Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )

Craigieboy

Leveins Battalion

49 minutes ago, Ked said:

That's not what I was told.

Jack Ross had nothing to do with the approach.

It's all about the movement of players.And although the players are getting along theres tension outwith them.

Check Keans track record and it's the same MO.

We can enjoy what's coming but let's see if hibbys keep an eye on their club like they obsess about us.

16 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Just checked Ross recommended him, they are pals.

What you heard is 100%what the story is Ked,I started a thread on this a few months ago before it was announced Graham Mathie was leaving.

Ron Gordon had planned for at least 2 sales in the previous transfer window and Jack Ross solely laid the blame at Mathies door,massive discontent at Hibs since Dempster has left.I beleive they offered the role to 2 others and got knocked back before approaching Kean.

I am friends with 2 corporate sponsors (1 of which is involved with Hearts also).

But hey our resident Hobo Lf just checked and Ross wanted Kean

🤣🤣.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Doidge is pish. There have been countless threads on .net in the past about how bad he is.

Hilarious that Hibs fans think all they need to save their season is him to return from injury. He’s a ten-a-penny target man up here but the longer a player doesn’t play the better he becomes. I can remember we were counting down the days until Stevie Boyack came back from injury!!!

I actually think he’s their best player. 

18 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Stupendous!!  Where did you get that beauty?

It's a cake I made a few years back.  I've stopped making cakes now though.

12 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Same 

He ain't the most technical and he is a big unit that gives defences problems and he knows how to finish.

14 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Being their best player and being pish is not mutually exclusive!

Portable Badger
4 minutes ago, Mark_Mywords said:

Shame - that looks absolutely brilliant

jambo-in-furness
11 minutes ago, Mark_Mywords said:

Haven’t we all 😂🇱🇻

28 minutes ago, Mark_Mywords said:

If it tasted anywhere near as good as it looked, you should apply for bakeoff!

4 hours ago, john thomas said:

Stevenson doesn't want to play for another club . Always assumed he wouldn't

He's still to master playing football for hibs. Give him another 20 years and 500 games and he might be able to pass the ball without it going for a shy for the opposition 

5 hours ago, tian447 said:

Hey, I resemble that remark :lol: 

Minions are brilliant if you're a mid-40s woman on Facebook and need to share a funny picture about how wild you are, how much wine you drink, or some other "unique" quality.

I hate them so, so much!

Are you jealous? Minions are ace to be fair , Homme makes a good point… If you had said you hate that baby Yoda ***** you would have my full backing… 

1 hour ago, Mark_Mywords said:

Is that because it would be impossible to top that effort?

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Are you jealous? Minions are ace to be fair , Homme makes a good point… If you had said you hate that baby Yoda ***** you would have my full backing… 

Is that because it would be impossible to top that effort?

He topped it with his model cake of Tynecastle.

Just now, John Findlay said:

He topped it with his model cake of Tynecastle.

Pictures we need pictures , it starting to sound like a cake boss v charm city challenge , largest cake montage of Hearts things….

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

What you heard is 100%what the story is Ked,I started a thread on this a few months ago before it was announced Graham Mathie was leaving.

Ron Gordon had planned for at least 2 sales in the previous transfer window and Jack Ross solely laid the blame at Mathies door,massive discontent at Hibs since Dempster has left.I beleive they offered the role to 2 others and got knocked back before approaching Kean.

I am friends with 2 corporate sponsors (1 of which is involved with Hearts also).

🤣🤣.

Whatever LB you bash on.

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I've got pictures of the cake but the owner really should be allowed to post them. 

It's a thing of beauty.

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

🤣🤣.

Kean doesnt come as just Kean.

And he doesnt run the team he comes with.

Jack Ross has his nose healthy out of joint over this.

I seriously hope Hibs get absolutely smashed to bits in the semi, the more turmoil they’re in the better for us and the more games Rangers (and Celtic) need to play the better. We can hopefully continue to go about our business quietly and stay in touch with the top 2.

You have to wonder why Hibs have employed this guy.

There was rumours going about regarding his time at Blackburn.

Wont post them on here but you can find them.

Not a happy camp over there.  I have the feeling it's popcorn time very soon.  Slow death or implosion?  Can't decide what's more fun...?

Slow and unable and unwilling to do what we did to save our club would be icing with cherries and whipped cream.  And a flake.

10 hours ago, Ked said:

Kean doesnt come as just Kean.

And he doesnt run the team he comes with.

Jack Ross has his nose healthy out of joint over this.

Well read Craig Fowler's article for a start, then there was a QandA with Hanlon other night my mate said it was discussed then.

14 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

🤣🤣.

Certainly the story I heard. Ron, I hear,  was furious at the lack of players sold in the last window with all the efforts that had been made to try and inflate their worth. That’s why there has been significant change made at the club with a view to changing that.  Despite what the muppets down there think - Ron’s in this for money and nothing else.

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Not a happy camp over there.  I have the feeling it's popcorn time very soon.  Slow death or implosion?  Can't decide what's more fun...?

Slow and unable and unwilling to do what we did to save our club would be icing with cherries and whipped cream.  And a flake.

Quick death would be best. Sooner the better.

48 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Certainly the story I heard. Ron, I hear,  was furious at the lack of players sold in the last window with all the efforts that had been made to try and inflate their worth. That’s why there has been significant change made at the club with a view to changing that.  Despite what the muppets down there think - Ron’s in this for money and nothing else.

At the beginning of the season they were trying to push Doig out the door when Burnley and Watford expressed interest. If I recall they wrapped him in cotton wool refusing to play him at one stage

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Going to say it now... I doubt that because only a total Ahole would buy up that mob hoping to make any money! The guy may be an Ahole but he is not stupid. The only way money could be made from that lot is by winding them up and selling off the ground . There is no money to be made in Scottish football end of even Celtic toil and they have been almost permanently in euro fixtures and have sold some top players. The other teams rob Peter to pay Paul.

gorgie rd eh11
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Going to say it now... I doubt that because only a total Ahole would buy up that mob hoping to make any money! The guy may be an Ahole but he is not stupid. The only way money could be made from that lot is by winding them up and selling off the ground . There is no money to be made in Scottish football end of even Celtic toil and they have been almost permanently in euro fixtures and have sold some top players. The other teams rob Peter to pay Paul.

So why did he get involved?

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

To be fair, I think there can be money made from selling players. There are plenty of leagues around us swimming in money, but it will take work to get that. Hibs have in the past been good at getting great value for their players, so I can understand why Ron Gordon would see that and think its the right club to make money from. But its difficult and a lot needs to be rebuilt to get back to that.

11 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

So why did he get involved?

F'k knows you tell me but dinnae tell me he wanted to make his fortune... not one chunt in Scottish football has every bought a football team and made money🤣

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To be fair, I think there can be money made from selling players. There are plenty of leagues around us swimming in money, but it will take work to get that. Hibs have in the past been good at getting great value for their players, so I can understand why Ron Gordon would see that and think its the right club to make money from. But its difficult and a lot needs to be rebuilt to get back to that.

That right? How much of that money ever got into the owners pockets though? To make money you need a successful team ... you do not get a successful team by selling the best players. It is a vicious circle... happy to be corrected when you tell me who in the Scottish game has made money or in the UK game where money has actually made in any significant quantity by any team ... the accounts of most if not all English club blow money being made towards a cold and distant moon.

gorgie rd eh11
Just now, jock _turd said:

F'k knows you tell me but dinnae tell me he wanted to make his fortune... not one chunt in Scottish football has every bought a football team and made money🤣

Fergus McCann and Charles Green.

Салатные палочки
6 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

He's a businessman, not a supporter. He's not going to buy into something he's going to make a loss on. 

That right? How much of that money ever got into the owners pockets though? To make money you need a successful team ... you do not get a successful team by selling the best players. It is a vicious circle... happy to be corrected when you tell me who in the Scottish game has made money or in the UK game where money has actually made in any significant quantity by any team ... the accounts of most if not all English club blow money being made towards a cold and distant moon.

The flip side is even more ridiculous though.

Are you suggesting Ron just bought hibs to not make money or that he sees no business opportunities?

Are you saying hes doing it because he has always supported hibs.

Interesting that Kean arrives as part of a team whose record of getting money for duff players is there for all to see.

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

He's a businessman, not a supporter. He's not going to buy into something he's going to make a loss on. 

He's no making anything oot of them the noo ....do you see that changing anytime soon 🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Fergus McCann and Charles Green.

Ann Budge if she had wanted to.

I think I'm right in saying she hasnt lost any.

Салатные палочки

He's no making anything oot of them the noo ....do you see that changing anytime soon 🤣🤣

He'll be making money no doubt about it. It might not be a drastic amount but he will be making money of some sort. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )