arsenal as a few examples). 

44 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not saying that we should be going all-out to sign Patterson, or that he'd be ideal for us right now, but we could do - and have done in recent years - much, much, worse.

Maybe in recent years that would have been the case but I think we've now moved away from a style of football that would have suited Paterson to a more possession based game that requires technical players. 

50 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He is absolute pish. I'd be raging if we signed him. Would rather have Brophy or get Washington back, and even then I'd hope we had better options. 

I'd maybe go back in for Elijah Adebayo or Connor Wickham on a pre-contract for next season and look to loan in a youngster for the remainder of this season (Simms from Everton, Delap from Man City, Balogun from Arsenal as a few examples). 

Ooft, if only.  I think that ship might have sailed since he signed for Luton in the Winter Transfer window at the start of the year. 

He's also scored 8 goals for them, and they are sitting nicely in the middle of the pack in the Championship.  A playoff place isn't impossible for them if they keep picking up points, which is probably far more important to them than selling their top goalscorer.

Missed our chance, but I would absolutely take Brophy or Washington!  He was hung out to dry a wee bit, playing in a system that clearly didn't suit him, but there was definitely a player in there that would fit nicely into our team at the minute.

34 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Ooft, if only.  I think that ship might have sailed since he signed for Luton in the Winter Transfer window at the start of the year. 

He's also scored 8 goals for them, and they are sitting nicely in the middle of the pack in the Championship.  A playoff place isn't impossible for them if they keep picking up points, which is probably far more important to them than selling their top goalscorer.

Missed our chance, but I would absolutely take Brophy or Washington!  He was hung out to dry a wee bit, playing in a system that clearly didn't suit him, but there was definitely a player in there that would fit nicely into our team at the minute.

Yeah he only signed an 18 month deal though - it expires at the end of the season, so could be worth exploring. He will no doubt have some offers down there but no reason we can't put our hat in the ring, especially when our finances are looking as decent as they are right now.

Not saying Washington specifically is the answer before anyone starts lol, but someone similar to him with a bit of pace and a willingness to press would be very useful. 

As for Brophy, he's similar to (but not as good as) Boyce and again probably not the answer specifically but he knows where the goal is and would be more consistent than Watt.

Edited by Batistuta87

29 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah he only signed an 18 month deal though - it expires at the end of the season, so could be worth exploring. He will no doubt have some offers down there but no reason we can't put our hat in the ring, especially when our finances are looking as decent as they are right now.

Not saying Washington specifically is the answer before anyone starts lol, but someone similar to him with a bit of pace and a willingness to press would be very useful. 

As for Brophy, he's similar to (but not as good as) Boyce and again probably not the answer specifically but he knows where the goal is and would be more consistent than Watt.

Always thought Washington was a player that was a pest for defences with his running but his finishing wasn’t the best. For a striker he was always looking to pass to someone else. Would still like Henderson to be given a chance as back up to Boyce. He’ll have had a full season playing his preferred position a year older and would be playing in a far better all round team this time. 

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Always thought Washington was a player that was a pest for defences with his running but his finishing wasn’t the best. For a striker he was always looking to pass to someone else. Would still like Henderson to be given a chance as back up to Boyce. He’ll have had a full season playing his preferred position a year older and would be playing in a far better all round team this time. 

His of the ball movement was different class, in the current team he'd be far more prolific, although I agree he's not a top goal scorer. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Hope to **** we don't sign Brophy he's not the answer unless the question is " who should shite football teams sign?". 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hope to **** we don't sign Brophy he's not the answer unless the question is " who should shite football teams sign?". 

He's in the right sort of age bracket, but I do agree, I'd like us to be setting our sights a little higher. Striker and goalkeeper are two areas you'd be silly to cheap out on. Tony Watt is on the up too, but have reservations especially after how bad he was last time. Motherwell with the best will in the world aren't a club where there are real demands. Gives me Dennis Wyness vibes. 

Elijah Adebayo we wanted and got priced out of last season. Dunno if he'd be an option now but he is out of contract in June, likely other sides in the Championship who can outbid us, but coming in for him again after coming so close last time might give him a clear sign he's wanted. Europe would likely be a draw too assuming there is a team there capable of qualifying. Appreciate money ultimately is the main factor but we have a solid young team and something is being built here. If we can offer a competitive deal you never know. 

Could be that the Dundee utd game has given Robbie a bit of food for thought about the need for a big target man too. We seemed far more dangerous and creative with pacey technical players than we have been with a focal point (Boyce/Gnando). That doesn't negate the need for them, but it does mean we have flexibility in how our attack lines up which is good and should mean we're not necessarily looking for a big lad (like Adebayo or Paterson for example). 

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

He is a good player, unfortunately like a number of others was never fit due to what seemed to be an incompetent fitness & medical dept. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Definitely need to be aiming higher, but Brophy was just an example of someone I'd prefer to Watt (emphasis on Watt being pish). I'd be disappointed if we signed someone like that. 

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

He's in the right sort of age bracket, but I do agree, I'd like us to be setting our sights a little higher. Striker and goalkeeper are two areas you'd be silly to cheap out on. Tony Watt is on the up too, but have reservations especially after how bad he was last time. Motherwell with the best will in the world aren't a club where there are real demands. Gives me Dennis Wyness vibes. 

Elijah Adebayo we wanted and got priced out of last season. Dunno if he'd be an option now but he is out of contract in June, likely other sides in the Championship who can outbid us, but coming in for him again after coming so close last time might give him a clear sign he's wanted. Europe would likely be a draw too assuming there is a team there capable of qualifying. Appreciate money ultimately is the main factor but we have a solid young team and something is being built here. If we can offer a competitive deal you never know. 

Could be that the Dundee utd game has given Robbie a bit of food for thought about the need for a big target man too. We seemed far more dangerous and creative with pacey technical players than we have been with a focal point (Boyce/Gnando). That doesn't negate the need for them, but it does mean we have flexibility in how our attack lines up which is good and should mean we're not necessarily looking for a big lad (like Adebayo or Paterson for example). 

We have missed the boat with 

Adebayo. 

Out of our price range now I'm afraid. 

Would definately try to tempt Findlay to come to us.I wanted him before.Has a turn of pace,good in the air and can play a bit,also left sided.His lack of appearances over there will be settling issues as i think he has the ability.If he had signed for us i think he would have been considered for the scotland squad by now.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, OTT said:

tbh, very few players ( realistic ( ish) in Scotland that I'd take.

A few that would better us imo

Ramsey and Hedges

Fuchs

The st mirren midfielder McGrath I think

The rangers iirc Croatian lad that is out of favour.

The young Scottish midfielder  lad at Celtic that is surely now around make or break time- if he's not in their plans would he come as part of a Souttar transfer ( If Souttar is going there)?

I can't really think of a striker tbh.

The Patrick lad may be worth a punt as a back up striker, but unlikely to improve us straight away.

I think "clever looking Joe " will be looking at the English EPL reserves and championship level quality.

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

tbh, very few players ( realistic ( ish) in Scotland that I'd take.

A few that would better us imo

Ramsey and Hedges

Fuchs

The st mirren midfielder McGrath I think

The rangers iirc Croatian lad that is out of favour.

The young Scottish midfielder  lad at Celtic that is surely now around make or break time- if he's not in their plans would he come as part of a Souttar transfer ( If Souttar is going there)?

I can't really think of a striker tbh.

The Patrick lad may be worth a punt as a back up striker, but unlikely to improve us straight away.

I think "clever looking Joe " will be looking at the English EPL reserves and championship level quality.

Thank fxxk the First Minister is not our chief scout, cannot even name the players he describes, just makes it up as goes along.

7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Correct Johan!👍

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic