Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )

Craigieboy

8 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

We’ve been to the last two Scottish cup finals, both when league form was atrocious. What is your point?

2 in a row, but not the last 2.

Try as I might its hard to forget getting knocked out last year.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

8 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

We’ve been to the last two Scottish cup finals, both when league form was atrocious. What is your point?

My point? Simply that I’m greedy - I want Hearts to be successful all the time.

But I’m also realistic and know that’s unlikely 😕

And while we can all laugh at their current league form, the reality is that it’s Hibs, not us, who are are a game away from winning a trophy. 
That doesn’t sit well.

The Treasurer

This is supposed to be a thread "enjoying" the wee teams recent league form (which is relegation form however you want look at it) and how shite they are in general.

Yet the same suspects still manage to turn it into a Robbie-bashing thread.

Absolute Scenes
53 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

2 in a row, but not the last 2.

Try as I might its hard to forget getting knocked out last year.

Holy hell how did I forget that 😳 that’s worrying 😅 definitely repressed that.

8 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

This is supposed to be a thread "enjoying" the wee teams recent league form (which is relegation form however you want look at it) and how shite they are in general.

There's no getting away from it,this forum has more than its fair share of boaby bashers.

Edited by TypoonJambo

"I don't think we were poor, I don't think we were exceptional," Ross told BBC Scotland. 

no Jackie boy , you were just perfect , please continue this great league form 

10 hours ago, sadj said:

Ross pretty much saying that they’ll appeal both reds. 

Boyle just appraised the ref , he didnt aim it at the ref 🤣🤣🤣

Have I got this right.

Hibs have a dodgy covid outbreak to avoid playing a team who are on a high after their first league win and Hibs are on a run of 4 straight league defeats, only to then go on and lose the rearranged game anyway and also get 2 players sent off as well, then the coup de grace is that they then have a tough game every 3 or 4 days for the entire month of December.  :rofl:

If only they'd had played the original game against Ross County, then maybe, they wouldn't now be in this shit hole. :laugh:

Hibs the gift that just keeps on giving.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

He is hibs through and through. Never stops praising them so best ignored

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

He is hibs through and through. Never stops praising them so best ignored

Sadly it's a lot more than just the one sad individual

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Bit less we will appeal them than his Sportsound one

Admits Boyle did say what the referee heard but he just said it. He didn't say it to the referee.

Deep thinkers. 

43 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

At least he had the baws to give a post match interview. Robbie was noticeably absent on Hearts tv.

iwasthere1954
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably because we couldn’t score another goal against ICT and got Celtic as a result, who knows what would’ve happened if we had avoided them.
Another year of frustration for most of us who’ve never seen us win this cup. Sixty years now ffs 🤦🏽

Sorry PfK but its only 59. I was there as I was at all the other 3 wins. God that makes me feel even older than I am 

14 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

At least he had the baws to give a post match interview. Robbie was noticeably absent on Hearts tv.

Agree it would good if Robbie gave interviews after Hibs defeats. 

Poor show last night. 

30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Admits Boyle did say what the referee heard but he just said it. He didn't say it to the referee.

Deep thinkers. 

Yup he said he was appraising the ref not saying it to him 🤣

18 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

**** off with this pish to a Hearts thread , this place is pathetic at times.

lets laugh at hibs because Hibs , aye but Robbie , Ann , McKinley , Hearts 🤪

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree it would good if Robbie gave interviews after Hibs defeats. 

Poor show last night. 

🤣🤣 brilliant response , def more measured than mine. Imagine living in a world where you have to equate everything with being disparaging to your own club

The Treasurer
24 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Give it a rest 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

**** off with this pish to a Hearts thread , this place is pathetic at times.

lets laugh at hibs because Hibs , aye but Robbie , Ann , McKinley , Hearts 🤪

Well tbf it’s not like there’s at least 6 other threads on here about Robbie…. Oh wait….

Back to Hibs this is their poorest league run since Terry Butcher….. and we know how that ended for them…

The Treasurer
37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Deep thinkers. 

First thing I thought of was John McEnroe "I was talking to myself"  when he was losing it with the umpire at Wimbledon.

I think even the Tash will find it hard to make this one go away

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

My point? Simply that I’m greedy - I want Hearts to be successful all the time.

But I’m also realistic and know that’s unlikely 😕

And while we can all laugh at their current league form, the reality is that it’s Hibs, not us, who are are a game away from winning a trophy. 
That doesn’t sit well.

Well let's hope they're focused on final and continue to lose every league game until then, and after it as well.

Why care about LC final anyway, we aren't in it and it doesn't effect us. Hopefully Celtic will win, god I feel sick even saying it, but nothing we can do.

Another couple of defeats and Ross will be shown the door and replaced with a more compliant yes man who will have no qualms about moving players on for cash.  Ron will be casting an eye on possible candidates just now. Who knows they might even get a Yank to front up his Soccer Ball franchise.  Anyway I get the feeling the next few weeks are going to be quite enjoyable.

28 minutes ago, Zico said:

They are ****ed without the diving toupee. Wonderful. 

The idiot commentating last night actually said “Boyle who never goes down easily” 

38 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Well tbf it’s not like there’s at least 6 other threads on here about Robbie…. Oh wait….

Back to Hibs this is their poorest league run since Terry Butcher….. and we know how that ended for them…

Pathetic isn’t it. Rangers next midweek isnt it? 

Malinga the Swinga
33 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Another couple of defeats and Ross will be shown the door and replaced with a more compliant yes man who will have no qualms about moving players on for cash.  Ron will be casting an eye on possible candidates just now. Who knows they might even get a Yank to front up his Soccer Ball franchise.  Anyway I get the feeling the next few weeks are going to be quite enjoyable.

They don't need to look far. They brought in Steve Kean earlier in month. He'll take over if Ross goes.

Good news is that majority of Hibs support aren't worried over losing 5 league games in a row. It only becomes crisis if they lose 9, 10 or 11 according to those experts on. Net.

Excellent, they will be sleepwalking into bottom two soon enough.

52 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Give it a rest 

Why? It's a fact.  I'm not a Robbie basher but i am dissapointed that he didn't do the usual post match interview after Saturday.  Like it or not Ross did. He acknowledged the fact,in front of camera,that what his players had served up wasn't good enough. Were all raging about Saturday, what do we get? Silence. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

The idiot commentating last night actually said “Boyle who never goes down easily” 

Naw! 😂

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Sorry PfK but its only 59. I was there as I was at all the other 3 wins. God that makes me feel even older than I am 

We are not going to win it this year so I was counting that too, so even if we hopefully win it next year that will be 60 years in my extremely flawed logic 🤪🤦🏽
Sorry for making you feel older than you are, I’m jealous and yet happy that at least some of us have seen us win it.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

First thing I thought of was John McEnroe "I was talking to myself"  when he was losing it with the umpire at Wimbledon.

I think even the Tash will find it hard to make this one go away

Boyle is shouting into the face of the referee.

Would think they will appeal the Doidge one.

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jack Ross said Hibs were only under pressure after the sending off.

No way they can appeal those red cards.

Doidge clearly makes a second movement with his foot on the guys thigh and Boyle not only gives the ref verbal abuse but also says something again towards the ref after being shown the red card.

Niemi’s gloves
26 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Why? It's a fact.  I'm not a Robbie basher but i am dissapointed that he didn't do the usual post match interview after Saturday.  Like it or not Ross did. He acknowledged the fact,in front of camera,that what his players had served up wasn't good enough. Were all raging about Saturday, what do we get? Silence. 

There’s a post match interview (not TV) on the Hearts website with Robbie dating from last Saturday. And there are the usual quotes from both managers at the end of the BBC report on the game. So clearly he talked to the press and was in no way hiding from anybody. And he fully acknowledged that we weren’t good enough on the day. Maybe Hearts tv had a technical problem?

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/reaction-robbie-neilson-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Boyle is shouting into the face of the referee.

Would think they will appeal the Doidge one.

Shouting in the face and pointing directly towards him. Even the most stupid Hibbee would find it difficult to say he wasn't being abusive towards an official! 

With Jack Ross questioning this decision last night he should be brought before the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute. No ref should have to deal with that level of abuse and no manager should back their player when behaving like this. Typical Hibs class. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

No way they can appeal those red cards.

Doidge clearly makes a second movement with his foot on the guys thigh and Boyle not only gives the ref verbal abuse but also says something again towards the ref after being shown the red card.

Hopefully they will as both will be held up and maybe add a game on for the cheek of it. 
Not entirely sure from the highlights what they were upset about, Doidge clearly kicked the boy as opposed to taking his foot away. 

Just now, washniklaw said:

Shouting in the face and pointing directly towards him. Even the most stupid Hibbee would find it difficult to say he wasn't being abusive towards an official! 

With Jack Ross questioning this decision last night he should be brought before the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute. No ref should have to deal with that level of abuse and no manager should back their player when behaving like this. Typical Hibs class. 

Seems like Boyle lied to Ross about what he did. 

To be fair to Ross he said he needed to watch the incidents again. 

The Treasurer
38 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I didn't see the Hearts TV coverage but Robbie was interviewed right after the game for Sportscene.

Perhaps you could arrange a personal one to one with him on Saturday

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, washniklaw said:

Exactly, even if he didn’t swear it’s still abusing the official who seemed to get the major decision correct. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly, even if he didn’t swear it’s still abusing the official who seemed to get the major decision correct. 

And Hanlon had already had a conversation with the ref, so there was no need. 

45 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Because its a Hibs thread to laugh at Hibs there is plenty of Hearts or Robbie threads. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

And Hanlon had already had a conversation with the ref, so there was no need. 

Exactly, as the captain he’s allowed to talk to the ref. 
Poo discipline added onto their many other faults. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Seems like Boyle lied to Ross about what he did. 

To be fair to Ross he said he needed to watch the incidents again. 

Not sure , Ross said the language was consistent but Boyle said it was an appraisal not aimed at the ref. Whatever the language used he said was consistent. Ross just sounded like he was trying to sow some sort of confusion as the basis of an appeal

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I thought the ref was poor , County could easy have had two pens and Hibs one. The rest of the decisions maybe certainly Doidge’s red he didn’t even argue he knew what he had done. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Not sure , Ross said the language was consistent but Boyle said it was an appraisal not aimed at the ref. Whatever the language used he said was consistent. Ross just sounded like he was trying to sow some sort of confusion as the basis of an appeal

There's no confusion when you watch the footage.

Doyle and Doidge can't play together anyway, at least under Ross. 

Being serious here for a minute. Hibs are as well forfeiting their game on Saturday. No Boyle means no chance for them. What are they going to do? Launch 60 yard punts to the empty space where he should be? Just call this one off as well Hibs. Have a Saturday in the hoose and rest up before Your next pumping. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, sadj said:

I thought the ref was poor , County could easy have had two pens and Hibs one. The rest of the decisions maybe certainly Doidge’s red he didn’t even argue he knew what he had done. 

I only saw the highlights so it’s hard to judge, but that sounds like he did Hibs a favour in no giving two penalties against them. Hardly worth two if their players giving him dogs abuse at FT. 
Doidge was the only one not complaining it seemed, which is telling as you say. 
Love it. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Being serious here for a minute. Hibs are as well forfeiting their game on Saturday. No Boyle means no chance for them. What are they going to do? Launch 60 yard punts to the empty space where he should be? Just call this one off as well Hibs. Have a Saturday in the hoose and rest up before Your next pumping. 

Just have a walk around Leith beforehand, they’re bound to catch something and get a few more games postponed. 

iwasthere1954
45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We are not going to win it this year so I was counting that too, so even if we hopefully win it next year that will be 60 years in my extremely flawed logic 🤪🤦🏽
Sorry for making you feel older than you are, I’m jealous and yet happy that at least some of us have seen us win it.

It's funny but it all seems like yesterday. The 1954 final I remember for one reason. Our family went by special train(yes it was a steam train) but the train was late. By the time got in we we're 2 - 0 up. The old man was raging. Greàt day though. Hope you see it soon.

• davemclaren changed the title to Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )