Bednar Vs Jankauskas

jambo-fletch

They were both brilliant but Bednar for me. His movement was immense.

Boyce is the best striker we’ve had since these two.

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

They were both brilliant but Bednar for me. His movement was immense.

Boyce is the best striker we’ve had since these two.

I'll take fully fit big Kevin before Boyce. Doesn't mean I don't like Boycie , btw.

I loved Bednar and think him getting injured, a long with the multiple sackings, was the reason our challenge drifted off quicker.

Jankauskas was a player who you could tell was class but we were getting him at the end of his career. He could still produce that magic but I think Bednar due to his mobility was a bigger threat.

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Different pedigrees when they arrived, one with a CL medal and a long career in decent leagues, one fresh from the Czech 2nd division.  

No doubt. Just didn't quite get the hype around bednar after he came back from his early injury. He done better in England than I expected so maybe I'm being harsh on him. 

Brighton Jambo

Has to be Janny for me too.  A top player who had it all.  To think we had a forward as good as Pospisil warning the bench in that period is bonkers.  

Similar goals totals and probably less than you’d think unless you looked it up. On the grounds that Bednar usually gave 100% and Jankauskas, the more talented footballer, sometimes gave 50%, I’d vote Bednar.

The Bannon Flick

Jankauskas was a class act but I would go for Bednar. He played like he had a point to prove and a career to build. 

Plus he went toe to toe and boxed with Romanov 😃

Roman Bednar, I always think how much a player would give me the fear if playing against us and Roman would certainly do that.

At Hearts? Both were brilliant but Janny by a bawhair for me, he's a huge part of the reason Skacel & Hartley were on fire that season with his link up/hold up & general footballing brain.

Over a full career it's Janny by a country mile.

Edited by boag1874

On the grounds that I have more vivid memories of Jankauskas that season, his amazing touch and close control, I'd go for him. Along with Fysas, made you think "what on Earth's he doing at Hearts?"

19 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

Has to be Janny for me, a top, top striker. 

He was way above our level, just like Takis, both came to us at the end of their careers, but we had great value from Takis Fysas while Janny was unfit for most of the time so  I doubt he played a dozen games for us. 

Bednar was a very good player but was not in the same class as the aforementioned.

Very tough to decide between them but Bednar for me.
Incredibly there was a guy who sat a couple of rows behind me who couldn’t stand Roman Bednar. He would give him dogs abuse every game. No idea what his problem was.

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

He was way above our level, just like Takis, both came to us at the end of their careers, but we had great value from Takis Fysas while Janny was unfit for most of the time so  I doubt he played a dozen games for us. 

Bednar was a very good player but was not in the same class as the aforementioned.

Jankauskas played nearly 40 games at Hearts. 

Kalamazoo Jambo

I’d say Jankauskis. Neither of them were particularly prolific goal scorers. Bednar had more pace, Janny had more class. Janny’s overall play was top notch, he scored a couple of screamers and he of course took on and beat Zibby in the 2006 semi. What’s not to like?

If I could have one of them back in today's team I would take Bednar, I always felt like he could have hit 20+ goals if he stayed fit, Jankauskas was a phenomenal player though, both of them would walk into today's team imo.