Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )

Craigieboy

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, jambo-in-furness said:

They will be hoping that Doig being on a long contract will raise his value,  I hope Doig got a good deal wage wise,  then if their tactics don’t work guess what?

They’ll have Hibsed it yet again,  talk about Russian Roulette lol.

Yet another similarity with Romanov. Handing out 5 year contracts like sweeties in the hope of a return in a year or two. Doig could be good long term or he could be Gordon Smith.

It's no surprise English clubs' supposed interest in Doig was nothing concrete, if there was any at all, when you look at how good Cochrane is. With players like Cochrane and Beni hanging around the U23s of English sides, no wonder no-ones paid the £5m (hahahah) asking price for Doig. His early form may just have been down to playing in front of no crowds or something. We've seem many times young players coming through and doing great for 20 or so games then never fulfilling that early potential.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Don's reporting £5.2 million loss.

Got to laugh at Cormack bemoaning how most of the loss is down to not being allowed crowds in, while at the same time deliberately limiting the number of fans allowed in now full crowds are allowed. That guy is some bullshit merchant, same as Gordon and Helms. Must be something in the water over in the USA.

I wonder if the surge in new contracts is a workaround to repay the deferred wages from 2020.  Increased terms for the players and to avoid breaking any SPFL rules. Hmmmmm.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Mark_Mywords said:

I wonder if the surge in new contracts is a workaround to repay the deferred wages from 2020.  Increased terms for the players and to avoid breaking any SPFL rules. Hmmmmm.

Could be a good shout. Doig is probably worth the gamble but got to be some reason they extended Hanlon and Stevensons contracts instead of finding better options. Hanlon maybe but Stevenson?

Naisys Tackle
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Pretty obvious. We're not pimping him out and trying to sell him like Hibs have been doing with their "best" players. Totally different approach. We've made it crystal clear we want to keep him.

We will in negotiations to sign him again and when he signs.  Did Hibs say they want to sell Boyle or Cummings? But it’s obvious new contracts are to sell players eventually 

The White Cockade

To be honest if we keep playing as badly away from home as we are they could well finish above us

Maybe we need  a reality check as well

diabolical performance today

Hibs could win their games in hand and catch us. Winnable games tbh 

They are in a semi of cup we haven’t won in 60 years 

Regardless of the individual merits of the players - they are signing new deals. While Soutar is walking away 

Is the penny finally going to drop with us and Neilson? 

Malinga the Swinga
On 19/11/2021 at 11:47, Ked said:

Quite a few posts that want to not enjoy this thread.

Not that there aren't sufficient threads to criticise Hearts performance on yesterday, I see a few of the most miserable and anti Neilson ones have started to use this one as well.

A thread laughing at Hibs and folk want to derail it. No doubt they'll be hoping Hibs beat Rangers this afternoon. 

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not that there aren't sufficient threads to criticise Hearts performance on yesterday, I see a few of the most miserable and anti Neilson ones have started to use this one as well.

A thread laughing at Hibs and folk want to derail it. No doubt they'll be hoping Hibs beat Rangers this afternoon

There’s certainly one poster on Kickback who’ll be hoping for that.

51 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Regardless of the individual merits of the players - they are signing new deals. While Soutar is walking away 

On yer bike - go and troll somewhere else 

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Just like us the games are easily lost as well.We are hot and cold Hibs have been absolute horseshit for ages now with no sign of it getting better.Last decent match they had was against Rangers and they lost its been freefall since.

3 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

On yer bike - go and troll somewhere else 

There is nothing in that post, that isn’t factually correct (59 years since we won the League Cup )

sometimes you need to take of the maroon tinted glasses

22 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

They will be hoping that Doig being on a long contract will raise his value,  I hope Doig got a good deal wage wise,  then if their tactics don’t work guess what?

They’ll have Hibsed it yet again,  talk about Russian Roulette lol.

Must have been the easiest deal ever made, offer him a 5 year deal on decent money, hawk him round every team in the world in January, Doig either stays on decent money at Hibs or gets a wage rise at some wee village team down south the lads hit the jackpot!

Good post but won’t go down well with some on here 

A few leaps of faith required there.  Hibs beating Rangers today and then putting a run of league wins together is highly unlikely.

4 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Souter 'walking away'? Really. Souter is looking at all his options , as anyone would, before making his mind up. NO ONE PERSON'S fault. He will not 'walk away' and could earn us some cash in January. We have players signing new deals......nothing new here. We have just been promoted and have, with the exception of a few matches, had a wonderful season. Certainly better than a lot of posters on here thought at the seat of this new season, particularly our resident 'Neilson haters'!!!!!

On 20/11/2021 at 11:08, Mikey1874 said:

The Aberdeen report mentions wage deferrals as helping them in the period (they say they were facing £10 million loss without things like deferrals, loans, cash injections and insurance) so presumably paying these back will be in next year's accounts. 

They better get bigger crowds then to have a chance of a smaller loss.

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Good post but won’t go down well with some on here 

Might help if it was posted on a more relevant thread.

As malinga points out theres plenty.

This ones for us Hearts supporters to point and laugh at Hibs.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 20/11/2021 at 10:13, Robbies Tackle said:

We will in negotiations to sign him again and when he signs.  Did Hibs say they want to sell Boyle or Cummings? But it’s obvious new contracts are to sell players eventually 

It's not obvious at all and we have not been pimping our players out like Hibs did with Nisbet, Doig and Porteous this past year.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 hours ago, jbee647 said:

There is nothing in that post, that isn’t factually correct (59 years since we won the League Cup )

sometimes you need to take of the maroon tinted glasses

I'm pretty sure Hibs would not be in the LC final if they'd been drawn with Celtic in the first round. Let's see if they can put up as good a fight as we did in a cup final against them.

Naisys Tackle
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's not obvious at all and we have not been pimping our players out like Hibs did with Nisbet, Doig and Porteous this past year.

Like we did with Hickey last year you mean? 

Naisys Tackle
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm pretty sure Hibs would not be in the LC final if they'd been drawn with Celtic in the first round. Let's see if they can put up as good a fight as we did in a cup final against them.

Did we get a medal for the good fight? 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

This doesn't look cool now. 😀

They're away to Ross County then st Johnstone this week. 

This thread could be cooler than cool by next Saturday. 

:fonzie:

Naisys Tackle
27 minutes ago, martoon said:

An entire set of them, RT.

A runners up medal then.  Same ultimately as what the wee team got when we smashed them in the final. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

A runners up medal then.  Same ultimately as what the wee team got when we smashed them in the final. 

...and hopefully all they'll get next month.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Did we get a medal for the good fight? 

I believe so, but that's not the point is it. You bash on defending Hibs to the hilt on a thread that is for slagging them off though.

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Wonder if they'll be 'so proud' of their team again when they are gubbed by three goals in the final?

I’ll be happy if they lose by one goal tbh 

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s see how they handle all these games between now and we next play them in January. 

This. Horrendous run of fixtures, all their own doing. No way they are coming through that run without dropping a load of points. A cup final defeat and then a home defeat to us, perfect.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

This. Horrendous run of fixtures, all their own doing. No way they are coming through that run without dropping a load of points. A cup final defeat and then a home defeat to us, perfect.

Sounds good to me. 

Naisys Tackle

No not like we did with HIckey at all.

We flogged him last year to the highest bidder.  We want JS to stay to sign a deal to sell on in the future.  Just like Hibs are doing and have done.  Weird to say it’s different when it’s exactly the same. 

Naisys Tackle

I believe so, but that's not the point is it. You bash on defending Hibs to the hilt on a thread that is for slagging them off though.

You’re tried really hard against Celtic is hibs mentality. We lost. 

Салатные палочки

I see they've released a t shirt mocking a manager they never managed a win against in three and a half years and doesn't even live in the country anymore :laugh2:

Screenshot_20211123-173821_Chrome.jpg.df9281e6c92d531f4f95d030ffca0709.jpg

22 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I see they've released a t shirt mocking a manager they never managed a win against in three and a half years and doesn't even live in the country anymore :laugh2:

Oh dear.  Hibs "class", I'm assuming...

Oh dear - that T-Shirt 🤣🤣🤣 pathetic. Noticed after their covid holiday Creepy Ross is now greeting about their December pile up of fixtures.  Always the victim , just like their big brothers. 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Portydogsh*te came across as the thick hibs prick that he is when he gave it the "do we look happy, well don't ask silly questions" patter in the interview after the game. Boyle standing beside with his moronic bugs bunny grin. He's a hibs prick as well. 

8 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Hibs will be bottom six, that was a freak result yesterday.  They are awful.

Do not think so I would love it but cannot see it myself.

13 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

That t shirt will never get edited or photoshopped after they get beat in the final

😎😎😎

36 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

That t shirt will never get edited or photoshopped after they get beat in the final

😎😎😎

Was the first thing I thought, it’s Hibs and every time they do this type of thing it comes back to haunt them.

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Was the first thing I thought, it’s Hibs and every time they do this type of thing it comes back to haunt them.

They never learn do they ? You’d think they had won the thing the hype is hilarious. The funniest thing is that this t-shirt is from the actual club itself 🤣🤣.    It’s just such a hibsed it in the making.

deluded vermin arseholes. Ross County will beat them tonight as will St Johnstone in Perth this Saturday. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

• davemclaren changed the title to Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )