Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )

Craigieboy

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Seconded 

:fth:

43 minutes ago, Marvin said:

:robboyas: approves of this post.

:yas:   

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

Still reminds me of the time when they had Griffiths and Fenlon was managing. They had a decent record but it was because Thumb was carrying the team. As soon as he left, they got relegated. Boyle is doing it now—11 goals in all competitions (versus 16 for the rest of the team) is some serious dependency. We've relied on Boyce but that's nothing compared to them.

The rest of the squad is brutal. Porteous is one of the most violent players I've seen in a long time and is going to severely injure someone if the refs don't crack down harder. Nisbet, Magennis, and Doidge are bang-average for the SPFL. The rest are bottom-six caliber players.

If anything happens to Boyle, they will collapse.

6 hours ago, sadj said:

Foster said it was a good tackle at the same time as saying you cant make that tackle now but you could ten years ago

So a very late challenge then!

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Still reminds me of the time when they had Griffiths and Fenlon was managing. They had a decent record but it was because Thumb was carrying the team. As soon as he left, they got relegated. Boyle is doing it now—11 goals in all competitions (versus 16 for the rest of the team) is some serious dependency. We've relied on Boyce but that's nothing compared to them.

The rest of the squad is brutal. Porteous is one of the most violent players I've seen in a long time and is going to severely injure someone if the refs don't crack down harder. Nisbet, Magennis, and Doidge are bang-average for the SPFL. The rest are bottom-six caliber players.

The process has started with him.

I see in the BBC match report that this is Hibs worst run since Spring 2014.   Mmm, I wonder how that played out.

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Celtic have done this in every game. 

Started fast, if they get the goals you are in the shit. 

However, if they don't you get chances v them, especially after 60 mins. 

They are now getting the goals where as earlier on they weren't and were even conceding. 

They have a distinct "blitz kreg" type tactic imo. 

They were scoring a lot more goals back in August. They’re now winning  games 2-0 or 2-1. Last night was the first time they’d scored 3 since September and that was only Raith Rovers. Actually think they’re going to win the league quite comfortably.

58 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I see in the BBC match report that this is Hibs worst run since Spring 2014.   Mmm, I wonder how that played out.

Perfectly😁

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They were scoring a lot more goals back in August. They’re now winning  games 2-0 or 2-1. Last night was the first time they’d scored 3 since September and that was only Raith Rovers. Actually think they’re going to win the league quite comfortably.

aye, but if they are 2/3 nil up they tend to back off a bit now.

game mgt.

Me too, think they will win do well, but if they don't put a team down before 60/70 mins they might have a problem, they visibly drop a level.

Tokyo Drifter
20 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Love it, we should be miles ahead of them by now. 

Yeah we should be out of sight. Six points (at least) dropped because of stupid draws. We could have beaten them at Tynie too. To be fair, though, they have had a difficult October - Rangers, Aberdeen and Celtic - and were never likely to pick up much.

It was said by some on here at start of season that we had some way to go to catch up with Hibs, Aberdeen, St Johnstone.  How quickly things can change 🙂

1 hour ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Yeah we should be out of sight. Six points (at least) dropped because of stupid draws. We could have beaten them at Tynie too. To be fair, though, they have had a difficult October - Rangers, Aberdeen and Celtic - and were never likely to pick up much.

At least they had a home game against Dutd too. Surely won that.

20 hours ago, Jeff said:

What's the deal with the blatantly fudged attendance figures? Why are they bothering?

There’s been a few comments on this. Apart from gaps in the stands, what evidence do we have that they’re being “creative” around their attendance figures?

As you say though, why bother? 🤔

gorgie rd eh11
3 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

There’s been a few comments on this. Apart from gaps in the stands, what evidence do we have that they’re being “creative” around their attendance figures?

As you say though, why bother? 🤔

Eyes are all you need to know their attendances are massaged.

22 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Kev Hibsedit is taking a battering on Hibs.net.

Absolutely delicious. 

There's some muppet on here that think he's good. :lol:

34 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

If they get pumped by Ross County I can see the first managerial dismissal of the season then the fun will really start.

I'd rather they kept him on.

They are a shambles and he doesn't have a clue.

Perfect as it is.

Kevin Nisbet is average at best, personally I've never seen anything in him, that he made the Euro 2020 squad is more a sad commentary on Scotland's lack of forwards than anything else.

A £250,000 player at absolute best.

15 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

:spoton:

Hanlon being quoted in the Record that the handbags were out in the hibs dressing room after the celtic game.

Nothing like a bit of Hibs infighting to brighten up a wet Friday. 

Tynecastlesmychurch
17 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

Wash your mouth out with soap. I can only guess you been drinking paint again. The Gang would be Jambos and this lot Hibs   

unnamed.jpg

That would explain all the empty milk cartons lying about, around Leith! 🤣  

19 hours ago, JamboAl said:

IIRC there were a few posters on here who wanted Dross as manager!

Edit: can't be arsed 😄

Edited by Nookie Bear

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Jack Draws doesn’t have a good record against bigger teams or in big games 😆

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

It was said by some on here at start of season that we had some way to go to catch up with Hibs, Aberdeen, St Johnstone.  How quickly things can change 🙂

Just an excuse really in case we were crap?

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

There's some muppet on here that think he's good. :lol:

I might be some such “muppet”.

Robbie tried to gazump Hibs and sign the boy because he thought he would enhance our firepower.

Given our present lack of cutting-edge up front, don’t you think Nisbet would help improve us in that department?

joondalupjambo
14 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

Really all that's happened is the annual post Xmas Hibs collapse has been delivered early this year. 

Aye but remember because of Covid we are all being advised to do things ahead of our usual schedules.  Hibs following guidelines just to cheer us all up😃

2 hours ago, Rudolf said:

I'd rather they kept him on.

They are a shambles and he doesn't have a clue.

Perfect as it is.

They won't have the money to pay him off so we are in for lots of fun until at least the end of the season.

It's ****ing excellent.  Just over a year ago they sat and laughed at us after voting to put us down and now back in their place.   

The brilliant thing is that they will never have the resources to keep up with us now.  

Karma is beautiful 

19 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Robbie tried to gazump Hibs and sign the boy because he thought he would enhance our firepower.

Given our present lack of cutting-edge up front, don’t you think Nisbet would help improve us in that department?

It’s difficult to see what his streng to s are but certainly worth a wee punt of, say, £400k?

The Apprentice
17 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Or he'll do a James McPake and crock himself!

17 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Given he has scored 5 league goals this entire year and we have TWO centre halfs with as many as him this season, I’d have to say . . . naw.

32 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Given he has scored 5 league goals this entire year and we have TWO centre halfs with as many as him this season, I’d have to say . . . naw.

🤣 I suppose when you put it like that…but focussing on that stat alone doesn’t begin to describe Nisbet’s overall abilities.

As we’ve been gleefully discussing, Hibs have been on a poor run of late. That points to a lack of chances being created and goes a way toward explaining his lack of goals.

I still think Nisbet would enhance this Hearts team but I suppose we’ll just have to disagree on that one.

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

No. He's not helping Hibs much, is he? 

10 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

🤣 I suppose when you put it like that…but focussing on that stat alone doesn’t begin to describe Nisbet’s overall abilities.

As we’ve been gleefully discussing, Hibs have been on a poor run of late. That points to a lack of chances being created and goes a way toward explaining his lack of goals.

I still think Nisbet would enhance this Hearts team but I suppose we’ll just have to disagree on that one.

Thing with Nisbet is he is a good finisher.

But there is very, very little more to his game. Yeah in a team who create lots of chances without their cf needing to join in, thats fine.  But thats a dying art, that type of football and a rare luxury.

Goals can mask other failings but if they dry up for ANY reason, you're left with nowt.

Our own Boycie contributes way more than just goals

21 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Nisbet works better with Doidge.

But when Doidge comes back Boyle is less dangerous.

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

He probably would as long as he could be bothered which seems to be the problem that Hibs have with him.

Despite Hibs being dreadful the media will still wax lyrical about the apparently great football they play (as well as their big screens). Always staggers me that they don't seem to realise that they play hoofball, not Brazil-esqe silky football.

3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

“Since 1875” Has disbanded.

The rot really has set in.

What is ‘Since 1875’? 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Despite Hibs being dreadful the media will still wax lyrical about the apparently great football they play (as well as their big screens). Always staggers me that they don't seem to realise that they play hoofball, not Brazil-esqe silky football.

Completely agree. Balls over the top to Boyle are plans A-Z and if that doesn’t work it’s balls over the top to Boyle. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Completely agree. Balls over the top to Boyle are plans A-Z and if that doesn’t work it’s balls over the top to Boyle. 

As much as we rely on Boyce for goals, without Boyle they would struggle even more. Can't wait until the next Derby.

12 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

As much as we rely on Boyce for goals, without Boyle they would struggle even more. Can't wait until the next Derby.

Me too. Not been to Easter Road for years but will be going this time. 

50 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What is ‘Since 1875’? 🤷‍♂️

Not 100% sure myself? Sounds like a group of fans who had some influence both on match days and on social media. Think they created “since 1875” as some sort of fan super club? 

Anybody else confirm?

Either way the fact this group of “elite” supporters of indeed that’s what they were has gone tits up tells it’s own story.

On 28/10/2021 at 17:49, Kiwidoug said:

I was always sceptical that Ronnie was turning down multi million bids for his superstars in the summer.

If there is a shred of truth in it however, he will now be cursing at such a monumental cock-up.

Agreed mate, and trust me, he wasn't.

A wee side note to say Jonno has defined what ROTFLMAO means. Freckin genius.

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

A Hibs mate of mine was at the Dundee game and he said to me the other day he’s glad there’s not a derby soon as based on what he seen of Hibs and us last week in person, he’d fancy us to spank them.

Was very impressed with us. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )