Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans……

Craigieboy

mickycameron98

Pretty brutal a run like that, I mind Hearts had 6 defeats on the bounce around season 07/08 and you start to wonder when it will end! Hopefully for Hibs it continues on and on 😂

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

• Smith's right boot

• Mikey1874

PortyBeach
13 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Firstly, if you need to reflect, or debate, losing an away game against celtic, you clearly don't have much clue about football. 

Secondly, if you need to do either, how about doing it on some other thread, rather than dragging this one off topic?

Thirdly, if you actually do feel the need to drag a thread about slagging h1b5 off topic to have a go at Robbie Neilson, either you hate him, or you hate seeing the weeteam take a slagging.  

I’m not claiming to have any deep football expertise - are you?

Yes, I think we need to analyse why we lose matches to improve performances. We could, of course, just write-off in advance matches against Celtic and the The Rangers as part of some natural order. Personally, I want us to consider how we can do better, how we can beat, these teams. If we can’t compete, what’s the point?

You think I was “having a go” at Robbie? Perhaps you could quote what I said in that regard?

I’m sorry if I spoiled your Hibs slag-fest. If I’d realised how much this meant to you, I’d certainly have kept my own counsel.

Jambo-Jimbo
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s quicker than he is 

Can't blame it, stuck on that head, be gone like a bat out of hell, first chance it gets. :laugh:

indianajones
1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Glanced at the highlights . Thought Boyle was making his appraisal right in the ref's coupon ?

Maybe I missaw (is that a word?)

He was but his captain had every opportunity to pull him away. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Can't blame it, stuck on that head, be gone like a bat out of hell, first chance it gets. :laugh:

Hahahahaha 

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

Yes, I think we need to analyse why we lose matches to improve performances. We could, of course, just write-off in advance matches against Celtic and the The Rangers as part of some natural order. Personally, I want us to consider how we can do better, how we can beat, these teams. If we can’t compete, what’s the point?

You think I was “having a go” at Robbie? Perhaps you could quote what I said in that regard?

I’m sorry if I spoiled your Hibs slag-fest. If I’d realised how much this meant to you, I’d certainly have kept my own counsel.

It's fair enough if you want to change the subject of a thread. But its more than fair to ask you to piss off to another thread. Of which there are plenty. (I've said all season those critical of Neilson have shot themselves in the foot when they couldn't tell us the failings of team when we were winning.)

It's very clear there are a group of posters, including myself who love to join in in anything that makes Hibs bad. And there are others like you who don't 

corryjambo
2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

That's just what we have done this season so far in the league isn't it.

Oh!! Wait, hang on,  we have beaten Celtic at Tynecastle and drawn with the Rangers at Ibrox so far this season, perhaps we didn't write off these games.

And finally to keep the post on the subject of the thread.

FTH

ToqueJambo
On 22/11/2021 at 12:32, Robbies Tackle said:

You’re tried really hard against Celtic is hibs mentality. We lost. 

I didn't say we tried hard. I said we pushed them close, closer than any other non OF team vs Celtic in a final in recent years, certainly a lot closer than Hibs ever had. That's notable.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

If you think posters on jkb analysing why we lost an away game to celtic will improve the team's performances, you're living in a land even further removed from reality than cloud cuckoo land is!

FarmerTweedy
45 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

That's just what we have done this season so far in the league isn't it.

Oh!! Wait, hang on,  we have beaten Celtic at Tynecastle and drawn with the Rangers at Ibrox so far this season, perhaps we didn't write off these games.

And finally to keep the post on the subject of the thread.

FTH

Excellent post!

Smith's right boot
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree it would good if Robbie gave interviews after Hibs defeats. 

Poor show last night. 

😂😂😂😂

Smith's right boot
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs appealing dodgy red

If they lose does he get an extra game ban? 

Robbies Tackle
55 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I didn't say we tried hard. I said we pushed them close, closer than any other non OF team vs Celtic in a final in recent years, certainly a lot closer than Hibs ever had. That's notable.

Notable by who? You think any other fans care? We lost, ultimately. 

Ronald Villiers
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah he did well against us, he’s made a few gaffes this season apparently. When they allegedly had a Covid outbreak a Hibee in the pub said “the GK will be ok as he hasn’t caught anything all season” 😆

🤣 I suppose he's better than poppadom hands that we had on loan from Man U.  Wouldnae be hard right enough.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

🤣 I suppose he's better than poppadom hands that we had on loan from Man U.  Wouldnae be hard right enough.

I think a cardboard cut out would be better to be honest 🤦🏽

Pasquale for King

Apparently they’ve ****ed up the ticketing already, they can only get two together instead of the four that’s in your group. Overheard a Hibby moaning about it,,each ST holder can buy two tickets he said 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔

Ronald Villiers
21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think a cardboard cut out would be better to be honest 🤦🏽

🤣

On 24/11/2021 at 22:33, John Findlay said:

When did they win at Ibrox? I must have missed that.

My bad. :lol: 

It was late at night.

ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Notable by who? You think any other fans care? We lost, ultimately. 

Generally underdogs get a lot of credit from their own fans, never mind neutrals, when they push a much more fancied team close in a cup final or a league campaign even if they don't ultimately win. Not sure why this seems to be news to you. Celtic had been humping everyone in cup finals for years. We gave them their two hardest cup final games, certainly harder than Hibs have. But you bash on defending them in a thread for slagging them off.

ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

What's your point here exactly? We have beaten Rangers and Celtic, or a least not lost to them, pretty regularly in the last few years. Some notable wins against a very dominant Celtic team stand out. We beat Rangers to a title. And even Cathro and Stendel - the two worst managers in our history - humped Rangers.

Our problem historically - as every Hearts fan knows - is not games vs the OF, it's not being consistent enough against the other teams. The OF are consistent against all the other teams which is why they win more things. This season is a classic example of that so far. Unbeaten in the league against the OF but lost to Motherwell and Aberdeen.

Anyhow, back to Hibs. Like all the other teams including us they beat the OF now and then. Unlike us though, Hibs are generally shite.

Edited by ToqueJambo
Robbies Tackle
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Generally underdogs get a lot of credit from their own fans, never mind neutrals, when they push a much more fancied team close in a cup final or a league campaign even if they don't ultimately win. Not sure why this seems to be news to you. Celtic had been humping everyone in cup finals for years. We gave them their two hardest cup final games, certainly harder than Hibs have. But you bash on defending them in a thread for slagging them off.

Loser mentality.

like hibs. 

“we pushed them hard”

get a grip.  We lost. 

That all conquering Celtic team you’re gushing over won nothing else and finished about 25 points behind the huns too.  They also sacked their manager despite winning the previous seasons Scottish cup against us.  

loser mentality and excuses galore.

you lost me when you you said trying to get soapy to sign a new contract isn’t the same as your obsession with hibs doing the same because the want them to sign new contracts to sell.

you’re full of shite ma pal. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle
Smith's right boot

2 results now from being in a relegation fight 😁

Defeat on sat leaves them in the shite for the next game imo. 

St Johnstone away then rangers at home are their next 2. 

They'll them have 6 pointers v Dundee. 

Just seen there 4 fixtures over Xmas as well 

Aberdeen 

Utd

Celtic 

Us

😁

Boyces beard

Any pennies that any hobo's are dropping are surely landing right on top of there sisters heed.

FTH

FarmerTweedy
9 hours ago, A.JAMBO said:

someone give me an update please.. 

Hibs are laughably shite, but some jkb posters don't want any discussion to be had on that and are intent on turning this thread into another Robbie Neilson slagfest, like they try to do with every other thread.

FarmerTweedy
10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If they lose does he get an extra game ban? 

I don't think there's automatically an extra game ban for losing an appeal, I think there's only an extra game if the appeal is deemed to be frivolous, or deliberately done only to manipulate the game or games any ban applies to.  I could be wrong though! 

7 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Hibs are laughably shite, but some jkb posters don't want any discussion to be had on that and are intent on turning this thread into another Robbie Neilson slagfest, like they try to do with every other thread.

Superb summary sir. 

Smith's right boot
26 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I don't think there's automatically an extra game ban for losing an appeal, I think there's only an extra game if the appeal is deemed to be frivolous, or deliberately done only to manipulate the game or games any ban applies to.  I could be wrong though! 

Cheers. 

scott herbertson
28 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I’m fairly sure it only applies if you appeal against a red given in a match against Rangers and Celtic so they should be ok on that, unfortunately…,

35 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

😍👌🏻

Vlad Magic
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You have to ask yourself why?

It couldn’t be that said posters are interlopers who have been deep under cover here for some time?

All just a big mystery.

John Findlay

To again answer the original question.

No. The penny will never drop with  them.

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

To again answer the original question.

No. The penny will never drop with  them.

that’s true - if a penny dropped Pony up Ron would catch and pocket it before it hit the ground

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

that’s true - if a penny dropped Pony up Ron would catch and pocket it before it hit the ground

As the old joke goes. It would hit his neck on the way down.

36 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

You have to ask yourself why?

It couldn’t be that said posters are interlopers who have been deep under cover here for some time?

All just a big mystery.

Beat me to it.

I would suggest a fair few of them are 😍

2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Spot on Sir.

PapaShango

They have been mince for a while now and are on a downward trajectory. They have signed up some dross on longer term deals, Stevenson and Hanlon! No re-sale value and both a pretty terrible anyway. If that is the standard of player they want to maintain then there's only one place they are heading. Take Boyle out the team and they are bang average at best. Ross is clueless and is another clone of Levein. Plays eye bleeding football and can't see past the end of his nose on anything. Hopefully they make it 6 in a row on Saturday and head towards the bottom of the league. No team deserves it more. 

Have you seen the excuses some hibs fans are giving for the Doidge red , such as - it was his injured leg so he was protecting it and this beauty

🤣🤣🤣

EDABCA3F-6ADD-43DC-84D9-1F2DC4E3D985.png

Rogue Daddy
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Have you seen the excuses some hibs fans are giving for the Doidge red , such as - it was his injured leg so he was protecting it and this beauty

🤣🤣🤣

EDABCA3F-6ADD-43DC-84D9-1F2DC4E3D985.png

Who's Yogi Hunter?

...'kicks out to gain traction!' 🤣

Edited by Rogue Daddy
gorgie rd eh11
5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Who's Yogi Hunter?

...'kicks out to gain traction!' 🤣

yogi.jpeg

Hunter and Miller.

30 odd years later, Hanlon and Stevenson...

Yes, as @John Findlay suggests, that penny is never dropping.

Thank goodness. 😊

My initial contribution here was to point out that regardless of their other woes, Hibs had reached the LC Final whereas we did not. My view was that this ought to have prompted Hearts’ management team and players to consider what went wrong and how we could improve next time. I want to see Hearts in Cup Finals, not Hibs.

Nothing too controversial there, I didn’t think, so I was a bit bemused to be subsequently accused of having a go at Robbie! But seemingly worst still, I was apparently guilty of diluting the purity of a thread where any comment is welcomed so long as it’s along the lines of “Hibs are shite. Repeat.”

Whose is this thread? The Taliban’s? If someone makes a point you consider off-topic then surely you just ignore it? And why the tendency to play the man and not the ball? 

14 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

My initial contribution here was to point out that regardless of their other woes, Hibs had reached the LC Final whereas we did not. My view was that this ought to have prompted Hearts’ management team and players to consider what went wrong and how we could improve next time. I want to see Hearts in Cup Finals, not Hibs.

Nothing too controversial there, I didn’t think, so I was a bit bemused to be subsequently accused of having a go at Robbie! But seemingly worst still, I was apparently guilty of diluting the purity of a thread where any comment is welcomed so long as it’s along the lines of “Hibs are shite. Repeat.”

Whose is this thread? The Taliban’s? If someone makes a point you consider off-topic then surely you just ignore it? And why the tendency to play the man and not the ball? 

We know what went wrong. 

We got drawn against a Celtic team who were on fire and would have beat anyone that day. 

Off course if the rules for Covid call offs were the same for League and cup St Mirren would not have been GIVEN a 3-0 win and we may well have been seeded thus avoiding that game against an in form Celtic. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I suppose this is the time of year to start making Christian appeals.  Perhaps the SFA panel will hand him a food parcel to tide him over the period of his ban.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

We know what went wrong. 

We got drawn against a Celtic team who were on fire and would have beat anyone that day. 

Off course if the rules for Covid call offs were the same for League and cup St Mirren would not have been GIVEN a 3-0 win and we may well have been seeded thus avoiding that game against an in form Celtic. 

This is a key point that the Robbie haters choose to ignore, the fact that midden were handed not only 3 points but also a 3 goal margin without kicking a ball