UK Commercial Fishing Row

Restonbabe

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Who's saying that on the thread ? 

Well you were inferring it in an earlier post. Even although Germany and indeed Poland have significant shortages of HGV drivers. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ked

• frankblack

• NANOJAMBO

• Pans Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well you were inferring it in an earlier post. Even although Germany and indeed Poland have significant shortages of HGV drivers. 

I didn't infer anything I was quoting the UK Road Haulage Association, as I made clear but I see it's another "here we go again" moment for some on here even though it's been done to death already.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I didn't infer anything I was quoting the UK Road Haulage Association, as I made clear but I see it's another "here we go again" moment for some on here even though it's been done to death already.

Is that the RHA who have been expelled from Government briefings due to their fake news and leaking confidential information to start a panic? The association headed up by the EU fanatic ex BBC journalist? That RHA?

The French annoy me so I admit my posts are biased.

If you think the English establishment have post colonial illusions of grandeur it's nothing compared to that lot.

😂😂

Night night all sorry for my whatever it is.

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is that the RHA who have been expelled from Government briefings due to their fake news and leaking confidential information to start a panic? The association headed up by the EU fanatic ex BBC journalist? That RHA?

😂😂

That's the un saying as we are licking the french bottom.

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

We've been through this at length. Keep up. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

8 minutes ago, Ked said:

😂😂

That's the un saying as we are licking the french bottom.

You seem to have a wee fixation about licking bottoms. Whatever floats your boat

Just now, XB52 said:

You seem to have a wee fixation about licking bottoms. Whatever floats your boat

As long as they arent french 

😂😂😛👌

31 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

"I'm not a nationalist but I support independence". Surely that's exactly what a nationalist is. 

Yes indeed; if you're an idiot that is, which you're not.

What you are however is happy to stoop to petty - and dare I say idiotic - point-scoring if it suits your agenda.

I'm not a nationalist as I do not believe Scotland is better than any other country, nor I do not believe Scottish people are any better than any other people, and I do not believe Scottish culture is any better than any other. What I do believe is that Scotland would be better making its own decisions and governing itself according to the wishes, aspirations, and votes of its own electorate, rather than those of the electorate of a neighbouring country with ten times the population.

8 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

With the economy about to return to its pre pandemic size, surely that means that brexit has done almost nothing at all?

25 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

With the economy about to return to its pre pandemic size, surely that means that brexit has done almost nothing at all?

According to the OBR, the pandemic is predicted to cause a 2% reduction in GDP while Brexit will cause a 4% decrease.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59070020.amp

8 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What happened to the "Auld Alliance" 🤣

It must have went the same way as the "Entente Cordiale".

WorldChampions1902
16 hours ago, frankblack said:

So, reading around all your deflection above - in other words you don't know.  Thanks for confirming. 👍

And neither do you. But what you are willing to do, is believe the word of the biggest bunch of underhand liars we have in U.K. government in my lifetime. For another perspective, this Sky News article might be on to something, which is consistent with what a French ambassador said yesterday. The key extract is:-

“Labour's shadow environment secretary Luke Pollard told Sky News the seized scallop vessel did have the proper licence but he believes it was not included on a list handed to the French authorities so it could be an "administrative error".

He said if that is the case then UK ministers "need to own up to that".

As we all know and as this Junta’s track record amply demonstrates, they never accept responsibility for anything and most certainly will not be “owning up” to yet another problem of their own making.

Better to allow another myth to prevail and blame it on the French.

https://news.sky.com/story/france-fishing-row-environment-minister-george-eustice-says-two-can-play-at-that-game-after-unacceptable-threat-12453792?fbclid=IwAR1Pvw8QZOXdA8jzbrLyPk-t5B0idfFlhUW8mMPaV3TCpNusae_tDo8GUgo

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

And neither do you. But what you are willing to do, is believe the word of the biggest bunch of underhand liars we have in U.K. government in my lifetime. For another perspective, this Sky News article might be on to something, which is consistent with what a French ambassador said yesterday. The key extract is:-

“Labour's shadow environment secretary Luke Pollard told Sky News the seized scallop vessel did have the proper licence but he believes it was not included on a list handed to the French authorities so it could be an "administrative error".

He said if that is the case then UK ministers "need to own up to that".

As we all know and as this Junta’s track record amply demonstrates, they never accept responsibility for anything and most certainly will not be “owning up” to yet another problem of their own making.

Better to allow another myth to prevail and blame it on the French.

https://news.sky.com/story/france-fishing-row-environment-minister-george-eustice-says-two-can-play-at-that-game-after-unacceptable-threat-12453792?fbclid=IwAR1Pvw8QZOXdA8jzbrLyPk-t5B0idfFlhUW8mMPaV3TCpNusae_tDo8GUgo

I was talking about the ineligible French boats demanding access to British waters.

Its a separate issue from the French stealing a Scottish boat.

It just so happens that there's a French Presidential Election next year with Monsieur Macron not exactly universally popular. It all smacks of a publicity stunt to get the French public on his side. His main rival is the utterly odious Marine Le Pen, who leads the far right National Rally party. He leads her, but not by an unassailable margin.

So very convenient that a Scottish fishing boat fishes in French waters with an expired license and he can blow it up into an international incident and throw his weight about and act the strong man. He's no different from political leaders of all persuasions everywhere - a scheming manipulative tosser.

3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

It just so happens that there's a French Presidential Election next year with Monsieur Macron not exactly universally popular. It all smacks of a publicity stunt to get the French public on his side. His main rival is the utterly odious Marine Le Pen, who leads the far right National Rally party. He leads her, but not by an unassailable margin.

So very convenient that a Scottish fishing boat fishes in French waters with an expired license and he can blow it up into an international incident and throw his weight about and act the strong man. He's no different from political leaders of all persuasions everywhere - a scheming manipulative tosser.

And meanwhile Boris Johnson and his mates in the press relish the chance to get the Churchill worshipping crowd all wound up about the beastly French. Remember Agincourt boys. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

And meanwhile Boris Johnson and his mates in the press relish the chance to get the Churchill worshipping crowd all wound up about the beastly French. Remember Agincourt boys. 

No argument from me. A typical opportunistic political leader whipping up the rabble. They all do it. Anything to drum.up support regardless of consequences.

Omn Twitter last night , Politico got hold of a confidential letter from French govt to van der Leyen allegedly demanding "damage" be inflicted by the EU on UK. Although Politico was told several times their translation was incorrect (several French correspondents gave the correct translation) they have refused to correct it or take it down. The Telegraph printed it, the BBC quoted the Telegraph and now Johnson & Frost are quoting the same mis translation as though it was a declaration of war. 

In response the French govt are now Tweeting the full facts of the incident.... in English. 

A wee bit here...

"Following the Brexit deal (TCA), access was due to be granted within days to EU boats. We have now been negotiating patiently and constructively for 10 months, replying to a series of detailed and additional requests from British authorities, boat by boat....

What is the current situation? We do not lack just a few licences, but more than 40% of French detailed requests. For the EU as a whole, around 90% of the expected licences have been granted, but all the missing ones are French.....

It’s positive to read that the UK cares about the TCA; France and the EU expect its full respect and implementation, regarding fishing rights, the Northern Ireland protocol and all other - agreed and ratified - matters."