** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Rick Sanchez
7 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

We will miss his goals and goal threat over course of season. Hope thats being considered. 

You're lucky if he's scored about five in his entire time here.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

51 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Where is this from?

They've got the wrong Sheffield club too going by previous reports.

16 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

We will miss his goals and goal threat over course of season. Hope thats being considered. 

Stuart Findlay has scored more goals at SPFL level than Souttar. He's taller as well.

1 hour ago, 19/05/2012 said:

If we are signing Findlay surely it’s as a long term replacement for Halkett or Kingsley

Surely it's as a replacement for Cochrane who is only here on loan. Kingsley can easily be moved out wider. Then if we don't sign Taylor-Moore this summer we'll just need a replacement for him.

Findlay could be a decent shout but IMO if we sign another CH we shouldn't be trying to "replace" Souttar.

Rather than panic buy, I'd rather see us get a 20yo or some such with potential to develop. Kingsley-Halkett-Moore (assuming we don't lose any of them) is a perfectly fine starting back line with Smith and Haring as cover. Get in a young player to fill out the numbers and take the field in a pinch.

We don't need major recruitment, beyond the striker position (and Atkinson obvs). We need to extend our major contributors who are out of contract.

As for Soapy, my hunch is that nothing has happened because no club wants to ink the pre-contract without an early transfer fee agreed. I think we'll hear about a pre and a fee at the same time, or else nothing will happen at all.

We tried to sign Findlay last year and then Branthwaite (left-sided CB) in the summer, so I don't think it's connected to Kingsley's contract. There'll just be some reshuffling involved.

As far as I see it, signing Findlay would offer the following:

- Halkett would have competition and cover in the centre of the back three. We've struggled when he's been absent because we don't have an alternative commanding presence. 

- We would have a more physical/defensive option at LCB. We wouldn't even have to drop Kingsley because he can shift to LWB.

Moore would effectively be the Souttar replacement, with Atkinson's arrival allowing him to play more in his natural position.

As for Findlay himself, I've not paid enough attention to his performances to say how good he is for sure, but I'm slightly wary about signing ex-Killie players who did well under Clarke. Not many (none?) of them have gone onto better things.

Edited by DC_92

Findlay would be a good replacement for Souttar, wouldn't mind Liam Lindsay either, I'm sure Savage has it sorted. 

I wonder if we could start using this sort of recruitment to help us going forward, 

Looking on the bright side, Findlay may have improved as a player and he may improve even further with us.

Tough choice if if he has offers from us and Hibs.  Could take him nearly 10 seconds to decide.  Mind you, if Porty goes to Barca, Hibs will have lashings of money.  Unless Ron pockets it of cpurse.

WheatfieldWarrior
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

A golf kart accident involving Smith, Halkett, Kingsley and Moore? 

Halliday                                    Atkinson

Cochrane Neilson Haring

Gordon

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Findlay would give us something we are missing atm. 

Left footed, big heed the baw central half. 

He's not as good as Souttar but he gives the team something we are missing a bit, height and aggression. 

Doesnt matter anyway. You’ve told us that Smith is as good as Souttar so that’s sorted. Findlay only has to be as good or better than Kingsley. 

Neither Haring or Smith should be considered as a replacement for Souttar for the remainder of the season. For one or two games, maybe but as a replacement for the rest of the season, please no.

Smith in particular would leave us vulnerable to anyone with pace.

Souttar might not be the quickest but in comparison to those 2, he’s Usain Bolt.

7 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

If Soapy goes I wonder if Smith might be moved to CB if there's no replacement. 

Surely Taylor Moore just goes to his natural position of RCH.

If Findlay comes in at LCH, Kingsley moves to LWB.

Maroonblood22
49 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Agree 100%. This is the most logical solution to see us through to the end of the season.

51 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

This. Smith is struggling to get into the team for me. Longer term we need to replace soapy and smith. 

56 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I'd be more surprised if we didn't get Findlay now tbh. The fact we are losing a CB and we narrowly missed out on him before speaks for itself.

And aye, that's exactly how we line up. Don't want Smith to leave as he can cover at least three positions and we have a small squad but he's not a guaranteed starter any more imo.

8 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

With Atkinson coming in I would be surprised if we just completely dropped smith from the starting 11 so it could help that situation also 

Atkinson will be Devlin-like in his impact on the team. Looks a proper good player. 

As for Findlay, surely the natural solution at the back would be

Atkinson, Moore, Halkett, Findlay, Kingsley/Cochrane

for the foreseeable?? Moore replaces Souttar, Kingsley goes to LWB, Findlay to LCB. 

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Atkinson will be Devlin-like in his impact on the team. Looks a proper good player. 

As for Findlay, surely the natural solution at the back would be

Atkinson, Moore, Halkett, Findlay, Kingsley/Cochrane

for the foreseeable?? Moore replaces Souttar, Kingsley goes to LWB, Findlay to LCB. 

👍

12 hours ago, GinRummy said:

You’re not going to get professional football commentators on a fan forum. What do you expect other than amateurs with a wide range of views?

Folk to talk about the club, gossip etc. Not to act like they are Alan Hanson on the MOTD couch. 

8 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Folk to talk about the club, gossip etc. Not to act like they are Alan Hanson on the MOTD couch. 

😀 made me laugh. 

9 minutes ago, db211833 said:

You'll never win anything with left backs at centre half

Stuart Findlay is Hearts' John Souttar replacement target as Jambos 'step up' bid to land Philadelphia Union defender

From Football Scotland don't know if it's true. On Facebook. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Halliday                                    Atkinson

Cochrane Neilson Haring

Gordon

🤣🤣

I’m a bit meh on Findlay. He can’t replace souttar cause he isn’t a LCB. I also like Kingsley playing there as he can rotate with Cochrane when needed, and I don’t think SF would be able to play LWB. I’m really hoping Moore can step up but I think he’s too soft in the air to play up here.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We 100% need to get some Height and Power into this team,even more so if Souttar is away.

Yip, Findlay will give us that 

Leveins Battalion

Being honest I’d be happy with signings like Findlay and Shankland.Whilst it’s nice to pull guys like Devlin from obscurity we always need a Scottish core at Hearts IMO.

Jamboscanbevicius

I’m not sure about Findlay, but I’m struggling to think of a better Scottish alternative. And he is at an age where he could grow into it and be a revelation. Worth the risk IMO.

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Being honest I’d be happy with signings like Findlay and Shankland.Whilst it’s nice to pull guys like Devlin from obscurity we always need a Scottish core at Hearts IMO.

Totally. Shankland is a finisher, and in this Hearts side he'd score plenty.

Findlay is a sold centre half who would rise to the challenge and relish playing for Hearts - similar to Halkett. 

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, Findlay will give us that 

He’ll also give us a project to sort out the ring rust and damaged confidence of having not kicked a ball in about 2 years. He’ll be nowhere near competitiveness right now and for me would offer nothing between now and May. Needs a full pre season to be anywhere near the level we need. But maybe that’s ok as he would initially just be cover, we have Moore-Halks-Kingsley as a starting back 3 with Smith and Cochrane adequate cover. I would not see Findlay as a “straight in the starting 11” type signing which I would think is what he would demand because if he moves it’s to get playing. 

We’re not going to get a player as good as Souttar, but we could get one who brings different aspects to the team - Findlay could do that. We could certainly do a lot worse.

Not sure about Shankland though. We do need a finisher, but his record last year was hardly stellar. Also suspect he is ineligible as he has played for two clubs already this season.

8 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Not in the least bit interested in the nationality of our players. The best team/squad that we can put together is the correct answer. You would not consider putting say Halliday in the team due to his Scottishness.

2 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Not in the least bit interested in the nationality of our players. The best team/squad that we can put together is the correct answer. You would not consider putting say Halliday in the team due to his Scottishness.

It's a squad game. We'll need home grown players for Europe.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He’ll also give us a project to sort out the ring rust and damaged confidence of having not kicked a ball in about 2 years. He’ll be nowhere near competitiveness right now and for me would offer nothing between now and May. Needs a full pre season to be anywhere near the level we need. But maybe that’s ok as he would initially just be cover, we have Moore-Halks-Kingsley as a starting back 3 with Smith and Cochrane adequate cover. I would not see Findlay as a “straight in the starting 11” type signing which I would think is what he would demand because if he moves it’s to get playing. 

Possibly, but when it comes to centre halves as long as they can defend then I'm happy to improve other parts of the team. 

I really don't think it takes a centre half long to  get up to speed, particularly one that has played in the league before. 

IMO, we are over thinking the loss of Souttar at least in the short term. 

IMO more important we get a second striker in and if possible replace walker with a another forward player if he leaves. 

If Souttar leaves, as it stands just now we're are as is and if we get Findlay we actually have a bit more balance and more cover. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Agreed, but Shankland can't play for us this season so we need to look elsewhere atm. 

Findlay isn't as good a player as Souttar but he brings something we are missing atm. 

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Possibly, but when it comes to centre halves as long as they can defend then I'm happy to improve other parts of the team. 

I really don't think it takes a centre half long to  get up to speed, particularly one that has played in the league before. 

IMO, we are over thinking the loss of Souttar at least in the short term. 

IMO more important we get a second striker in and if possible replace walker with a another forward player if he leaves. 

If Souttar leaves, as it stands just now we're are as is and if we get Findlay we actually have a bit more balance and more cover. 

It took Craig Halkett 2 ****ing years to get up to speed so for me that’s not right. 

So it’s whether he would accept the role of cover to the end of the season. With a view to building up to being a starter next season. Takes the pressure off him a bit and view it as a long term plan. But I would have an issue if Findlay came in demanding starts from next week. And if he went straight in our 11 it could be costly, if the wheels come off due to sloppy defending the fans will not be happy. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Malinga the Swinga

You can sense the anti Neilson warriors preparing their posts with whoever we sign will be shite and we should instead have signed whoever Hibs/Aberdeen sign.

Why not wait till we sign someone and judge him in their performance on park.

Leveins Battalion
9 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

There is no guarantee that signing a Scottish player over a foreigner will prove to be more successful but I think we have been burned too many times the last 5 years.

Hopefully Savage,Lancefield and Brown will mean that the days of Martin and Damour like signings are confined to history.

I have no doubt that there will be some pleasant surprises the next 3 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed, but Shankland can't play for us this season so we need to look elsewhere atm. 

Findlay isn't as good a player as Souttar but he brings something we are missing atm. 

Is that 100%?  I know last season they temporarily changed the ruling to 3 clubs in one season, can't see whether it has been scrapped or carried over to this season 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, lou said:

Is that 100%?  I know last season they temporarily changed the ruling to 3 clubs in one season, can't see whether it has been scrapped or carried over to this season 

Ooh, interesting! 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It took Craig Halkett 2 ****ing years to get up to speed so for me that’s not right. 

So it’s whether he would accept the role of cover to the end of the season. With a view to building up to being a starter next season. Takes the pressure off him a bit and view it as a long term plan. But I would have an issue if Findlay came in demanding starts from next week. And if he went straight in our 11 it could be costly, if the wheels come off due to sloppy defending the fans will not be happy. 

I can't see us getting a match fit, Souttar type defender who will slot right into the team and adjust to Scottish football instantly. 

I'd be happy with Findlay and our defensive options if he signed. 

I think at least 1 new forward is more important. 

13 minutes ago, lou said:

It didn't need scrapped due to the way it was written.

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs, subject to the temporary exceptions below. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

i. During the following period, players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs and are eligible to play official matches for three clubs during one season:

a)  for associations following a dual-year calendar: the 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons; and

b) for associations following a single-year calendar: the 2020 season.

28 minutes ago, karipidis said:

A bit concerning Findlay can’t get a game for his club in MLS? 

Not completely sold on Findlay but to be fair the MLS is a better league than people give it credit for and Philadelphia are one of the better teams (finished 2nd in their Conference and got to the semis in the Playoffs). I think I'd be more interested in one of their other CBs Jack Elliott (who also qualifies for Scotland) but probably a bit beyond us. 

I’m sure the uncertainty surrounding the Souttar contract negotiations isn’t something that will have taken anyone within Hearts by surprise.

The press reports linking Hearts with Findlay are IMHO pure guesswork, similar to their previous perceived stories about Gordon leaving Hearts etc - never any quotes.

As has been mentioned previously in this thread there are many thing's that Souttar to consider before signing any contract.

1) Financial - this could be his best opportunity to secure a decent pay check. I’m sure his brother will have had input into this.

2) Future Scotland caps - he needs to maximise playing 1st team football.

3) Location - It has been mentioned a few times that he co-owns a coffee shop and is also close to his family.

I’m sure there are probably many other considerations which I haven’t mentioned however these I believe will be his priorities.

I did think about his ‘Loyalty to Hearts’ with regards to his injuries etc (probably stick coming my way) and perhaps his way of ensuring Hearts get some cash is insisting he moves in January - who knows.

I seem to recall about a month ago Neilson being quoted that he was ‘confident’ that Souttar would sign when asked about the new contract offer he’d been offered - so who knows.

I do believe that whatever happens the recruitment team will be prepared for it and will have identified suitable replacements should they be required,

11 hours ago, john thomas said:

Many on here have droned on for ever about getting a left footed CH . 

Now there is a possibility of getting one what happens ?

Was merely pointing out that Findlay is left footed so doesn't directly replace Soapy.  I've not banged on about a left sided CB - I think Kingsley is brilliant there.  What you've done is mistake me for many on here, where in fact, I'm just me.

I wasn't moaning!

Fact if if we bring in Findlay, keep Halkett and Kingsley, with Moore and Smith, Cochrane, Natty Dred and even Haring, our defensive options are superb.  Be interesting what our "best" 3/5 would be.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic