** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Who is "screaming" exactly?

Hope you are not going to post as often as that "SRB". He was really annoying.

Hahahahaha πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸΎ

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

20 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

I thought Ginnelly looked lost in the number 9 position first half. Β The runs he made and his positioning were poor. Β Looked much more comfortable when moved to the right in the second half, not convinced he’d cope at centre forward.

Agree, I believe we still need a target and that is not Boyce.Β  January is not a good time to find one.

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

Agree, I believe we still need a target and that is not Boyce.Β  January is not a good time to find one.

I’m confident we will bring someone in. We were looking in the summer and I tend to believe the ITK folk who say we were close. Recruitment boys know what they are doing. We’ll sign a striker.Β 

48 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Respectfully agree

Totally disagree.Β  Sorry, but this is shite.Β  That's what's shite.Β  This!Β  (sorry that's a bit OTT, but I disagree).

Β 

Where is the glaring goalscoring issue?Β  We're averaging 1.5 goals a game in the league.Β  Take a look at London Hearts.Β  That's above our history average.Β  Quick glance, we've averaged above that twice in the last 20 years in the top division (happy to be corrected, not a stats guy)

Β 

There's nothing glaring about that.Β  It's like folk are saying we would have scored those goals if we hadn't scored them!Β  Same as, if it wasn't for our goalie, we'd have lost more!Β  I saw someone on here saying our first goal was "lucky" on Tuesday cos St Johnstone left Gino space!!!!

Β 

We're doing absolutely fine.Β  And much of that without Boycie too.Β  There was also no Woodburn on Tues.Β  Natty yet to get his boots on too.

Β 

No one on here will say they don't want another forward or two, but to paint it like some kind of crisis is just a bit shouting at the moon for my liking!

Β 

That isn't all aimed at you Jimmy, just seen a helluva lot of folk gnashing teeth.Β  I doubt Joe and his team are sitting having cocktails thinking, ach it's awright, we're averaging 1.5 goals a game, like!Β  They're working very hard trying to find and convince the right guys.Β  Summer will be easier.

Β 

They could bring in the next Dauda, or Ngog or McCallum or any of these guys, easy peasy.Β  Me?Β  Don't want them.Β  We've got a great group who obviously work so hard for one another.Β  Need to be sure anyone who comes in instantly buys in to that too.

Β 

Nail hit square on the napper !

Β 

πŸ‘

AlphonseCapone

Can anyone ITK confirm what exactly Joe has his finger in because according to the experts on here he needs to get it out.Β 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m confident we will bring someone in. We were looking in the summer and I tend to believe the ITK folk who say we were close. Recruitment boys know what they are doing. We’ll sign a striker.Β 

It’s not just ITK folk, there was an interview with Savage just after the window closed where he was hinting at an out of contract signing soon (McKay) and he mentioned that they had a couple of things ready on deadline day but one wanted to stay with his club and the other decided to move to another club down south. Most thought the former was Branthwaite and latter was Obafemi.

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Respectfully agree

Totally disagree.Β  Sorry, but this is shite.Β  That's what's shite.Β  This!Β  (sorry that's a bit OTT, but I disagree).

Β 

Where is the glaring goalscoring issue?Β  We're averaging 1.5 goals a game in the league.Β  Take a look at London Hearts.Β  That's above our history average.Β  Quick glance, we've averaged above that twice in the last 20 years in the top division (happy to be corrected, not a stats guy)

Β 

There's nothing glaring about that.Β  It's like folk are saying we would have scored those goals if we hadn't scored them!Β  Same as, if it wasn't for our goalie, we'd have lost more!Β  I saw someone on here saying our first goal was "lucky" on Tuesday cos St Johnstone left Gino space!!!!

Β 

We're doing absolutely fine.Β  And much of that without Boycie too.Β  There was also no Woodburn on Tues.Β  Natty yet to get his boots on too.

Β 

No one on here will say they don't want another forward or two, but to paint it like some kind of crisis is just a bit shouting at the moon for my liking!

Β 

That isn't all aimed at you Jimmy, just seen a helluva lot of folk gnashing teeth.Β  I doubt Joe and his team are sitting having cocktails thinking, ach it's awright, we're averaging 1.5 goals a game, like!Β  They're working very hard trying to find and convince the right guys.Β  Summer will be easier.

Β 

They could bring in the next Dauda, or Ngog or McCallum or any of these guys, easy peasy.Β  Me?Β  Don't want them.Β  We've got a great group who obviously work so hard for one another.Β  Need to be sure anyone who comes in instantly buys in to that too.

Β 

100% nail on head.

Any other opinion is wrong.

Β 

I blame it on football manager.

Β 

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s not just ITK folk, there was an interview with Savage just after the window closed where he was hinting at an out of contract signing soon (McKay) and he mentioned that they had a couple of things ready on deadline day but one wanted to stay with his club and the other decided to move to another club down south. Most thought the former was Branthwaite and latter was Obafemi.

Rings a bell now you mention it πŸ‘

29 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Suspect he won’tΒ 

Β 

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Me too, Chanpions League yer having a laugh.Β 

I thought he played quite well on Tuesday. That is until he had to play in the middle, and came up against Chris Kane and he lost out in the air and struggled with the physicality.

He has always been a good footballer, but never a dominating CH.

Champions League strikers will make life very difficult for him

Vlad the impaler

When your doing well that’s the time to add. What we don’t want is to

not have strengthened and it costs us.Boyce needs a back up,Robbie knows this. Saying that like everyone’s saying the recruitment team have our utmost trust….feels good saying that I must say

If we can't get a deal done with any forwards that we actuallyΒ want (and their club) in this window, then we wait until the summer. Deals are more likely to happen during that time and it gives our scouts (who are still relatively new into the job) more time to look into different options.

Β 

We're still in a good place right now, and don't need to panic. If Gnando goes without a replacement brought in then I suspect we'll give Henderson, who's confidence will be high (and, realistically, can't be any worse), a chance as back up. It's not ideal, but it would do for a few months.Β 

Β 

The last thing we want is to rush and sign a player who we haven't fully scouted or doesn't fit our style of play imo. Otherwise, in twelve months time, we'll be in the exact same position as we are just now, trying to off-load Gnando mk 2.

2 minutes ago, Trajan said:

If we can't get a deal done with any forwards that we actuallyΒ want (and their club) in this window, then we wait until the summer. Deals are more likely to happen during that time and it gives our scouts (who are still relatively new into the job) more time to look into different options.

Β 

We're still in a good place right now, and don't need to panic. If Gnando goes without a replacement brought in then I suspect we'll give Henderson, who's confidence will be high (and, realistically, can't be any worse), a chance as back up. It's not ideal, but it would do for a few months.Β 

Β 

The last thing we want is to rush and sign a player who we haven't fully scouted or doesn't fit our style of play imo. Otherwise, in twelve months time, we'll be in the exact same position as we are just now, trying to off-load Gnando mk 2.

As I said above, I’m convinced we’ll sign a striker. I do agree we won’t buy any old shite and just want to add that Gnando was bought while in The Championship, understandable at the time but the summer signings show the quality we are after now.Β 

Phil D. Corners

Not sure if we have a goal scoring issue or a striker scoring issue.Β 
Β 

If Gnado was of the calibre Sow, Lafferty,etc (in scoring) I think we would blow teams away.Β 

Β 

I trust it will happen. Looks like Gnado is on his way out and his wages will be made free along with walkers.Β 
Β 

Β 

As I said above, I’m convinced we’ll sign a striker. I do agree we won’t buy any old shite and just want to add that Gnando was bought while in The Championship, understandable at the time but the summer signings show the quality we are after now.Β 

Β 

I'm confident of that too. I just think the talk of it being a failure if we don't bring a forward in is too harsh on the scouting team, who've done an excellent job so far.Β 

19 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Yup all true. The chance of anyone outside the OF winning the SC Cup is slim, however, there is always a chance as we saw last season especially if the OF draw each other before the final.Β 

Β 

250k though is a 4k a week player mate. 250k we wouldn’t otherwise have.Β 

That's true but I got the impression you were arguing for pushing the boat out a bit in this transfer window to chase the Β£5m for 3rd. Just pointing out that 3rd might only be worth Β£250k more than 4th, so even if we "only" pushed the boat out to the tune of Β£250k, we might be no better off financially. And if we pushed the boat out further, we might be left with a bit of a financial hole! And that's even assuming we do finish 3rd!

Β 

I'm not against stretching the budget a bit by the way, it's just important to be clear on the potential risks and rewards!Β 

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Sorry but that’s shite. What’s the point of having a whole player recruitment department with a glaring goal scoring issue to resolve in a key period for us. An issue they have known about since they were brought in. And NOT being able to find a player who, at the very least, can do a job on loan for the remainder of the season.

If we are trying to get someone to sign for us, why would we bring in someone on loan first?

My guess, because that's all it is, would be we are trying to actually sign a player. If that fails, I'd be surprised we didn't have a loan option lined up.

Time will tell, I suppose. Not long to go.

1 minute ago, Boris said:

If we are trying to get someone to sign for us, why would we bring in someone on loan first?

My guess, because that's all it is, would be we are trying to actually sign a player. If that fails, I'd be surprised we didn't have a loan option lined up.

Time will tell, I suppose. Not long to go.

Out of the three loans we brought in during summer I would say 2 are realistic signings on permanent deals this summer. Doesn’t prove or disprove your point but try before you buy is the type of loan I’d expect to see more often than not.Β 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Out of the three loans we brought in during summer I would say 2 are realistic signings on permanent deals this summer. Doesn’t prove or disprove your point but try before you buy is the type of loan I’d expect to see more often than not.Β 

That's a fair point, although given the position my feeling is we'd prefer getting someone on a longer contract.

Β 

But quite possibly my musings are nonsense!

5 minutes ago, Boris said:

That's a fair point, although given the position my feeling is we'd prefer getting someone on a longer contract.

Β 

But quite possibly my musings are nonsense!

Yep, in an ideal world I’m sure we would. Quite excited to see who’ll come in.Β 

I think today (and this window in general) proves that ITK is a thing of the past. Why else would we be spending pages talking about formations, positions and critiquing the recruitment team’s success? (Not that I’m complaining by the way)

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I think today (and this window in general) proves that ITK is a thing of the past. Why else would we be spending pages talking about formations, positions and critiquing the recruitment team’s success? (Not that I’m complaining by the way)

In previous seasons when ITK was more en vogue we still managed to waste page upon page on fish puns, cliques and nationalism. The age of ITK may be over but it can’t be measured by the amount of off topic chat on this thread. Β πŸ™‚

Edited by GinRummy

jamboinglasgow

In previous seasons when ITK was more en vogue we still managed to waste page upon page on fish puns, cliques and nationalism. The age of ITK may be over but it can’t be measured by the amount of off topic chat on this thread. Β πŸ™‚

Β 

Dont forget the days when Billie Piper filled the transferΒ  threads.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

I thought Ginnelly looked lost in the number 9 position first half. Β The runs he made and his positioning were poor. Β Looked much more comfortable when moved to the right in the second half, not convinced he’d cope at centre forward.

Although when he gets the chance he does actually shoot like a striker.

Β 

his goal away to St Johnstone, similar/

Β 

Arguably he is a better, sharper finisher than Boyce - he has a good sight of goal he shoots wuickly and places it well - but he doesn’t have the experience of getting into the right positions centrally.

Β 

Played as an underlapping winger/attacker is ideal for him.

Β 

That said he should have had a pen when playing centrally in the first half - had he not been fouled he was probably scoring.

Bazzas right boot

With all the players extending and talk of wanting McKay to extend - we must remember Neilson's contract is up next summer.Β 

Β 

If we finish third, getting him to extend is a priority.Β 

Β 

If we end up 3rd and in European group stages he'll get lots of attention.

Β 

Last thing we need is him leaving unexpectedly and the team needs a rebuild again.Β 

Β 

Getting him to extend in the summer is number 1 priority.Β 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

With all the players extending and talk of wanting McKay to extend - we must remember Neilson's contract is up next summer.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Last thing we need is him leaving unexpectedly and the team needs a rebuild again.Β 

Β 

Or if he does leave we get decent compoΒ 

7 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

This is most important window for as long as I can remember, I would be inclined to spend a bit more and get 2 quality additions rather than fold our arms because we've had a good first half of the season.Β 

Halkett and Boyce are carrying knocks, that's two positions we need reinforced.

The last window was more important than this one. We needed several new signings brought in and quite a lot of deadwood shifted out, and we were pretty successful on both fronts. If we'd got the signings wrong, we might have been looking at another season in the bottom half of the table.Β  For this window, it's about targeted strengthening in a small number of positions, but even if we can't get the targets we want, we'll still be pretty well placed for the fight for third over the remainder of the season.Β 

3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Sorry but that’s shite. What’s the point of having a whole player recruitment department with a glaring goal scoring issue to resolve in a key period for us. An issue they have known about since they were brought in. And NOT being able to find a player who, at the very least, can do a job on loan for the remainder of the season.

So you think we should have signed somebody (anybody) by now ?

The Grim Reaper
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

πŸ˜‚

6 minutes ago, john thomas said:

So you think we should have signed somebody (anybody) by now ?

Not necessarily but my post above pondered us signing nobody. The next 4 months are vital for our future. We need a goal scorer to get us over the line IMO. Whether it’s a new signing or a loan with a view to signing or a loan with just making sure of 3rd in mind, I don’t really care at this stage, although a signing would be preferable, there is far less financial risk in bringing in a decent loan striker for 4 months and revisiting in the summer (if we can’t find one in January that is a long term signing) Doesn’t matter much when we do it in the next 11 days but for me, it’s a big mistake not bringing someone in at all.

Edited by JimmyCant

13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

You are absolutely fantastic at what you do.Β 

17 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Let’s just get past Saturday eh?… otherwise it may not be a problemπŸ˜‚

3 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Denser than a neutron star.Β 

Nah he’s alright. He’ll likely deny it but he gets half the board biting at times and revels in the backlash. Most folk would’ve packed JKB in years ago with the abuse he gets.Β 

Edited by GinRummy

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

image.png.1f91c1ee4bc3ab90f352a71b3f088441.png

Wasn’t here back then, but I’ll wager there was still a healthy element of….

6746C793-BC14-4D90-ADEF-BEDD96A138F7.jpeg

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Wasn’t here back then, but I’ll wager there was still a healthy element of….

6746C793-BC14-4D90-ADEF-BEDD96A138F7.jpeg

Haha. Some of the old fuddy duddys no doubt disapproved.Β 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Haha. Some of the old fuddy daddy’s no doubt disapproved.Β 

🀣

Edited by Rogue Daddy
Need to stop using that pic.

10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Not necessarily but my post above pondered us signing nobody. The next 4 months are vital for our future. We need a goal scorer to get us over the line IMO. Whether it’s a new signing or a loan with a view to signing or a loan with just making sure of 3rd in mind, I don’t really care at this stage, although a signing would be preferable, there is far less financial risk in bringing in a decent loan striker for 4 months and revisiting in the summer (if we can’t find one in January that is a long term signing) Doesn’t matter much when we do it in the next 11 days but for me, it’s a big mistake not bringing someone in at all.

If the level of player we want is not available or unattainableΒ  how can it be a mistake not singing someone ?

Sorry you seem to be saying just sign anybodyΒ 

Just now, john thomas said:

If the level of player we want is not available or unattainableΒ  how can it be a mistake not singing someone ?

More singing/signing typos

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Let’s just get past Saturday eh?… otherwise it may not be a problemπŸ˜‚

Β 

ooft....

Β 

It just cannae happen again....

Just now, john thomas said:

Which brings me back to my original point of the whole department we now have who's task is to find good players who are affordable and available. It’s not difficult to grasp what the purpose of that department is and we have had weeks if not months to at least have a short list

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal