Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )

Craigieboy

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

It's funny but it all seems like yesterday. The 1954 final I remember for one reason. Our family went by special train(yes it was a steam train) but the train was late. By the time got in we we're 2 - 0 up. The old man was raging. Greàt day though. Hope you see it soon.

Sounds memorable. I’ve never been on a steam train either, need a new bucket list ffs 😆

Let’s hope we all see it soon 👍🏽

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

Ronald Villiers

The Hibs goalie is shan.  Pity Ross County never took their other chances.  You've got to love Hibs and the amount of times they've Hibsd it.  

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ronald Villiers said:

The Hibs goalie is shan.  Pity Ross County never took their other chances.  You've got to love Hibs and the amount of times they've Hibsd it.  

Indeed he is, lucky he didn’t cause another one with a dodgy pass. 
The goal reminded me of a Robbo cross that Baird missed and went past Burridge at Tynecastle for another GK mistake against us and victory 😆

****ing .nut is hilarious , the refs a cheat and lied about Boyle is this afternoon’s take. As is Tillson’s challenge was worse than Porteous on Aribo. I mean hebhad no pace didnt catch the Hibs player with a straight leg , didn’t have any aggression to the challenge to make it reckless but fair enough. Also the ref was laughing and smiling whilst ****ing Hibs over

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

No way they can appeal those red cards.

Doidge clearly makes a second movement with his foot on the guys thigh and Boyle not only gives the ref verbal abuse but also says something again towards the ref after being shown the red card.

Has the air of a “You’re a …….’ Moment. Easy card to give 

Ronald Villiers
32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed he is, lucky he didn’t cause another one with a dodgy pass. 
The goal reminded me of a Robbo cross that Baird missed and went past Burridge at Tynecastle for another GK mistake against us and victory 😆

🤣 Just when you think they've signed a decent keeper he turns out to be another Calamity Joe.  

15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I said it before you 😜

Hibs will sell 17k no problem 

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

I didn't see the Hearts TV coverage but Robbie was interviewed right after the game for Sportscene.

Perhaps you could arrange a personal one to one with him on Saturday

Ffs,all I'm saying is he did not give the usual point to camera that he always does for Hearts tv. You know,that channel that Hearts fan pay for, in the expectation we'll get his opinion as to how he thought it went. 

To miss it wasn't normal 

Let's leave it though. You obviously disagree. 

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Being serious here for a minute. Hibs are as well forfeiting their game on Saturday. No Boyle means no chance for them. What are they going to do? Launch 60 yard punts to the empty space where he should be? Just call this one off as well Hibs. Have a Saturday in the hoose and rest up before Your next pumping. 

Yep,time for another unfortunate plague.

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Doidge clearly makes a second movement with his foot on the guys thigh and Boyle not only gives the ref verbal abuse but also says something again towards the ref after being shown the red card.

I noticed just before the final whistle, that Boyle was shouting his head off in a very aggressive manner about a decision that the ref gave.  I half expected him to be called over at that point but he wasn't.  However, it's clear that his discipline had gone by then so what happened later was really no surprise.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Hibs will sell 17k no problem 

I’ve already got a bet that they won’t, depends on how many glory hunters fancy it. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ronald Villiers said:

🤣 Just when you think they've signed a decent keeper he turns out to be another Calamity Joe.  

What made you think that 😱🤔😜, they’ve never had one that hasn’t made gaffes in derbies in my 51 years on this earth 😂

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve already got a bet that they won’t, depends on how many glory hunters fancy it. 

The way  i see it is PFK is Hibs reportedly sold 10k for the  Sunday Semi Final in a game they were underdogs

17k   should sell and lets face they will  give anyone and there dug  CF ticket if they ask 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Drew Wallace said:

The way  i see it is PFK is Hibs reportedly sold 10k for the  Sunday Semi Final in a game they were underdogs

17k   should sell and lets face they will  give anyone and there dug  CF ticket if they ask 

I think their poor form in the run up to the game might hit sales, and that it’s a week before Xmas on a Sunday.

We didn’t sell out 20k against Celtic in the SC final in May in comparison. 
Time will tell and you’re probably right 👍🏽, buy a Santa hat and get a free ticket 😆.

Us and St Johnstone win on Saturday and the Saints jump over hibs and St liedown. That would be a good weekend.

Ronald Villiers
29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What made you think that 😱🤔😜, they’ve never had one that hasn’t made gaffes in derbies in my 51 years on this earth 😂

I know mate but he played ok at Tynie and my mate spoke highly of him.  He said the same about Magennis and Doyle-Hayes or whatever his name is right enough. 🤣

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I know mate but he played ok at Tynie and my mate spoke highly of him.  He said the same about Magennis and Doyle-Hayes or whatever his name is right enough. 🤣

Yeah he did well against us, he’s made a few gaffes this season apparently. When they allegedly had a Covid outbreak a Hibee in the pub said “the GK will be ok as he hasn’t caught anything all season” 😆

Hopefully this is them on the way down earlier than usual. Lose Boyle for any length of time and they are serious relegation candidates. We need to turn the screw and get the 3 points on Saturday, we have some tough fixtures coming up and we need maximise our home form as there's no way we can rely on picking anything up away from home. 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Ffs,all I'm saying is he did not give the usual point to camera that he always does for Hearts tv. You know,that channel that Hearts fan pay for, in the expectation we'll get his opinion as to how he thought it went. 

To miss it wasn't normal 

Let's leave it though. You obviously disagree. 

Maybe he was busy ripping into his players for that performance, which I think was of a higher priority than coming on Hearts TV to say "we were pish"

9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Maybe he was busy ripping into his players for that performance, which I think was of a higher priority than coming on Hearts TV to say "we were pish"

Well I hope your correct. Well see this weekend.

5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well done referee.

First red is spot on.

Boyle thinking he can abuse as much as he likes, he obviously went too far to piss the ref off.

Lovely, great result and two reds.

18 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

I’m not suggesting it’s only Robbie who carries the can for our failure and I certainly don’t “hate” Robbie.

But the fact remains its Hibs who’ve reached the Final, not us.
So I think it’s reasonable to reflect on why that’s come about…

Firstly, if you need to reflect, or debate, losing an away game against celtic, you clearly don't have much clue about football. 

Secondly, if you need to do either, how about doing it on some other thread, rather than dragging this one off topic?

Thirdly, if you actually do feel the need to drag a thread about slagging h1b5 off topic to have a go at Robbie Neilson, either you hate him, or you hate seeing the weeteam take a slagging.  

9 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

This is supposed to be a thread "enjoying" the wee teams recent league form (which is relegation form however you want look at it) and how shite they are in general.

Yet the same suspects still manage to turn it into a Robbie-bashing thread.

It's really quite pathetic.

14 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Hanlon showing great leadership skills at the end there. 

Should have saved Boyle from that sending off imo. 

Glanced at the highlights . Thought Boyle was making his appraisal right in the ref's coupon ?

Maybe I missaw (is that a word?)

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Has Boyle's ferret escaped from his napper ? They'll never catch that.

It’s quicker than he is 

mickycameron98

Pretty brutal a run like that, I mind Hearts had 6 defeats on the bounce around season 07/08 and you start to wonder when it will end! Hopefully for Hibs it continues on and on 😂

13 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Firstly, if you need to reflect, or debate, losing an away game against celtic, you clearly don't have much clue about football. 

Secondly, if you need to do either, how about doing it on some other thread, rather than dragging this one off topic?

Thirdly, if you actually do feel the need to drag a thread about slagging h1b5 off topic to have a go at Robbie Neilson, either you hate him, or you hate seeing the weeteam take a slagging.  

I’m not claiming to have any deep football expertise - are you?

Yes, I think we need to analyse why we lose matches to improve performances. We could, of course, just write-off in advance matches against Celtic and the The Rangers as part of some natural order. Personally, I want us to consider how we can do better, how we can beat, these teams. If we can’t compete, what’s the point?

You think I was “having a go” at Robbie? Perhaps you could quote what I said in that regard?

I’m sorry if I spoiled your Hibs slag-fest. If I’d realised how much this meant to you, I’d certainly have kept my own counsel.

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s quicker than he is 

Can't blame it, stuck on that head, be gone like a bat out of hell, first chance it gets. :laugh:

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Glanced at the highlights . Thought Boyle was making his appraisal right in the ref's coupon ?

Maybe I missaw (is that a word?)

He was but his captain had every opportunity to pull him away. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Can't blame it, stuck on that head, be gone like a bat out of hell, first chance it gets. :laugh:

Hahahahaha 

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

Yes, I think we need to analyse why we lose matches to improve performances. We could, of course, just write-off in advance matches against Celtic and the The Rangers as part of some natural order. Personally, I want us to consider how we can do better, how we can beat, these teams. If we can’t compete, what’s the point?

You think I was “having a go” at Robbie? Perhaps you could quote what I said in that regard?

I’m sorry if I spoiled your Hibs slag-fest. If I’d realised how much this meant to you, I’d certainly have kept my own counsel.

It's fair enough if you want to change the subject of a thread. But its more than fair to ask you to piss off to another thread. Of which there are plenty. (I've said all season those critical of Neilson have shot themselves in the foot when they couldn't tell us the failings of team when we were winning.)

It's very clear there are a group of posters, including myself who love to join in in anything that makes Hibs bad. And there are others like you who don't 

2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

That's just what we have done this season so far in the league isn't it.

Oh!! Wait, hang on,  we have beaten Celtic at Tynecastle and drawn with the Rangers at Ibrox so far this season, perhaps we didn't write off these games.

And finally to keep the post on the subject of the thread.

FTH

Guest ToqueJambo
On 22/11/2021 at 12:32, Robbies Tackle said:

You’re tried really hard against Celtic is hibs mentality. We lost. 

I didn't say we tried hard. I said we pushed them close, closer than any other non OF team vs Celtic in a final in recent years, certainly a lot closer than Hibs ever had. That's notable.

3 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

If you think posters on jkb analysing why we lost an away game to celtic will improve the team's performances, you're living in a land even further removed from reality than cloud cuckoo land is!

45 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

That's just what we have done this season so far in the league isn't it.

Oh!! Wait, hang on,  we have beaten Celtic at Tynecastle and drawn with the Rangers at Ibrox so far this season, perhaps we didn't write off these games.

And finally to keep the post on the subject of the thread.

FTH

Excellent post!

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree it would good if Robbie gave interviews after Hibs defeats. 

Poor show last night. 

😂😂😂😂

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs appealing dodgy red

If they lose does he get an extra game ban? 

Naisys Tackle
55 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I didn't say we tried hard. I said we pushed them close, closer than any other non OF team vs Celtic in a final in recent years, certainly a lot closer than Hibs ever had. That's notable.

Notable by who? You think any other fans care? We lost, ultimately. 

Ronald Villiers
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah he did well against us, he’s made a few gaffes this season apparently. When they allegedly had a Covid outbreak a Hibee in the pub said “the GK will be ok as he hasn’t caught anything all season” 😆

🤣 I suppose he's better than poppadom hands that we had on loan from Man U.  Wouldnae be hard right enough.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

🤣 I suppose he's better than poppadom hands that we had on loan from Man U.  Wouldnae be hard right enough.

I think a cardboard cut out would be better to be honest 🤦🏽

Pasquale for King

Apparently they’ve ****ed up the ticketing already, they can only get two together instead of the four that’s in your group. Overheard a Hibby moaning about it,,each ST holder can buy two tickets he said 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔

Ronald Villiers
21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think a cardboard cut out would be better to be honest 🤦🏽

🤣

On 24/11/2021 at 22:33, John Findlay said:

When did they win at Ibrox? I must have missed that.

My bad. :lol: 

It was late at night.

• davemclaren changed the title to Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )