** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

7 hours ago, pointon said:

To all the sensitive ones a striker has been our priority/weakness for the passed to windows we don’t get that right Joe and his bag of experts have failed

Dissa

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

4 hours ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Signed Simms on Football Manager last year and he was the dugs baws, so for that reason… I’m in 👍🏼

Should just sign that Dobbin as well he is also class on FM 😁

Maroonblood22
5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Should just sign that Dobbin as well he is also class on FM 😁

Ooooh I haven't signed him before, but I don't know why we have this whole recruitment department when we could just use FM! :lol: 

7 hours ago, Costanza said:

Is there a stipulation that highlight videos are always required to have utterly sh1te music?

Anyway, I have no thoughts on signing this lad, thought I'd just have a moan at the music.

Was just thinking the same. Where do they go to find the screeching screaming shite that gets played over these clips? Shit music R Us?

7 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

I reckon Simms will be on the bench the evening 💪🏻.

Won't be allowed to be registered in time as we play Celtic 🤣

5 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

You do know Usain Bolt is 6'5" ?

EDIT: I see someone has beaten me to it. Too slow as always. That's why I replied - I'm 6'4" and really slow. I mean obviously I'm slow now, but even at my peak 40 years ago I was a very slow No.9. 

Aye Usain Bolt isn't normal though lol. He's an absolute one-off, some sort of elite species of human, and nobody else in the world is like him. Ronaldo is quick and tall too, but again he's different gravy compared to 99.99% people in the world. 

As your edit suggests and as I can confirm as a fellow big dude, big dudes generally a bit slower, especially when it comes to footballers. 

fabienleclerq

Maybe the quality we are after just isn't available permanently now, so a loan to cover us until the end of the year with a player knocking on an EPL teams first team isn't a bad option. 

Could be we try to get him permanent at the end of the season or that we can then sign shankland or the Japanese guy. We are third comfortably with the squad we have. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Maybe the quality we are after just isn't available permanently now, so a loan to cover us until the end of the year with a player knocking on an EPL teams first team isn't a bad option. 

Could be we try to get him permanent at the end of the season or that we can then sign shankland or the Japanese guy. We are third comfortably with the squad we have. 

it’s the correct option imo.  All too often we have been desperate in a difficult market and used up resources on the wrong player. 

3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

It's never comfortable.We have a small squad so a few injuries and things can quickly turn

StevenNaismith
On 21/01/2022 at 01:02, StevenNaismith said:

Relax folks, we have an unbelievable recruitment team in place. They are working on a couple of exciting forward options on permanent deals but signing good players is hard in January. If they don’t manage to pull it off then I’d envisage a loan or two from down south to tide us over til the summer window when it’s a lot easier. 

With the news about Ellis Simms then I can only imagine we’ve given up on the permanent deals we were trying to get done.

fabienleclerq
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

it’s the correct option imo.  All too often we have been desperate in a difficult market and used up resources on the wrong player. 

Absolutely, collecting players for the sake of it has been disastrous for us for years now. I'm not adverse to loans for decent players, we keep hearing about long terms but the reality if a loan player plugs the gap and keeps us picking up 3rd place we will achieve long term goals in tandem. 

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's never comfortable.We have a small squad so a few injuries and things can quickly turn

8 points is a comfortable gap, Aberdeen losing last night I think rules them out catching us. If we get something tonight, beat hibs I think they are gone too. Motherwell again we put to bed if we beat them. 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

If he is this close to their first team then a loan is more likely compared to signing permanently 

Looks built like a tank!! Never a bad thing, hopefully Beni can get a word in for us.

ScandinavianJambo

We need physical strength up front, currently we are short of that ...here is for hoping, certainly better then nout...

31 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

8 points is a comfortable gap, Aberdeen losing last night I think rules them out catching us. If we get something tonight, beat hibs I think they are gone too. Motherwell again we put to bed if we beat them. 

It's only comfortable if we keep winning 👍

I’m not convinced. I don’t think Barry has contacts at Hearts anymore, the only other press running with it is the Daily Record who will just be copying the EN for hits.

No press on Merseyside have mentioned it and get the feeling they are  close to the clubs and sure they mentioned Beni and Woodburn first.

To be fair to Barry seeing the desperation on JKB I’d have thrown us a bone for hits too.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, pointon said:

To all the sensitive ones a striker has been our priority/weakness for the passed to windows we don’t get that right Joe and his bag of experts have failed

Aye, failing to 3rd in the League on promotion. 

The only thing failing is certain posters. 

I think our quick and relative success under a certain person makes them angry and they straw clutch at things to moan about. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

We need physical strength up front, currently we are short of that ...here is for hoping, certainly better then nout...

It's really not. 

We also don't need that up front, quite the opposite Tbh. 

Fast, makes runs and technically good. 

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Makes sense. 

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, the general said:

If its in the media then hopefully it's a done deal

And rock up at Tynecastle tonight and score the winner😀

29 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Someone go to the airport 

Someone go to Waverley

Someone go to Tynecastle 

Cheers lads 👍🏻😂

What if he gets the bus🙈

6 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

What if he gets the bus🙈

Nah he's a footballer... They think buses are just for getting from the hotel to the stadium :) 

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Nah he's a footballer... They think buses are just for getting from the hotel to the stadium :) 

I think you fin they take a coach. :verysmug: 

12 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

What if he gets the bus🙈

Only druggies and schemes use busses, not even Scousers would use LRT.

Can't wrap my head around people complaining about loan signings. We've identified the strikers we want, that fit into our style of play. If our primary targets turn us down for whatever reason, would you prefer getting someone in who we have no obligation to keep paying potentially with the option of keeping or some absolute dross on a 2,3 year contract?

Our goal is to qualify for Europe in third not to sign players for the sake of it.

16 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Callum Paterson..   Give it a rest, he's utter shite.

He will be at St Johnstone soon with his mate Stevie May not good enough for Hearts and won't make us better. 

48 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Someone go to Waverley

Someone go to Tynecastle 

Cheers lads 👍🏻😂

He will get off at Haymarket 😂

49 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, failing to 3rd in the League on promotion. 

The only thing failing is certain posters. 

I think our quick and relative success under a certain person makes them angry and they straw clutch at things to moan about. 

Edited by bawheed
error

1 minute ago, Cut The Crap said:

10 goals in our last 4 games. "Attacking void"...

Umm 5 were against a part time team mate 

1 minute ago, Cut The Crap said:

10 goals in our last 4 games. "Attacking void"...

We do have a positional void, Boyce is our only out and out striker (pending Henderson)

joondalupjambo
59 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Someone go to Waverley

Someone go to Tynecastle

Someone go to Greggs on Gorgie Road 

Cheers lads 👍🏻😂

FTFY :pleased:

1 hour ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Not really.

Not seen us out muscled up front this season and i would rather we continued to try and play our way around defences than simply launch missiles to the likes of Cole Stockton.

joondalupjambo

Boyce is our 9 so anyone we are talking to may not get enough game time because they will not be our main striker and my only play now and again.  It therefore makes it difficult to sign folk on a permanent deal I would have thought, unless we offer silly money and a long contract to sit part time on the bench, we will not do that hopefully.

Edited by joondalupjambo

In press this morning, Lyle Taylor apparently has a loan move almost sorted away from Nottingham Forest

No mention of where.

A possibility for 6 months????

Would offer us something different to Boyce and knows the league

48 minutes ago, the general said:

If its in the media then hopefully it's a done deal

Doubtful.  Half the time, the media gets their information from people posting on here :lol:

I've always been tempted to spend time putting together some fairly convincing photoshopped photos of someone at training, or in Edinburgh, with a scoop that they've arrived at Tynecastle to meet the manager, posting a thread on here with a name and then seeing how long it takes before the Evening News run it as a story. :lol:

Then I remember this happened:

donsprank.jpg

4 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

In press this morning, Lyle Taylor apparently has a loan move almost sorted away from Nottingham Forest

No mention of where.

A possibility for 6 months????

Would offer us something different to Boyce and knows the league

Always wanted us to sign him. He would score goals for fun up here. Had a spell at Falkirk years ago so he would be familiar with life in Scotland.

17 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Umm 5 were against a part time team mate 

I forgot that those don't count. :rolleyes:

We don't have many strikers, but there's no "attacking void" given how much time everyone other than Gordon, Halkett, and Kingsley spend in and around the opposition box.  

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal