***Official Heart of Midlothian vs Dundee Match Thread***

CloustonHMFC

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Remember your vaccine passports, wouldnt let me register the app fully today 🤬, couldn’t find my paper copy 😡 but it turned up eventually 😓phew 😆
Can’t wait for the game now. 

Any idea if the downloadable pdf counts as a passport?  or do you need the paper version?   I don't have the app or paper. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Morgan

• Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Any idea if the downloadable pdf counts as a passport?  or do you need the paper version?   I don't have the app or paper. 

I think you need the bar code on it, does that have it? The club released this to help. 
https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/supporter-update-covid-passports

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think you need the bar code on it, does that have it? The club released this to help. 
https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/supporter-update-covid-passports

Yes it has barcodes.    thanks for the link.   it says digital copies are acceptable but ideally paper is best. 

I'm just panicky if it gets rejected and I'm left with a ticket that I can't use.   that would be crap ☺ 

Getting Your Proof of Vaccination

There have been media reports today regarding some issues with the new NHS Scotland COVID status app. Rest assured we will also accept digital and paper copies of your vaccine status.

Entry To The Stadium:

In line with the legislation, we will be performing random spot checks at entry points to all four stands. Supporters are strongly encouraged to arrive early at Tynecastle on Saturday (turnstiles will open at 1.30pm) ideally with a hard copy of their vaccine certificate. Digital copies will also be accepted.

Edited by HMFC01

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Yes it has barcodes.    thanks for the link.   it says digital copies are acceptable but ideally paper is best. 

I'm just panicky if it gets rejected and I'm left with a ticket that I can't use.   that would be crap ☺ 

Getting Your Proof of Vaccination

There have been media reports today regarding some issues with the new NHS Scotland COVID status app. Rest assured we will also accept digital and paper copies of your vaccine status.

Entry To The Stadium:

In line with the legislation, we will be performing random spot checks at entry points to all four stands. Supporters are strongly encouraged to arrive early at Tynecastle on Saturday (turnstiles will open at 1.30pm) ideally with a hard copy of their vaccine certificate. Digital copies will also be accepted.

Yeah i was the same before the last game, I took an extra copy and left it at work so I had one close to the ground if I lost mines. 
I hope the checks are more common early on when there’s no queue, or they go up and down the queues doing it so as not to slow everything down. 

On 19/10/2021 at 22:04, Malinga the Swinga said:

3-0 win for Hearts. Two on first half before 70th minute 3rd from penalty spot.

First half before the 70th minute? 

Think you'll be alright there :lol:

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Good game for McKay and Woodburn to score their first goals.

Got a feeling in my waters that Gnando may start up top instead of Boyce….

The Treasurer
6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Spot checks you say? I'm guessing if you say you're exempt then you'll be let in regardless so what's the point.

Proof of exemption is required if asked 

Dundee are pish in defence and I think we can score some goals but it would be foolish to think that they don't pose a threat with Adams and Griffiths so we need to defend well. 

I hope we pummel them senseless and that our support gives them dugs abuse for 90 minutes. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Spot checks you say? I'm guessing if you say you're exempt then you'll be let in regardless so what's the point.

Exempt from what? Vaccines?

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Dundee are pish in defence and I think we can score some goals but it would be foolish to think that they don't pose a threat with Adams and Griffiths so we need to defend well. 

I hope we pummel them senseless and that our support gives them dugs abuse for 90 minutes. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/dundee-boss-james-mcpake-on-why-tannadice-is-more-testing-than-tynecastle-ahead-of-hearts-clash-3428100

McPake isn't worried..... 😁

18 minutes ago, Daktari said:

I think he's trying to down play it. He knows Tynecastle can be very intimidating especially when we're playing them. They've got McPake, McGhee, McGowan, Adam, Griffiths, Strachan, Nelms... A plethora of *****. 

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, Sertse said:

I think if you are chosen for a spot check just saying I am exempt won't work, I'd imagine you will have to show evidence you are exempt.

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Daktari said:

“The e-mail thing is well in the past, though. We have played them a few times since.”

Not in front of fans you haven't!    

"But it’s no different to us than going to Celtic or Ibrox."

Except, as everyone in Scottish football will tell you, the fans are much closer - right on top of you. Enjoy the game, James.

Sounds like McPake is throwing down a challenge to the Hearts support to be more intimidating than Tannadice, which is the last thing he should be doing. It's fair to say we're pretty fired up already...

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Not in front of fans you haven't!    

Except, as everyone in Scottish football will tell you, the fans are much closer - right on top of you. Enjoy the game, James.

Sounds like McPake is throwing down a challenge to the Hearts support to be more intimidating than Tannadice, which is the last thing he should be doing. It's fair to say we're pretty fired up already...

My cat is more intimidating than Tannadice. 
He better wear ear plugs 😆

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think if you are chosen for a spot check just saying I am exempt won't work, I'd imagine you will have to show evidence you are exempt.

Proof will surely be required. 

0B8ADA9C-5E45-4A0D-BFBF-7FECB94444BF.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exempt of what? You have to be double vaccinated to get in, if you’re not you’re not getting in. 

It did mention medical exemptions in the SG bumph. I think people taking part in certain medical trials and other folk who can’t get vaccinated for rare medical conditions are still allowed to attend all events. It went on to say this is a very low percentage of the population 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It did mention medical exemptions in the SG bumph. I think people taking part in certain medical trials and other folk who can’t get vaccinated for rare medical conditions are still allowed to attend all events. It went on to say this is a very low percentage of the population 

Yeah I should’ve looked it up before I typed, I’ve edited it now. 
U18s tickets will be enough for them, the others 🤷🏾‍♂️?

BF7C4101-2E98-4D34-8BAC-EC933BA0A18E.jpeg

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I should’ve looked it up before I typed, I’ve edited it now. 
U18s tickets will be enough for them, the others 🤷🏾‍♂️?

BF7C4101-2E98-4D34-8BAC-EC933BA0A18E.jpeg

I’m going to assume they’ve been issued with some sort of letter from the government or such like. Letters from GP’s or  companies running vaccine trials have got to be easy to forge I’d imagine. 

20 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

My pdf download has two QR codes on it, one for each vaccination I assume, so I'm guessing that's what the paper version would be like too?

Just now, Boris said:

My pdf download has two QR codes on it, one for each vaccination I assume, so I'm guessing that's what the paper version would be like too?

My phone, like me, is old so I have a paper version with 2 QR codes on it and a picture of same on my phone.
On a side note I had my flu jag  and a booster of my Covid jag which they let slip may be the third of a fourth dose.
The online version just shows it as a "winter booster".

I live in England due to work and got vaccinated here, will they accept the vaccination cards does anyone know? Seems like it's only NHS Scotland they accept

27 minutes ago, brownkg said:

My phone, like me, is old so I have a paper version with 2 QR codes on it and a picture of same on my phone.
On a side note I had my flu jag  and a booster of my Covid jag which they let slip may be the third of a fourth dose.
The online version just shows it as a "winter booster".

you'll be well jacked up for the match.   

💪😄

Thanks for mentioning the qr codes.  I will give my phone a good shine so it scans proper ☺ 

4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I live in England due to work and got vaccinated here, will they accept the vaccination cards does anyone know? Seems like it's only NHS Scotland they accept

They should accept it.

It's just a quick check. And only 20% at most they are checking. 

40 minutes ago, Sertse said:

The NHS England vaccine proof - on app or paper - is good enough for international travel so would assume it has to be good enough for Hearts

46 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Its just g4s stewards, if you have something resembling proof of a vaccine you will be gold.

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

It's not just NHS Scotland, you'll be fine. I was vaccinated in Austria and I've confirmed my proof of vaccination will be fine 👍

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Boris said:

The paper copies contain two QR codes as well, which I assume can be scanned by whatever scanner gadget is provided to those who will carry out any checks at the points of entry to the stadium.

6 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The paper copies contain two QR codes as well, which I assume can be scanned by whatever scanner gadget is provided to those who will carry out any checks at the points of entry to the stadium.

It’s just a feeling but I doubt they’ll scan anything. A visual check is all I expect. 

10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

My paper copy doesn't have any QR code.

18 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I think he's trying to down play it. He knows Tynecastle can be very intimidating especially when we're playing them. They've got McPake, McGhee, McGowan, Adam, Griffiths, Strachan, Nelms... A plethora of *****. 

All he said there was that the Dundee derby atmosphere is usually more intense than Hearts vs Dundee at Tynecastle. He knows fine it’s going to be loud and possibly a bit tasty. He knows we’re going into this with a score to settle And he knows why. 

Same team, same formation, go 2 or 3 up then give boyce and beni a break. This would be the ideal scenario.

Something that annoyed me about RN was he used to change the team every week and we had no rhythm or momentum about us as there would be different partnerships all over the park. I think he’s learned from that this season and it’s reflected in our performances and league position. But do we maybe need to make 1 change just to freshen it up? My only change would be woodburn as it’s not quite happened for him so maybe someone like Ginnelly or GMS deserves to come back in but we have a strong winning mentality about us so happy to keep same team. 3-0 Hearts 

28 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

My paper copy doesn't have any QR code.

If you log on to the account you set up to get the original one you'll be able to download and print a new one with the QR codes. They'll post you one if you wish but probably not in time for tomorrow's game.

Fort Vallance
12 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Its just g4s stewards, if you have something resembling proof of a vaccine you will be gold.

G4S ? You could probably stick a little plaster on your arm and show them that.

Bazzas right boot

The atmosphere is more intense at Tannadice because it's a derby. 

I'm sure Raith get a more hostile reception at Dunfermline as opposed to Tynecastle. 

I wonder why? 

Insightfull stuff from the cardigan wearing, leather faced toss pot. 

ROBBIE NEILSON PRE-MATCH 

https://t.co/g9XBlCxpKi 

The old “Glasgow long Blink” was mentioned by Robbie in reference to some of Don Robertson’s decisions at Ibrox last weekend. Made me chuckle.

Talks about the touchline ban and the aggro with Dundee. 

Alex Cochrane tomorrow. 

Reads appreciated

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I’m going to assume they’ve been issued with some sort of letter from the government or such like. Letters from GP’s or  companies running vaccine trials have got to be easy to forge I’d imagine. 

Definitely, you would think there won’t be many of those folk kicking about but who knows. 
Proof definitely required though. 
https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/covid-passport-checks-this-saturday