Jump to content

** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Smith extends deal / Roberts signs for Motherwell ( updated )


Sertse
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Pasquale for King

    259

  • Smith's right boot

    277

  • BackOfTheNet

    239

  • GinRummy

    363

5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Would like to see us continue to source players from the J league, K league and A league, there is real quality to be had there.

Epl under 23 market is a good one too, I feel like we have been poor recruiting in Europe though surely there is a beast of an Italian Centre Half in serie b or something that could replace the Rat and become and instant legend.

 

 

Bruno mk2? I'm hard at the thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LarrysRightFoot
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:


They aren’t sinking. 
 

No matter how much we cross our fingers and hope, it’s not going to happen. 

They need a few more big sales, they’ve admitted it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

I'd like to look at their financials.

 


If they continue to get champions league cash and transfer money like they just got and replace with quality like Souttar then they will unfortunely be fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I have the feeling we'll have a striker in soon

Agree Ive got this sneaky suspicion that we will see the Japanese lad Ogashiwa signed by the end of the window, it does seem like he was our top target, it's just a hunch tbf but something just says to me that it's not dead and buried.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Under the floodlight
12 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:


If they continue to get champions league cash and transfer money like they just got and replace with quality like Souttar then they will unfortunely be fine. 

IF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Makes sense until you realise you can't force players to sign a contract. 

 

Folk are being niave if they think a contract was never discussed earlier and Souttar wanted to wait and see his options. 

 

Hearts can't force players to extend, a point folk miss on here and no offer we have will have matched Rangers or a glut of offers from down south. 

And that well known trading principle also applies

You can't sell unless you have a buyer.

Maybe we should have an annual end of season auction to sell players who won't sign new contracts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Seeing people suggest Jermaine Defoe did he not break Craig Gordons arm deliberately when he was at Sunderland?

 

How did he reach so high?

 

Gordon and Defoe got on well I heard, they often talked about crosses and how to deal with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Under the floodlight said:

IF.


Yes, If. Dangerous game they are playing but it seems to be working for them ATM. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smith's right boot
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And that well known trading principle also applies

You can't sell unless you have a buyer.

Maybe we should have an annual end of season auction to sell players who won't sign new contracts.

 

Good point.

 

You need a buyer and a player who has signed a contract.

We had neither at the same time.

Nothing we can do about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

lost in space

We cant afford to fail again - like we did in the summer - in signing a striker who can score and set up goals.

We have a very good defence and defensive midfield but apart from Boyce, we are poor up front.

We have scored goals but with Walker and Souttar leaving, it is imperative that we get 2 players in who can score.

Other teams MAY get stronger in the winter break - we really NEED to improve on signing forwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Spill the beans 

There's never usually any announcements at the weekend, thing is if we're dealing with Japan the time difference might change things a bit. I'm not ITK, I just took the piss last window saying I was because so many posters were posting absolute shite claiming ITK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, lost in space said:

We cant afford to fail again - like we did in the summer - in signing a striker who can score and set up goals.

We have a very good defence and defensive midfield but apart from Boyce, we are poor up front.

We have scored goals but with Walker and Souttar leaving, it is imperative that we get 2 players in who can score.

Other teams MAY get stronger in the winter break - we really NEED to improve on signing forwards.

Hibs for sure have not improved. Panic buying at best. Would you prefer we work to get our main targets in, or just sign another Nando?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, cosanostra said:

 

Salvageable or terminally ruined?

I'd say salvageable currently - but only if he wants to. He's still only 22. Needs to move to a Premiership team next season, buck up his ideas as my old man would say, and absolutely knock his pan in to get back to that level otherwise he's done. His move to Rangers went to his head and he's been a bit of a Billy big baws, throwing money about on nights out, partying in Ibiza etc, which young players shouldn't be doing. Good mates with Rico Quitongo actually, who has done the same thing. He was at us a few years ago and is now playing non league I think! But aye they seem more interested in spending their summers in Ocean Beach club than on the training pitch... 

 

Edited by Batistuta87
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

The reason that Jake Hastie’s career has stalled is Jake Hastie himself. Terrible attitude, doesn’t look after himself off the pitch and is more interested in going out with his mates. Absolute waste of a great talent.

His girlfriend is mates with my daughter. Your post is accurate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’m not out to pick an argument bud but I can’t stand the “what’s best for his family” stuff that gets attributed to footballers year after year as if they are stuck for money or about to go destitute.

 

All this, “it’s a short career” blah blah blah like they’d never find a job again.

 

Once upon a time there wasn’t the swathes of money in the game. Fans didn’t have to “understand” it was a short career and they were out to make big bucks in a short space of time.  I’m not giving it the working class hero stuff, but people splash out their hard earned to watch their team which players can make in no time.  
 

There’s nothing wrong with expecting some respect back from players who’ve been well looked after. Unfortunately, the fickle side of football is disowning players you once liked. To me, it’s part of what gives the game its edge. 

 

 

 

 

I'm talking about staying in Scotland buddy, re his family, not uprooting them to deepest darkest Yorkshire or similar, with the bonus of doubling/trebling + his wages...I truly find it baffling why anyone that has a reasonable mindset, functions in the real world day to day, would find issue with a professional footballer, who ISNT a Hearts fan, wasn't brought up in Edinburgh, has no links to Hearts other than being a paid employee of last 5-6 years, wishes to ply his trade elsewhere, on any level 🤔😕😬

 

I would have have felt differently 20 years ago, as a wet behind the ears 20 year old Hearts fanboy, who see's the world in black and white  which life rarely is....

 

I would also add I have never been his biggest fan also...as and out and out defender he is nowhere near the quality we have had over last 35 years I have watched us...better granted than 3/4 years ago, but his body is lightweight and he will continue to pick up both niggling and long term injuries IMHO...

 

Onwards and upwards me thinks for us in that position 👌

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Soapy Sewer can scuttle off to scumbrox as soon as he wants as far as I'm concerned. 

 

Be absolutely fantastic if we have a better player lined up to parade whilst the currents are creaming themselves over taking him from us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jambo-in-furness
8 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Soapy Sewer can scuttle off to scumbrox as soon as he wants as far as I'm concerned. 

 

Be absolutely fantastic if we have a better player lined up to parade whilst the currants are creaming themselves over taking him from us. 

FTFY. Currants 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PhoenixHearts
20 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I'm talking about staying in Scotland buddy, re his family, not uprooting them to deepest darkest Yorkshire or similar, with the bonus of doubling/trebling + his wages...I truly find it baffling why anyone that has a reasonable mindset, functions in the real world day to day, would find issue with a professional footballer, who ISNT a Hearts fan, wasn't brought up in Edinburgh, has no links to Hearts other than being a paid employee of last 5-6 years, wishes to ply his trade elsewhere, on any level 🤔😕😬

 

I would have have felt differently 20 years ago, as a wet behind the ears 20 year old Hearts fanboy, who see's the world in black and white  which life rarely is....

 

I would also add I have never been his biggest fan also...as and out and out defender he is nowhere near the quality we have had over last 35 years I have watched us...better granted than 3/4 years ago, but his body is lightweight and he will continue to pick up both niggling and long term injuries IMHO...

 

Onwards and upwards me thinks for us in that position 👌

 

It has absolutely nothing to do with if he is a Hearts supporter or not. Nobody is pissed off because he wishes to ply his trade elsewhere or look after his family. It's entirely down to the manner of which he has conducted his business and left the club at a disadvantage!

 

We won't get a penny from a player we bought as a teenager and developed into a fully capped senior national team player.

 

Does that sit well with you?

 

Why do the people defending him keep missing out the part where he's leaving the club for NOTHING?

That's kind of the whole sticking point we're raging about! 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Under the floodlight said:

I'd like to look at their financials.

 


Are you qualified?

 

Anyway, their financials will show they sold some kid for £millions, for starters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

They need a few more big sales, they’ve admitted it. 


Well they’ve sold one kid for millions, probably got a decent wedge for Gerrard and still have a couple of other assets who they can flog. 
 

Plus Champions League cash coming as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

 

It has absolutely nothing to do with if he is a Hearts supporter or not. Nobody is pissed off because he wishes to ply his trade elsewhere or look after his family. It's entirely down to the manner of which he has conducted his business and left the club at a disadvantage!

 

We won't get a penny from a player we bought as a teenager and developed into a fully capped senior national team player.

 

Does that sit well with you?

 

Why do the people defending him keep missing out the part where he's leaving the club for NOTHING?

That's kind of the whole sticking point we're raging about! 

 

 

 

So when we plunder other players in similar circumstances from clubs, which we have done over the years, who those clubs have 'developed' that player, if I have this right, you are enraged with anger at how we have taken advantage of the circumstances to better ourselves, yeah🤔???

 

I don't think so....

 

It's life, its football....its only a narrative you are pushing and others that he has screwed us over....no he hasn't, bizarre and limited attitude to take IMHO...he wants to work somewhere else, on more money, that he feels is better for him....its a job!!!!!!

 

Folk are really immature, these threads show them to be lacking capacity to be honest...

 

🙄🤪

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

How many’s left in January?

 

 

Hopefully means 3 or 4 coming in now.

Forward in for Walker

Striker in for Gnando 

Centerhalf in for Souttar 

Atkinson in at RWB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glamorgan Jambo

Disappointed on many levels with the Souttar move. Disappointed for us and disappointed for him (if he thinks he'll get a move to the EPL playing for Sevco he's in for a surprise)

 

As for the Jermain Defoe chat I'd rather bring Kyle Lafferty back. And I don't really want Lafferty back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tenor said:

Care to make an incisive response instead?

 

You need to grow up.


You’re picking on the wrong dude here Pavarotti. If you see my posts on this forum I actually am one usually calling for more logic and nuance when it comes to analysis of our players and team. Often going against the grain.

 

But at the end of the day I’m a football fan. And with that means we can’t always be pragmatic. Can I see it from Souttar’s point of view, as in how you outlined it? Of course. But I’m not a John Souttar fan, I’m a Heart of Midlothian fan and as previously importantly stated, I’m a football fan. Souttar moving to Rangers, for absolutely nothing, after all the development and support we have given the player is only going to increase the disparity in Scottish football. It only highlights that the league is not a competition because our best players can just have money thrown at them to move away. Rangers are likely getting him to weaken us more than to strengthen themselves, as that’s what Rangers and Celtic do, they keep everyone else down to benefit themselves. And they have the financial resources to do it.

 

So no, this isn’t just about John Souttar, this is about the wider picture. Other leagues, like down south, prevent clubs from discussing pre-contracts if in the same country - as that can provide unfair advantage to one team over the other during the course of a league season. We don’t, and look where we are. Which teams benefit most from this system I ask you? Now, is that John Souttar’s fault? No. But is he aware of all of the above and chooses to move knowing all of this anyway? Then he’s part of the problem. I’m not going to accept “it is what it is” just like I don’t from people who benefit from big dodgy corporation jobs who sell their soul for money. £4-£5k a week is not exactly a poor man’s salary. At some point it just becomes about greed, rather than reward for talent.

 

Souttar doesn’t owe us loyalty, he’s looked after himself as your post suggests. Well, we don’t owe him anything either, so **** him and let’s not ever see him in a Hearts shirt ever again.

 

Incisive enough for you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the rules for foreign players changing and more Australian and Asian players on the radar, they don't seem to be as rigid and based on international appearances.

 

Could we look to South America also? I imagine there's loads of quality players that wont make the international cut but still improve us greatly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:


You’re picking on the wrong dude here Pavarotti. If you see my posts on this forum I actually am one usually calling for more logic and nuance when it comes to analysis of our players and team. Often going against the grain.

 

But at the end of the day I’m a football fan. And with that means we can’t always be pragmatic. Can I see it from Souttar’s point of view, as in how you outlined it? Of course. But I’m not a John Souttar fan, I’m a Heart of Midlothian fan and as previously importantly stated, I’m a football fan. Souttar moving to Rangers, for absolutely nothing, after all the development and support we have given the player is only going to increase the disparity in Scottish football. It only highlights that the league is not a competition because our best players can just have money thrown at them to move away. Rangers are likely getting him to weaken us more than to strengthen themselves, as that’s what Rangers and Celtic do, they keep everyone else down to benefit themselves. And they have the financial resources to do it.

 

So no, this isn’t just about John Souttar, this is about the wider picture. Other leagues, like down south, prevent clubs from discussing pre-contracts if in the same country - as that can provide unfair advantage to one team over the other during the course of a league season. We don’t, and look where we are. Which teams benefit most from this system I ask you? Now, is that John Souttar’s fault? No. But is he aware of all of the above and chooses to move knowing all of this anyway? Then he’s part of the problem. I’m not going to accept “it is what it is” just like I don’t from people who benefit from big dodgy corporation jobs who sell their soul for money. £4-£5k a week is not exactly a poor man’s salary. At some point it just becomes about greed, rather than reward for talent.

 

Souttar doesn’t owe us loyalty, he’s looked after himself as your post suggests. Well, we don’t owe him anything either, so **** him and let’s not ever see him in a Hearts shirt ever again.

 

Incisive enough for you?

Well said. As has been stated on another thread... he could have kept his head down and signed for them in the summer when his contract finished... may even have got a better offer. Instead he's done this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

 

 

Bruno mk2? I'm hard at the thought.

I have serious concerns about grown men on the internet announcing that they have an erection

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As for the Jermaine Defoe chat, he’s 39 FFS. Let it go. He’s more interested in his brand and if you saw him on Sky Sports News last night he has a deep love in with Rangers and would likely see playing for any other Scottish club as an insult to those fans. So it’s not going to happen, and since we don’t look to sign players over the age of 26, he’s outside our policy by 13 years, so give up that ghost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I have serious concerns about grown men on the internet announcing that they have an erection

Works for Pele. 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

With the rules for foreign players changing and more Australian and Asian players on the radar, they don't seem to be as rigid and based on international appearances.

 

Could we look to South America also? I imagine there's loads of quality players that wont make the international cut but still improve us greatly.

I think the reason we are looking at Australia/Asia is that their seasons have not long finished so teams may be more willing to sell players unlike a normal Jan window. South America is very mixed as some of them run alongside the European seasons but some of them are calendar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really hope we aren't waiting til the end of the window before bringing someone in. I get it's not easy, but we have 4 games that could define our season before the deadline, it would be good to get a body or two in as soon as possible seeing as Walker is away, Souttar is unusable and Gnando isn't in the plans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One.Night.In.Basel

So many people angry because Soutter left for nothing and never signed a new contract so we could get some money for him.  Clubs weren't exactly knocking the door down trying to sign him for free, why do you think clubs would've paid any decent money for him? He's potentially an injury away from retirement, no one is taking that risk. If he signed a year longer deal we would probably be in the exact same situation a year from now. I suspect the anger is coming from who he has signed for and not the fact he's going for nothing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Under the floodlight
50 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:


Are you qualified?

 

Anyway, their financials will show they sold some kid for £millions, for starters. 

At looking at stuff no, but didn't realise that was a thing, I have been in management however and may have some semblance of what's written down.

 

Creative accounting an Ibrox requirement perhaps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I have serious concerns about grown men on the internet announcing that they have an erection

 

 

How do you know I'm a grown man?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Jackie McNamara 


If it’s true we didn’t have any notification from them then that’s a staggering level of disrespect. 
 

Hopefully we never do business with the prick again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Jackie McNamara 


Didn’t he get hounded out of Dundee United due to having dodgy contract clauses with youth players? Why do I get the impression Souttar may have gotten offered more to go elsewhere but McNamara got offered more for this deal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OTT said:


If it’s true we didn’t have any notification from them then that’s a staggering level of disrespect. 
 

Hopefully we never do business with the prick again.

That’s the nature of PCA’s The club and the agent don’t have to communicate with us. They don’t need permission.

 

Courtesy. That’s a whole different thing and to be fair, we don’t know what courtesy was extended to the club and by whom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, One.Night.In.Basel said:

So many people angry because Soutter left for nothing and never signed a new contract so we could get some money for him.  Clubs weren't exactly knocking the door down trying to sign him for free, why do you think clubs would've paid any decent money for him? He's potentially an injury away from retirement, no one is taking that risk. If he signed a year longer deal we would probably be in the exact same situation a year from now. I suspect the anger is coming from who he has signed for and not the fact he's going for nothing. 

It's more the position he has chosen to put the club in. Rangers want him now, so in order to get a cut down fee he's signed a pre contract knowing he now probably can't play for Hearts again. So do Hearts pay him to sit and do nothing or take whatever shite offer comes from his snake like behaviour he's thought up with his agent/ Rangers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:


Didn’t he get hounded out of Dundee United due to having dodgy contract clauses with youth players? Why do I get the impression Souttar may have gotten offered more to go elsewhere but McNamara got offered more for this deal?

McNamara was getting a cut out of all outgoing transfers from Dundee Utd. He was signed to sell assets. It was in his contract and he was very good at it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

That’s the nature of PCA’s The club and the agent don’t have to communicate with us. They don’t need permission.

 

Courtesy. That’s a whole different thing and to be fair, we don’t know what courtesy was extended to the club and by whom.


It’s courtesy I’m talking about. We’d paid the rats wage for 6 years, he couldn’t keep the club in the loop? 
 

If that’s how McNamara wants to conduct business then he can do so without earning another red cent from Heart of Midlothian. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

McNamara was getting a cut out of all outgoing transfers from Dundee Utd. He was signed to sell assets. It was in his contract and he was very good at it


Oh I know it was part of his contract, but don’t their fans largely blame him for the eventual relegation as he sold off all the assets for his cash rather than the benefit of the team?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...