Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )

Craigieboy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nae luck

Should have been increased to three games an extra game added for a frivolous appeal.

4 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

glossing over the inability to beat a championship team at home by more than 1 goal resulted in the draw that we had.

Nobody glossed over it. It was one of those days. On another day we would have scored five, but that's fitbaw. Hibs could have made a Scottish Cup final, but got beat by a championship team at Hampden, shit happens. Dry yer eyes oot.

iwasthere1954
11 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

I’d like to think the management/players do indeed seek to improve. But perhaps because of “being away from home” and facing a club with greater resources you think we should accept defeat with good grace and no questions asked?

Ferguson’s Aberdeen didn’t allow these things to impede their progress. Shouldn’t we want Hearts to be winners and want what it takes to achieve success?

Somehow, I don’t think Hibs will go into the LC Final concerned that the match is being played in Glasgow or that Celtic are a wealthier club.

I felt I was remaining within topic by talking about Hibs. I do accept I was guilty of not meeting expectations by gratuitously slagging them. I was disappointed that it was Hibs and not us that is one game from a trophy success. That doesn’t sit well with me. 
I went on to suggest we needed to examine why we didn’t do better. I made no criticism of Robbie. If you can quote me criticising Robbie, feel free to expose my lies.

But as I said earlier, even if someone is guilty of straying off-topic does it really matter that much? All the purists need to do is ignore it.

Bringing Aberdeen into this is ridiculous. Maybe your not aware but that era was over 36 years ago. The old firm might have had an advantage then but nothing like the mega bucks they have now. I think you like stirring things. Oh and by the way FTH.

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

I see they’ve got a Black Friday half price Match ticket offer on🤣🤣

Yeah they need bums on seats or they're royally fecked. 

200.gif

Hibernian have been forced to call exterminators to Easter Road after it was revealed that a toxic plant, giant hogweed, was growing in the stadium grounds. (Scottish Daily Express)

As I thought the piggery is a health hazard , save money on the exterminators , tell the muppets it’s a form of drug and let them loose on it 

23 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Hibernian have been forced to call exterminators to Easter Road after it was revealed that a toxic plant, giant hogweed, was growing in the stadium grounds. (Scottish Daily Express)

As I thought the piggery is a health hazard , save money on the exterminators , tell the muppets it’s a form of drug and let them loose on it 

I thought it was mostly tumbleweed in their stands these days!

5 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Hardly any of their fans at Perth 

Embarrassing crowd tbh 

Green Army lol  and look what week took in a midweek game

FTH

5 minutes ago, Ked said:

Heres an absolute gem 

Screenshot_20211128-210839_Chrome.jpg

Back in the 97/98 season, the weeteam were struggling under the management of Duff Jimmy.  He was on the verge of the sack going into the New Year derby, a game where a win would have put us top. A Baggio double put us 2-0 up in about 20 minutes and we looked like running riot, but they managed to fight back for a 2-2 draw that put back his sacking by a good couple of months, which left them without enough time to rescue things, and down they went!  Sadly, the draw was also very damaging to our title campaign, but we did finish the season with what's still the best day so far of my time supporting Hearts.

If that 10 minutes really does make all the difference to Ross's time at the weeteam, it's far more likely to be another case of catastrophic consequences for them, as in 98, than to be something which heralds glory and success for them! 

Pasquale for King
On 28/11/2021 at 21:37, FarmerTweedy said:

Back in the 97/98 season, the weeteam were struggling under the management of Duff Jimmy.  He was on the verge of the sack going into the New Year derby, a game where a win would have put us top. A Baggio double put us 2-0 up in about 20 minutes and we looked like running riot, but they managed to fight back for a 2-2 draw that put back his sacking by a good couple of months, which left them without enough time to rescue things, and down they went!  Sadly, the draw was also very damaging to our title campaign, but we did finish the season with what's still the best day so far of my time supporting Hearts.

If that 10 minutes really does make all the difference to Ross's time at the weeteam, it's far more likely to be another case of catastrophic consequences for them, as in 98, than to be something which heralds glory and success for them! 

They had been beaten 7 nil at Ibrox the game before, we really could’ve avenged 1973 that day, like so many others it slipped away. 
It did keep him in a job though as you say, and they went down and we won the cup 🤔😍.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They had been beaten 7 nil at Ibrox the game before, we really could’ve avenged 1973 that day, like so many others it slipped away. 
It did keep him in a job though as you say, and they went down and we won the cup 🤔😍.

The 3-0 at ht were we made it 4 straight after ht and they had ten men was a great chance for that. 

They fecking pulled one back instead. 😡

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The 3-0 at ht were we made it 4 straight after ht and they had ten men was a great chance for that. 

They fecking pulled one back instead. 😡

Indeed. So many of them, the cup final being another. One of these days 🤞

Ex member of the SaS

Can't understand why so many feel the need to say Hibs are pish. This surely is common knowledge and is in fact a FACT! does such a fact need repeating so often? FTH

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Can't understand why so many feel the need to say Hibs are pish. This surely is common knowledge and is in fact a FACT! does such a fact need repeating so often? FTH

Surely there are very few facts related to Hearts' domination of our capital rivals that don't merit frequent repetition!

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

You're a man of your word. 👏 

No probs, will see if I can get a picture of the cash going in the tin. 

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No probs, will see if I can get a picture of the cash going in the tin. 

No need. I trust you.

I see on hibsnet that the reason our attendances are so good is we

1. Gave away a shed load of free tickets

That Hearts supporters were given massive discounts on this seasons tickets

Hearts supporters declined the free Hearts t.v and other stuff and demanded free season tickets this year.

Oh and also we have loads of empty seats .

😂😂😂

18 minutes ago, Ked said:

Anyone recognise any of the above scenarios?

Anyone who wanted a discount could take it but there is massive flaw in that argument,  they were already season ticket holders and part of the circa 13k  the crowds of 18k + are then made up of walk ups paying money to support their team.

Those lot over there are the thickest and bitter clowns imaginable , absolute halfwits  

Hibs have never ever matched our support, home or away 

Well  maybe  bar the  exception but thats crumbs at the bun fight and they know it 

See what they dafties get at home to St Mirren 

1 hour ago, Ked said:

I see on hibsnet that the reason our attendances are so good is we

1. Gave away a shed load of free tickets

That Hearts supporters were given massive discounts on this seasons tickets

Hearts supporters declined the free Hearts t.v and other stuff and demanded free season tickets this year.

Oh and also we have loads of empty seats .

😂😂😂

😂😂😂
Always best to just look stupid… than open your mouth, and remove all doubt!

Fuds!

FTH

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Ked said:

Anyone recognise any of the above scenarios?

Yeah the ST bit is correct, the guy paid for his ST last season, didn’t use it so got it for nothing this season, not sure how that’s giving loads of tickets away though 😆

Pasquale for King

Hibernian head coach Jack Ross: "[The penalty] I think it's one, for me, that I would want in the opposition box. But that doesn't mean to say it's a penalty. At the time I had no idea now I've watched it back and Ryan [Porteous] pulls his foot away. There's minimal contact.

confused.com 

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hibernian head coach Jack Ross: "[The penalty] I think it's one, for me, that I would want in the opposition box. But that doesn't mean to say it's a penalty. At the time I had no idea now I've watched it back and Ryan [Porteous] pulls his foot away. There's minimal contact.

confused.com 

40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah the ST bit is correct, the guy paid for his ST last season, didn’t use it so got it for nothing this season, not sure how that’s giving loads of tickets away though 😆

I paid for mine last season.

Didnt get mine for nothing this season.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Ked said:

Me too. 

No one used thier St last season, we got the Hearts TV?

Did folk get free season tickets? 

I think I got like £50  off, maybe £30, I wasn't even looking I knew it was about £350 give or take. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Ked said:

So did i, but some folk didn’t use Hearts tv or the other offers and were given their ST for nothing.
I took the discount myself. 
That’s not giving anything away though, we were due that.  

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Me too. 

No one used thier St last season, we got the Hearts TV?

Did folk get free season tickets? 

I think I got like £50  off, maybe £30, I wasn't even looking I knew it was about £350 give or take. 

If you didn’t use Hearts tv or took up any of the other offers you didn’t have to pay anything for this seasons, a few folk took it. 

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Exactly, it’s a definite penalty as he clipped his foot that he was attempting to plant. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

If you didn’t use Hearts tv or took up any of the other offers you didn’t have to pay anything for this seasons, a few folk took it. 

Ahh. 

Imagine not watching a Hearts game for a whole season! 

• davemclaren changed the title to Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )