** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Bruno mk2? I'm hard at the thought.

I have serious concerns about grown men on the internet announcing that they have an erection

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

As for the Jermaine Defoe chat, he’s 39 FFS. Let it go. He’s more interested in his brand and if you saw him on Sky Sports News last night he has a deep love in with Rangers and would likely see playing for any other Scottish club as an insult to those fans. So it’s not going to happen, and since we don’t look to sign players over the age of 26, he’s outside our policy by 13 years, so give up that ghost.

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I have serious concerns about grown men on the internet announcing that they have an erection

Works for Pele. 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

With the rules for foreign players changing and more Australian and Asian players on the radar, they don't seem to be as rigid and based on international appearances.

Could we look to South America also? I imagine there's loads of quality players that wont make the international cut but still improve us greatly.

I think the reason we are looking at Australia/Asia is that their seasons have not long finished so teams may be more willing to sell players unlike a normal Jan window. South America is very mixed as some of them run alongside the European seasons but some of them are calendar

I really hope we aren't waiting til the end of the window before bringing someone in. I get it's not easy, but we have 4 games that could define our season before the deadline, it would be good to get a body or two in as soon as possible seeing as Walker is away, Souttar is unusable and Gnando isn't in the plans.

One.Night.In.Basel

So many people angry because Soutter left for nothing and never signed a new contract so we could get some money for him.  Clubs weren't exactly knocking the door down trying to sign him for free, why do you think clubs would've paid any decent money for him? He's potentially an injury away from retirement, no one is taking that risk. If he signed a year longer deal we would probably be in the exact same situation a year from now. I suspect the anger is coming from who he has signed for and not the fact he's going for nothing. 

Under the floodlight
50 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Are you qualified?

Anyway, their financials will show they sold some kid for £millions, for starters. 

At looking at stuff no, but didn't realise that was a thing, I have been in management however and may have some semblance of what's written down.

Creative accounting an Ibrox requirement perhaps.

22 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

How do you know I'm a grown man?

1 minute ago, SectionN said:

Who is JS’s agent? My understanding is that Hearts only found out by Rangers statement.

Jackie McNamara 

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Jackie McNamara 

If it’s true we didn’t have any notification from them then that’s a staggering level of disrespect. 

Hopefully we never do business with the prick again.

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Jackie McNamara 

Didn’t he get hounded out of Dundee United due to having dodgy contract clauses with youth players? Why do I get the impression Souttar may have gotten offered more to go elsewhere but McNamara got offered more for this deal?

1 minute ago, OTT said:

If it’s true we didn’t have any notification from them then that’s a staggering level of disrespect. 

Hopefully we never do business with the prick again.

That’s the nature of PCA’s The club and the agent don’t have to communicate with us. They don’t need permission.

Courtesy. That’s a whole different thing and to be fair, we don’t know what courtesy was extended to the club and by whom.

15 minutes ago, One.Night.In.Basel said:

So many people angry because Soutter left for nothing and never signed a new contract so we could get some money for him.  Clubs weren't exactly knocking the door down trying to sign him for free, why do you think clubs would've paid any decent money for him? He's potentially an injury away from retirement, no one is taking that risk. If he signed a year longer deal we would probably be in the exact same situation a year from now. I suspect the anger is coming from who he has signed for and not the fact he's going for nothing. 

It's more the position he has chosen to put the club in. Rangers want him now, so in order to get a cut down fee he's signed a pre contract knowing he now probably can't play for Hearts again. So do Hearts pay him to sit and do nothing or take whatever shite offer comes from his snake like behaviour he's thought up with his agent/ Rangers. 

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Didn’t he get hounded out of Dundee United due to having dodgy contract clauses with youth players? Why do I get the impression Souttar may have gotten offered more to go elsewhere but McNamara got offered more for this deal?

McNamara was getting a cut out of all outgoing transfers from Dundee Utd. He was signed to sell assets. It was in his contract and he was very good at it

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

That’s the nature of PCA’s The club and the agent don’t have to communicate with us. They don’t need permission.

Courtesy. That’s a whole different thing and to be fair, we don’t know what courtesy was extended to the club and by whom.

It’s courtesy I’m talking about. We’d paid the rats wage for 6 years, he couldn’t keep the club in the loop? 

If that’s how McNamara wants to conduct business then he can do so without earning another red cent from Heart of Midlothian. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

McNamara was getting a cut out of all outgoing transfers from Dundee Utd. He was signed to sell assets. It was in his contract and he was very good at it

Oh I know it was part of his contract, but don’t their fans largely blame him for the eventual relegation as he sold off all the assets for his cash rather than the benefit of the team?

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well they’ve sold one kid for millions, probably got a decent wedge for Gerrard and still have a couple of other assets who they can flog. 

Plus Champions League cash coming as well. 

No doubt but that’s the point they need to sell and get CL money - that’s their stated business model. If it doesn’t happen?

From our perspective we are very much the same but further down the food chain. I am confident we are soundly run though and can survive without getting big sales (a couple would be nice though). 

In terms of competing with them we just need to hope they slip up in their signings and it keeps weakening their team and financial position. 

14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

His mate and ex assistant Simon Donnelly on the radio last night and seemed confident deal would go thru this month

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Disappointed on many levels with the Souttar move. Disappointed for us and disappointed for him (if he thinks he'll get a move to the EPL playing for Sevco he's in for a surprise)

As for the Jermain Defoe chat I'd rather bring Kyle Lafferty back. And I don't really want Lafferty back.

Given football recruitment is so data orientated and no EPL club has been in this race,  suggest we have somewhat over rated the lad,myself included. 

Rangers it appears as good as it gets. His body a time bomb.

I'm over this quickly, central defensive player's so much easier to recruit, I'm hoping people can move on quickly too.

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Given football recruitment is so data orientated and no EPL club has been in this race,  suggest we have somewhat over rated the lad,myself included. 

I'm over this quickly, central defensive player's so much easier to recruit, I'm hoping people can move on quickly too.

:spoton:

And Chris Sutton is right, he is a downgrade on Goldson. 

27 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think the club made it clear in the statement they weren’t told. As you say no requirement from either party to tell us but it frankly shockingly disrespectful to us by both but especially the player. 

3 hours ago, XB52 said:

Can't see any way he can play for Hearts again. I've never booed a Hearts player before but he would be my first. Either get money of the huns now or put him on gardening leave. Cutting our nose off to spite our face I know but it's how I, and the vast majority on here feel 

I agree and I will be checking the team sheet on my way to the St Johnstone game, if Souttar's even quoted in the squad I'll be heading home and watching on the ST stream. 

Robbie better take the feelings of the fans into account here. 

StevenNaismith

Jackie McNamara is a disgrace of a man. Souttar is by far and away the best player he has on his books so will have made sure he made a fortune out of this move.

To give you an idea of how this man conducts himself, he turned up at my 16 year old grandsons school to speak to him after being told to piss off from my son a few weeks beforehand. 

I would like to point out that he’s far from the worst agent out there though, these guys have no morals whatsoever.

27 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Oh I know it was part of his contract, but don’t their fans largely blame him for the eventual relegation as he sold off all the assets for his cash rather than the benefit of the team?

The owner of the club contracted him to do it and gave him a financial incentive. Which seems nuts but they would have gone under had they not done it

11 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I think the club made it clear in the statement they weren’t told. As you say no requirement from either party to tell us but it frankly shockingly disrespectful to us by both but especially the player. 

Yes reading between the lines of the statement we weren’t told by Rangers which is bad. I can’t think that Souttar himself didn’t tell the club because that is REALLY bad. McNamara not saying anything is not a surprise but he’ll want his player out of there ASAP so it’s a strange way to behave to say the least 

26 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

His mate and ex assistant Simon Donnelly on the radio last night and seemed confident deal would go thru this month

Fine by me. I’d prefer it did go through. I hope we are strong enough to have a figure in mind and not accept less. Game of brinkmanship coming I feel.

6 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Jackie McNamara is a disgrace of a man. Souttar is by far and away the best player he has on his books so will have made sure he made a fortune out of this move.

To give you an idea of how this man conducts himself, he turned up at my 16 year old grandsons school to speak to him after being told to piss off from my son a few weeks beforehand. 

I would like to point out that he’s far from the worst agent out there though, these guys have no morals whatsoever.

Was it your son or grandson who told him to piss off? Why did he tell him that?

I’m just being straight up nosey so feel free to ignore me. 

StevenNaismith
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was it your son or grandson who told him to piss off? Why did he tell him that?

I’m just being straight up nosey so feel free to ignore me. 

It was my son who told him to piss off. He doesn’t need an agent at the moment and certainly not one like JM.

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

And Chris Sutton is right, he is a downgrade on Goldson. 

Not sure. 

Time will tell. 

If he's Injury free I'm gonna say Souttar will be a good player for rangers and suddenly arses like Sutton who are in a OF bubble will be suprised at his quality and the media will have him valued at £10m+. 

Or he'll get injured and end up at Aberdeen or utd in 2 years. 

4 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Any opinions on the part where he's leaving us with absolutely ****all compensation while strengthening a rival of ours? Or did you just conveniently forget that part.

Our club developed him into what he is now yet he's showing us no gratitude whatsoever and leaving us in a position of weakness.

If that doesn't make your blood boil or even just a light simmer, if you cant even admit a shred of frustration towards the situation, well then I'd have to question your love for this club.

I'm not even one of these people who thinks football is everything. It's just a game and there are more important things in life. But the way Souttar has gone about this is tactless and disrespectful. I hate that it's at the expense of my club.

Great post.

There are posts here from across the emotional spectrum. While I'm happy to read them all what really upsets me are they ones decrying other supporters views - the one group of folks who carry no blame whatsoever in this episode are the fans. 

Edited by Japan Jambo

29 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Was about to post similar. 

Was there not some kind of talk about him getting bonuses for helping players on their way out of Dundee Utd when he was manager there ?

26 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yes reading between the lines of the statement we weren’t told by Rangers which is bad. I can’t think that Souttar himself didn’t tell the club because that is REALLY bad. McNamara not saying anything is not a surprise but he’ll want his player out of there ASAP so it’s a strange way to behave to say the least 

Yep I’d hope he had a word with RN at least. Regardless I agree with your other post, get the amount WE want then move on. Hopefully the figure is realistic and achievable, even so I don’t hold out much hope on the rangers being very accommodating. 

Tennant's  6's
4 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Any opinions on the part where he's leaving us with absolutely ****all compensation while strengthening a rival of ours? Or did you just conveniently forget that part.

Our club developed him into what he is now yet he's showing us no gratitude whatsoever and leaving us in a position of weakness.

If that doesn't make your blood boil or even just a light simmer, if you cant even admit a shred of frustration towards the situation, well then I'd have to question your love for this club.

I'm not even one of these people who thinks football is everything. It's just a game and there are more important things in life. But the way Souttar has gone about this is tactless and disrespectful. I hate that it's at the expense of my club.

Really hope we can just get rid of him & bring some money in.

I'm not sure if Robbie Neilson will drop him, as he should. Allowing Halliday to verbally wank off about the rangers all the time shouldn't be allowed either.

Joe Savage hopefully has some aces up his sleeve, as he's done well in starting to build this squad with the recent new contracts. 

50 minutes ago, Dazo said:

They did have to tell us he was going for a medical though so we must have anticipated the outcome. 

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not sure. 

Time will tell. 

If he's Injury free I'm gonna say Souttar will be a good player for rangers and suddenly arses like Sutton who are in a OF bubble will be suprised at his quality and the media will have him valued at £10m+. 

Or he'll get injured and end up at Aberdeen or utd in 2 years. 

Pretty much.

31 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

It was my son who told him to piss off. He doesn’t need an agent at the moment and certainly not one like JM.

Understand now 👍

2 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Haha oops. 

In fairness there's still an extra 'rra' in the middle. 😄

:icon14:  Ooo-aah, ditch the "rra"...  :smile:

And, yep, the sooner Soapy fecks-off to the Great Unwashed the better.  :muggy:

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They did have to tell us he was going for a medical though so we must have anticipated the outcome. 

That puzzled me. 

It's only a pre Contract agreement and at this point Souttar is still a Hearts player. 

Why are Hearts allowing another club to do a medical on our player without a fee being agreed. In advance. 

Surely the time for a medical is when he is actually signing him. 

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

His girlfriend is mates with my daughter. Your post is accurate. 

His girlfriend is my Niece, his post isn’t accurate at all.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

There was a documentary about Klopp, after the league win, and he was asked how do they know a player will get injured, look at his injury record was the answer. I'm guessing the Achilles injury will come back, and might finish his career. When? Who knows?

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I was hoping that we could move on to incoming transfers on this thread. 

There's a whole Souttar thread for people to vent their spleen on. 

What's the latest on new recruits? 

2 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

It has absolutely nothing to do with if he is a Hearts supporter or not. Nobody is pissed off because he wishes to ply his trade elsewhere or look after his family. It's entirely down to the manner of which he has conducted his business and left the club at a disadvantage!

We won't get a penny from a player we bought as a teenager and developed into a fully capped senior national team player.

Does that sit well with you?

Why do the people defending him keep missing out the part where he's leaving the club for NOTHING?

That's kind of the whole sticking point we're raging about! 

How did he leave the club at a disadvantage? He kept his side of the contract. There is no obligation to do anything else. As for being developed, that would be reflected in the salary he was paid. Up and coming young footballers with development to achieve would get paid less than a more established regular internationalist. There isn't a separate account for development fee.

5 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

There was a documentary about Klopp, after the league win, and he was asked how do they know a player will get injured, look at his injury record was the answer. I'm guessing the Achilles injury will come back, and might finish his career. When? Who knows?

And if he gets another injury, which I certainly don’t wish on him, it’ll be interesting to see if Rangers take care of him when he’s out or just cast him aside. I suspect it’ll be the latter.

10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That puzzled me. 

It's only a pre Contract agreement and at this point Souttar is still a Hearts player. 

Why are Hearts allowing another club to do a medical on our player without a fee being agreed. In advance. 

Surely the time for a medical is when he is actually signing him. 

That’s my point -  Hearts would have had to give permission for the medical to take place. 

Exile fae Main Street

JS"s behaviour in this increasingly tawdry situation has surprised me as I thought he was a decent straight up sort of man. 

Instead he has behaved like a loathsome serpent.

Nobody can blame somebody for wishing to better himself, but there's more than one way of skinning a cat,  and his way involves torturing the poor feline.

Getting to my point, I don't think he went to the Huns to better himself, I think it was down to some boyhood ambition. Apparently his family are over the moon about his move. So, it's not very professional,  more an emotional decision I think.

We have to get something out of this, and the Huns have to be told he won't be playing for us again, scuppering his World Cup opportunities, we have to get down in the sewers with the rats to win this one.

I also think if we get 500k for JS we're laughing as he's basically made of glass and what goes around comes around.

RN must not play him!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I was hoping that we could move on to incoming transfers on this thread. 

There's a whole Souttar thread for people to vent their spleen on. 

What's the latest on new recruits? 

None hence we will be stuck on the latest major development until such times a positive news item establishes itself 

Look at Kinglsey, he signed a longer deal than Halket because that's what he and Hearts agreed. Where will he go in 2025, well it could be Real Madrid or maybe Cowdenbeath, it is nothing to do with Hearts. There is a risk for the player, he could turn out to be another Andy Roberson, so would be under paid in his current deal. Or he could get crocked next week and never kick a ball again. No one knows, but given the current position, the player and club are happy with the deal signed. Neither can change the deal without the agreement of the other, which would include selling to other club, cutting the contract short, or extending it further.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal