Jump to content

** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Smith extends deal / Roberts signs for Motherwell ( updated )


Sertse
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

People wanting Woodburn sent back early. Jesus wept. 

 

:rofl:

 

When you think back to the pish we had in the team over the past few years, and these planks want him away. 

 

Some people are utterly dense.

Its just proves that some people know the square root of hee haw aboot fitba 

Edited by John Findlay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Pasquale for King

    259

  • Smith's right boot

    277

  • BackOfTheNet

    239

  • GinRummy

    363

8 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

if we don't win every game then we are rubbish!

these boys heads would have exploded in the 70's and early 80's 😂

No they wouldn't have, as they would have been nowhere near supporting Hearts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

He just needs a goal. You could see against Hibs and in spells that he is a good player. Just be patient and stop flapping like a leaf in the wind. 

 

I trust Joe Savage and Neilson to understand the merits and abilities of a player more than I trust someone on this site who wouldn't know his arse from is elbow when it comes to judging a player.

 

Just out of interest what would you do ? 

 

 

Oh ok…I bow to your greater judgment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd go for Shaun Rooney for RWB. Clueless on who'd be good for CF. Paterson would be my pick, but wages likely a stumbling block we can't get over. 

 

 

A loan though - maybe be possible 

and Rhodes from there too perhaps 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What about someone like Jordan Rhodes 

 

knows how to score but out of favour where he is 

Johnny Russell in his last year in America maybe a return to Scotland ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The lack of ambition and acceptance of mediocrity of some on here is baffling at times.Stuck in the bad old days and happy to be trudging along behind the old firm….but as long as we finish above Hibs eh…😩

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

I wouldn't worry. There is no way we would sign a player on a 3 year deal from a top flight English club and stick a 300k release clause as part of the deal. 

 

It wouldn't make sense. He has come here to play regularly and make the club a good deal of money so don't get your boxers in a twist.

Yeah hoping so. You know what teams down south and the old firm are like offer peanuts to other Scottish teams for players . We have beni down for 3 years and hope if there is a clause in the contract it’s into the millions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

The lack of ambition and acceptance of mediocrity of some on here is baffling at times.Stuck in the bad old days and happy to be trudging along behind the old firm….but as long as we finish above Hibs eh…😩

We’ve lost years because of poor managerial decisions and poor recruitment. At last we seem to be heading in the right direction but challenging the old firm after being promoted from the championship is unrealistic. If we can get stronger season by season and not take so many backward steps then I believe we can get there.  
 

Same with Neilson, there will come a point where he can’t take us any further and hopefully the board will let him go at the right time. That time isn’t right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't think we will be signing anyone 30+ unless it's we need a loan till end of season. Anyone permanent will be of a young age. Savage and neilson have said will be a young player as Boyce is in his 30s now.

Edited by johnking123
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Johnny Russell in his last year in America maybe a return to Scotland ?

Yeh good thinking 

when does their season end?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feel pretty confident that Savage and his team will maximise our recruitment as per Robbies requirements. As others have said we really need another striker, if not 2, also a RWB and I really hope we get an attacking central midfielder (as we are too predictable with going out wide and lack real intent through the middle). Even though it is a difficult window to bring quality in, really do think we will do well with our new set up as we are only a few players away from a really solid base/core for the next few years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

The lack of ambition and acceptance of mediocrity of some on here is baffling at times.Stuck in the bad old days and happy to be trudging along behind the old firm….but as long as we finish above Hibs eh…😩

Lacking ambition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sertse said:

To be fair the management have done an incredible job in ridding us of dead wood and bringing in quality. There's obviously a couple who haven't lived up to expectations but it has been much much better than the levein days. 

Savage has been outstanding in identifying targets.

Outstanding? Really?

Plusses: Devlin, Beni (Apart from defending set pieces) and Mackay 

The rest are pretty beige 

Flit in and out of the side 

Dont contribute massively 

Woodburn, for me has been a disappointment thus far. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Outstanding? Really?

Plusses: Devlin, Beni (Apart from defending set pieces) and Mackay 

The rest are pretty beige 

Flit in and out of the side 

Dont contribute massively 

Woodburn, for me has been a disappointment thus far. 

Moore has looked good and should get a run out ahead of Hallkett imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Outstanding? Really?

Plusses: Devlin, Beni (Apart from defending set pieces) and Mackay 

The rest are pretty beige 

Flit in and out of the side 

Dont contribute massively 

Woodburn, for me has been a disappointment thus far. 

Tbf we’ve come out of the championship and sit third after a round of fixtures. I can’t think of many wingers who are not inconsistent, not just at Hearts. Moore and Cochrane look good enough to do well in this league. 

Edited by GinRummy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kingantti1874
49 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

The lack of ambition and acceptance of mediocrity of some on here is baffling at times.Stuck in the bad old days and happy to be trudging along behind the old firm….but as long as we finish above Hibs eh…😩


This is just simplistic thinking I’m afraid. The reality is - if we were to build a team capable of challenging the old firm it would be ripped to pieces because we do not generate the income to pay the players enough to keep them. E.g Aaron Hickey. 
 

the club needs to be built slowly, we will only ever truly challenge them if we can double or maybe treble our income and thus double or treble our playing budget.
 

I’d have thought an agent would understand the basic economics of football. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Outstanding? Really?

Plusses: Devlin, Beni (Apart from defending set pieces) and Mackay 

The rest are pretty beige 

Flit in and out of the side 

Dont contribute massively 

Woodburn, for me has been a disappointment thus far. 


woodburn was excellent when he came into the side.  He has tailed off in the last couple of fixtures. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tbf we’ve come out of the championship and sit third after a round of fixtures. I can’t think of many wingers who are not inconsistent, not just at Hearts. Moore and Cochrane look good enough to do well in this league. 

I don’t want to get all Hibs but we’re still a pretty grim watch, particularly without Boyce. Slow and predictable 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I don’t want to get all Hibs but we’re still a pretty grim watch, particularly without Boyce. Slow and predictable 

Too much emphasis on possession and risk averse going forward. That’s how it’ll be but in saying that we have played some great football to watch imo. Dundee United first half up there and Livi at home, in fact some spells in a lot of games. 

Edited by GinRummy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I don’t want to get all Hibs but we’re still a pretty grim watch, particularly without Boyce. Slow and predictable 


On Saturday we were slow and predictable. Yes.

 

However, this season generally, we’ve been anything but. We play some really nice football. Our only crime - not being clinical enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:


woodburn was excellent when he came into the side.  He has tailed off in the last couple of fixtures. 

Again, excellent? He hasn’t scored and most of his efforts on goal end up in the stand. He tip taps the ball about and seems, to me to lack composure/desire. New to the league so prepared to give him a bit of time but so far he’s a bit Demi Mitchell second time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:


On Saturday we were slow and predictable. Yes.

 

However, this season generally, we’ve been anything but. We play some really nice football. Our only crime - not being clinical enough. 

 

Hmm I think we've been pretty slow and predictable all season to be honest. That's not a negative thing per say, some of the most successful teams play this way.  Difference is we have a better standard of player than 75% of the league.

I've said for weeks, the formation is sound but doesn't give us much in attacking sense. Front 3 are so isolated, wing backs aren't brave enough (is that coming from management or because they are defenders by trade), I would like to see a 3-4-1-2 to give wing backs more room to roam and get strikers closer together. Boyce and Gnado up there together gives us different options.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Too much emphasis on possession and risk averse going forward. That’s how it’ll be but in saying that we have played some great football to watch imo. Dundee United first half up there and Livi at home, in fact some spells in a lot of games. 

There have been points in this first round of fixtures where some of football has been fantastic, the movement and passing, particularly going forward through the middle, has been glorious. If we had a real quality CF at the end of it all we could be devestating. A million miles from the slow, one dimensional and predictable side way shifting that the team is way too comfortable with. I think there is much more in the players, just if they would have the confidence to express it a bit more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like us to ditch the 3 up top and play Boyce and Woodburn as a front two  with McKay or Walker in behind at home and Haring/McEneff in behind for tougher away fixtures .

The width could come from Smith and Cochrane.

This would bring out the best in Woodburn imo.

Gives us Ginelly GMS and Gnando as options from the bench for formation changes if the game dictates it .

RN needs to get away from this mindset of changing like for like constantly game after game imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smith's right boot
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Did we get a loan forward last season? Only remember GMS and gnando arriving up front. 
 

They may go for a loan if no-one worth a permanent deal is available. 

 

We also got Boyce in Jan the year before iirc. 

It's not great for quantity of signings ( we don't need many), but you can get the odd one or 2 good one. 

 

For me. 

 

If Souttar hasn't signed, try and move him for money and replace with Smith until the seasons end. 

Get a rwb to replace Smith as he's now a centre half. 

In that plays put we aren't really Weakened short term. 

 

A striker, ideally shift Gnando ( he's gone in the summer anyway) and get in another striker. 

 

If Souttar signs an extension I'd be happy with a striker only and shifting Gnando. 

 

A bit out there and champ managerish but I'd try for Wiltshire even if only a 6 month deal. 

Even half fit He'd be like charlie adam x 10. Litterally win games with a few touches. 

He's still training and he'd have te whole of January to train with us to get fit

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smith's right boot
30 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I don’t want to get all Hibs but we’re still a pretty grim watch, particularly without Boyce. Slow and predictable 

 

 

I've watched all teams now and the only 2 teams that play better forbal than in constantly are Celtic and rangers. 

 

We play as well or better football than the rest. Generally by quite a bit as well. 

 

No idea how folk can say we are boring or slow in the context of Scottish football 

 

No idea at all. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I would like us to ditch the 3 up top and play Boyce and Woodburn as a front two  with McKay or Walker in behind at home and Haring/McEneff in behind for tougher away fixtures .

The width could come from Smith and Cochrane.

This would bring out the best in Woodburn imo.

Gives us Ginelly GMS and Gnando as options from the bench for formation changes if the game dictates it .

RN needs to get away from this mindset of changing like for like constantly game after game imo

He won’t play 2 up front.

Smith cannot cross a football

GMS is a ghost of a football player

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

I've watched all teams now and the only 2 teams that play better forbal than in constantly are Celtic and rangers. 

 

We play as well or better football than the rest. Generally by quite a bit as well. 

 

No idea how folk can say we are boring or slow in the context of Scottish football 

 

No idea at all. 

 

 

Because we pass the ball about like we’re winning when we’re actually drawing or, on Saturday losing.

Because when we’re playing stodgy teams, I.E nearly every week we ALWAYS give them time to regroup when we’re attacking.

Because we barely score from open play and our final ball is generally shocking 

We’re better than we were for sure but, as I said especially without Boyce we’re pretty ineffective 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I don’t want to get all Hibs but we’re still a pretty grim watch, particularly without Boyce. Slow and predictable 

The football this season has been excellent at times. So much better then the past couple of years. The challenge now is to find a cutting edge in attack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smith's right boot
7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Because we pass the ball about like we’re winning when we’re actually drawing or, on Saturday losing.

Because when we’re playing stodgy teams, I.E nearly every week we ALWAYS give them time to regroup when we’re attacking.

Because we barely score from open play and our final ball is generally shocking 

We’re better than we were for sure but, as I said especially without Boyce we’re pretty ineffective 

 

 

 

As I said in the context of Scottish football I have no idea how, this season fok can say we're boring and slow. 

 

No idea. 

We are not perfect but boring and slow - not a chance. 

Not in the context of Scottish football. 

 

 

There's another team as well who want to stop us and beat us, if you understand that then you understand why we don't dominate 100% and lose control of games 

 

 

If you think passing the ball about is boring and slow then basketball is probably a better sport to follow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambo na hÉireann

I know it can be a mess at times, but the Pie and Bovril forum occasionally has a good thread - like this one that recently popped up:

 

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/269163-could-you-build-a-squad-from-this-seasons-other-10-and-win-the-league/page/5/&tab=comments#comment-14814861

 

Really makes you think that we need to be looking outside Scotland for signing options. General consensus is that even if you took all the best players outside OF, you still couldn't win the league. Lots of nice comments regarding current Hearts team too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

Sorry forgot to hit send.

In fairness I look at McEneff and Nando as championship signings since that's the league we were in when we got them. Better players would have been reluctant to sign for us.

Don't agree with you about Moore, he's been decent. Woodburn has definitely dropped in form, I reckon he should be given a chance to play as striker over Nando.

I think you misinterpreted what I posted.

I agree with you but my comment referred to the fact that management have obviously not seen him as a first choice.

I don't entirely agree re Woodburn; he's never shown any real form for it to drop!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

As I said in the context of Scottish football I have no idea how, this season fok can say we're boring and slow. 

 

No idea. 

We are not perfect but boring and slow - not a chance. 

Not in the context of Scottish football. 

 

 

There's another team as well who want to stop us and beat us, if you understand that then you understand why we don't dominate 100% and lose control of games 

 

 

If you think passing the ball about is boring and slow then basketball is probably a better sport to follow. 

I’ve been watching football for 50 years and I think I know enough about it to decide I like following it thank you. 
It’s the way we pass the ball about that is slow and boring at times. A player will run 30 yards with the ball, no one in front of him shows for the ball and it goes sideways and backwards 30 yards. Have we retained possession? Yes. Have we created anything? No.

Have the opposition had time to get back and defend their lines? Yes.

The frustrating thing, for me is we can break forward at pace, (Ginos goal last week) we just don’t do it enough or with sufficient numbers.

The midfield is STILL not right. I like Devlin and Beni but neither is very creative and I think we need a playmaker in there to take the ball from them and get forward

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dion Charles a forward of Accrington Stanley has been looked at by both Edinburgh clubs

 

Frozen out at his club as he has refused to extend his contract....ends Summer 2022.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smith's right boot
10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I’ve been watching football for 50 years and I think I know enough about it to decide I like following it thank you. 
It’s the way we pass the ball about that is slow and boring at times. A player will run 30 yards with the ball, no one in front of him shows for the ball and it goes sideways and backwards 30 yards. Have we retained possession? Yes. Have we created anything? No.

Have the opposition had time to get back and defend their lines? Yes.

The frustrating thing, for me is we can break forward at pace, (Ginos goal last week) we just don’t do it enough or with sufficient numbers.

The midfield is STILL not right. I like Devlin and Beni but neither is very creative and I think we need a playmaker in there to take the ball from them and get forward

 

 

Unfortunately for you I don't think you'll ever be happy and find most Hearts games if not Scottish football boring.

 

We do need to improve in certain areas as you touch on but we are not boring or slow. We just aren't. If you think we are you are wrong.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We should try to shift Gnando out and bring in 2 strikers imo.

I would have a look at the young boy at partick thistle who is scoring quite regularly this season, Zak Rudden. Maybe he is one that could make the step up? There must also be a gem kicking around in the EPL under 23 league that our recruitment team could unearth? Another of Beni's quality but a striker please.

Also attacking Rwb is needed If we are to persist with 3 at the back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

I'll be honest I don't know the situation regarding recalls. 

 

I like Moore and hope we can keep him permanently. 

Cross border loans can be cancelled by either side, hopefully Woodburn can hit form soon. Moore looks like a great player and we need him in the teams imo, he would be a great long term signing. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Unfortunately for you I don't think you'll ever be happy and find most Hearts games if not Scottish football boring.

 

We do need to improve in certain areas as you touch on but we are not boring or slow. We just aren't. If you think we are you are wrong.

 

Again I’ve been watching Hearts since season 1983-84 and been a season ticket holder for many of those near 40 years and I’ve been happy more than unhappy for the majority of those seasons. Thanks for the condescending tone though. Much appreciated.

My opinion is just that. An opinion. 
I find watching us just now frustrating and boring at times because of our reluctance to shoot, our piss poor corners/crosses and lack of urgency in general. 
Your opinion, obviously differs from mine. It’s a forum full of opinions. Please stop telling me what I should and shouldn’t be watching.

Im a Hearts supporter

Im a FOH member

I have my own wee bit of Tynecastle

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

If we are serious about progressing, Gnando and Smith need replaced.

 

I will also be surprised if Beni is still here after this window. 

 

He signed a 3 year deal in the summer and you think he'll leave after only 6 months at the club?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambo na hÉireann
5 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

 

He signed a 3 year deal in the summer and you think he'll leave after only 6 months at the club?

Celtic will swoop and we'll tell them where to shove it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Dion Charles a forward of Accrington Stanley has been looked at by both Edinburgh clubs

 

Frozen out at his club as he has refused to extend his contract....ends Summer 2022.


Charles is one I mentioned last season or during close season.
 

One of the lads I work with is well connected at Accrington and has been raving about this lad since he started playing for them.

 

Last time I saw him this excited was when he was going on about a lad called Kayden Jackson who went to Ipswich for very good money and was being touted for a big money move to Birmingham. Jackson had a few injuries last year and is being frozen out at Ipswich at moment. He’s a bit of a Sow type, similar build and pace.

 

Charles knows where net is but I’d take Jackson of the 2 of them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smith's right boot
29 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Again I’ve been watching Hearts since season 1983-84 and been a season ticket holder for many of those near 40 years and I’ve been happy more than unhappy for the majority of those seasons. Thanks for the condescending tone though. Much appreciated.

My opinion is just that. An opinion. 
I find watching us just now frustrating and boring at times because of our reluctance to shoot, our piss poor corners/crosses and lack of urgency in general. 
Your opinion, obviously differs from mine. It’s a forum full of opinions. Please stop telling me what I should and shouldn’t be watching.

Im a Hearts supporter

Im a FOH member

I have my own wee bit of Tynecastle

 

 

 

The length of time you have been watching Hearts is irrelevant, in fact if anything it makes it  more surprising that you can find this team slow and boring.

What proof do you have of our reluctance to shoot?  do we hit less shots than everyone else?

Is our crossing worse than other teams- do you have any context or just ramblings?
lack of urgency in general, compared to who?

 

My opinion is backed up by most facts, we are not boring in the context of Scottish football- look at our league position and goals scored and our GD- how is that boring in anyway way when compared to the rest of the league?

 

The rest of you PHM chest thumping again just makes it even more surprising that you find this team boring and slow.

It is an opinion you have, but in my opinion it is nonsense.

 

We are not boring or slow when in the context of Scottish football. It's just not true at this time.

 

If you want to discuss areas to improve then that would make more sense but to say we are boring and slow is just plain wrong. Nothing backs that up. It is wrong.

 

Unless you ofc watch Liverpool and other UCL teams then compare it to that then yes we are boring and slow- but compared to  teams in Scotland we are not boring and slow, in fact we are about the 3rd most exciting .

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

The length of time you have been watching Hearts is irrelevant, in fact if anything it makes it  more surprising that you can find this team slow and boring.

What proof do you have of our reluctance to shoot?  do we hit less shots than everyone else?

Is our crossing worse than other teams- do you have any context or just ramblings?
lack of urgency in general, compared to who?

 

My opinion is backed up by most facts, we are not boring in the context of Scottish football- look at our league position and goals scored and our GD- how is that boring in anyway way when compared to the rest of the league?

 

The rest of you PHM chest thumping again just makes it even more surprising that you find this team boring and slow.

It is an opinion you have, but in my opinion it is nonsense.

 

We are not boring or slow when in the context of Scottish football. It's just not true at this time.

 

If you want to discuss areas to improve then that would make more sense but to say we are boring and slow is just plain wrong. Nothing backs that up. It is wrong.

 

Unless you ofc watch Liverpool and other UCL teams then compare it to that then yes we are boring and slow- but compared to  teams in Scotland we are not boring and slow, in fact we are about the 3rd most exciting .

 

 

 

 

I'd say the 'boring' argument comes from a lot of possession which isn't leading to anything. We're great right up to the final 3rd and then everything seems to fall apart (sideways & backwards passes). Not quite sure what we need to change. My best guess is that we need more supporting runs into the box from Beni & Devlin as well as more meaningful participation from our wingbacks in attack. More bodies = more options, so hopefully that might increase our chances of better decision making by our forwards. 

 

In fairness, this is the best Hearts team we've had in years, I think in terms of quality we're very close to something special. If Barrie McKay hits form properly and Woodburn finds the net then we're laughing. I still feel we need more attack minded wingbacks, but I think Robbies ideas and coaching is very much more apparent than it was last season which is hugely encouraging to see. Hopefully the January window allows us the opportunity to fine tune things as much as possible before the inevitable changes in the summer. Might give us a chance at the Scottish cup, or a good run at least. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

The length of time you have been watching Hearts is irrelevant, in fact if anything it makes it  more surprising that you can find this team slow and boring.

What proof do you have of our reluctance to shoot?  do we hit less shots than everyone else?

Is our crossing worse than other teams- do you have any context or just ramblings?
lack of urgency in general, compared to who?

 

My opinion is backed up by most facts, we are not boring in the context of Scottish football- look at our league position and goals scored and our GD- how is that boring in anyway way when compared to the rest of the league?

 

The rest of you PHM chest thumping again just makes it even more surprising that you find this team boring and slow.

It is an opinion you have, but in my opinion it is nonsense.

 

We are not boring or slow when in the context of Scottish football. It's just not true at this time.

 

If you want to discuss areas to improve then that would make more sense but to say we are boring and slow is just plain wrong. Nothing backs that up. It is wrong.

 

Unless you ofc watch Liverpool and other UCL teams then compare it to that then yes we are boring and slow- but compared to  teams in Scotland we are not boring and slow, in fact we are about the 3rd most exciting .

 

 

 

The last 2 games we’ve had 4 shots on target

1 on target on Saturday and that was a penalty 

3 shots on target at home to Dundee

 

Facts?

 

I don’t really give a **** about other teams. I don’t watch them unless they’re playing us.

 

I wouldn’t say I’m a PHM as I’m not a season ticket holder this season and I don’t go to away games but I am a Hearts supporter and I’ve seen pretty much every game online.

 

I realise you consider yourself to be something of an authority but my eyes tell me we are, at times boring and slow 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

The last 2 games we’ve had 4 shots on target

1 on target on Saturday and that was a penalty 

3 shots on target at home to Dundee

 

Facts?

 

I don’t really give a **** about other teams. I don’t watch them unless they’re playing us.

 

I wouldn’t say I’m a PHM as I’m not a season ticket holder this season and I don’t go to away games but I am a Hearts supporter and I’ve seen pretty much every game online.

 

I realise you consider yourself to be something of an authority but my eyes tell me we are, at times boring and slow 

4 shots on target in 2 games is grim reading

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, OTT said:

 

I'd say the 'boring' argument comes from a lot of possession which isn't leading to anything. We're great right up to the final 3rd and then everything seems to fall apart (sideways & backwards passes). Not quite sure what we need to change. My best guess is that we need more supporting runs into the box from Beni & Devlin as well as more meaningful participation from our wingbacks in attack. More bodies = more options, so hopefully that might increase our chances of better decision making by our forwards. 

 

In fairness, this is the best Hearts team we've had in years, I think in terms of quality we're very close to something special. If Barrie McKay hits form properly and Woodburn finds the net then we're laughing. I still feel we need more attack minded wingbacks, but I think Robbies ideas and coaching is very much more apparent than it was last season which is hugely encouraging to see. Hopefully the January window allows us the opportunity to fine tune things as much as possible before the inevitable changes in the summer. Might give us a chance at the Scottish cup, or a good run at least. 

Good post 👍 I think your right here. Passing sideways and backwards was  a big gripe amongst fans last season but we seemed to come away from it (or, at least, it didn’t seem so prominent) when we changed to a back 3, later on in the season. 
However, it seems to be irritating me more and more, again… a poster on here even commented that an opposing player (commentating) pointed out that a quick break from us wouldn’t happen as we would start passing across the back letting the opposing team get men back behind the ball. 
That aside, I wouldn’t say we were boring as such, but I do wish we could be more on the ‘front foot’ and look for the forward pass more often. I think that would go a long way to beating the ‘lesser’ teams… maybe taking a few more ‘risks’ against these teams. 

Edited by Rogue Daddy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

We need to keep the same squad and build it up over a few years. As long as we keep making progress.

This is the aim, however like the majority of clubs like us, as soon as a good one comes along they’re gone. In saying that we need to make sure we get compensated accordingly and we invest in the next one who will move on. This is the challenge 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Smith extends deal / Roberts signs for Motherwell ( updated )
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...