** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

19 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

John Souttar could not get a game for Dundee United when we signed him,has had 2 near career ending injuries since he joined so fair play if Sevco want to chuck £15k a week at him.

Anyway who can we get to replace him?Im hoping for Jamie Hamilton and another older head.

Done a bit of digging around possible pre contracts and top of my list is Naby Sarr from Huddersfield. Played plenty down south, is a good age at 28, he's a 6ft5, a big African tank and think his brute strength would be an amazing asset up here. Patrick Bauer at Preston would be next. 6ft3, also a tank, big sensible German heed would be very useful. Both bank-breakers though. 

Edited by Batistuta87

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Done a bit of digging around possible pre contracts and too of my list is Naby Sarr from Huddersfield. Played plenty down south, is a good age at 28, he's a 6ft5, a big African tank and think his brute strength would be an amazing asset up here. Patrick Bauer at Preston would be next. 29yo, 6ft3, also a tank, big sensible German heed would be very useful. 

Sure Joe Savage brought Bauer to Preston.👍

On 11/01/2022 at 20:09, Jamboj1 said:

A striker will be signed along with Ogashiwa (if the club allow him), souttar expected to announce next club on Thursday evening or Friday morning. A replacement has been eyed up since October when it was clear a new deal wouldn’t happen. 

A Striker expected to be in by auchinleck, if rangers pay the fee we are demanding the move for a replacement will be pretty quick 

1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

A Striker expected to be in by auchinleck, if rangers pay the fee we are demanding the move for a replacement will be pretty quick 

I guess not cos you'd have said but do you know/are you allowed to say the fee (even ish??)

I have no doubt in my mind that Souttar would give his all if he stayed until the end of the season but if he signs for Rangers on a pre-contract he needs to go this window.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I do wonder if we are looking at getting Cochrane on a pre contract in the Summer ? He has been a very consistent player for us too, would be delighted if we could get him on a permanent too, that would pretty much mean only 1 change in our defense now, with he who shall not be named going to iBrokes very shortly, continuanty breeds a winning mentality imo if we could just find a gem of a RCH then we could potentially end this window even stronger than we started it.

Funnily enough I am not sure we are able to sign Cochrane or want to - probably the former. Robbie said on Scarves around the Funnel we were looking for a new LWB as a signing. So either Cochrane has something else or we want an upgrade. I’m comfortable with either.

3 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The EEN stated that Devlin and Beni attracted interest.  Good it shows we are doing loads right.  Beni said he will make us money,  I hope we can get more thike both of them

Really interesting that Robbie confirmed this. 4 and 3 months in the team and we are potentially getting significant enough interest in key players to the extent that we know we might need to replace them.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

IF the press are to be believed and Souttar is pushing for the move to Rangers to take place this window, it tells us where his mindset is for the next 5 months. 

Or he knows that if he does love now we get a chunk of money and can negotiate a sell on rather than getting nothing and no ability to do a deal with his new club in June.

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Moore hasn't totally convinced in few times at centre half. 

But he did make a goal saving header last minute v Ross County. 

If he gets the position he can make it his own. And like Souttar he can come out of defence quickly with the ball. 

On both games that Souttar was out of the team and Moore played RCB he was absolutely excellent, we had two clean sheets and we won both games.

Not sure on what you base your view?

bringonthesevco
52 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don't think we'll be that much weaker with Michael Smith in Souttar's position and Taylor Moore as cover. 

In terms of games Souttar has defended well but hasn't been such a big attacking influence. 

Hasn’t been such a big attacking influence ??

he’s our 4th top goal scorer ! Behind Boyce, GMS and Kingsley !!

Never Let Them Forget
2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Any idea who and how much we are looking for Souttar ? Cheers for the info anyway 👍🏼

I don't think this is denial.  I honestly think if Souttar goes, with Natty Dred signed up, if we get another CF of good qual, we're a better overall team.

In fact I'd argue, if Souttar goes and nothing else happens, we're actually a better team than we were in December.  Much more balance.  Of course, not because Soapy leaves, but simply by having a proper RWB.  That positive outweighs the negative of the loss imo.

Leveins Battalion

Surprised that we let Walker go without a ready made replacement,with Souttar set to bolt I hope we don’t get caught with our pants down and are scrambling about on deadline day for guys like Abiola Dauda 😒

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I guess not cos you'd have said but do you know/are you allowed to say the fee (even ish??)

What I’ve been told we want I won’t say but personally I’d expect the actual deal to be around 500k with a sell on %. We are playing hardball but it’s going to be intense for him to continue here and everyone knows it. Also for names on players coming in I’ve been told this window almost impossible without someone getting into bother it will only be basic info

£400k fee supposedly agreed with the Zombies for souttar to go in this window, all depending on the replacement being signed though !

3 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

£400k fee supposedly agreed with the Zombies for souttar to go in this window, all depending on the replacement being signed though !

Just waiting on the heart felt social media message now 🐍 

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

So not far off 3 steak bakes and a bottle of buckfast.

Fecking raging at that offer..

He is worth a lot ,more than that.

So we are a fan owned club and nothing changes when it comes to the ugly sisters sniffing about our talent..

22 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Sure Joe Savage brought Bauer to Preston.👍

That's interesting 👍🏻

He'll be on good money down there but one of these where if you don't ask..... 

Just now, maroonlegions said:

So not far off 3 steak bakes and a bottle of buckfast.

Fecking raging at that offer..

He is worth a lot ,more than that.

So we are a fan owned club and nothing changes when it comes to the ugly sisters sniffing about our talent..

It’s maybe something the foundation needs to address with the club. 

The optics of selling players to the OF is horrendous and continues to serve as a ‘know your place’ kind of reminder for fans. Club policy needs to change on this IMO.

£400k isn’t enough. I’d rather have rejected all approaches and if the player wants to subject themselves to abuse for signing a precontract with a rival then that’s his cross to bear. 

Leveins Battalion

£400k for a guy with 6 months left on his contract and Achilles made of chocolate is perfectly acceptable.For £400k  I am sure 100% our recruitment team can find somebody equally as good if not better.🤷

If they’re offering £400k and a sell on % I’d snap their hand off to be honest. His mind has gone we should let him go this window. Frees up his wage for someone else too.

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

£400k for a guy with 6 months left on his contract and Achilles made of chocolate is perfectly acceptable.For £400k  I am sure 100% our recruitment team can find somebody equally as good if not better.🤷

Yup. He doesn't want to be here. Take the money, reinvest and move on.

Malinga the Swinga

Once it's officially announced, can we just wipe him from record and move on with players who want to be Hearts players.

Those who don't can **** off.

Much as it sticks in my craw a wee bit, if 400k is the best we can get then take it and move on. 

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, HEARTS FOREVER said:

If we accept 400k....then we will always be where we are.

Time to show some bollocks and make him play or rot.

He has 4 months left of his contract. He has never played consistently and consistently well. May he be a multi million pound player in the future? Maybe. But my guess is his injuries will catch up to him and he won’t be consistently played at Ibrox. He’ll end up joining us on a free in 4 years following a loan at Bristol City or something.

Well £400k should bring us in a reasonable replacement. John Souter is not the finished article by a long shot and that dodgy Achilles may well to come back to haunt him and Sevco. Still hurts that we stood by him when it was needed and he’s done little more than shit on us with that move.

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

It’s maybe something the foundation needs to address with the club. 

The optics of selling players to the OF is horrendous and continues to serve as a ‘know your place’ kind of reminder for fans. Club policy needs to change on this IMO.

£400k isn’t enough. I’d rather have rejected all approaches and if the player wants to subject themselves to abuse for signing a precontract with a rival then that’s his cross to bear. 

He might have insisted on a move now to get us something? I don't think we should spite ourselves here, what matters is the team. 

We got Beni on a free didn't we? Imagine what Savage could unearth for 400K. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Once it's officially announced, can we just wipe him from record and move on with players who want to be Hearts players.

Those who don't can **** off.

Correct 

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If they’re offering £400k and a sell on % I’d snap their hand off to be honest. His mind has gone we should let him go this window. Frees up his wage for someone else too.

This. He’s a good player but he’s got four months left on his contract and his legs are made of glass. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

If they offering 400k now I'd take it and get replacement who's committed ! It's not just 400k it's also saving the 6 months wages aswell as avoiding the toxic atmosphere that he will bring at games

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

400k is a joke. In every interview they've done, they've said it will take a massive offer for him to move now. Accepting an offer like that would have long-term ramifications for the club when looking to demand top dollar in the future. 1m minimum or GTF.

1 minute ago, jambotony said:

If he goes to the Huns, can we not take the 400K rumoured and get Katic on loan for 6 months?

If what is being reported is accurate,  Rangers are happy to take him in the summer rather than spend any money now.  Maybe just part of the negotiating though. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Deevers said:

Well £400k should bring us in a reasonable replacement. John Souter is not the finished article by a long shot and that dodgy Achilles may well to come back to haunt him and Sevco. Still hurts that we stood by him when it was needed and he’s done little more than shit on us with that move.

Some supporters would laugh if he suffered recurrence of Achilles injury. Can't say I wouldn't be one of them. 

Took Hearts for a ride and when finally showing first bit of consistency in time here, couldn't wait to shit all over Hearts and the supporters.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I was all for keeping him for the rest of the of the season when he was England bound, now that he has bent over for sevco, he needs to leave asap. As you say 400k and maybe a sell on fee is good money if we can get a replacement in straight away. 

Just now, Boyces beard said:

I was all for keeping him for the rest of the of the season when he was England bound, now that he has bent over for sevco, he needs to leave asap. As you say 400k and maybe a sell on fee is good money if we can get a replacement in straight away. 

I'm on the same page as you.

HEARTS FOREVER
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He has 4 months left of his contract. He has never played consistently and consistently well. May he be a multi million pound player in the future? Maybe. But my guess is his injuries will catch up to him and he won’t be consistently played at Ibrox. He’ll end up joining us on a free in 4 years following a loan at Bristol City or something.

He won't be welcome back.

Edited by HEARTS FOREVER

I think it shows how little Souttar is valued by others compared to what we think he is worth. If we got offered 400k and a percentage he can easily be replaced. Moore can play there and so can Smith and both dont have transfers on their minds. If he signs a pre contract somewhere else I would still play Smith or Moore in front of him.

Seeing him through the injuries is a hard one and I know players will go for the money but imagine if we just started binning players when they got a bad injury, Fraser Wishart would be frothing and never away from the door. It may be Rangers is his only serious offer with his injury history.

12 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Totally agree, treated like a weeclub ?  Don't f....g accept that's that, 

Malinga the Swinga

Yep, get him out immediately. Not interested in why he's leaving, not interested in listening to shite from the rat about how he enjoyed time at Hearts or whatever lies he comes out with.

He joined a club that most, not all sadly, Hearts supporters despise.

He hasn't tried to better himself on football terms, he's not testing himself against top quality players, he's ****ed off and shit on the club In support.

In short, he is a *****.

HEARTS FOREVER
6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

If they offering 400k now I'd take it and get replacement who's committed ! It's not just 400k it's also saving the 6 months wages aswell as avoiding the toxic atmosphere that he will bring at games

Make him sit in the stand then.

We need to stop making it so easy for these clubs to take our players on the cheap.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic