Baseball World Series 2021

Silvery_Moon

So at midnight tonight Game 5 of the fall classic will begin with the Atlanta Braves holding a 3-1 lead over the Houston Astros in the best of 7 series. 

I've followed the Braves since Channel 5 started baseball coverage in 1997. They haven't won a world series since 1995 and I can tell you that following them is very similar to following Hearts. Can be a roller coaster at times that's for sure.

Last year was a huge disappointment losing to the Dodgers 4-3 in the NLCS having held a 3-1 lead. 

This year however they overcame the Dodgers 4-2 at the same stage to set up their first World Series appearance since 1999.

I am hoping they can finally get their hands on the big one after waiting so long but won't be getting my hopes up too much as similar to Hearts they know how to kick you in the teeth. Without question this is a huge opportunity though. 

4 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

So at midnight tonight Game 5 of the fall classic will begin with the Atlanta Braves holding a 3-1 lead over the Houston Astros in the best of 7 series. 

I've followed the Braves since Channel 5 started baseball coverage in 1997. They haven't won a world series since 1995 and I can tell you that following them is very similar to following Hearts. Can be a roller coaster at times that's for sure.

Last year was a huge disappointment losing to the Dodgers 4-3 in the NLCS having held a 3-1 lead. 

This year however they overcame the Dodgers 4-2 at the same stage to set up their first World Series appearance since 1999.

I am hoping they can finally get their hands on the big one after waiting so long but won't be getting my hopes up too much as similar to Hearts they know how to kick you in the teeth. Without question this is a huge opportunity though. 

Try being a Red Sox fan , I hope they win it as I’d rather that than the Astro’s. Today though its come out that Jerry Remy passed away yesterday. Absolute legend of a man and one who has made me laugh repeatedly over the years doing colour commentary on the sox “here comes the pizza” is one of my all time favourites but there was so many , Orsillo , Remy and Eckersley may never be matched in terms of how much fun they brought to the booth as a team but RemDawg was front and centre to it all 🍻 

Edited by sadj

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Try being a Red Sox fan , I hope they win it as I’d rather that than the Astro’s. Today though its come out that Jerry Remy passed away yesterday. Absolute legend of a man and one who has made me laugh repeatedly over the years doing colour commentary on the sox “here comes the pizza” is one of my all time favourites but there was so many , Orsillo , Remy and Eckersley may never be matched in terms of how much fun they brought to the booth as a team but RemDawg was front and centre to it all 🍻 

Living in the Boston area I watched and listened to Jerry for many years. He was a fantastic color guy and so far from being a Red Sox homer as so many other American local commentators can be. Was sad to wake up to the news of his passing this morning. Sure NESN and the Sox will have a fine tribute to him very soon.

8 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Living in the Boston area I watched and listened to Jerry for many years. He was a fantastic color guy and so far from being a Red Sox homer as so many other American local commentators can be. Was sad to wake up to the news of his passing this morning. Sure NESN and the Sox will have a fine tribute to him very soon.

I reckon so too , there is already quite an outpouring on twitter from the likes of Don Orsillo , Jenny Dell and current NESN staff.

I think the Sox commentators both on NESN and on WEEI (or at least when Joe Castiglione is on) are superb , they are very much like Lawrie and Jimmy in how they can be fair and respectful to the opposition. Hate when I get stuck listening to the Yes Network for games 🤯🤣 RemDawg was brilliant , lost count the number of times iv been creased listening to him, Eck and Orsillo and latterly him, Eck and OB He will be sorely missed in the booth thats for sure. Im glad he got to throw out the first pitch against the Yankees too. Buenos Nachos Amigo ❤️🤘🏻