** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Any word of this Japanese striker?

Wonder if his club would be interested in a big Scottish international defender on loan for the rest of the season as a wee sweetener? 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

56 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Thanks for clearing that up Malinga. I couldn’t remember the ruling on precontracts. Yes have to admit I am mighty disappointed in Soapy. He pretty much shit on us big time. As my pal said. First game at Tynie. It be like..Cobra Kai and that dirty kick to the sore leg in the final bout. 🤔

I also remember Alan McLaren doing the same many moons ago. Feeling the same resentment. 

Think McLaren was  sold because we needed cash

38 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A confidence player to me these days basically means a pish player, you say confidence player I think Gnanduillet, Roberts or previously guys like Wighton, Clare, Frear, Amankwaa etc. Hastie definitely gives me the Wightons. 

correct, it’s a really poor way to describe someone who once had a wee purple patch but is in reality a pretty poor player, hastie for example has had a decent 4/5 month spell after returning to well after doing toss all at airdrie

jambogirlglasgow
Just now, Sherbet said:

Correct. Hearts needed the cash. Pieman nearly greeting when he said he wasn’t going. 

Not even close to being a similar scenario. 

59 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

If they want to try to sign a player of ours on a pre-contract in the future, they'll try to do so, and they'll offer whatever they want to at that point in time to try to get them straight away. Whether we've accepted or rejected an offer of 400k or whatever for Souttar won't make the slightest difference at that point. The idea that it would is, quite frankly, daft!

You obviously never seen my full post about the situation yesterday.

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Slight differences with McLaren though, we got Macpherson and £1.2m that the club needed, he was pushed out the door by the Pieman and looked gutted to sign for them. 

6 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Oh aye. Forgot about that. We got big donkey and money. Yeh I remember now through my hungover brain. I’m happy we’re sticking to our guns and not selling to guns for cheap. He’ll be shunned by the club  now. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I've thought that Mugabi from Motherwell has looked decent, big unit as well. 

Moore in as a perm and Mugabi in as back up, but knowing Savage it will be a gem we haven't heard of

Mugabi played really well v us in both games.

Need to start looking at centre halves now and see if there's anything decent available now and in the summer.

1 hour ago, Tenor said:

Souttar is a professional footballer. He’s not a Hearts fan.

Thanks to his injuries, he knows he has a very limited shelf life.

A bigger and better team has offered him far more money than we can afford.

Not only will playing with Rangers give him and his family more financial security, but it will provide him with better career opportunities.

Any negative comments towards him is completely unnecessary.

This limited shelf life stuff is a load of tosh, he will be finished with football at 35, a full 33 years before retirement age, plenty time to have a successful 2nd career earning a good living 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, brux said:

This limited shelf life stuff is a load of tosh, he will be finished with football at 35, a full 33 years before retirement age, plenty time to have a successful 2nd career earning a good living 

Indeed, look at the money some of these absolute clowns make in the press, on tv and in the dug out. 

2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Glad to see Roberts gone. An absolutely terrible player. 

Shows how far we've come from signing guys like that.

Bang on

Glad to see Roberts gone. An absolutely terrible player. 

Shows how far we've come from signing guys like that.

I’m amazed Motherwell want him. 

11 minutes ago, brux said:

Or he breaks down again. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m amazed Motherwell want him. 

Me too Dave.

He looked like a guy who'd never played football before when starting at us. Completely gutless on the ball.

Me too Dave.

He looked like a guy who'd never played football before when starting at us. Completely gutless on the ball.

Yip. 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

:cornette:

Souttar is an imposter 

1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

**** him, he’s a rat. 

He’s an imposter and a cheese eating rat go now 

lost in space

If huns don't come up with acceptable offer, can we not loan him out? There will be plenty of teams who would want him for 6 months.

The accepting club pay his wages or part if they can't afford all.

If he refuses to go, he is told he won't play again thus season and he can forget about playing for Scotland.

He would go and it would release a wage.

Morgaro Gomis
1 hour ago, Tenor said:

Souttar is a professional footballer. He’s not a Hearts fan.

Thanks to his injuries, he knows he has a very limited shelf life.

A bigger and better team has offered him far more money than we can afford.

Not only will playing with Rangers give him and his family more financial security, but it will provide him with better career opportunities.

Any negative comments towards him is completely unnecessary.

Wow. You’re everything that’s wrong with Scottish football summed up in one post.

5 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The end of last season saw Souttar just coming back from injury. At that time, he hadn't proved fitness. Now, some would say he could have signed year extension to thank Hearts for covering him missing almost 2 years of his stay.

Instead, he threw the support he has received from Hearts into the gutter and laughed at supporters.

He has confirmed rat like status at Tynecastle, and should be left in no doubt as to what supporters think of him, should he ever play for first team again.

Agree.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

If huns don't come up with acceptable offer, can we not loan him out? There will be plenty of teams who would want him for 6 months.

If he refuses to go, he is told he won't play again thus season and he can forget about playing for Scotland.

Loan him to Celtic 🤣

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Probably but I can’t see the club doing that, not good optics 🤦🏽

Had a feeling this would happen. Noone wants to pay a fee because he's made of plasticine. Since he's moving to a rival i'd prefer not to see him play for us again. He can go to Ibrox and be Prodan mk2

Worth a punt.......?

""Defoe scored 32 times for the club despite making just 33 starts.""

Jermain Defoe has opened up on the reasons behind his Rangers exit after admitting he found it difficult to come to terms with a lack of game-time this season.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/jermain-defoe-explains-rangers-exit-it-was-affecting-me-i-was-bringing-it-home-3528693

Never got the hype about Souttar..better business getting Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley & Smith on new deals 🇱🇻 Would rather we dont see Souttar again. Bye

39 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Wow. You’re everything that’s wrong with Scottish football summed up in one post.

BOOM!!!

Jake Hastie was pretty good when he was younger. What's happened to him? I remember the game at Motherwell when he scored against us and looked like an outstanding prospect.

Overall, the window has been quite positive and we should remain upbeat. Souttar has really ****ed the club with this one and made it as hard as possible to recoup some sort of decent fee. Just need to see how that one plays out.

We really need to focus on bringing in a striker and a centre half and quickly. If we can get JS out and those two players in key positions in, we can go hard for the run in and make this a memorable season.

4 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Jake Hastie was pretty good when he was younger. What's happened to him? I remember the game at Motherwell when he scored against us and looked like an outstanding prospect.

Overall, the window has been quite positive and we should remain upbeat. Souttar has really ****ed the club with this one and made it as hard as possible to recoup some sort of decent fee. Just need to see how that one plays out.

We really need to focus on bringing in a striker and a centre half and quickly. If we can get JS out and those two players in key positions in, we can go hard for the run in and make this a memorable season.

Ruined by Rangers. Sitting in their reserves and being loaned to lower leagues has completely stifled his development. The laddie was flying at Motherwell and looked a real prospect. Had he stayed there and cracked on another season or two playing regularly in the Prem, who knows what could have happened. Instead Rangers did what Rangers do with other teams' promising youngsters. They don't play them, loan them out, and ultimately release them. 

Edited by Batistuta87

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Ruined by Rangers. Sitting in their reserves and being loaned to lower leagues has completely stifled his development. The laddie was flying at Motherwell and looked a real prospect. Had he stayed there and cracked on another season or two playing regularly in the Prem, who knows what could have happened. Instead Rangers did what Rangers do with other teams' promising youngsters. They don't play them, loan them out, and ultimately release them. 

Salvageable or terminally ruined?

Just now, cosanostra said:

We should try and get him back to his best, think the lad given the right manager and team could do well. 

10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We should try and get him back to his best, think the lad given the right manager and team could do well. 

His loan at Partick Thistle didn't get extended because he couldn't break into the starting eleven.

No thanks.

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

His loan at Partick Thistle didn't get extended because he couldn't break into the starting eleven.

No thanks.

He must have really fallen apart.

Hearts were in an unusual position on offering Souttar a new contract given the uncertainty surrounding his fitness when coming back from injury.

That  left the player with all the power regards his next contract /pre contract.

Souttar will always do the best for himself and his family.

Hearts negotiating power only surrounds the next 5 months whilst Souttar is contracted to Hearts.

There are two negotiation positions.

We make it clear to the player that unless we receive an acceptable fee of say £500k and a 10% fee on next transfer he will not play for the Club again.

When Souttar and new club are negotiating Souttar then must convince the new Club to pay that fee. Or he takes the risk of no football dropping out Scotland squad etc.

The second value in the negotiation is understanding how our stance will affect future similar negotiations. Players whilst negotiating with new Clubs will know the consequences of accepting a pre contract that is not favourable to  Hearts FC. Once that is understood every future negotiation becomes far easier.

We need to take a hard stance the fans will back that position and we move on and we prosper.

if our policy is to sign ‘starters’ one by one we improve our team and our bench becomes a place for previous starters.

HHGH

He must have really fallen apart.

In the same way Beni was at Everton, Moore at Bristol City, Ginnelly at Preston 🤔😳

It's a credit to the work done by Savage that I am not too worried about losing Souttar. Yes it hurts to lose a starting caliber CB, especially to Rangers but I suspect whoever we bring in will be a far better player for us. Onwards and upwards!

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

In the same way Beni was at Everton, Moore at Bristol City, Ginnelly at Preston 🤔😳

Beni had disastrous loan spells at 3rd rate Scottish lower league clubs?

Edit - just looked at wiki and it reckons Beni had two loan spells and only played 3 games over two loans. I guess that's a lot like Jake Hastie. I wonder what went wrong.

Beni had disastrous loan spells at 3rd rate Scottish lower league clubs?

Edit - just looked at wiki and it reckons Beni had two loan spells and only played 3 games over two loans. I guess that's a lot like Jake Hastie. I wonder what went wrong.

Everyone is just mad, because Souttar has left Hastie has potential it's getting it out of him, did Halkett not get dropped from Rangers? 

Yet look at how he has improved at us? 

Reality of it is, we don't pay enough yet to hold onto players like Celtic and Rangers do, but even at that Rangers and Celtic still will lose players, what do they try to do though that's different? Secure fees for players, now imagine what Hearts could do with £12mil upfront and £4mil in add ons. 

The only way to be on the same level is too pay more, or to secure more investment. 

Even at that every Scottish club is a selling club. 

The difference they very rarely lose a player that will benefit a direct rival, but you can pick up a few promising youngsters from them that will never get the chance to feature in first team. 

We need to grow as a club, some want it too soon, I'm prepared to wait we will have our time 👍 keep positive. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

7 hours ago, OTT said:

I don't agree with the first bit at all, but the bit in bold is spot on. We've been naive here and its caught us. The contract offer should have been made at the tail end of last season. If he rejected it, then he should have been punted over the summer with time on his deal. 

The club MUST get better at managing the contract situation of its key players. Its entirely possible Gordon, Halket and Kingsley decided on money moves instead and ran their deals down too. I do have confidence in Savage as he actually seems to run a professional outfit (unlike Levein). 

The bit in bold is just wrong. At the tail end of last season, he was only just starting his comeback from his last injury. Nobody knew if he'd come back OK, or be the same player as before. Offering him a lengthy new contract at that point would have been a huge gamble, and if he'd rejected it, there almost certainly wouldn't have been any clubs willing to pay much more than loose change to take him.

Also, with Kingsley and Halkett, it's only in the last few months that they've consistently shown the sort of form to actually merit being offered renewals. 

I'm not saying the club hasn't made mistakes handling contracts in the past, but it's not been the case here.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal