Turnstiles 1-10

7PNJ4

Dunno if I'm being blind but can anyone advise where entry for turnstiles 1-10 are? Been a while since I've sat in the Roseburn so not totally sure where entry is. Thanks! 

11 minutes ago, 7PNJ4 said:

Dunno if I'm being blind but can anyone advise where entry for turnstiles 1-10 are? Been a while since I've sat in the Roseburn so not totally sure where entry is. Thanks! 

They're the ones behind the Wheatfield stand, at the corner of Wheatfield Place and Wheatfield Street. You can also enter by the Gorgie Road turnstiles. Don't try to enter the Roseburn by the McLeod Street turnstiles, they're for away fans only. 

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

On turnstiles at Tynie.  Does anyone have a 'lucky' turnstile that they like to use or alternatively one they avoid?

Don't like odd numbered turnstiles which is a problem with turnstile 51

Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

On turnstiles at Tynie.  Does anyone have a 'lucky' turnstile that they like to use or alternatively one they avoid?

Most definitely number 22 main stand thought it was just me lol

Diadora Van Basten
2 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I used to always go in number 7 my lucky number but now go in the Gorgie road turnstiles as I’m not sure that the turnstiles at the Wheatfield work for the Gorgie Road stand. 

Usually look a bit of a spare when the other turnstiles are free and I am queuing for number 7. 

18 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I used to always go in number 7 my lucky number but now go in the Gorgie road turnstiles as I’m not sure that the turnstiles at the Wheatfield work for the Gorgie Road stand. 

Usually look a bit of a spare when the other turnstiles are free and I am queuing for number 7. 

Currently using number 36.  Undefeated so far!  :)

2 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I always used turnstile 8 when entering via the Wheatfield but as my ST is for the Main Stand I always, without fail enter via 31 simply because 13 is my lucky number and 31 reversed is 13...MENTAL I know

10 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I once took a "larger" lady friend into the Wheatfield..

She has an OCD thing about the number 4, so insisted that we use that turnstile.  Unfortunately, the brickwork around 4 is a bit narrower than some of the others so she was unable to fit through.

I won't tell her that I've posted this, as she's never been so embarrassed.

Was she a lass who would partake of a pie at half-time?  ;)

1 minute ago, jamboiain13 said:

I always used turnstile 8 when entering via the Wheatfield but as my ST is for the Main Stand I always, without fail enter via 31 simply because 13 is my lucky number and 31 reversed is 13...MENTAL I know

I hope you walk in backwards too.  ;)

Not got a lucky turnstile but when I had a season ticket years ago in the Gorgie if I could get up the ramp and into the stand from the turnstile before the old wifey shouted, half time draw tickets I felt that was lucky 😂 I was a bairn 😂 

iwasthere1954
3 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

At the start of every season I go for lucky 7. The past few seasons I was changing every second week. This season I changed to 10. I'm sticking with it. 

I don't have a favourite but I use the ones to the left of the main gate on Gorgie Road. Every time I go through I wonder how many times I have been through it before, going back to the 1950's, given that I'm sure they go back at least that far it must be hundreds for each one. It would be interesting to know when they were first installed. The Romance of the turnstile😄.

Edited by upgotheheads

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Always the closest one to Section N but I've no idea what number it is.

too busy checking you've got your Stone Island jacket on :whistling:

Pasquale for King

I try to recreate everything I did if we win, so I go through the one I went in last time. Numbers change and STs not working doesn’t help. 
Number 22 at the minute 😆

42 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

too busy checking you've got your Stone Island jacket on :whistling:

Indeed! Got to look the part while shouting abuse to the other stone island wearers in the Roseburn 

8 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

We alternate between 22 and 26

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Indeed! Got to look the part while shouting abuse to the other stone island wearers in the Roseburn 

correct answer enjoy Saturday and get stuck right into they Dundee tossers i'll be watching from section Q lower, back in my seat again thank feck

Let me add another weird aspect to consider - do you prefer a turnstile with the chap/girl sitting on the left or the right ? 

Or maybe  you prefer to "push" the turnstile with your left hip or right hip ?  Or an area between the two ?  (This tends to have more of a  consequence for gentlemen rather than ladies though.  :whistling: )     😉

I used to wear my lucky pants to the games . . . well until the people around me started complaining about the smell and the flies!   ;)

11 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Hannibal Lecter

Not so much a number one but when using the Gorgie or Wheatfield turnstiles I always have to enter by the left hand side of the banks of 2.

On 20/10/2021 at 22:54, 7PNJ4 said:

Entry into the Wheatfield Stand, depending on what time you go there is always a long, slow moving queue that makes its way along Wheatfield Place towards Wheatfield Road/NB Bowling green however if you want to be a prick and not queue up just walk straight down Wheatfield Street and snake your way into turnstiles 1 - 10 much to the ignorance of the stewards and to the annoyance of the queueing fans watching the audacity of others.