** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Am i the only one, that thinks Souttar is a good player, he can be replaced, I'm more annoyed we might not get money for him, but we still might. 

We should sign you. 

You're a good dribbler. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

They don't need to be that's football buddy, I've been screaming for months get him signed up etc, you could see this happening, we can't do anything about it but accept it, and move on, Heart of midlothian football club will replace John Souttar, keep the head up. 

You can't make a rat sign a contract. He'll have known for months he's being going to Ibrox. 

On positive side, club here before that ***** signed and we'll be here a long time after the ***** has left.

Let me spell it out, would we have rather kept Souttar yes, but Rangers are taking a huge risk it might pay off it might not. 

We need to get over it and get behind Savage and Robbie and the team now, he's still a Hearts player unless Rangers stump up, he's always remained professional the last thing we need is to start turmoil and bad feeling around the club. 

We are on course for Europa league football. 

Kingsley, Gordon, Halkett, Smith all signed up with Haring to come, 

Get a grip eh. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

In my opinion Neilson has every intention of playing him right through to the end of the season. Souttar will get slaughtered for this. Its utterly divisive. Neilson must surely know that folk are not going to sit quietly watching Souttar continue to play for us. He can’t be that naïve surely. Feckin mess. Just take the money and get him to feck.

Take what money? If Sevco offer us £10k, do we just roll on to stomach and lube up while they shaft us.

By signing pre-contract, Souttar has ensured we have been shafted.

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Let me spell it out, would we have rather kept Souttar yes, but Rangers are taking a huge risk it might pay off it might not. 

We need to get over it and get behind Savage and Robbie and the team now, he's still a Hearts player unless Rangers stump up, he's always remained professional the last thing we need is to start turmoil and bad feeling around the club. 

Get a grip eh. 

Well said Bongo.  There's the rest of the squad who deserve our support and it's not fair on them if we take out our anger at one player.  We will survive!

All roads lead to Gorgie

No way should Souttar ever pull on a maroon shirt again. We need to find a replacement right away. Yes he has played a few good games but he has looked bang average in a number of games and we have often played better in games he missed and won them easily too.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Well said Bongo.  There's the rest of the squad who deserve our support and it's not fair on them if we take out our anger at one player.  We will survive!

Of course we will get behind team. Will be nothing more unifying than watching them run out with committed players and that snake nowhere in sight.

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Of course we would never sign a player on a pre contract from an opponent. 

Sign a player in his place, less of the hysterical shit and move on.

More oxygen given to it the worse. 

Don't give him or them the satisfaction 

Have we ever hoovered up a 4/5 million pound player for free ? 

We are entitled to be hacked off. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

He only played four games for us last season. At the end of last season there was no way of knowing whether he was over the injury. Guys on here would have been up in arms if we had given him a three year deal and his Achilles went again in August. It was a gamble from both sides, us not offering him a contract last summer, his in not signing a new contract when offered one in October. 

As others have said, we've been quite happy to throw long term deals at the likes of Malaury Martin, Oshinawa, Damour etc. etc. all complete and utter wastes of money.

Sure, it was a risk, every contract extension is a risk. They could fall down the stairs and never walk again and we'd need to honour the contract, they could injure their  knee playing squash and never properly recover (negri?). He came back and played 5 games and looked rock solid, like he'd never been away and he'd bulked up considerably. I think we'd have been perfectly justified offering an extension there and then. 

If you disagree then fair enough, but I think with <12 months on his current deal it would have been entirely correct to offer an extension there and then. If we chose not to, then we've got egg on our face and I really hope the club learns from this. 

Personally, i'd rather have seen us gamble on his fitness than gamble on countless mediocre journeymen. 

Gimme an H...
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Get a grip eh. 

He shouldn’t play for us again. Conflict of interest. Professional or not it’s there.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

You can't make a rat sign a contract. He'll have known for months he's being going to Ibrox. 

On positive side, club here before that ***** signed and we'll be here a long time after the ***** has left.

I believe he should of been offered new and longer deal as soon as we were demoted to championship, but understand why Hearts didn't tbh, at the same time we knew if he got back to old form, there was potential we can make money on him. 

CONCLUSION No player is bigger than Heart of midlothian football club!!! 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Take what money? If Sevco offer us £10k, do we just roll on to stomach and lube up while they shaft us.

By signing pre-contract, Souttar has ensured we have been shafted.

Souttar has shafted us, not Rangers. I wouldn’t think they desperately need him this season anyway, so they might be just as happy leaving him where he is. I can’t see them paying any more than a token gesture and leaving it to the last day to offer it.

We either take what we’re offered or we pay him £3k a week to do his garden for 5 months. neither is palatable In afraid

Clark Griswold

I believe he should of been offered new and longer deal as soon as we were demoted to championship, but understand why Hearts didn't tbh, at the same time we knew if he got back to old form, there was potential we can make money on him. 

CONCLUSION No player is bigger than Heart of midlothian football club!!! 

How do you know he wasn’t offered one then?

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

As others have said, we've been quite happy to throw long term deals at the likes of Malaury Martin, Oshinawa, Damour etc. etc. all complete and utter wastes of money.

Sure, it was a risk, every contract extension is a risk. They could fall down the stairs and never walk again and we'd need to honour the contract, they could injure their  knee playing squash and never properly recover (negri?). He came back and played 5 games and looked rock solid, like he'd never been away and he'd bulked up considerably. I think we'd have been perfectly justified offering an extension there and then. 

If you disagree then fair enough, but I think with <12 months on his current deal it would have been entirely correct to offer an extension there and then. If we chose not to, then we've got egg on our face and I really hope the club learns from this. 

Personally, i'd rather have seen us gamble on his fitness than gamble on countless mediocre journeymen. 

You can’t now look back and say we should’ve offered him a deal last season. Of course we should have with hindsight but nobody that I know of would have put a player on top wages four games in after his second bad injury. 

That leaves this season and he’s been offered deals. Not sure the clubs carries the can here. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

We need to give the rest of the team extra support and just blank Souttar by not applauding his name when read out or giving him the silent treatment if he comes on as a sub or is taken off. It will be difficult though, for me included, not to vent my feelings on how he has treated the club.

14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

In my opinion Neilson has every intention of playing him right through to the end of the season. Souttar will get slaughtered for this. Its utterly divisive. Neilson must surely know that folk are not going to sit quietly watching Souttar continue to play for us. He can’t be that naïve surely. Feckin mess. Just take the money and get him to feck.

What if the offer is 100k ?

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I don’t think he would have signed a new contract last summer even if offered one.  We were not going to offer him a multi year deal last summer so it would likely have been a one year extension at most.   His agent will have been working on deals for this summer for a long time. 
Think we are kidding ourselves on about how good he actually is.  Has made many mistakes this season and we have been fortunate to avoid losing goals from them. Sold the Aribo goal against Rangers and very nearly sold a goal at Dens. If he was as good as we think do you not think a club, any club, would have come in and offered say £750k for him during September/October when he was at his best this season?  We wou,d have accepted that offer. Not aware that any club, English or Scottish, has been interested in paying any fee for him.  Says it all to me. 

Just now, Gimme an H... said:

He shouldn’t play for us again. Conflict of interest. Professional or not it’s there.

Sorry but he's got to keep up his form to remain in Scotland squad, and Rangers are after a better defender than him on a pre contract, he better be playing out his skin, because there's no guarantee he will even be a first team starter, how's lundstram, katic getting on?

Edited by Bongo 1874

Clark Griswold
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

We need to give the rest of the team extra support and just blank Souttar by not applauding his name when read out or giving him the silent treatment if he comes on as a sub or is taken off. It will be difficult though, for me included, not to vent my feelings on how he has treated the club.

I was going to say, do you know how football fans work? Of course he will be boo’d resoundingly 

Sorry but he's got to keep up his form to remain in Scotland squad, and Rangers are after a better defender than him on a pre contract, he better be playing out his skin, because there's no guarantee he will even be a first team starter, how's lundstrum, katic getting on?

His form won’t matter if he isn’t playing first team football. 

16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

They don't need to be that's football buddy, I've been screaming for months get him signed up etc, you could see this happening, we can't do anything about it but accept it, and move on, Heart of midlothian football club will replace John Souttar, keep the head up. 

We obviously have been trying.

You always come on here preaching like you know something everyone doesn’t. If the player doesn’t want to sign then it doesn’t matter. His agent will have been in his ear after touting him down south and up here.

I don’t bother replying to you as I’m giving you what you’re looking for. The irony of my post is if everyone ignored you this place would be a much better forum.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That would mean £200k to spend on a replacement. Should be enough. 

Taking 100k off Rangers would send out the wrong message , I'm pretty confident the powers that be at the club will see it this  way too

Edited by ramrod

Just now, ramrod said:

Taking 100k of Rangers would send out the wrong message , I'm pretty confident the powers that be at the club will see itvthis way too

So, if that’s their best offer what should we do? 

Just now, ramrod said:

Taking 100k of Rangers would send out the wrong message , I'm pretty confident the powers that be at the club will see itvthis way too

Hopefully. We shouldn't want to be easy to deal with when it comes to the OF. 

His form won’t matter if he isn’t playing first team football. 

Just now, Dazo said:

Well I’m shocked, a bit of bad news and bongo is all over it telling us what the club should have done. 🙄

Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

We obviously have been trying.

You always come on here preaching like you know something everyone doesn’t. If the player doesn’t want to sign then it doesn’t matter. His agent will have been in his ear after touting him down south and up here.

I don’t bother replying to you as I’m giving you what you’re looking for. The irony of my post is if everyone ignored you this place would be a much better forum.

Nope I'm giving my opinion, I'm actually backing the lads and Robbie and haven't kacked my pants because Souttar has signed a pre contract. 

Unlike some. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

So, if that’s their best offer what should we do? 

Imo play him and if his form drops of don't play him .

Clark Griswold

How does that benefit Hearts? 

It doesn’t really, but the club has been left in an awful position. 

I await, with bated breath, the standard “I owe Hearts everything. I can’t thank them enough for everything they’ve done for me”.

**** you, you little rat 🖕🏻

Thing I'm angriest at with Souttar is how he's treated the club I love. Hearts have looked after him for years when he was completely useless to us. For him to agree to terms that will leave us with nothing is disgusting. How dare he treat my club like that.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

I was going to say, do you know how football fans work? Of course he will be boo’d resoundingly 

He deserves to be booed but we need to up the positive atmosphere towards the players showing a true commitment to our great club to counteract any distractions. It feels like we are well on the way to success, success that Souttar has chosen to turn his back on. Let him rot.

• davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic
Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Thing I'm angriest at with Souttar is how he's treated the club I love. Hearts have looked after him for years when he was completely useless to us. For him to agree to terms that will leave us with nothing is disgusting. How dare he treat my club like that.

Agree with this.

12 minutes ago, Sertse said:

here Sertse, I know you like a wee wind up sometimes, and I canni quite figure out if yer being sincere here…but these are my sentiments exactly. 100% agree with every word. 

Just now, Sertse said:

Keep the head up, no player is bigger than the club, we move on. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Smith extends deal / Roberts signs for Motherwell ( updated )
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The only way to sort this Hearts is to announce a new signing or two 😂 announce Sibbick and Findlay. 

Feck me man. 

Sure I read somewhere that Findlay wasn’t a target. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

here Sertse, I know you like a wee wind up sometimes, and I canni quite figure out if yer being sincere here…but these are my sentiments exactly. 100% agree with every word. 

Banter is banter and all that but I do love the club. My grandad was buried in his favourite Hearts strip, the Hearts song was played at his funeral and the badge is engraved on his headstone. The club phoned my gran to check up on her after he died. He has a plaque at the memorial garden and I'll have one there one day as well. I've bought my son a Hearts top every year of his life. Most of my prized possessions are maroon. The club is a huge part of my life. I expect to see the club disrespected by fans of other clubs but to see a player who's been given so much by them disrespect it by opting to give them absolutely nothing back is downright despicable. Most of us bleed maroon here and to see a player we all loved go to one of our rivals is sickening as it is, but choosing the option where we get nothing? You just expect better from them.

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He's over here mate with Andy. 

MLS season is over - starts back end of Feb. Pretty sure he was home for his wedding. 

Edited by Batistuta87

50 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Am i the only one, that thinks Souttar is a good player, he can be replaced, I'm more annoyed we might not get money for him, but we still might. 

Totally and he's a far better player now than when he joined. Hearts helped in that - positive!

If we get better as a team,  bigger teams will come looking at our players - Its the economics of the game

I get the disappointment but for me way over the top reaction - The boy wants to move on.....Off you go !

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

In other non-Souttar news but someone a lot on here fancied... 

Zak Ruden to Motherwell.

He’s playing for Partick right now. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal