Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )

Craigieboy

Jambo in Bathgate

Watching them last night I couldn’t see one player I would be interested in playing for Hearts. Cove tired visibly in extra time last night. Tired legs cost them getting to penalties. Ross has left them with quite a few duds. Watching Maloney on the touch line you could see the relief when they scored. It was written all over his face ‘What the …k have I done coming here’ 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

Byyy The Light

Weirdest thing for me is their crowds completely plummeting for no real apparent reason.

Thats surely the biggest concern all round for them

Edited by Byyy The Light

4 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Watching them last night I couldn’t see one player I would be interested in playing for Hearts. Cove tired visibly in extra time last night. Tired legs cost them getting to penalties. Ross has left them with quite a few duds. Watching Maloney on the touch line you could see the relief when they scored. It was written all over his face ‘What the …k have I done coming here’ 

Maloney looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights, and I agree not one of them would get into our squad let alone in the starting 11.

Judging by last nights performance they are going to badly miss Boyle.

Their freefall down the league table is going to be an absolute delight to watch.

2 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

If the penny actually dropped, it’d hit wee Ron on the back of the napper

Naw, if the penny dropped, Ron would catch it and pocket it.

On 13/01/2022 at 13:55, jbee647 said:

As an aside, strange to see Dundee United are not even in the top 10

considering they were actually champions as recently as 1983

The Jim McLean years a brief moment in time in Uniteds history 

I'm way too young to remember it but apparently, prior to the Jim McLean era, Utd were very much regarded as the lesser club in that city!

5 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Must be a bit alarming to see your best player being Stevenson 

If you replace all your good players with mediocre pish who view Hibs as the high point of their career then it’s not going to go well. The fans will do their usual and abandon ship soon.

Edited by GinRummy

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If you replace all your good players with mediocre pish who view Hibs as the high point of their career then it’s not going to go well. The fans will do their usual and abandon ship soon.

Looks like the fans have already abandoned  ship.

Jambo_jim2001
4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm way too young to remember it but apparently, prior to the Jim McLean era, Utd were very much regarded as the lesser club in that city!

Right people in at the right time from top to bottom..I think we're on that same journey just now,after 50 years being a Jambo I really truly believe we are on the cusp of something amazing HHGH

Just sold their player , he was the only one who concerned me when we played them, as he had the speed and potential to get them something, normally from a a wee dive ! Be interesting to see if that money is reinvested . 

9 hours ago, fila said:

Just sold their player , he was the only one who concerned me when we played them, as he had the speed and potential to get them something, normally from a a wee dive ! Be interesting to see if that money is reinvested . 

There will be one or two wee additions to their squad - the rest though will be squirrelled away for Rod.  Exactly the same will happen if they do manage to get any real money for Porteous. 

That American owner of them will pocket every penny - no chance of any dropping...

Selling Boyle is a sign of intent - they intend to write-off this season.

56 minutes ago, Deevers said:

There will be one or two wee additions to their squad - the rest though will be squirrelled away for Rod.  Exactly the same will happen if they do manage to get any real money for Porteous. 

Yup he wont trouser every penny, he's clearly shown hes happy to spend on players both moderate fees and we're hearing big wages.

Its all very speculate to accumulate it would appear rather than building an actual team or balanced squad (like us!). All totally disconnected from board to recruitment to coach it feels. So he may reinvest a portion of it but if recent evidence is their new norm, it'll just be shits n giggles. All very Vlad but at a much lower, less ambitious level

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yup he wont trouser every penny, he's clearly shown hes happy to spend on players both moderate fees and we're hearing big wages.

Its all very speculate to accumulate it would appear rather than building an actual team or balanced squad (like us!). All totally disconnected from board to recruitment to coach it feels. So he may reinvest a portion of it but if recent evidence is their new norm, it'll just be shits n giggles. All very Vlad but at a much lower, less ambitious level

It’s all based on possible sell on values. They are pretty good at getting their media stooges to talk up pretty average players. Doig was being hailed as being brilliant earlier. His performances though show him to be bang average. The same with Porteous.  Ron’s there to make money. Buy cheap and sell on.  He’ll be mightily encouraged by the fee he got for Boyle. Only a small amount of the money will be reinvested though. The rest will be trousered one way or the other.

avhudtheteeshirt

Thought a comment on .net summed up their ambition, the £3 million will cover the amount Hearts will make from qualifying for Europe????

And that comes when were only halfway through the season!!

Total Losers!!!!!

wentworth jambo
10 minutes ago, Locky said:

That reads like one of those "Chemical Ali" type responses from the wee team...."nothing to see here, definitely, absolutely, categorically, 100% not moving from Fester Road......unless we decide to move from Fester Road"

12 minutes ago, Locky said:

The owners of American football franchise’s happily move teams around the states don’t they , why not here 😀

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

The owners of American football franchise’s happily move teams around the states don’t they , why not here 😀

Outer Hibrides FC?

Edited by martoon

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a big game for Hibs tonight.

After the positivity of the first 2 wins, could be the first questions asked about the new era. 

They have a decent record at Fir Park ( I think?) so wouldn't surprise me if they get the 3 points.

15 minutes ago, martoon said:

Outer Hibrides FC?

No fecking way, I would need to change jobs and move if that happened!

47 minutes ago, Locky said:

After listening to their tesco chat for years, seeing them move to Tranent would be very high up on the Hibsed it rankings for me. Delightful. 

Reckon there's more to this, they can deny all they want but a club with no intention of moving wouldn't even consider asking their fans what they felt about the current location etc. 

Just now, Rory Mcilroy said:

After listening to their tesco chat for years, seeing them move to Tranent would be very high up on the Hibsed it rankings for me. Delightful. 

Reckon there's more to this, they can deny all they want but a club with no intention of moving wouldn't even consider asking their fans what they felt about the current location etc. 

There are very few things that could downgrade Tranent.  You may have found one of them!

30 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

There are very few things that could downgrade Tranent.  You may have found one of them!

With Tranent in mind, just supposing they moved there.. what do you think their crowds would be ?

1 hour ago, Locky said:

No smoke without fire , I wouldn’t put it past Ronny boy not to have done his sums , if there’s cash to be made he’s probably exploring every avenue 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Locky said:

wouldn't take much work to convert it into a Homebase - just put a roof over the pitch

3 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

With Tranent in mind, just supposing they moved there.. what do you think their crowds would be ?

Tranent Juniors had 957 v Bonnyrigg at weekend so not too far off Hibs home gates

4 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

No smoke without fire , I wouldn’t put it past Ronny boy not to have done his sums , if there’s cash to be made he’s probably exploring every avenue 

It was a question in a survey: something like how important is being in Edinburgh to you.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a big game for Hibs tonight.

After the positivity of the first 2 wins, could be the first questions asked about the new era. 

Would bite your hand off for a draw. Even better if we get something tonight too.

Just now, Locky said:

Would bite your hand off for a draw. Even better if we get something tonight too.

Draw would be the best result for us, hoping it's a horrible turgid game with loads of cards & tackles flying in everywhere

9 minutes ago, systemx said:

Tranent Juniors had 957 v Bonnyrigg at weekend so not too far off Hibs home gates

That'd be the worry about being a 2 team toon I guess, the smaller team always will lose fans to the larger one.  So Tranent Juniors could end up at +1000 with that in mind.  Especially with the colours they wear...

More chance of snow dropping than penny dropping with them retards

Edited by Factuer Moi

2 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Draw would be the best result for us, hoping it's a horrible turgid game with loads of cards & tackles flying in everywhere

Thought about this last night. Pure pie in the sky stuff, but imagine they draw tonight and we win our next 3. :arry: 

Get the passports out folks.

48 minutes ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

It's all about the match day experience for Ron. He was probably working out if there was scope for a farmers market and artisan coffee stalls in albion place before and after games. A shooting gallery would probably bring in more dosh though. 

Just now, Locky said:

Thought about this last night. Pure pie in the sky stuff, but imagine they draw tonight and we win our next 3. :arry: 

Yeah if that was to happen you could pretty much call it game over

1 minute ago, boag1874 said:

Aye, reckon so too.  Draw or Well win best.  Don't want Maloney getting any kind of momentum, basically.  Not worries about them, but it'd be best if they stayed in their box.

Motherwell, we have them at home this weekend, so even if they gain a couple of points on us tonight (not that I rule out a win for us), we rectify it ourselves.  And I just don't see them maintaining a great run or whatever to catch us anyway.

No matter what, tonight we get one of our remaining OF games out the way.  So even if we lose a bit of our gap, it's all relative to the fixture list really.  In 4 games time that's us done with both Arse cheeks until the split plus I think have Aberdeen and Hibs (and Well tonight) still to come at Tynie, pre-split.  We're in a very strong position increase or maintain our gap and be all but out of sight by game 33.  I don't see this group losing focus either.

Just now, Mister T said:

It's all about the match day experience for Ron. He was probably working out if there was scope for a farmers market and artisan coffee stalls in albion place before and after games. A shooting gallery would probably bring in more dosh though. 

Don't let Nisbet have a go he'd miss :lol:

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

I know.  Thing is, if we get a draw in each of our next three games, tonight included, even that does it for us.  The teams behind us NEED to beat us.  We just need to keep them at bay.

Anything undefeated in our games v Hibs and Motherwell, in cold light of day is us coming out unschathed.

The OF games* any points a bonus, and as long as we do better than our rivals against them, it's OK.  So a point across those 2 games wouldn't be terrible either.

3 points in 4 games would feel shit, but in actual fact wouldn't be bad.  Anything above 5 points would be good getting on to very good.

*caveat here is that I don't love this attitude but it's probably the correct one looking at this season.  Next season, I want to be thinking, "right, they're the rivals now, need to beat them".  Plus if we do beat Celtic, it's 6 points and we can start to think silly things!

12 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I'd take great pleasure in claiming we ran them out of Edinburgh with the numerous skelpings we subjected them to

So would I , but remember this is 'THEIR CITY' 🙈

5 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Don't let Nisbet have a go he'd miss :lol:

I think Mister T may have been meaning a different type of (ahem)  "shooting" gallery. :whistling:

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I know.  Thing is, if we get a draw in each of our next three games, tonight included, even that does it for us.  The teams behind us NEED to beat us.  We just need to keep them at bay.

Anything undefeated in our games v Hibs and Motherwell, in cold light of day is us coming out unschathed.

The OF games* any points a bonus, and as long as we do better than our rivals against them, it's OK.  So a point across those 2 games wouldn't be terrible either.

3 points in 4 games would feel shit, but in actual fact wouldn't be bad.  Anything above 5 points would be good getting on to very good.

*caveat here is that I don't love this attitude but it's probably the correct one looking at this season.  Next season, I want to be thinking, "right, they're the rivals now, need to beat them".  Plus if we do beat Celtic, it's 6 points and we can start to think silly things!

So many permutations, i love this season so much. If we can repeat/improve on results mid way, we are destined for European adventures. I believe we are mid way through the redevelopment of the football side of club. First team squad is boosted , with signings to come. The Academy is finally being over hauled, placing us in a better spot than we have been in years. All the distractions of failures incomplete plans seem to be behind us, this is where the real action is and where our foundations are stronger. They are travelling a very fragile path, are years away from Us as far as setting up their club. We have a steady sound footing, looking to improve our status. All things are there in place, we have to go for it as a side and make sure we get the attention for the right reasons. Being hard to beat with a threat up front, we can steal that limelight right now.

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's just the realistic attitude to have I guess mate. Of course I'd love nothing better than to stick it up both of those ****s but always grates me when Hearts fans 'expect' us to beat them. Just causes a bit of unnecessary negativity. Not that I'd be content in any way with defeat to them. Hard to really set expectations points wise for the next 4 games, just really have to take as many as possible.

• davemclaren changed the title to Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )