Jump to content

Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans……


Craigieboy

Recommended Posts

Jambo-Jimbo
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jack Ross said Hibs were only under pressure after the sending off.

 

 

 

No way they can appeal those red cards.

Doidge clearly makes a second movement with his foot on the guys thigh and Boyle not only gives the ref verbal abuse but also says something again towards the ref after being shown the red card.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Pasquale for King

    81

  • sadj

    50

  • Mikey1874

    43

  • Smith's right boot

    43

Niemi’s gloves
26 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Why? It's a fact.  I'm not a Robbie basher but i am dissapointed that he didn't do the usual post match interview after Saturday.  Like it or not Ross did. He acknowledged the fact,in front of camera,that what his players had served up wasn't good enough. Were all raging about Saturday, what do we get? Silence. 

There’s a post match interview (not TV) on the Hearts website with Robbie dating from last Saturday. And there are the usual quotes from both managers at the end of the BBC report on the game. So clearly he talked to the press and was in no way hiding from anybody. And he fully acknowledged that we weren’t good enough on the day. Maybe Hearts tv had a technical problem?
 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/reaction-robbie-neilson-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18

Link to post
Share on other sites
washniklaw
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Boyle is shouting into the face of the referee.

 

Would think they will appeal the Doidge one.

 

Shouting in the face and pointing directly towards him. Even the most stupid Hibbee would find it difficult to say he wasn't being abusive towards an official! 

 

With Jack Ross questioning this decision last night he should be brought before the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute. No ref should have to deal with that level of abuse and no manager should back their player when behaving like this. Typical Hibs class. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

No way they can appeal those red cards.

Doidge clearly makes a second movement with his foot on the guys thigh and Boyle not only gives the ref verbal abuse but also says something again towards the ref after being shown the red card.

 

 

 

Hopefully they will as both will be held up and maybe add a game on for the cheek of it. 
Not entirely sure from the highlights what they were upset about, Doidge clearly kicked the boy as opposed to taking his foot away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
Just now, washniklaw said:

 

Shouting in the face and pointing directly towards him. Even the most stupid Hibbee would find it difficult to say he wasn't being abusive towards an official! 

 

With Jack Ross questioning this decision last night he should be brought before the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute. No ref should have to deal with that level of abuse and no manager should back their player when behaving like this. Typical Hibs class. 

 

Seems like Boyle lied to Ross about what he did. 

 

To be fair to Ross he said he needed to watch the incidents again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
38 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Why? It's a fact.  I'm not a Robbie basher but i am dissapointed that he didn't do the usual post match interview after Saturday.  Like it or not Ross did. He acknowledged the fact,in front of camera,that what his players had served up wasn't good enough. Were all raging about Saturday, what do we get? Silence. 

I didn't see the Hearts TV coverage but Robbie was interviewed right after the game for Sportscene.

Perhaps you could arrange a personal one to one with him on Saturday

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, washniklaw said:

 

Shouting in the face and pointing directly towards him. Even the most stupid Hibbee would find it difficult to say he wasn't being abusive towards an official! 

 

With Jack Ross questioning this decision last night he should be brought before the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute. No ref should have to deal with that level of abuse and no manager should back their player when behaving like this. Typical Hibs class. 

Exactly, even if he didn’t swear it’s still abusing the official who seemed to get the major decision correct. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly, even if he didn’t swear it’s still abusing the official who seemed to get the major decision correct. 

 

And Hanlon had already had a conversation with the ref, so there was no need. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Why? It's a fact.  I'm not a Robbie basher but i am dissapointed that he didn't do the usual post match interview after Saturday.  Like it or not Ross did. He acknowledged the fact,in front of camera,that what his players had served up wasn't good enough. Were all raging about Saturday, what do we get? Silence. 

Because its a Hibs thread to laugh at Hibs there is plenty of Hearts or Robbie threads. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

And Hanlon had already had a conversation with the ref, so there was no need. 

Exactly, as the captain he’s allowed to talk to the ref. 
Poo discipline added onto their many other faults. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Seems like Boyle lied to Ross about what he did. 

 

To be fair to Ross he said he needed to watch the incidents again. 


Not sure , Ross said the language was consistent but Boyle said it was an appraisal not aimed at the ref. Whatever the language used he said was consistent. Ross just sounded like he was trying to sow some sort of confusion as the basis of an appeal

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly, even if he didn’t swear it’s still abusing the official who seemed to get the major decision correct. 

I thought the ref was poor , County could easy have had two pens and Hibs one. The rest of the decisions maybe certainly Doidge’s red he didn’t even argue he knew what he had done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
1 minute ago, sadj said:


Not sure , Ross said the language was consistent but Boyle said it was an appraisal not aimed at the ref. Whatever the language used he said was consistent. Ross just sounded like he was trying to sow some sort of confusion as the basis of an appeal

 

There's no confusion when you watch the footage.

 

Doyle and Doidge can't play together anyway, at least under Ross. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Being serious here for a minute. Hibs are as well forfeiting their game on Saturday. No Boyle means no chance for them. What are they going to do? Launch 60 yard punts to the empty space where he should be? Just call this one off as well Hibs. Have a Saturday in the hoose and rest up before Your next pumping. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
Just now, sadj said:

I thought the ref was poor , County could easy have had two pens and Hibs one. The rest of the decisions maybe certainly Doidge’s red he didn’t even argue he knew what he had done. 

I only saw the highlights so it’s hard to judge, but that sounds like he did Hibs a favour in no giving two penalties against them. Hardly worth two if their players giving him dogs abuse at FT. 
Doidge was the only one not complaining it seemed, which is telling as you say. 
Love it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Being serious here for a minute. Hibs are as well forfeiting their game on Saturday. No Boyle means no chance for them. What are they going to do? Launch 60 yard punts to the empty space where he should be? Just call this one off as well Hibs. Have a Saturday in the hoose and rest up before Your next pumping. 

Just have a walk around Leith beforehand, they’re bound to catch something and get a few more games postponed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
iwasthere1954
45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We are not going to win it this year so I was counting that too, so even if we hopefully win it next year that will be 60 years in my extremely flawed logic 🤪🤦🏽
Sorry for making you feel older than you are, I’m jealous and yet happy that at least some of us have seen us win it.

It's funny but it all seems like yesterday. The 1954 final I remember for one reason. Our family went by special train(yes it was a steam train) but the train was late. By the time got in we we're 2 - 0 up. The old man was raging. Greàt day though. Hope you see it soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

It's funny but it all seems like yesterday. The 1954 final I remember for one reason. Our family went by special train(yes it was a steam train) but the train was late. By the time got in we we're 2 - 0 up. The old man was raging. Greàt day though. Hope you see it soon.

Sounds memorable. I’ve never been on a steam train either, need a new bucket list ffs 😆

Let’s hope we all see it soon 👍🏽

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronald Villiers

The Hibs goalie is shan.  Pity Ross County never took their other chances.  You've got to love Hibs and the amount of times they've Hibsd it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ronald Villiers said:

The Hibs goalie is shan.  Pity Ross County never took their other chances.  You've got to love Hibs and the amount of times they've Hibsd it.  

Indeed he is, lucky he didn’t cause another one with a dodgy pass. 
The goal reminded me of a Robbo cross that Baird missed and went past Burridge at Tynecastle for another GK mistake against us and victory 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites

****ing .nut is hilarious , the refs a cheat and lied about Boyle is this afternoon’s take. As is Tillson’s challenge was worse than Porteous on Aribo. I mean hebhad no pace didnt catch the Hibs player with a straight leg , didn’t have any aggression to the challenge to make it reckless but fair enough. Also the ref was laughing and smiling whilst ****ing Hibs over

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

No way they can appeal those red cards.

Doidge clearly makes a second movement with his foot on the guys thigh and Boyle not only gives the ref verbal abuse but also says something again towards the ref after being shown the red card.

 

 

 


 Has the air of a “You’re a …….’ Moment. Easy card to give 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronald Villiers
32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed he is, lucky he didn’t cause another one with a dodgy pass. 
The goal reminded me of a Robbo cross that Baird missed and went past Burridge at Tynecastle for another GK mistake against us and victory 😆

🤣 Just when you think they've signed a decent keeper he turns out to be another Calamity Joe.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Drew Wallace
15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I said it before you 😜

Hibs will sell 17k no problem 

Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

I didn't see the Hearts TV coverage but Robbie was interviewed right after the game for Sportscene.

Perhaps you could arrange a personal one to one with him on Saturday

Ffs,all I'm saying is he did not give the usual point to camera that he always does for Hearts tv. You know,that channel that Hearts fan pay for, in the expectation we'll get his opinion as to how he thought it went. 

To miss it wasn't normal 

 Let's leave it though. You obviously disagree. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Being serious here for a minute. Hibs are as well forfeiting their game on Saturday. No Boyle means no chance for them. What are they going to do? Launch 60 yard punts to the empty space where he should be? Just call this one off as well Hibs. Have a Saturday in the hoose and rest up before Your next pumping. 

Yep,time for another unfortunate plague.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

No way they can appeal those red cards.

Doidge clearly makes a second movement with his foot on the guys thigh and Boyle not only gives the ref verbal abuse but also says something again towards the ref after being shown the red card.

 

 

 

I noticed just before the final whistle, that Boyle was shouting his head off in a very aggressive manner about a decision that the ref gave.  I half expected him to be called over at that point but he wasn't.  However, it's clear that his discipline had gone by then so what happened later was really no surprise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Hibs will sell 17k no problem 

I’ve already got a bet that they won’t, depends on how many glory hunters fancy it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ronald Villiers said:

🤣 Just when you think they've signed a decent keeper he turns out to be another Calamity Joe.  

What made you think that 😱🤔😜, they’ve never had one that hasn’t made gaffes in derbies in my 51 years on this earth 😂

Edited by Pasquale for King
Link to post
Share on other sites
Drew Wallace
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve already got a bet that they won’t, depends on how many glory hunters fancy it. 

The way  i see it is PFK is Hibs reportedly sold 10k for the  Sunday Semi Final in a game they were underdogs

 

17k   should sell and lets face they will  give anyone and there dug  CF ticket if they ask 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
Just now, Drew Wallace said:

The way  i see it is PFK is Hibs reportedly sold 10k for the  Sunday Semi Final in a game they were underdogs

 

17k   should sell and lets face they will  give anyone and there dug  CF ticket if they ask 

I think their poor form in the run up to the game might hit sales, and that it’s a week before Xmas on a Sunday.

We didn’t sell out 20k against Celtic in the SC final in May in comparison. 
Time will tell and you’re probably right 👍🏽, buy a Santa hat and get a free ticket 😆.

Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo

Us and St Johnstone win on Saturday and the Saints jump over hibs and St liedown. That would be a good weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronald Villiers
29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What made you think that 😱🤔😜, they’ve never had one that hasn’t made gaffes in derbies in my 51 years on this earth 😂

I know mate but he played ok at Tynie and my mate spoke highly of him.  He said the same about Magennis and Doyle-Hayes or whatever his name is right enough. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I know mate but he played ok at Tynie and my mate spoke highly of him.  He said the same about Magennis and Doyle-Hayes or whatever his name is right enough. 🤣

Yeah he did well against us, he’s made a few gaffes this season apparently. When they allegedly had a Covid outbreak a Hibee in the pub said “the GK will be ok as he hasn’t caught anything all season” 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites
PapaShango

Hopefully this is them on the way down earlier than usual. Lose Boyle for any length of time and they are serious relegation candidates. We need to turn the screw and get the 3 points on Saturday, we have some tough fixtures coming up and we need maximise our home form as there's no way we can rely on picking anything up away from home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Ffs,all I'm saying is he did not give the usual point to camera that he always does for Hearts tv. You know,that channel that Hearts fan pay for, in the expectation we'll get his opinion as to how he thought it went. 

To miss it wasn't normal 

 Let's leave it though. You obviously disagree. 

Maybe he was busy ripping into his players for that performance, which I think was of a higher priority than coming on Hearts TV to say "we were pish"

Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Maybe he was busy ripping into his players for that performance, which I think was of a higher priority than coming on Hearts TV to say "we were pish"

Well I hope your correct. Well see this weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

No way they can appeal those red cards.

Doidge clearly makes a second movement with his foot on the guys thigh and Boyle not only gives the ref verbal abuse but also says something again towards the ref after being shown the red card.

 

Well done referee.

First red is spot on.

Boyle thinking he can abuse as much as he likes, he obviously went too far to piss the ref off.

Lovely, great result and two reds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Admits Boyle did say what the referee heard but he just said it. He didn't say it to the referee.

 

Deep thinkers. 

 

Aye. The ref's a prick. 

 

He really meant Porteous. 

 

Feckin Dolt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Us and St Johnstone win on Saturday and the Saints jump over hibs and St liedown. That would be a good weekend.

 

The Knobrot Eleven are on the glass mountain and are slipping down the table faster than a Leith rent boy's guffs. 

 

They are in the shit league wise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just have a walk around Leith beforehand, they’re bound to catch something and get a few more games postponed. 

 

Has Boyle's ferret escaped from his napper ? They'll never catch that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
FarmerTweedy
18 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

I’m not suggesting it’s only Robbie who carries the can for our failure and I certainly don’t “hate” Robbie.

But the fact remains its Hibs who’ve reached the Final, not us.
So I think it’s reasonable to reflect on why that’s come about…

Firstly, if you need to reflect, or debate, losing an away game against celtic, you clearly don't have much clue about football. 

 

Secondly, if you need to do either, how about doing it on some other thread, rather than dragging this one off topic?

 

Thirdly, if you actually do feel the need to drag a thread about slagging h1b5 off topic to have a go at Robbie Neilson, either you hate him, or you hate seeing the weeteam take a slagging.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
FarmerTweedy
9 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

This is supposed to be a thread "enjoying" the wee teams recent league form (which is relegation form however you want look at it) and how shite they are in general.

Yet the same suspects still manage to turn it into a Robbie-bashing thread.

 

It's really quite pathetic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
indianajones

Hanlon showing great leadership skills at the end there. 

 

Should have saved Boyle from that sending off imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

Has Boyle's ferret escaped from his napper ? They'll never catch that.

🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
john thomas
14 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Hanlon showing great leadership skills at the end there. 

 

Should have saved Boyle from that sending off imo. 

Glanced at the highlights . Thought Boyle was making his appraisal right in the ref's coupon ?

Maybe I missaw (is that a word?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

Has Boyle's ferret escaped from his napper ? They'll never catch that.

It’s quicker than he is 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...