"You can grow lots of things", even concrete

NANOJAMBO

I know we're got some serious competition for the worst media outlets in the UK (thinking GBnews, here) but this is really something...

TalkRadio then tried to double down by tweeting about experimental mushroom-based building blocks, claiming they were concrete.

:rofl:

Edited by Cade

2 minutes ago, The Internet said:

Mike Graham is how I imagine about 50% of kickback looks and sounds. 

He's a fat, Gammon melt so..yup..I get where you're going with that. 😊

3 minutes ago, The Internet said:

only 50%?

btw i'm away to grow myself a bigger house

24 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Maybe Mike has a point.

121560381-3420657591310955-9123422168322

I hope he doesn't see this, he's already doubled down on his nonsense in trying to justify his comments by saying "you grow the econmoy, don't you !". :rofl:

the Hearts way
3 hours ago, Cade said:

TalkRadio then tried to double down by tweeting about experimental mushroom-based building blocks, claiming they were concrete.

:rofl:

Missed out on the mushroom option, first frost has already been  : ( ...

Talk Radio also Tweeted a video with 'other' Insulate Britain fails. I've been trying to work out all day why they think their man won this battle, but I can't come up with anything. According to his tweets I must be one of the many people that just doesn't understand.

The Two mikes was a great show, to be fair. 

Constantly arguing with each other. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

A Boy Named Crow
4 hours ago, The Internet said:

I have a mental image of many of the posters on here, it's not exact,  more of a vibe...

...but the Mike Graham vibe is pretty spot on 😂

Talksport is just as bad. I thought I didn't really dislike anyone I don't know but Simon Jordan, he's getting close. As for the wee Scottish pets . It must be like that sick film folk go on about,  with these broon nosers.

7 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Talk Radio also Tweeted a video with 'other' Insulate Britain fails. I've been trying to work out all day why they think their man won this battle, but I can't come up with anything. According to his tweets I must be one of the many people that just doesn't understand.

It's what these people do, find some vague reason to call a climate activist a hypocrite and sit back thinking you've totally pwned the libz and the masses lap it up. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Talksport is just as bad. I thought I didn't really dislike anyone I don't know but Simon Jordan, he's getting close. As for the wee Scottish pets . It must be like that sick film folk go on about,  with these broon nosers.

Simon Jordan is very good on TS and speaks a lot of sense. Often has Danny Murphy and Trev Sinclair in knots (which isn't too hard) and makes good listening. 

He was obviously attempting some kind of gotcha by asking the guy what his job was and when he didn't get a job that he could easily paint as being environmental hypocritical, doubled down on this idiocy.

Sometimes wonder if folk like this actually believe what they are saying as it's quite profitable being a 'controversial' pundit.

The Bannon Flick

Watched this multiple times and still can't understand how this clown Graham thinks he has won the "argument".

The Express even has an online article promoting the interview as a 'watch Mike Graham run rings round climate activist'.

Trump levels of delusion - or perhaps just sheer arrogance. The worrying problem is the amount of replies to the tweet supporting Graham.

Don't get the absolute vitriol towards people that are trying to draw attention to the dangers of global warming etc.

The world is just mental. 

9 minutes ago, The Bannon Flick said:

Watched this multiple times and still can't understand how this clown Graham thinks he has won the "argument".

The Express even has an online article promoting the interview as a 'watch Mike Graham run rings round climate activist'.

Trump levels of delusion - or perhaps just sheer arrogance. The worrying problem is the amount of replies to the tweet supporting Graham.

Don't get the absolute vitriol towards people that are trying to draw attention to the dangers of global warming etc.

Which is precisely the reason why I think we are doomed.

42 minutes ago, The Bannon Flick said:

Talk Radio are owned by a subsidiary of News Corp, who were founded by Murdoch. That should tell you all you need to know.

As Jambos_1874 stated, this is why we're screwed. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, The Bannon Flick said:

I've not been caught up in any of their sit-down-glue-yourself-to-the-road protests but I completely understand why drivers who do get stuck behind them get the seething rage. Their cause is undeniably worthy* but someone in the Insulate Britain campaign has made a major boo-boo when it comes to getting public support for their campaign. Disrupting thousands of ordinary people going about their ordinary business was never going to be a winning tactic.

What they needed was a 99-year-old bloke trundling up and down his garden. Maybe dressed as a polar bear.

* - although I question whether insulating all our homes would really have a massive impact on our greenhouse gas emissions. Surely there are bigger targets?

29 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

* - although I question whether insulating all our homes would really have a massive impact on our greenhouse gas emissions. Surely there are bigger targets?

"Home insulation is the single most effective method of saving carbon – a detached home fitted with solid wall insulation could save up to two tonnes of carbon per year " - according to this lot: https://governmentbusiness.co.uk/features/save-carbon-and-money-insulation~

I'd definitely not want to be stuck in a traffic jam caused by these campaigners if I'm honest but you have to admit they are getting attention for their cause. You know they are when idiotic gammons like that muppet Mike Graham are trying to have a go at them (and failing badly, what an arse). 

I P Knightley
4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

"Home insulation is the single most effective method of saving carbon – a detached home fitted with solid wall insulation could save up to two tonnes of carbon per year " - according to this lot: https://governmentbusiness.co.uk/features/save-carbon-and-money-insulation~

I'd definitely not want to be stuck in a traffic jam caused by these campaigners if I'm honest but you have to admit they are getting attention for their cause. You know they are when idiotic gammons like that muppet Mike Graham are trying to have a go at them (and failing badly, what an arse). 

They're getting attention, alright, but they're not getting the support that the cause needs.

Thanks for the link - it's maybe the best thing each of us could do individually but I'd imagine that there are bigger gains to be made in industry.

2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

They're getting attention, alright, but they're not getting the support that the cause needs.

Thanks for the link - it's maybe the best thing each of us could do individually but I'd imagine that there are bigger gains to be made in industry.

Can't disagree with the fact that the biggest polluters are corporations (Chinese coal, Aramco, Gazprom...). Gains in as many areas as possible will help cumulatively but yes, the big fish need to be reeled in. 

That said, we can't just throw our hands up and go "well, if they don't fix it, no point us doing it" as we can still reduce local pollution  - and the environmental impacts of our current lifestyle would still need to be urgently addressed even if the climate was stable. 

Let's be honest whatever method they chose the media would paint it as being dumb/disruptive/'not the right way to go about getting public support' blah blah blah. It's simply ingrained that climate activists are daft tree hugger hippies who should be ignored. 

Is that Jeremy ****ing Kyle :berra:

Somehow he's managed to actually have a fall from grace from his exploitative show. 

We can thankfully laugh at these morons - but the US is absolutely infested with right-wing Murdoch muppets on talk stations across the country, and it has had a profound effect on the polarisation and absolute stupidity of what many republicans believe.  

Insidiously installing the same messaging over and over, and it works, sadly. 

There will be listeners so enraptured by that grotesque moron that unironically believed this twonk "owned" the climate activist. 🙁

12 hours ago, Gizmo said:

We can thankfully laugh at these morons - but the US is absolutely infested with right-wing Murdoch muppets on talk stations across the country, and it has had a profound effect on the polarisation and absolute stupidity of what many republicans believe.  

Insidiously installing the same messaging over and over, and it works, sadly. 

There will be listeners so enraptured by that grotesque moron that unironically believed this twonk "owned" the climate activist. 🙁

I think all of that applies to the UK too. We aren't that much better than America for right wing nutjobbery. They all whinge about being 'cancelled' while having the biggest platforms ever to air their poisonous views freely. 

McGlynn The Money
On 27/10/2021 at 05:33, ri Alban said:

:what: