** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Just now, scott herbertson said:

That would have the effect of no one wanting to sign for us 

It may put off some but I really doubt it. Hearts come in for a highly rated young player who then refuses to sign because we may temporarily block his path to the old firm three years later?  Nah. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Rudi cant fail
3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

My worry is that Rangers will offer us Itten instead of cash às part of the Souttar deal instead of cash or would that be good?

Not really as he has played for 2 clubs this season so wouldn’t be able to play for us 

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

My worry is that Rangers will offer us Itten instead of cash às part of the Souttar deal instead of cash or would that be good?

I thought about that about 10 pages back… I think it would be worth a look, Swiss international. Down side is similar toShankland, he’s already played for two clubs this season… so it would be a summer transfer. I don’t recall ever watching him, but he would tick our recruitment boxes (on paper at least.)

1 minute ago, pointon said:

He is just shite

Yeah, why beat around the bush :D He was utter pish that somehow managed to fail in the Championship. 

I've got a funny feeling the club will leave it to Robbie to decide if he wants to keep the snake till the end of the season

Sevco will be offering peanuts and I don't think the club will accept it unless Robbie wants him out .

I can see us keeping him with Rangers coming back in at the very end of the window. A lot then will depend on the snakes attitude and how he's playing.

5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

That would have the effect of no one wanting to sign for us 

Only the ones who want to do a Souttar 😏

46 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just seen this interesting tweet (I know its from a Celtic twitter) but it does the most important piece of business done so far this season is keeping Kingsley

Celtic fans can **** off, Kingsley a surprise? Not for anyone that's watched him, typical attitude that he's not playing in Glasgow so can't be a standout. I know Celtic fans that thought CG was shite until they seen him play for them. ***** to a man 

Just now, EH11 2NL said:

Celtic fans can **** off, Kingsley a surprise? Not for anyone that's watched him, typical attitude that he's not playing in Glasgow so can't be a standout. I know Celtic fans that thought CG was shite until they seen him play for them. ***** to a man 

Incredible we've got him signed up long term. Good on him for wanting to stick around. Should be a mainstay in our team for a good few years. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It may put off some but I really doubt it. Hearts come in for a highly rated young player who then refuses to sign because we may temporarily block his path to the old firm three years later?  Nah. 

Agree, if we’re to be used as a ‘stepping stone’  these days, it’s to England (for those with real ambition). Can’t see it being a put-off for joining us. The uglies, whether they like it or not, are an irrelevance outside Scotland these days.  
Very disappointed with JS over this one. 

If he’s had a medical, he would need Hearts permission to do so, which would mean a fee has been agreed. 

If he was to simply sign a PCA, I’d imagine this would be subject to a medical in the summer as a lot can happen between now and then, especially with him. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

They can take their bigoted biscuit tin offer and **** off. 

correct and offer him a boot up the arse on his way out

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Incredible we've got him signed up long term. Good on him for wanting to stick around. Should be a mainstay in our team for a good few years. 

Couldn't agree more mate, tremendous deal for us. Says a lot for the club that a player playing so well wants to stick around and for so long. He wouldn't of been short of offers. Deserves a call up, far superior to some of the huddies that have been selected recently.

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly. The sort of players with that mindset have marbles for brains. Lafferty for example. If they only have eyes for either side of the bigoted twins then we should move on, at our level in our market players are a dime a dozen. Always someone just as good ready to step up. 

Beyond that its comical - Not a chance a young player with anything about them would knock back signing for us because we wouldn't entertain a move west. The positive spin on it is that we would push them to challenge themselves down south. 

We are a selling club, that is our position in the market. But its up to us on whether we willingly sell to the arsecheeks or if decide we refuse to be a feeder team for our rivals and leave that to diddy clubs.

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

undisclosed amount would be my guess

Somehow doesn't seem right that it should remain undisclosed to the owners of the club...

4 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good for you being all grown up and adult about it. Personally, he's shitting on the club I support and potentially going to a club I detest.

I therefore reserve the right to abuse anyone who signs for the sectarian loving, soap avoiding, knuckle dragging, zombie following, bunch of ***** known as Rangers.

Wow.

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

Somehow doesn't seem right that it should remain undisclosed to the owners of the club...

yup

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Looks like it’s happening 

Hope their new soap turns out like this

Stinky Stuff

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just seen this interesting tweet (I know its from a Celtic twitter) but it does the most important piece of business done so far this season is keeping Kingsley

Interesting!

Great statement by the club btw

2 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Hopefully all the ground work has been done as regards the replacement and we can get it done quickly. 

Not sure there will be one until the summer. Taylor-Moore in the meantime which will weaken us a bit.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Not sure there will be one until the summer. Taylor-Moore in the meantime which will weaken us a bit.

I think having a proper RWB actually improves us by a greater margin

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Can’t fault that statement. Best he goes now but the issue is Goldson is there until the end of the season so Huns may not want to play ball. 

Morgaro Gomis

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but the wording of the statement indicates that the club only found out following Rangers announcement. Hope I’m wrong as that would make Souttar even more of snake than I already think he is.

Edited by Morgaro Gomis

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think we will sign another centre back. 

Popcorn time. 

Wonder if we will get a decent fee or if rangers will have to wait.

Edited by Homme

1 minute ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but the wording of the statement indicates that the club only found out following Rangers announcement. Hope I’m wrong as that would make Souttar even more of than I already think he is.

It’s hard to read it  any other way. 

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, GinRummy said:

Can’t fault that statement. Best he goes now but the issue is Goldson is there until the end of the season so Huns may not want to play ball. 

I really don't understand Souttar signing a pre contract now he could have a storming 2nd half to the season and have even more bargaining power with clubs then.Unless of course he is going now.

Absolutely disgusted with him. Should never get the privilege of pulling on the jersey again. BUT the club needs to be strong and make him see out his contract with the associated abuse. Its entirely warranted and hopefully its bad enough and sour enough to leave an impression so it doesn't happen again.

****ing rodent. 

scott herbertson
19 minutes ago, OTT said:

Bollocks, the only path not open to them as a Hearts player is signing for the OF. Going down south to challenge themselves they go with the best wishes of everyone associated with the club. If we sign a player who is purely interested in playing for either of the gruesome twosome, I don't ****ing want them defiling our jersey. 

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Only the ones who want to do a Souttar 😏

Someone from abroad thinking about signing for us would just see us preventing o disadvantaging a player leaving for a higher salary at a higher rated club.

I hate the idea of any of our players going to the old firm (my hate of this goes back 54 years to when my boyhood hero Willie Wallace went to Celtic for a paltry £30k) so I totally understand the desire to prevent it.

But punishing players who try to do it is the wrong way to go about it in my opinion, and is just cutting our noses to spite our faces.

The problem with most of the players who have done this to us - Webster, Ritchie and now maybe Soutar is that they were near the end of their contracts. 

The answer to me lies in better earlier management of contract negotiations - not something we could really have done with Soutar but we seem to have achieved it with Kingsley and Halket 

Morgaro Gomis
Just now, GinRummy said:

It’s hard to react any other way. 

Yeah, possibly mate and I’m not downing the statement - I think it’s a good one from Hearts.

Im just saying the wording of it gives me the impression that’s how we found out and he didn’t confirm to us his intentions. Could be reading far too far into it though!

Malinga the Swinga

Have him nowhere near first team against St Johnstone but play him against Auchinleck Talbot for first 30 seconds, before subbing him.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

I really don't understand Souttar signing a pre contract now he could have a storming 2nd half to the season and have even more bargaining power with clubs then.Unless of course he is going now.

Could mean he’s going now. Could be he just sees his future at Rangers and doesn’t want to move to England or abroad. 

Clark Griswold
3 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but the wording of the statement indicates that the club only found out following Rangers announcement. Hope I’m wrong as that would make Souttar even more of snake than I already think he is.

This is how I read it too. No way he can play for the club now if he stays beyond the window 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic