Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )

Craigieboy

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Notable by who? You think any other fans care? We lost, ultimately. 

Generally underdogs get a lot of credit from their own fans, never mind neutrals, when they push a much more fancied team close in a cup final or a league campaign even if they don't ultimately win. Not sure why this seems to be news to you. Celtic had been humping everyone in cup finals for years. We gave them their two hardest cup final games, certainly harder than Hibs have. But you bash on defending them in a thread for slagging them off.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

I’m not claiming to have any deep football expertise - are you?

Yes, I think we need to analyse why we lose matches to improve performances. We could, of course, just write-off in advance matches against Celtic and the The Rangers as part of some natural order. Personally, I want us to consider how we can do better, how we can beat, these teams. If we can’t compete, what’s the point?

You think I was “having a go” at Robbie? Perhaps you could quote what I said in that regard?

I’m sorry if I spoiled your Hibs slag-fest. If I’d realised how much this meant to you, I’d certainly have kept my own counsel.

What's your point here exactly? We have beaten Rangers and Celtic, or a least not lost to them, pretty regularly in the last few years. Some notable wins against a very dominant Celtic team stand out. We beat Rangers to a title. And even Cathro and Stendel - the two worst managers in our history - humped Rangers.

Our problem historically - as every Hearts fan knows - is not games vs the OF, it's not being consistent enough against the other teams. The OF are consistent against all the other teams which is why they win more things. This season is a classic example of that so far. Unbeaten in the league against the OF but lost to Motherwell and Aberdeen.

Anyhow, back to Hibs. Like all the other teams including us they beat the OF now and then. Unlike us though, Hibs are generally shite.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Generally underdogs get a lot of credit from their own fans, never mind neutrals, when they push a much more fancied team close in a cup final or a league campaign even if they don't ultimately win. Not sure why this seems to be news to you. Celtic had been humping everyone in cup finals for years. We gave them their two hardest cup final games, certainly harder than Hibs have. But you bash on defending them in a thread for slagging them off.

Loser mentality.

like hibs. 

“we pushed them hard”

get a grip.  We lost. 

That all conquering Celtic team you’re gushing over won nothing else and finished about 25 points behind the huns too.  They also sacked their manager despite winning the previous seasons Scottish cup against us.  

loser mentality and excuses galore.

you lost me when you you said trying to get soapy to sign a new contract isn’t the same as your obsession with hibs doing the same because the want them to sign new contracts to sell.

you’re full of shite ma pal. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Bazzas right boot

2 results now from being in a relegation fight 😁

Defeat on sat leaves them in the shite for the next game imo. 

St Johnstone away then rangers at home are their next 2. 

They'll them have 6 pointers v Dundee. 

Just seen there 4 fixtures over Xmas as well 

Aberdeen 

Utd

Celtic 

Us

😁

9 hours ago, A.JAMBO said:

someone give me an update please.. 

Hibs are laughably shite, but some jkb posters don't want any discussion to be had on that and are intent on turning this thread into another Robbie Neilson slagfest, like they try to do with every other thread.

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If they lose does he get an extra game ban? 

I don't think there's automatically an extra game ban for losing an appeal, I think there's only an extra game if the appeal is deemed to be frivolous, or deliberately done only to manipulate the game or games any ban applies to.  I could be wrong though! 

7 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Hibs are laughably shite, but some jkb posters don't want any discussion to be had on that and are intent on turning this thread into another Robbie Neilson slagfest, like they try to do with every other thread.

Superb summary sir. 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I don't think there's automatically an extra game ban for losing an appeal, I think there's only an extra game if the appeal is deemed to be frivolous, or deliberately done only to manipulate the game or games any ban applies to.  I could be wrong though! 

Cheers. 

scott herbertson
28 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I’m fairly sure it only applies if you appeal against a red given in a match against Rangers and Celtic so they should be ok on that, unfortunately…,

35 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

😍👌🏻

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You have to ask yourself why?

It couldn’t be that said posters are interlopers who have been deep under cover here for some time?

All just a big mystery.

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

To again answer the original question.

No. The penny will never drop with  them.

that’s true - if a penny dropped Pony up Ron would catch and pocket it before it hit the ground

4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

that’s true - if a penny dropped Pony up Ron would catch and pocket it before it hit the ground

As the old joke goes. It would hit his neck on the way down.

36 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

You have to ask yourself why?

It couldn’t be that said posters are interlopers who have been deep under cover here for some time?

All just a big mystery.

Beat me to it.

I would suggest a fair few of them are 😍

2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Spot on Sir.

They have been mince for a while now and are on a downward trajectory. They have signed up some dross on longer term deals, Stevenson and Hanlon! No re-sale value and both a pretty terrible anyway. If that is the standard of player they want to maintain then there's only one place they are heading. Take Boyle out the team and they are bang average at best. Ross is clueless and is another clone of Levein. Plays eye bleeding football and can't see past the end of his nose on anything. Hopefully they make it 6 in a row on Saturday and head towards the bottom of the league. No team deserves it more. 

Have you seen the excuses some hibs fans are giving for the Doidge red , such as - it was his injured leg so he was protecting it and this beauty

🤣🤣🤣

EDABCA3F-6ADD-43DC-84D9-1F2DC4E3D985.png

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Have you seen the excuses some hibs fans are giving for the Doidge red , such as - it was his injured leg so he was protecting it and this beauty

🤣🤣🤣

EDABCA3F-6ADD-43DC-84D9-1F2DC4E3D985.png

Who's Yogi Hunter?

...'kicks out to gain traction!' 🤣

Edited by Rogue Daddy

My initial contribution here was to point out that regardless of their other woes, Hibs had reached the LC Final whereas we did not. My view was that this ought to have prompted Hearts’ management team and players to consider what went wrong and how we could improve next time. I want to see Hearts in Cup Finals, not Hibs.

Nothing too controversial there, I didn’t think, so I was a bit bemused to be subsequently accused of having a go at Robbie! But seemingly worst still, I was apparently guilty of diluting the purity of a thread where any comment is welcomed so long as it’s along the lines of “Hibs are shite. Repeat.”

Whose is this thread? The Taliban’s? If someone makes a point you consider off-topic then surely you just ignore it? And why the tendency to play the man and not the ball? 

14 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

My initial contribution here was to point out that regardless of their other woes, Hibs had reached the LC Final whereas we did not. My view was that this ought to have prompted Hearts’ management team and players to consider what went wrong and how we could improve next time. I want to see Hearts in Cup Finals, not Hibs.

Nothing too controversial there, I didn’t think, so I was a bit bemused to be subsequently accused of having a go at Robbie! But seemingly worst still, I was apparently guilty of diluting the purity of a thread where any comment is welcomed so long as it’s along the lines of “Hibs are shite. Repeat.”

Whose is this thread? The Taliban’s? If someone makes a point you consider off-topic then surely you just ignore it? And why the tendency to play the man and not the ball? 

We know what went wrong. 

We got drawn against a Celtic team who were on fire and would have beat anyone that day. 

Off course if the rules for Covid call offs were the same for League and cup St Mirren would not have been GIVEN a 3-0 win and we may well have been seeded thus avoiding that game against an in form Celtic. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I suppose this is the time of year to start making Christian appeals.  Perhaps the SFA panel will hand him a food parcel to tide him over the period of his ban.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

We know what went wrong. 

We got drawn against a Celtic team who were on fire and would have beat anyone that day. 

Off course if the rules for Covid call offs were the same for League and cup St Mirren would not have been GIVEN a 3-0 win and we may well have been seeded thus avoiding that game against an in form Celtic. 

This is a key point that the Robbie haters choose to ignore, the fact that midden were handed not only 3 points but also a 3 goal margin without kicking a ball 

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

Hibs are shite mate. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Consider what went wrong?

Aye, it's a real head scratcher..... 

Won all group  games. 

Never got the 2 goals needed v ICT. 

St Mirren got a win and 3 goals handed to them. 

We then got drawn at Parkhead. 

Hopefully we never wasted too much time considering it. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Won all group  games. 

It’s not difficult is it.

Our management and back room staff will have run through the above in their heads in about 30 seconds ending with “bugger. Always next year though”

4 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Firstly, I don't believe you!

Secondly, here's rule 10 of the general posting rules:

10. Responses within a thread must remain on topic to that thread.

It's easy to start a new thread. It's fairly common for threads to go off at a bit of a tangent, but you're not going off at a tangent, you're quite deliberately trying to completely change the topic of the thread.  Go start a new thread if you want to discuss how Hearts somehow managed to fail to win a cup tie despite us having what appears in your head to be two overwhelming advantages of being away from home and not being burdened with a budget several times the one we have!

Thirdly, if I am actually doing you a huge disservice, and you're being honest in the quoted post, what makes you think the management team and players won't have thought of the idea of considering what went wrong and where they could improve,  but will be reading this thread and decide to join in just such a discussion on the thread?

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Firstly, I don't believe you!

Secondly, here's rule 10 of the general posting rules:

10. Responses within a thread must remain on topic to that thread.

It's easy to start a new thread. It's fairly common for threads to go off at a bit of a tangent, but you're not going off at a tangent, you're quite deliberately trying to completely change the topic of the thread.  Go start a new thread if you want to discuss how Hearts somehow managed to fail to win a cup tie despite us having what appears in your head to be two overwhelming advantages of being away from home and not being burdened with a budget several times the one we have!

Thirdly, if I am actually doing you a huge disservice, and you're being honest in the quoted post, what makes you think the management team and players won't have thought of the idea of considering what went wrong and where they could improve,  but will be reading this thread and decide to join in just such a discussion on the thread?

I’d like to think the management/players do indeed seek to improve. But perhaps because of “being away from home” and facing a club with greater resources you think we should accept defeat with good grace and no questions asked?

Ferguson’s Aberdeen didn’t allow these things to impede their progress. Shouldn’t we want Hearts to be winners and want what it takes to achieve success?

Somehow, I don’t think Hibs will go into the LC Final concerned that the match is being played in Glasgow or that Celtic are a wealthier club.

I felt I was remaining within topic by talking about Hibs. I do accept I was guilty of not meeting expectations by gratuitously slagging them. I was disappointed that it was Hibs and not us that is one game from a trophy success. That doesn’t sit well with me. 
I went on to suggest we needed to examine why we didn’t do better. I made no criticism of Robbie. If you can quote me criticising Robbie, feel free to expose my lies.

But as I said earlier, even if someone is guilty of straying off-topic does it really matter that much? All the purists need to do is ignore it.

August Landmesser
8 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I’d like to think the management/players do indeed seek to improve. But perhaps because of “being away from home” and facing a club with greater resources you think we should accept defeat with good grace and no questions asked?

Ferguson’s Aberdeen didn’t allow these things to impede their progress. Shouldn’t we want Hearts to be winners and want what it takes to achieve success?

Somehow, I don’t think Hibs will go into the LC Final concerned that the match is being played in Glasgow or that Celtic are a wealthier club.

I felt I was remaining within topic by talking about Hibs. I do accept I was guilty of not meeting expectations by gratuitously slagging them. I was disappointed that it was Hibs and not us that is one game from a trophy success. That doesn’t sit well with me. 
I went on to suggest we needed to examine why we didn’t do better. I made no criticism of Robbie. If you can quote me criticising Robbie, feel free to expose my lies.

But as I said earlier, even if someone is guilty of straying off-topic does it really matter that much? All the purists need to do is ignore it.

:fth:

7 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Whose is this thread? The Taliban’s? If someone makes a point you consider off-topic then surely you just ignore it? And why the tendency to play the man and not the ball? 

It’s Who’s.

And, just for reference, Hibs are pish.  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Underdog FC said:

It’s not.

Though, Hibs are indeed pish.

You’re quite correct on both counts.

My mistake on the first.  👍

9 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Not saw a Taliban in ages, love a wee jammy poke

Edited by A.JAMBO

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Won all group  games. 

glossing over the inability to beat a championship team at home by more than 1 goal resulted in the draw that we had.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

glossing over the inability to beat a championship team at home by more than 1 goal resulted in the draw that we had.

I mentioned that, it wasn't glossed over. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )