** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

35 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

That's not him scoring but it looks like him forcing the save.

That boy celebrating before the ball is over the line :lol:

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

I reckon we will sign at least 2 more players this window, possibly 3.

Robbie basically said the same thing in the podcast. Anyone who leaves live be replaced, e.g. Gnando, Walker and Souttar. We need a strong squad for the run in. We know the prize at the end of this season is worth spending some money for. 

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No idea how good this guy is or would be, but might be a bit of a kick in the teeth if we have to pay a fee for him now when we could’ve gotten him for free in the summer

I cannae see us paying a lot of money for a boy that is playing 3 or 4 levels below us tbh. 

Edited by Cruyff

6 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Not a chance

Tbf. Neilson said he’d bring in one extra player and replace any who leave. So Atkinson the extra one. Don’t count Roberts (because he wasn’t in squad). Walker away, Gnando and Souttar maybe. Celtic game less than a week before the window closes. Could be a few new ones in. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Tbf. Neilson said he’d bring in one extra player and replace any who leave. So Atkinson the extra one. Don’t count Roberts (because he wasn’t in squad). Walker away, Gnando and Souttar maybe. Celtic game less than a week before the window closes. Could be a few new ones in. 

Was taking it to mean 4 new ones over and above Atkinson so probably my bad.  Even 3 more seems far fetched though

2 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Was taking it to mean 4 new ones over and above Atkinson so probably my bad.  Even 3 more seems far fetched though

Aye. I took it to mean 4 on top of Atkinson. Just meant he might not be that far off with 4 is all. 

4 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

I was more seeking a response on the happy part than making any ITK type comment.

Two more in this window would be good enough

12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I cannae see us paying a lot of money for a boy that is playing 3 or 4 levels below us tbh. 

You wouldn’t think so. But seems there may be something to it since it’s the second window his name has come up. And aren’t the Sun usually pretty spot on with stories about us?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Crazy cash in England. Wonder if we could shunt Gnando down there as part payment 😀

Where are we going to find £940k 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔😜?

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

We aren’t paying that sort of cash. Was joking about offering Gnando as a sweetener. Either the papers valuation is nonsense or there’s no chance of a deal. The Bosnian Bullet remaining our highest ever signing for another wee while 😀

will-i-am-a-jambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The raided Bosnian pension tin 🙊

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Not ITK but I think we won't sign a striker this month but think Savage will pull a rabbit out of the hat with a loan deal 

We've been after a striker since the Summer and since then Walker. Roberts & ( hopefully) Gnando have gone from our forward options.

I think we need at least 2 replacements to cover.

8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

We've been after a striker since the Summer and since then Walker. Roberts & ( hopefully) Gnando have gone from our forward options.

I think we need at least 2 replacements to cover.

One decent one would do for me.

PhoenixHearts

Kabongo lad from the same place as Beni. Both from Kinshasa, DR Congo.

Could get him to put in a good word...

No chance we're paying all that though.

Playing non league but he does seem to be doing very well there so maybe he has interest from a few clubs higher up the pyramid. That's maybe whats inflating rhe price tag.

53 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You wouldn’t think so. But seems there may be something to it since it’s the second window his name has come up. And aren’t the Sun usually pretty spot on with stories about us?

Time will tell. His youtube highlights look shithot though. 

:wonga:

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Time will tell. His youtube highlights look shithot though. 

:wonga:

Yes. I’m not one for getting overly excited, so I’ll be cautiously optimistic and say I think he’s the new Lewandowski…

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere. Rumours of interest in Davit Volkovi from Zira, Azerbaijan.

26 y/o striker. 

17 goals in 40 appearances 2020

1 in 2 appearances 2021 

according to Wiki. 

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes. I’m not one for getting overly excited, so I’ll be cautiously optimistic and say I think he’s the new Lewandowski…

:pleasingao: 

Can he score against Auchinleck on a cold January afternoon in Ayrshire though? 

:kirklol:

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

:pleasingao: 

Can he score against Auchinleck on a cold January afternoon in Ayrshire though? 

:kirklol:

I’d be happier if he could score against Brora Rangers to be honest… 👀 

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, c41rns said:

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere. Rumours of interest in Davit Volkovi from Zira, Azerbaijan.

26 y/o striker. 

1 in 2 appearances 2021 

according to Wiki. 

Where did you see these rumours?

Actually a quick search on twitter and I found this post from today

Edited by jamboinglasgow

13 minutes ago, c41rns said:

26 y/o striker. 

1 in 2 appearances 2021 

according to Wiki. 

Bugger it. The obligatory YouTube video… 

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Ha! That’s that then 😂👍🏼

15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’d be happier if he could score against Brora Rangers to be honest… 👀 

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Bugger it. The obligatory YouTube video… 

Talbot will have no chance with these boys. 

:glorious:

940k for a boy that plays in the conference leagues! Absolutely no chance! Even 94k would be too steep, unless he turns out to be the next vardy, but his record at a higher level is poor going by the stats. A bit underwhelming imo opefully we are aiming for a better standard than that.

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

940k for a boy that plays in the conference leagues! Absolutely no chance! Even 94k would be too steep, unless he turns out to be the next vardy, but his record at a higher level is poor going by the stats. A bit underwhelming imo opefully we are aiming for a better standard than that.

Jamie Vardy was signed from non league for £1m

5 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Kabongo Tshimanga linked to us in papers now. Chesterfield striker rumours they want £950k for him though

Checked his stats. In his entire career he seems to have played 6 games above National League level. He hasn’t scored above National League level, although he’s been banging them in in that league for 4 straight years.

He is several levels below us. He looks chunky and unfit. No danger are we paying £1million for him. I’d be astonished if he’s on our radar for any kind of 6 figures fee

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

How would someone from Azerbaijan know with absolute certainty, who Hearts are or aren't interested in.

Unless of course they'd created the rumour.

Meaning his statement is almost certainly right, the little scamp.

8 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Not sure why anyone is overly keen on signing Cochrane or Moore when they can't get regular game time at the moment, surely we are after improvement.

Nonsense statement, Ngolo Kante would be an “improvement” on Beni but we won’t sign him! Both Moore and Cochrane would ‘improve’ our squad!!!!!

We’re due some luck with a player signed from the lower leagues in England to be fair, so I fully expect this boy to sign and score 20 by the end of the season

9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Becuase the are very good.  We will struggle to find better in our price range… in fact - these 2 may be well outside our price range 

Why are they not regularly starting games for us then ?

Azerbaijan? I have to say, the fact we're looking in places as obscure as that just shows the vast, vast improvement on our scouting network. Gone are the days of 'just sign them from the lower leagues'.

Even if it doesn't come through it shows we're looking far and wide for exactly what we need and it's very reassuring. Savage is incredible.

9 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

£250k plus Souttar on loan to Chesterfield til the summer. Win, win!

9 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

Perfectly legal and very wise. 

Only legal if Souttar agrees, he currently has a contract to play for Hearts until the end of the season. This will only change if both JS and Hearts are happy to amend this agreement.

5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Azerbaijan? I have to say, the fact we're looking in places as obscure as that just shows the vast, vast improvement on our scouting network. Gone are the days of 'just sign them from the lower leagues'.

Even if it doesn't come through it shows we're looking far and wide for exactly what we need and it's very reassuring. Savage is incredible.

I'll put my hand up and admit I'm not ip to date with the Azerbaijan league,how good is it?

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

Nonsense statement, Ngolo Kante would be an “improvement” on Beni but we won’t sign him! Both Moore and Cochrane would ‘improve’ our squad!!!!!

At the moment they can't get a game, I wouldn't be rushing out to sign players who aren't currently good enough to start. How are we ever going to improve keeping the same players even those who can't get a game.

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

At the moment they can't get a game, I wouldn't be rushing out to sign players who aren't currently good enough to start. How are we ever going to improve keeping the same players even those who can't get a game.

Cochrane is 21 and had played 8 senior games before he came to us. We improve by buying young talent with potential to get better. 

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Cochrane is 21 and had played 8 senior games before he came to us. We improve by buying young talent with potential to get better. 

I get the concept but we have played him and he got worse and is now struggling to start before Halliday. He has some was to go to deserve an offer from us IMO.

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Cochrane is 21. Has huge potential at our level. Bundles of energy and has some fantastic role models to learn from in our squad. 

Moore is 24. Has shown himself to be a tidy footballer. Is tall, mobile and a decent defender. 

Both lads appear to have ideal temperaments and look like they enjoy playing for Hearts. 

Cochrane would have played more if Kingsley wasn’t hitting the best form of his life. 

Moore was kept out by Souttar. Up until he did the dirty, prioritising him for minutes made sense over a player who was not our asset.  I could see that changing now. 

i would expect us to jump at signing either. All the above make them known quantities. Seeing them everyday in training is wildly different from scout reports - even if the scouting department has improved massively. 

Just now, jambopilms said:

I get the concept but we have played him and he got worse and is now struggling to start before Halliday. He has some was to go to deserve an offer from us IMO.

For his first season, I think he’s done really well. Not many 21 year olds with no experience would come in at our level and play every single game and show consistent form while doing so. If he was someone who had came through our academy I think most fans would be delighted with his progress.

I think he has good potential and would love him to sign a permanent deal. He will improve imo.

Not seen enough of Moore at CB to make a judgement. He’s certainly no RWB although he’s been adequate in that position. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

For his first season, I think he’s done really well. Not many 21 year olds with no experience would come in at our level and play every single game and show consistent form while doing so. If he was someone who had came through our academy I think most fans would be delighted with his progress.

I think he has good potential and would love him to sign a permanent deal. He will improve imo.

Not seen enough of Moore at CB to make a judgement. He’s certainly no RWB although he’s been adequate in that position. 

Correct and chipped in with goals too

13 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Some posters with a very low post count suddenly appearing on this thread.  Hmmm

Interlopers are rife on this thread. I think most have them have moved to the Souttar threads but there's a few lingering about. Best thing seems to be calling them out on it.

7 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Was hoping for a striker in time for Saints game tbh.

Will have to make do with one of the best strikers in the league for now

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal