Rugby union autumn internationals.

Tazio

Captain Sausage

Pretty dire performance from Scotland. The players who stood out were McLean, Scott and Haining. All were dreadful. 

Townsend has, for no real reason, put himself in for a lot of deserved stick. That team selection was awful. 

19 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Anyone else get fecked off with the all blacks dicking about before the game starts? 

I get fed up with it. At work so not watching but know what you mean.

Seymour M Hersh
26 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Anyone else get fecked off with the all blacks dicking about before the game starts? 

I thought they weren't allowed to do that now due to cultural appropriation. 

Entertaining game at Murrayfield against Japan just now. Scotland just scored a great try and Hogg is now the Scottish try scoring record holder. A record that amazingly has stood for 88 years! 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good start by England 

It's not often I say this but I hope England smash them - and so far that's how it's shaping up. 

6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's not often I say this but I hope England smash them - and so far that's how it's shaping up. 

Yeah.

Not a game I would normally watch. 

By the way the South Africans have absolutely no idea how much they are hated now. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah.

Not a game I would normally watch. 

By the way the South Africans have absolutely no idea how much they are hated now

They know, they know.😉

Anyway, England conceding too many pens and the Boks are happy to kick 3 points. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Scotland's line out.

The difference between challenging for 6 Nations or not. 

We were far too scrappy and it led to ill-discipline. No way should we have found ourselves in a position where we were a man down for 10 minutes (a fully deserved card). The teams that beat England and France in the 6N were far better organised.

B93-AE00-F-8-D72-4-CFA-B244-36872-C2-A0-
rene naylor doing the same v England on the park barking instructions instead of being on the sidelines as she did on the lions tour and it was picked up did she do that last weekend?

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

They know, they know.😉

Anyway, England conceding too many pens and the Boks are happy to kick 3 points. 

It’s hard to support England against anyone once the Twickenham crowd start. Arseholes to a man. 

England actually have a lot to think about. And South Africa have exposed a lot of their limitations in an aggressive, fighting performance that gives them credit. 

But a win's a win. 

Great effort by the aussies to come within a whisker of defeating the Welsh with only 14 players. That will be a hard one to take. 

11 minutes ago, conn artist said:

Great effort by the aussies to come within a whisker of defeating the Welsh with only 14 players. That will be a hard one to take. 

I didn’t watch it and sounds like a good one. I didn’t want to watch every match all day but definitely want to watch France - New Zealand as they’re normally good ones. 

Looks like I made the right choice. France doing France things and 24-6 up after 34 minutes playing the type of rugby that’s so good to watch when it works. 

The france v nzl match last night was phenomenal. France played incredibly well. Dupont and ntamack and both very special players but they have talent all over the squad. 

13-0

Just watched France v New Zealand.

New Zealand commentators at end said France have beaten New Zealand thirteen times. 

Highlights 

I read a news article a couple of weeks ago about the home Welsh games and the booze culture at them. Lots of complains about the ground basically being a massive pub on match days and the game being secondary to a lot of people and bad behaviour endemic. 

• 4 weeks later...
Malinga the Swinga
32 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I see Edinburgh Rugby have signed Sam Skinner from Exeter fro next season. Great signing imo. 

Cut to wage cap in England will sees few players moving from premiership. Hogg's contract up soon and rumours are he will move on. Can't see him coming back to Scotland so wonder if France is calling.

What's the verdict on how Scotland are progressing?. I'm no GT fan, but I feel I may be a tad harsh on him. And our stand off, but he just annoys me at times.

Malinga the Swinga
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What's the verdict on how Scotland are progressing?. I'm no GT fan, but I feel I may be a tad harsh on him. And our stand off, but he just annoys me at times.

Think Russell is a one off and we are lucky to have him. I'm no GT fan either but we need 6 nations with fans to judge him. The games with no-one there are different, same as football.

First 15 are strong, but we need more depth.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Think Russell is a one off and we are lucky to have him. I'm no GT fan either but we need 6 nations with fans to judge him. The games with no-one there are different, same as football.

First 15 are strong, but we need more depth.

I mind I kind of had an angry moment and criticised FR on here. :runaway:

I think we can do great things, if we could become ruthless. And yes, we do need more strength in depth.

Edited by ri Alban