Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )

Craigieboy

With all the cutbacks going in over the road, Youth team, match day programmes, DoF etc it has came to light that Ron Gordon has made the decision to reduce the number of face masks at the club. 

They now have 6 players with covid and will almost certainly lose the next two games. Saved £2.99 on masks though so Ron has described it as a win. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, Longbaws said:

My geography might have been slightly off😁

I was in Tong a couple of years ago and the house that was closest to the wee beach was called Tynecastle🇱🇻

We only went to Harris and Lewis but will be checking out the Uists and Barra!

A truly magnificent part of the world 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Anyway, I'm getting side tracked, let's all have a good laugh at Hibs👍

You mean Tongue?

The house named Tynecastle is in Ullapool.

You would be more likely to be in Ullapool than Tongue on your way to Lewis. It's where the direct Ferry leaves from.

Geography is obviously not a strong point.   

😄

2 hours ago, Longbaws said:

My geography might have been slightly off😁

I was in Tong a couple of years ago and the house that was closest to the wee beach was called Tynecastle🇱🇻

We only went to Harris and Lewis but will be checking out the Uists and Barra!

A truly magnificent part of the world 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Anyway, I'm getting side tracked, let's all have a good laugh at Hibs👍

The bit in bold, that's a mates house. There are actually a few houses with that beautiful name up here.

44 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Tong on Lewis, lovely place. 

😄

Did you see Tynecastle in Ullapool on the way past. 

26 minutes ago, superjack said:

The bit in bold, that's a mates house. There are actually a few houses with that beautiful name up here.

I withdraw my previous comments!

:embarassed:

1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

You mean Tongue?

The house named Tynecastle is in Ullapool.

You would be more likely to be in Ullapool than Tongue on your way to Lewis. It's where the direct Ferry leaves from.

Geography is obviously not a strong point.   

😄

No it's defo Tong, just north of Stornoway I'm sure. Donald Trump's mum is from there👍 there may be more than one house in Scotland called Tynecastle...

1 hour ago, superjack said:

Excellent🇱🇻

Breaking News: The penny has indeed dropped (for some of them anyway)

hibs fans are apologising on social media for Nisbet being in the Scotland team.

Highlights include "honking all season" and "I apologise on behalf of hibs for Nisbet making the Scotland squad"

14 hours ago, Morgan said:

Personally, I hope they rot.

13 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

That ship sailed a long time ago judging by the stench that surrounds every last one of them. 

Vermin filth. 

Excellent posts.  :thumb:

I've heard that there is a fairly large outbreak over the road of players and staff.

In the interests of fairness should the SPFL be making them play?

In the interests of Covid suppression the same question.

And I know its Hibs but the governance of the game up here does make me think if it were either of the tramps theyd be getting a bit of leeway.

There is for me something not right if indeed Hibs have a serious outbreak being told to travel across the country by the SPFL.

Anyway back to ripping intae them hopefully deducted points and a heavy fine .

It's obvious protocols were breached.

4 minutes ago, Ked said:

I've heard that there is a fairly large outbreak over the road of players and staff.

And I know its Hibs but the governance of the game up here does make me think if it were either of the tramps theyd be getting a bit of leeway.

There is for me something not right if indeed Hibs have a serious outbreak being told to travel across the country by the SPFL.

0-3's for the rest of November has my vote.

Personally wish them all the very best of health, but 0-3's please until they are safe to mingle again

12 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Cancelling their press conference now....

:interehjrling:

.net saying "Sir" David Gray will be in charge tomorrow night. they need to drop the Sir patter with every player.

9 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

.net saying "Sir" David Gray will be in charge tomorrow night. they need to drop the Sir patter with every player.

Could be because he's an ex Hearts player

Surely the answer is default victories for their oponents until this outbreak is clear.  Problem is, that would create a precedent.  What if the same thing happened to two other clubs.  They should get postponements.

29 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hibs should have points deducted. 

That's a bit harsh, they've hardly got any to start with.  On the other hand, they've sort have been doing it themselves recently by actively striving to never win any.

Very encouraged to see Boris doing the 5-1 in Glasgow.  I know he's a controversial figure but surely he gets credit for that.

Thought woody would be a terrific signing for us but just another failing to hit the heights. Showing wee glimpses but should be far more productive than he is currently. Mibbe Saturday, hope so

6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Thought woody would be a terrific signing for us but just another failing to hit the heights. Showing wee glimpses but should be far more productive than he is currently. Mibbe Saturday, hope so

Put the crack pipe doon Clerry.  This is meant to be the Hibs ripping thread.

Edited by Le Chat

Only matter of days before Ron the Con announces the new multi-storey car park in Lochend I reckon.

Edinburgh City getting attendences of over 5k in the near future...

jamboinglasgow

I do think tomorrows game will be postponed, does sound like the club has been hit very badly from Covid, but at the same time sounds like they have failed to follow Covid protocols. If that is shown then you would think there will be punishment.

There seems to be just a bit of realism and alarm starting to creep in down there.  The more sensible of the species are beginning to question Ron’s motives and what the game plan actually is. All this spending money on non Football things seems to hark back to previous owners down there and (hopefully) the shenanigans that followed. 

Imagine if they get a draw or a win tomorrow night. It'll be the vomit inducing return of the bold cavaliers swashbuckling through an ocean of adversity.🤮

59 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Looks like he has a lot of skill but needs to get more involved. 

1 hour ago, Le Chat said:

Put the crack pipe doon Clerry.  This is meant to be the Hibs ripping thread.

Ffs cheers Chat, please continue with the ribbing

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I do think tomorrows game will be postponed, does sound like the club has been hit very badly from Covid, but at the same time sounds like they have failed to follow Covid protocols. If that is shown then you would think there will be punishment.

Talking about some under 18 players taking part the morra, 

Remnants of Standards

I work near the hotel teams stay at in Inverness and regularly see tracksuited mediocrity pad about the place. One week it was Morton then Hibs so all the stars.

No surprise to hear of an out- break either. Everyone seems to be downing tools as far as mask-wearing goes if that hotel (and the concourses at Tynecastle) are anything to go by.

6 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Apparently a lot/several/more than average number of the Hibs squad are un-vaccinated. 

Unvaccinated?? Are you sure you don't mean Ullapool?

:clyay:

5 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Apparently a lot/several/more than average number of the Hibs squad are un-vaccinated. 

un -vaccinated

un -washed

un -educated

un - desirable

un - healthy

un -attractive

Yep you can see why:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Unvaccinated?? Are you sure you don't mean Ullapool?

:clyay:

:isee:

10 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Given their fans view that ‘the Foundation of Hearts is cheating likesay Ken’, I wouldn’t be surprised if their tinfoil hat-wearing, conspiracy theory-loving pish has made its way to the players. Via Bill Gates, George Soros and their 5-1G microchips no doubt. 

20 hours ago, TheBigO said:

No wonder there are covid concerns with the game being in China!!

That's just a bat shit crazy thing to do

Edited by RobNox

There was a guy on hibs.net suggesting  how gutted he was that he couldnt get south upper tickets as it looked to be sold out , so south lower it is 

Till it was pointed out that they have closed south upper due to poor sales

green army 

Called off, they've got about 30 centre mids so struggling to understand why they can't cobble together a team.  If they were flying and on a winning run this game would be getting played.

Just now, Jambo92 said:

Called off, they've got about 30 centre mids so struggling to understand why they can't cobble together a team.  If they were flying and on a winning run this game would be getting played.

how very convenient for them. When’s Doidge back ? 

1 minute ago, Drew Wallace said:

Do the hobos lose the fixture to a 3-0 loss then ??

They ****ing better.  Can imagine Killie and St Midden having something to say about it given the way they were treated last season.  

11 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

There was a guy on hibs.net suggesting  how gutted he was that he couldnt get south upper tickets as it looked to be sold out , so south lower it is 

green army 

:glorious:

SectionDJambo

Their game at Livingston is off as well.

Two away games postponed which won't impact Hibs financially.

It will be interesting to see if any investigation finds them at fault for not following protocols properly. The postponements come at a good time for them. 4 defeats in a row and a few injured players now with time to recover.

22 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Looking forward to what Uncle Roy has to say about this. Hibs should be taking their medicine, no?

28 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

green army 

Classic Vermin.

9 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Their game at Livingston is off as well.

Two away games postponed which won't impact Hibs financially.

It will be interesting to see if any investigation finds them at fault for not following protocols properly. The postponements come at a good time for them. 4 defeats in a row and a few injured players now with time to recover.

I'm very disappointed. 

Ridiculous that they’re getting games postponed for having 10 players out. Checked their site, they list a first team of 25 players. That leaves 15 first teamers plus 3 from the youths for the match day squad.

I fail to see why that’s enough of a crisis to warrant the get out of jail free card they’re getting. 

Guaranteed if it was us we would have to play or forfeit 3 points. Remember when this happened last year and the solution was to stop Hearts training!😂

Anyway that’s them in cold storage till they get pumped at Hampden by Sevco. Then St Johnstone away and Sevco again.  If we get our act together we should be 12-15 points ahead of them by December.

FTH. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Ked said:

Agreed. 

Would you ( as a player) feel comfortable playing hibs at this time? 

If you had elderly parents or even young children or a pregnant wife. 

The spfl would have a lot to explain if they forced hibs to play then the team they played had an out break a few days later. 

Type of decision that could get football closed down again. 

It's all banter ripping hibs, but the safety of other folk particularly the other teams players need to be considered. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

• davemclaren changed the title to Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )