Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )

Craigieboy

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Lido said:

I think they borrowed £2.88 million.

Don't know when the first payment is due.

Sounds right, by memory was there not a years delay allowed  on the repayments.

I remember several clubs accessing the loan.

Simply maths will likely reveal that their loan will be more than the SPFL prize money. Hopefully for most it reveals that staying in the top flight for prize money cost more in loans to achieve said prize money.😁

Not us tho, we got £500k😎

When you look back it was actually a very good year ( in context of relegations) to get demoted.

cut back the squad, reset, less games. Come back up with no extra loans then spend the wonga on promotion when all is back to normal.

Edited by Smith's right boot

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

54 minutes ago, Mark_Mywords said:

As I say, I've stopped making cakes years ago, but here is one with the old main stand...

A thing of beauty 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Sounds right, by memory was there not a years delay allowed  on the repayments.

I remember several clubs accessing the loan.

Simply maths will likely reveal that their loan will be more than the SPFL prize money. Hopefully for most it reveals that staying in the top flight for prize money cost more in loans to achieve said prize money.😁

Not us tho, we got £500k😎

When you look back it was actually a very good year ( in context of relegations) to get demoted.

cut back the squad, reset, less games. Come back up with no extra loans then spend the wonga on promotion when all is back to normal.

So even when they shafted us they hubsed it

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Mark_Mywords said:

As I say, I've stopped making cakes years ago, but here is one with the old main stand...

Congratulations.  That is truly remarkable

I think the penny has dropped with most hobos but then  delusion and denial kicks in, there own comfort blanket it seems 

Brilliant, as they know what's coming and it aint gonny be pretty imo

FTH

3 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

Some of the FOH money should be diverted to you so you can make Hearts cakes full time. That is wonderful. 

3 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

In the hours since you posted the cooncil have been overwhelmed with emails about that spongy old main stand.

Hope you've got the safety certificate sorted, Mark.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yes.  To sell him.  Like they’ve done with Boyle. 

Well, no. We haven't taken a similar approach at all.

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

At least the new guy said there's no evidence of any benefit from the tie up with Brighton. 

I think this so called tie in with Brighton is hilarious given Alex Cochrane has been one of our best players this year.

Naisys Tackle
39 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Well, no. We haven't taken a similar approach at all.

So we aren’t trying to get him to sign to sell him for millions in the future?  Eh?

5 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Whatever the reasons, we’ve been through all that and came out the other end, certainly stronger financially with the infrastructure in place to make the club financially secure more than any other time in my lifetime. The next year or two will be telling for Hibs as to what the owners real intentions are.

Bizarre response to my post !

Was talking about American investors in Scottish football in general . 

scott herbertson
5 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

If I had that it would be final proof you can't have your cake AND eat it

3 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Bizarre response to my post !

Was talking about American investors in Scottish football in general . 

Apologies for quoting you but it is on a thread about Hibs 

19 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Apologies for quoting you but it is on a thread about Hibs 

Yes indeed but your response appeared to be about us ?

7 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Yes indeed but your response appeared to be about us ?

Apologies again, I mentioned us as we have been through the bad times with an Investor with no obvious connection to the club and it’s taken people with the club at heart to sort the mess out. Possible similarities with our neighbours. I also did mention Hibs. 

Last week I said **** the Hibs in Amsterdam.

then I said **** the Hibs in Hamburg 

now i say **** the Hibs from Edinburgh once again

10 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yup.  They did a great job at managing to bum very average players up in "value" but totally failed to get anyone to buy in to the myth.  Played it all wrong.

Fact is they were greedy.  They had 2/3 bang average players who have achieved nothing in the game and wanted millions for them.  If they'd been realistic, they could maybe have fleeced someone for a million for each or something like that and run off while the players slipped to obscurity.  But instead, they believed their own price-tags and hype and have now been saddled with these (I'd guess overpaid!) huddies in their own team!

Deeeeeeeeelicious.

Surely now if someone has anything verging on a run of form, their ethos has to be "sell before anyone realises they're shite"

Porteous is my favourite.  I love how there was so much bumming up of the guy and it was so clear that as soon as any club scouted him, they just put a line through his name.  Doig, I think there was def interest but frankly he's played himself out of that.  Nisbet, probably similar.  Boyle?  Ten a penny.  Good player, don't get me wrong, but not a player you couldn't pick up for free elsewhere if you can offer c. £10-15l/wk easy.

This strategy could also come to bite them on the backside as well. 

Agents will know fine well it's the club that are bumming up their players' values. If the club miss one too many transfer windows without selling their 'superstar' players, then it'll be very easy for said agent to say "you were wanting £5 million for Nisbet, and managed to get him involved in the national team on a regular basis... well we now want a wage that reflects a five million pound international player".

That would be an awfully big wage hike just to keep hold of a bang average SPFL forward. Shame that. 

Taking away the rivalry, would anyone here swap their entire set-up for ours.  Wee Ron v the FoH being the most obvious contrast.  Our main stand for the breeze block effort.

The answer is no but they would jump at it and they know it.

9 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

I assume Hibs haven’t published they’re accounts, they are in for a shock if they think their revenue wouldn’t have taken a massive dip last year. 

I was looking back at their previous accounts, and they didn't publish their 2020 accounts until late March this year, almost 9 months after the year end, whereas we've published our 2021 accounts in November, around 4.5 months after the year end.  I don't know if March is when they normally publish the previous year's accounts, or if there was some reason for a delay last year.

Whenever they do publish their accounts for last season, they will certainly see a big drop in revenue and a sizeable loss, as I'm not aware of them getting any money from benefactors other than around £20k per month from HSL.  That would offset their losses by £240k over a year, compared to nearer £1.7m that FOH provided during our last financial year.

The recurring theme on fuds.net is that we would be toiling without the £4.7m that our benefactors provided last year, and that our business model is unsustainable.  They seem incapable of understanding that last year was an exceptional situation for all clubs, that our benefactors more than made up the shortfall in revenue (they would only have needed to provide £2.7m for us to break even) and we won't rely on them to prop us up now that we are back to playing in the Premiership in front of big crowds every week.

I can't wait on their accounts being published, their losses being revealed, then the backlash as to why their rich owner didn't pump any money in to mitigate the losses, while Hearts were being subsidised by a guy who possibly doesn't own a single share in the club.

44 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Taking away the rivalry, would anyone here swap their entire set-up for ours.  Wee Ron v the FoH being the most obvious contrast.  Our main stand for the breeze block effort.

Absolutely not Doug.  We've had enough experience to know that when the ownership of our club has been concentrated into one individual, it's tended to end badly, even if we've enjoyed some good times along the way.

Mercer was hailed as a saviour when he came in while we were facing the abyss, we had some good times, but ultimately he left us in a worse situation than he inherited.  The same applies to Robinson and then Vlad.

You are right in saying they would jump at the chance to be in our position as regards ownership, but their vehicle for doing so (i.e. HSL) never got a particularly big take up to start with, before Ron took over and put a stop to the idea that he would hand over any of his shares to a fans group.  He still appears to be happy to take their money though.

4 hours ago, RobNox said:

I can't wait on their accounts being published, their losses being revealed, then the backlash as to why their rich owner didn't pump any money in to mitigate the losses, while Hearts were being subsidised by a guy who possibly doesn't own a single share in the club.

That is an absolute cert, and the very thought makes me horny.

Ronald Villiers

They're a bunch of deluded tramps.  To even suggest their poor effort to equal FOH will gather momentum and pull in more money than us is comical.  A Hobo at work thinks it's shocking that Hearts are demanding cash from our fans and asked me when it'll stop.  I don't think he can get his head round the fact that the fans donate this cash off their own backs.

To answer the thread question, as a lot of them are so thick online I have to say no.

Edited by Turkishcap
Typo

13 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

What’s happened to the business plan when there’s nobody sellable or is that why they are investing in that boy from St Mirren on a new three year deal?

Get them in cheap and sell them on.  That’s where the profit for Ron is. The problem comes when the players you reckon are going to make you money turn out to be duds. I think they possibly missed the boat with Doig and Porteous.   Hyped up as being super stars - but on closer inspection actually pretty average. 

Just noticed that due mostly to their Covid mishap, except for just before Christmas, they are playing 2 games a week all the way up to the New Year's Derby.

They are fecked.

7 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Get them in cheap and sell them on.  That’s where the profit for Ron is. The problem comes when the players you reckon are going to make you money turn out to be duds. I think they possibly missed the boat with Doig and Porteous.   Hyped up as being super stars - but on closer inspection actually pretty average. 

Doing and Porteous could be the modern day Stevenson and Hanlon

adambraejambo
9 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Don's reporting £5.2 million loss.

I wonder what the ball park figure is financially  when you take Aberdeens view to give deferrals to their players  compared to us who were proactive and told them no they need to take a cut. 

Jambo in Bathgate
8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Ron isn’t putting in 1.4M of his own money into Hibs. They certainly would.  He is a Peruvian Vlad but he hadn’t thought of the Hibsit Factor when he bought in. 

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

I wonder what the ball park figure is financially  when you take Aberdeens view to give deferrals to their players  compared to us who were proactive and told them no they need to take a cut. 

Poor business decisions will cost many clubs. Ann Budge was ahead of the game and got slated for it. 

2 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

The Aberdeen report mentions wage deferrals as helping them in the period (they say they were facing £10 million loss without things like deferrals, loans, cash injections and insurance) so presumably paying these back will be in next year's accounts. 

Edited by Mikey1874

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Don's reporting £5.2 million loss.

I would absolutely Kevin Keegan it if we finish at least third and bump the Dandies out of all the Euro millions they've been striving after for the past decade.

Clowns.

21 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Ron isn’t putting in 1.4M of his own money into Hibs. They certainly would.  He is a Peruvian Vlad but he hadn’t thought of the Hibsit Factor when he bought in. 

Vladdington Bear

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hibs have just announced new 5 year contract for Josh Doig

Seriously,they have lost the ****ing plot.😂😂

Magnificent to see.

Dougie Masterton
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think it’s an extension rather than a 5 year contract. Still bizarre that they’re giving out contracts to average players that won’t take them forward. 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

I think it’s an extension rather than a 5 year contract. Still bizarre that they’re giving out contracts to average players that won’t take them forward. 🤷‍♂️

Contract is to 2026. 

51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Must be hoping some mug comes in for him in January so that they can cash in.

jambo-in-furness
3 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

But he’s already under contract. 

They will be hoping that Doig being on a long contract will raise his value,  I hope Doig got a good deal wage wise,  then if their tactics don’t work guess what?

They’ll have Hibsed it yet again,  talk about Russian Roulette lol.

That's like us giving Kevin McHattie a new five year contract. I'd expect more press speculation and Kean spouting off to English clubs about how good he is.

Ron the Con wants some cash...and soon.

19 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

I hope Neil enjoyed his cake :lol:

:lenny:

Guest ToqueJambo
14 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

So we aren’t trying to get him to sign to sell him for millions in the future?  Eh?

Pretty obvious. We're not pimping him out and trying to sell him like Hibs have been doing with their "best" players. Totally different approach. We've made it crystal clear we want to keep him.

• davemclaren changed the title to Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )