** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ginnelly was on a hatrick. Not sure what the point of subbing him would be if we need him confident and scoring.

Henderson was our only fit striker but didn’t feature at all.  All I’m saying is it gives the impression that RN might not think he’s the required standard.  Time will tell.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Getintaethem said:

Henderson was our only fit striker but didn’t feature at all.  All I’m saying is it gives the impression that RN might not think he’s the required standard.  Time will tell.

He'll have to do well to get in ahead of other players for definite.

3 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Ron the con just pocketed a tidy sum into his off shore account.

Can just imagine him saying Excellent and rubbing his hands like Mr. Burns. Ron the trousering the cash from the hobos prize asset is very pleasing.

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Robbie didn’t sound like he knows what’s going on when talking about loosing Nando.

"We were always going to recruit in that department anyway." he said. "It just means we will probably need to speed it up.

"But the key thing is always to make sure we get the right player. If that takes a bit longer, then it takes longer."

And there is one thing we know is to take what Robbie says in press conferences about signing at face value....

Had a look at the previous January windows in the Budge era, going back to 2015.

We've signed a total of 24 players in those windows:

- 10 were signed by 20th January (42%)

- 13 were signed on the 25th or later (54%)

- 10 were signed in the last two days of the window (42%)

So the majority of the business for the whole month gets done in the last week, and we've signed as many players in the last 2 days of the window as the first 20. That isn't a uniquely Hearts thing either, it's just the nature of this window. 

Maybe hold off on the panic until the last couple of days at least.

37 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Sounds like we’ve had knock backs and have to go to plan B which maybe playing Gino at number 9 and keeping Henderson.

You might be right re having been knocked back. If that’s the case I’d rather we tried for another loan till the end of season where we can revisit targets with hopefully European football as a carrot to dangle 🤞

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Had a look at the previous January windows in the Budge era, going back to 2015.

So the majority of the business for the whole month gets done in the last week, and we've signed as many players in the last 2 days of the window as the first 20. That isn't a uniquely Hearts thing either, it's just the nature of this window. 

One (the man of the moment) was signed in the last minute of the window

11 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

This correlates with my theory that it’s not just the players that get time off in January, but the admin staff do also. I kinda figured we wouldn’t see anything in the beginning of January, but then the Atkinson announcement and Ogashiwa rumour changed my thinking, should’ve stuck to my original hunch!

I'm not all that concerned at the moment. The management and recruitment teams seem to be on the same wavelength as most fans right now. We all know what we need and they're trying to make it happen. 

I'd rather sign noone than some absolute shiter like Conor Sammon or Paul McCallum.

Pretty sure we'll get at least one forward and they're trying to make it someone who will help push us forward.

Would be good if they arrived sooner rather than later and hopefully before the Sellik game.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe. On the flip side, as forwards do more than score goals, we don't know for sure if we'd have played as well with another striker instead of Boyce, who has been an integral part of a great start to the season. We have needed someone off the bench to score though. Only Walker looked like doing that - still scunnered we let him go.

Wish we kept walker too , even a half fit walker was better than that lump we got from blackpool ?

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Sounds like we’ve had knock backs and have to go to plan B which maybe playing Gino at number 9 and keeping Henderson.

Yeah, it is looking like that a bit.

We have time with Henderson as the lower league loan window runs through Feb, so we can take stock after the January window closes and decide what we want him to stay at Hearts or back to Alloa.

StevenNaismith

Relax folks, we have an unbelievable recruitment team in place. They are working on a couple of exciting forward options on permanent deals but signing good players is hard in January. If they don’t manage to pull it off then I’d envisage a loan or two from down south to tide us over til the summer window when it’s a lot easier. 

40 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Relax folks, we have an unbelievable recruitment team in place. They are working on a couple of exciting forward options on permanent deals but signing good players is hard in January. If they don’t manage to pull it off then I’d envisage a loan or two from down south to tide us over til the summer window when it’s a lot easier. 

In your opinion of course.

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

In your opinion of course.

You appear to be the one flying in the face of opinion with a stream of negative posts. 

StevenNaismith
10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You appear to be the one flying in the face of opinion with a stream of negative posts. 

Ignore him mate, he’s only pissed that I won’t reply to his constant messages pleading for information. 

A minimum of a striker will be signed before the end of the window, Henderson will be back at Alloa like someone’s already posted (can happen in February) pollock also going back out too. We are working on 2 in, keep the head and patience will pay off 👍🏻 Been laying the ground work for a big summer 

8 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

A minimum of a striker will be signed before the end of the window, Henderson will be back at Alloa like someone’s already posted (can happen in February) pollock also going back out too. We are working on 2 in, keep the head and patience will pay off 👍🏻 Been laying the ground work for a big summer 

Don't doubt your info at all as I have no reason not to. To loan out/offload Walker, Gnanduillet, Henderson, Pollock, Logan and Brandon and replace them with Atkinson and one other player sounds like shooting ourselves in the foot a bit especially with basically all of our 18/19/20 year old lads currently out on loan anyway.

We would be left with 20 players in total, with the current rule being 5 subs from 9 every adult footballer at the club would be in the matchday squad IF they are all available (which almost never happens). 

If we're not even going to trust the academy graduates to come into the squad in the event of an injury crisis then we're going to need a good 3 or 4 players in this window imo

28 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Don't doubt your info at all as I have no reason not to. To loan out/offload Walker, Gnanduillet, Henderson, Pollock, Logan and Brandon and replace them with Atkinson and one other player sounds like shooting ourselves in the foot a bit especially with basically all of our 18/19/20 year old lads currently out on loan anyway.

We would be left with 20 players in total, with the current rule being 5 subs from 9 every adult footballer at the club would be in the matchday squad IF they are all available (which almost never happens). 

If we're not even going to trust the academy graduates to come into the squad in the event of an injury crisis then we're going to need a good 3 or 4 players in this window imo

I agree Neilson however doesn’t seem to like big squads, pollock I’d expect to go out on deadline day or just shortly after it he will be here for the next few games. I would expect that we will insert a clause where we can recall the guys on loan if needed 

52 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Great to hear- what a difference having team that knows what it's doing.

4 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

:rudiyas:

4 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Ignore him mate, he’s only pissed that I won’t reply to his constant messages pleading for information. 

😂

38 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not an Itk post 👍

Morning folks. 

Morning tease, worth a cheap punt though.Gerrard rated him at Rangers before a bad injury. Looks fine now. Definitely a project.

47 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not an Itk post 👍

Morning folks. 

Thistle would probably want £400-£500k.

Too much of a risk for us.

4 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Thistle would probably want £400-£500k.

Too much of a risk for us.

If We cant get that kind of money for an international with only 6 months left on his contract then I highly doubt Partick will

Not that i think we are in for him btw

Edited by CAR
Add info

JUst seen Hibs are after Demi Mitchell as a replacement for Boyle

First they went after Sibbick and now Mitchell lol

I feel another knockback is on the way for them

Edited by CAR
Add info

4 minutes ago, CAR said:

JUst seen Hibs are after Demi Mitchell as a replacement for Boyle

First they went after Sibbick and now Mitchell lol

I feel another knockback is on the way for them

Hopefully that happens he has exactly set the world alight

11 minutes ago, CAR said:

If We cant get that kind of money for an international with only 6 months left on his contract then I highly doubt Partick will.

Not that i think we are in for him btw

I didn't even know he was 6 months from the end of his contract. Wonder how much the development fee would be.

7 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I didn't even know he was 6 months from the end of his contract. Wonder how much the development fee would be.

Edited by TypoonJambo

6 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

:greatpost:

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Two windows prioritising a striker and not managing to sign one is a bit of a concern.

** good striker**

Leveins Battalion

It is finally reassuring to know we are planning 6 to 12 months down the line,for too long we have been reactive  rather than proactive.

However,sitting 3rd in the league with only Boyce see as a recognised striker is a bit concerning,especially if anything happens to Gino and as history shows he is prone to injury.

We need a minimum of 1 striker ASAP,and we need some variety in our options.Pace and Power rule is this league.

kingantti1874
22 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

It is finally reassuring to know we are planning 6 to 12 months down the line,for too long we have been reactive  rather than proactive.

However,sitting 3rd in the league with only Boyce see as a recognised striker is a bit concerning,especially if anything happens to Gino and as history shows he is prone to injury.

We need a minimum of 1 striker ASAP,and we need some variety in our options.Pace and Power rule is this league.

I think everyone at the club agrees. The trick is trying to find such a player becuase those are the players that everyone wants .

we should be reassured, that unlike seasons in the past, we are looking for quality and not quantity.  

If we don't a striker it means they recruitment team deemed no one was decent enough to sign, not a failure. Quite the opposite, Jan is a shite month to sign anyone decent let alone a striker that you'd hope is one of your best players. Changed days from us having to take punts on 6 new shit players in January. If its not now, you can guarantee Savage will have someone worth the wait in the summer. 

Ideally we'd want one, but we have gotten ourselves 8 clear without it so not a disaster, as others have said could be a loan to tide us over or keep Henderson whos probably an immediate upgrade on gnando. 

Someone mentioned the difference in prize money between 3rd and 4th being around 250k, or a 4.5k a week player.

I’m trying to work out the standard of striker we could get for that kind of cash.

Wasn’t Naismith quoted to be on around that here?

I know he doesn’t follow our signing policy, but a first season Naismith would be on about 15 goals already in this team.

I’d not be opposed to a similar 6 month loan if we can’t get our top couple long term options this window. 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Was it only 2018 he was here.. felt much longer 

They were a long couple of seasons to be fair 

55 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Agree…..I agree in principal it’s about improving on what you have but that can also be fanciful thinking. 

There will still be forwards out there that can become part of an efficient set-up and contribute something worthwhile.  

Are we saying there’s not someone out there with a better attitude than Gnando, as well as being as good ability wise, who couldn’t come in this window? Even if a loan?  

Saying all that, I’m sure we will get someone in anyway.  

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Morning tease, worth a cheap punt though.Gerrard rated him at Rangers before a bad injury. Looks fine now. Definitely a project.

2 we are after 👍

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

2 we are after 👍

Kuwaiti Tankers?

40 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

If we don't a striker it means they recruitment team deemed no one was decent enough to sign, not a failure. Quite the opposite, Jan is a shite month to sign anyone decent let alone a striker that you'd hope is one of your best players. Changed days from us having to take punts on 6 new shit players in January. If its not now, you can guarantee Savage will have someone worth the wait in the summer. 

Ideally we'd want one, but we have gotten ourselves 8 clear without it so not a disaster, as others have said could be a loan to tide us over or keep Henderson whos probably an immediate upgrade on gnando. 

quite staggering the short term memory some have on here. Savage and team have done a great job in the transfer dept - both outgoings and ingoings. 

There's a definite feel from some that any signing is better than none (despite what they post).

we are 3rd top scorers in the league. we're not the bigot brothers with cash (pretend or otherwise) to chuck about - and a failed signing hurts us financially way way more than the ugly sisters who can afford to spunk cash on players who flop.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal