Unbeaten teams

mickycameron98

10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt any team has ever gone through a season unbeaten and been relegated without some points section or similar. 😄

I didn't say that, I said it was mathematically possible, which it is. In any case, too many draws won't get us very far.

9 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I didn't say that, I said it was mathematically possible, which it is. In any case, too many draws won't get us very far.

How many is too many and how far do we need to go?

At our current rate we would end the season with 76 points which should easily see us in Europe. 

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

At our current rate we would end the season with 76 points which should easily see us in Europe. 

Going by what's happened this century*, 76 points would see us comfortably in at least 3rd place.

On 9 occasions we'd actually have finished 2nd (+ another going to goal difference). The absence and relative weakness of Rangers for a few years explains some of this, obviously - but interesting that we ourselves finished 2nd in 2006 with just 74 points.

* Completed seasons only!

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Do you really think that we've played in any game to avoid defeat? There was certainly no evidence of it on Saturday or against Hibs. We were holding on a bit against Aberdeen after they equalised but that was more about them improving than us settling for the draw I would say.

After so many crap years from Hearts, it is weird that so many fans want to find negatives in anything. No one is arguing that we shouldn't want to beat Dundee at home, but there really is nothing wrong with enjoying the fact we are unbeaten and in second place after 10 games. I think some people have forgotten football is meant to be about enjoyment.

I totally agree we’ve generally been on the front foot. The only point I was trying to make is that the “unbeaten” tag can become a bit of a distraction and can lead to situations where you might protect a point rather than go all out for all three.

mickycameron98
22 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

I totally agree we’ve generally been on the front foot. The only point I was trying to make is that the “unbeaten” tag can become a bit of a distraction and can lead to situations where you might protect a point rather than go all out for all three.

The only problem with being unbeaten is that everyone wants to beat you! 

46 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

How many teams have topped the table by only winning half their games?

After 4 yes but 10, cant happen often.

This is all getting a bit convoluted now. Points make prizes. 😄

6 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Agree with most of that except "killing us". We're sitting in second place after 10 games.

Fair enough "killing us" is a strong term, perhaps "frustrating us" would have been more apt? I'm over the moon that we're second tbh 😀

4 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Fair enough "killing us" is a strong term, perhaps "frustrating us" would have been more apt? I'm over the moon that we're second tbh 😀

👍  Definitely frustrating us.

Maroon Sailor
On 24/10/2021 at 20:53, Maroon Sailor said:

And then there were 4

Euan Henderson scoring in the 90th and 93rd minute as Alloa beat Queen's Park 4-3