What a shock Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent.

7628mm

57 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They said oh SSN earlier that Newcastle would struggle to get applications for the managers job, don’t think I’ve heard a bigger pile of shite in my life 🤦🏽

:laugh2: idiots, my application's in already

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Maroon Sailor

• JamboAl

• Tommy Brown

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Will be between you and John Barnes.

When can you start?

I'll send in the coaching team, my style is quite hands off 🤯

jamboinglasgow

If I was a good manager, I think I would hold off applying for the Newcastle job at the moment. The first manager is going to have to do a massive rebuild, with at least two months without a squad that is Premier league quality, so the team will be stuck down the league for a while. Its going to take time for a team that can be decent. So better let the first person do all the tough work, then come in when you have a better platform to build on.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Fonseca a possibility apparently 

Did well at Shaktar Donetsk, also managed Porto/Braga/Roma. Was favourite in June for Spurs but there was tax issues of some kind.
Definitely an upgrade. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If I was a good manager, I think I would hold off applying for the Newcastle job at the moment. The first manager is going to have to do a massive rebuild, with at least two months without a squad that is Premier league quality, so the team will be stuck down the league for a while. Its going to take time for a team that can be decent. So better let the first person do all the tough work, then come in when you have a better platform to build on.

Yeah top managers won’t go there just now, summer at best and maybe even 2023 once they’ve gradually bought better players and taken this new rule about investment to court and overturned it. 

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I agree with this.

However it's set up for a semi decent manager who has no chance of one of the real top jobs to go in and get the club moving forward. Once they have the club moving in the right direction and they add players it's then on them to back their ability to keep the job long term and start challenging.

Eddie Howe who I don't really rate should be jumping at the chance. I'm not sure why Fonseca's name is in the frame I doubt he knows how to navigate a relegation struggle in England. Potter from Brighton could be a possibility but he's not a big enough name to attract players if they do become successful. I'd like them to get Luis Enrique but like Fonseca I have my doubts about his ability to get them out of relegation trouble. 

Interesting comments from Bruce. The football world seems to think you can say anything you like about someone because "they get paid handsomely", well it just shouldn't be the case. 

Newcastle have a notoriously entitled fan base despite having no grounds to do so whatsoever.

I would be utterly delighted if they go down and would hope any big name manager steers well wide of them.

Maroon Sailor
16 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Interesting comments from Bruce. The football world seems to think you can say anything you like about someone because "they get paid handsomely", well it just shouldn't be the case. 

Newcastle have a notoriously entitled fan base despite having no grounds to do so whatsoever.

I would be utterly delighted if they go down and would hope any big name manager steers well wide of them.

Think you are getting confused with entitled and having a a passion for their club.

They've on the whole been a badly run club apart from a spell in the 90s when they had a really good team.

They remind me of Hearts - badly run throughout my life, relegation, but had a purple patch in the 80s but no trophy to show for it despite being close in the league and Scottish cup

24 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Is that not just the way of the world now with social media.

Man U fans thought it was ok to break into Old Trafford and stop a game, the old firm fans do a multitude of things.

I don't think even Hearts fans will be exactly happy at everything our support has shouted over the past decade.

Why now do you think it's only Newcastle fans who are so terrible? Sounds like you have an armchair support for one of their rivals, probably Liverpool and are gutted that there is another team to challenge near the top.

Maroon Sailor
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The Everton manager will be back in a few days at Newcastle.

Did he forget something? 

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Did he forget something? 

Yeah, to kick Ashley in the baws. He'll be back as manager. A certainty.

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

I must be in the minority, I quite like the guy from the little I know

Me too.

His voice over work on The Wombles was brilliant.

4 minutes ago, Boris said:

Me too.

His voice over work on The Wombles was brilliant.

They used to play audiobook passages on Talksport. They said it was Steve Bruce. Whether that's true or not, but it made me smile .

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They used to play audiobook passages on Talksport. They said it was Steve Bruce. Whether that's true or not, but it made me smile .

Eh?

You're joking?

I just made the quip because Steve Bruce reminds me of Bernard Cribbins...

Maroon Sailor
27 minutes ago, Boris said:

Eh?

You're joking?

I just made the quip because Steve Bruce reminds me of Bernard Cribbins...

He reminds me of a Womble

00ebd1ce86a2001a6b6018d15ead28c0.jpg

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hilarious listening to the geordies on the radio saying how sorry they feel for him and wishing him all the best.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Saying he was dealt a short straw with the lack of finance but did everything he could...so is anyone wanting him kept on to spend the new money? Nah, didn;t think so.

1000 games as a manager and won f-all. I genuinely would not take him at Hearts.

I agree he is a dinosaur manager (scottish equivalent is John Yogi Hughes) but wouldn't call winning the English Championship twice with Birmingham and leading Hull City back to the Premiere League with two promotions f-all ..... that is one tough league to win and these were not high spending clubs.  Neil Warnock is sought after as a Manager with that CV.  Having said that I wouldnt have him near my club. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Was that not Bernard Cribbens  ?

Yeah, it was.

Just that on my mind Bruce looks like Cribbens.

A lame "gag" on my part, and perhaps an unwelcome glimpse into my mind...😳

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I will feel sorry for people that lose their jobs and have not got a pot to piss in not some ***** getting a multi million pound pay off.

Yes you're right he should just tell them to ram their compensation 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

He was one of the famous five.

Hibs through and through

Typical of our board at the time. 

Did all they could to kill Hearts off. 

2 hours ago, RussAsia said:

Is that not just the way of the world now with social media.

Man U fans thought it was ok to break into Old Trafford and stop a game, the old firm fans do a multitude of things.

I don't think even Hearts fans will be exactly happy at everything our support has shouted over the past decade.

Why now do you think it's only Newcastle fans who are so terrible? Sounds like you have an armchair support for one of their rivals, probably Liverpool and are gutted that there is another team to challenge near the top.

LOL if you look back Champions League posts I have no ties to Liverpool.... in fact I don't even have an English club. 

I just see Newcastle Fans(not all of course) as having been horrible *******'s over the years towards managers, it's definitely something that's been repeated and seems more so than with most clubs.

As I say, I will sit back and enjoy the chaos as it unfolds.

1 hour ago, Disco Ball said:

I agree he is a dinosaur manager (scottish equivalent is John Yogi Hughes) but wouldn't call winning the English Championship twice with Birmingham and leading Hull City back to the Premiere League with two promotions f-all ..... that is one tough league to win and these were not high spending clubs.  Neil Warnock is sought after as a Manager with that CV.  Having said that I wouldnt have him near my club. 

Don’t think he won the championship with Birmingham. 

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

I must be in the minority, I quite like the guy from the little I know

I've always found he comes across well and his record in management is decent.

The thing is, football clubs and fans are so quick to write off managers these days, that when it comes to appointing a new manager there is a lack of 'good' candidates out there i.e. 99% of the candidates out there have been sacked at least a couple of times for 'not being good enough'. It's all a bit silly.  

1 hour ago, Disco Ball said:

Don’t know if he is a dinosaur?  If there’s so many alleged, good, modern thinking , more forward thinking managers, why are they not winning leagues instead of Warnock, Bruce etc..?

Not picking an argument with you. But this kind of point come up a lot.  

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Well known fact.

You implied that because Ormond managed Hearts before Hibs, it was not as bad an appointment of Jack Ross for us ??

What am I missing?

County Durham Hearts
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fingers crossed, would definitely help us. 

None of my Mag mates want Gerrard anywhere near St.James. Bruce himself is from a village near Hexham, so def Newcastle territory and all Newcastle fans him and his family, I feel he done a good job in difficult circumstances and the money he will get will ease the pain in what he had to put up with. Fonseca favourite for the job now.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, County Durham Hearts said:

None of my Mag mates want Gerrard anywhere near St.James. Bruce himself is from a village near Hexham, so def Newcastle territory and all Newcastle fans him and his family, I feel he done a good job in difficult circumstances and the money he will get will ease the pain in what he had to put up with. Fonseca favourite for the job now.

I don’t think they will be consulted to be honest, most Geordies don’t seem to agree with you on him doing a decent job and I’m usually likely to go with their opinion, but the majority backed Levein initially and I got dogs abuse for criticising him and not being “on his train” whatever the **** that means. 
Doing a decent job with 7 wins in the last 38 games isn’t going to keep you in a job, I’m sure his £8m payoff will soothe his pain. 

5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He is a typical British manager of a certain generation, who are average with the odd good season and have made a living from bouncing from one club to another, getting massive pay offs. They have friends among journalists and pundits who will always big them up and suggest their names for any job going, and they are always defended when things go wrong as being "a nice guy."

Even the pay off is mental, was reading today that the £8m pay off was added to a new 3 year rolling contract Ashley gave him in the summer, in knowledge that the club will be sold and Bruce will be off when they are there. So basically a friend getting him a big pay off. 

You've just described Sam Allardyce. The journeyman's journeyman. Don't rate him one wee bit.

20 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

You implied that because Ormond managed Hearts before Hibs, it was not as bad an appointment of Jack Ross for us ??

What am I missing?

I'd rather not answer that.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Don’t know if he is a dinosaur?  If there’s so many alleged, good, modern thinking , more forward thinking managers, why are they not winning leagues instead of Warnock, Bruce etc..?

Not picking an argument with you. But this kind of point come up a lot.  

What dinosaurs are winning leagues? Bruce won four promotions in 22 years as a manager, Warnock has been promoted 8 times in 32 years.
Neither won any league. 

Lennon is the only dinosaur I can think of who’s won a league anywhere in the last few years?

8 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

To never really be wanted, to feel that people wanted me to fail, to read people constantly saying I would fail, that I was useless, a fat waste of space, a stupid, tactically inept cabbage head or whatever. And it was from day one. 

“When we were doing ok results wise, it was ‘yeah but the style of football is rubbish’ or I was just ‘lucky.’ It was ridiculous and persistent, even when the results were good.

Sounds familiar. 

There was nothing more certain than this happening.

I hope he gets the pay off his contract contains and enjoys life for a while.

I truly get confused about just what Newcastle fans require......Ashley has gone and he was the target of their ire, Bruce did everything the great Rafa did except resign (oh and not get relegated) when not given the tools required to be higher placed in the league ie money for transfers.

To me they simply took out their frustrations on the manager when it was clear the owner had 'given up' on any ambitions for the club.

The question to be asked was whether more could have been done by him with the resources supplied and in his 2 complete season I think they did as well as could be expected.

This season has been subject to a terrible start not helped by major injury problems but poor nevertheless and you can understand the fans growing frustration.

There are better times to complete a takeover and outwith a transfer window causes issues for any new manager looking to start well and win the fans over.

Top managers will be reluctant to join knowing there will be short term issues and perhaps issues attracting players to survive relegation and of course many are with clubs already in European football for example

Still it will happen for there are always managers looking for employment or managers who seek a new challenge

Players currently at the club may also see little or no future for many of them and the new man will need to take them with him as well for the club to survive this season

Maroon Sailor

I've never been a fan of Rafa but to suggest he got Newcastle relegated is ridiculous. 

The wally with the brolly can take that accolade

Maroon Sailor

Thinking about Newcastle changing permanent managers. They have either ended their managerial careers or haven't pulled up trees elsewhere.

Souness

Roeder

Allardyce

Keegan

Kinnear

Hughton

Pardew

McClaren

Benetiz

Bruce ?

It's either one of the toughest gigs in football or they were the wrong appointments in the first place.

Nobody has been able to crack it there for one reason or another

Edited by Maroon Sailor

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Thinking about Newcastle changing permanent managers. They have either ended their managerial careers or haven't pulled up trees elsewhere.

Souness

Roeder

Allardyce

Keegan

Kinnear

Hughton

Pardew

McClaren

Benetiz

Bruce ?

It's either one of the toughest gigs in football or they were the wrong appointments in the first place.

Nobody has been able to crack it there for one reason or another

Poor Glenn Roeder, not pulling up trees.

More pushing up daisies.

:sterb147:

Hope no one is offended by dark humour

:oopsoops:

9 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Poor Glenn Roeder, not pulling up trees.

More pushing up daisies.

:sterb147:

Hope no one is offended by dark humour

:oopsoops:

He would have still done a better job than Bruce. 

11 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It was never going to work whilst managing Sunderland.

He divided opinion with them as well !🤣

You fat Geordie *******, get out of our club! Was the cry towards the end. 

11 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

"Money Money Money Money Money Money Money slluuuuurp" 

(one for the Athletico Mince fans). 

Tucks into some owl...