Horizm (Hearts related content)

Tom Hardy’s Dug

6 hours ago, Ulysses said:

@Beni in order to meet the criteria set by the posts quoted above yours, the in-person matchday experience needs to have a different number of degrees to 360.  Otherwise it quite clearly is not a reinvention of the wheel.  I'm not being critical for its own sake; it's just something that your campaign needs to consider.

It's a fair point, we need a marketable USP to future-proof the baked-in gains from the new Al powered platform.

The feedback from some blue sky thinking suggests most leverage being gained by putting even more seats in, thus making Tyncastle the first 361° stadium in the world. 

SpryGranularAmurminnow-size_restricted.g

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InternationalJambo

• Unknown user

• redjambo

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

To me that says there's a ready made marketplace where both sides can meet and agree without having to shop around - a used car dealer as opposed to trawling the local ads

Horizm will help hearts "segment" their fanbase using various data points and then sponsors or advertisers can buy these segments to advertise to digitally on their 'Marketplace". It's the sports version of a "Data Management Platform" or "Customer Data Platform" pretty much all large companies use them. Hearts can probably take this data to potential sponsors and broker their own deals outside of the market place too. 

It's been difficult for sports teams to take advantage due to their fans being a relatively small market in the grand scheme of things. Premiership clubs are only starting to crack this in the past 2/3 years. 

InternationalJambo
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

To me that says there's a ready made marketplace where both sides can meet and agree without having to shop around - a used car dealer as opposed to trawling the local ads

Most definitely. Just now that’s what it is anyway. Read the second article I posted above, second quote 6 or 7 paragraphs down.

Talks about sport being timeless, money not needing to be focussed on TV, packaging sports in a new digitalised way etc. I don’t believe this companies sole focus is on helping sponsors find a football club. At this present moment yes, as that’s what the space allows for, but as I said the opportunities this brings are almost limitless. 

On your point about not understanding how blockchain can help hearts. I’m not sure myself to be honest, the way tech is moving is scary to say the least. Say a new technological way of making money comes about, people could buy that from us and it’ll be authentic as you could trace it back to show it was hearts you got this ‘piece of technology’ or ‘digital asset’ from, if that makes sense? Giving it a monetary value as its one of a kind. That sort of thing. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

2 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Most definitely. Just now that’s what it is anyway. Read the second article I posted above, second quote 6 or 7 paragraphs down.

Talks about sport being timeless, money not needing to be focussed on TV, packaging sports in a new digitalised way etc. I don’t believe this companies sole focus is on helping sponsors find a football club. At this present moment yes, as that’s what the space allows for, but as I said the opportunities this brings are almost limitless. 

On your point about not understanding how blockchain can help hearts. I’m not sure myself to be honest, the way tech is moving is scary to say the least. Say a new technological way of making money comes about, people could buy that directly from us and it’ll be authentic as you could trace it back to show it was hearts you got this ‘piece of technology’ or ‘digital asset’ from, if that makes sense? 

I just don't think this has got anything to do with blockchain, there's nothing suggesting it anyway.

It's matching sponsors to people looking for sponsorship as far as I can tell. Good idea, and no doubt using clever tech and info farming, but I doubt blockchain's involved at all.

InternationalJambo
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I just don't think this has got anything to do with blockchain, there's nothing suggesting it anyway.

It's matching sponsors to people looking for sponsorship as far as I can tell. Good idea, and no doubt using clever tech and info farming, but I doubt blockchain's involved at all.

No worries mate, agree to disagree. The talk about diversification and the wording banded about makes me think the complete opposite. As I said guess we will see. Mon the Hearts 👍

36 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

No worries mate, agree to disagree. The talk about diversification and the wording banded about makes me think the complete opposite. As I said guess we will see. Mon the Hearts 👍

:thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I'm assuming that ultimately the money earned through this will come from the customer/fan.

My mobile browser suppresses ads - on newspaper websites, Hearts' website, even on JKB.  I also download my "digital assets" to watch offline, again without ads. I just don't like wasting my time looking at ads.

So am I immune from these snake oil salesmen, or am I missing the point?

As far as I'm getting it's just about more specifically targeted ads.

If they find that 80% of our support love jelly babies then Bertie Bassett will be on us like a seagull on a dropped fish supper

PhoenixHearts
9 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

I won’t derail the thread but PM me if you want a few articles on blockchain technology. It is paving the way for revenue innovation and any forward thinking company would be stupid not to be looking at it IMO. Several big tech companies and major banks have bought into it and are in the process rolling out ways of implementing it into everyday life. Think how long ago contactless cards weren’t the norm, now they are. Same with paying on your phone, now it is. It’s always seamless and effortless. That’s how it works. 

No Gen Z Types or wanna be stock traders, or even buying fresh air. Just forward thinking. 

I'm specifically referring to NFTs btw, not all crpyto and blockchain stuff.

NFTs are a load of pish. Paying to "own" a picture or video that anyone can see, download, screenshot and use. "Aye but I'm the owner"...

5 hours ago, Beni said:

It's a fair point, we need a marketable USP to future-proof the baked-in gains from the new Al powered platform.

The feedback from some blue sky thinking suggests most leverage being gained by putting even more seats in, thus making Tyncastle the first 361° stadium in the world. 

SpryGranularAmurminnow-size_restricted.g

David This Is Brilliant GIF by Australian Survivor

5 hours ago, studo said:

Horizm will help hearts "segment" their fanbase using various data points and then sponsors or advertisers can buy these segments to advertise to digitally on their 'Marketplace". It's the sports version of a "Data Management Platform" or "Customer Data Platform" pretty much all large companies use them. Hearts can probably take this data to potential sponsors and broker their own deals outside of the market place too. 

It's been difficult for sports teams to take advantage due to their fans being a relatively small market in the grand scheme of things. Premiership clubs are only starting to crack this in the past 2/3 years. 

I didn't see this one, cheers

As someone who has no idea what an NFT  or Blockchain is, I'm just hoping that someone on the Hearts board actually understands what this is about .... and hasn't just been blinded by  shiny consultant-speak.   

The emperor's new clothes syndrome has been the basis for several  IT sales folk getting traction over the years.  :whistling:

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

As someone who has no idea what an NFT  or Blockchain is, I'm just hoping that someone on the Hearts board actually understands what this is about .... and hasn't just been blinded by  shiny consultant-speak.   

The emperor's new clothes syndrome has been the basis for several  IT sales folk getting traction over the years.  :whistling:

As someone who thinks that NFTs and blockchain and cryptocurrency are at best a complete waste of time and at worst a climate-killing bubble market which will rob millions of their savings, I like to think I have a strong nose for any of that nonsense. I don't see anything here that looks like it, including in the links that @InternationalJamboshared.

What I do see is that streaming sport broadcasts, which were already growing considerably, exploded during pandemic times. And on Hearts TV I'm getting ads for an Edinburgh coach rental company baked into the stream. Given how many folks watching HTV broadcasts are overseas, that's not a very well targeted ad. This is not to run down Hearts for selling the ad or the coach company for buying it, but a company like Horizm appears to have looked at the sheer volume of sport streaming, much of it coming from in-house operations like Hearts TV who do not have suite-fulls of ad executives and data analysts the way the big TV networks do, and said, "hey, there's some money to be made there in improving how well those ads are targeted."

The ONE BILLION POUNDS top-line is, to my eye, Horizm is assessing the total global market value of club-provided streaming services, including the EPL but also La Liga and Serie A and all the rest. How well they actually do on improving the value of ad sales to clubs remains to be seen.

InternationalJambo
15 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

As someone who thinks that NFTs and blockchain and cryptocurrency are at best a complete waste of time and at worst a climate-killing bubble market which will rob millions of their savings, I like to think I have a strong nose for any of that nonsense. I don't see anything here that looks like it, including in the links that @InternationalJamboshared.

What I do see is that streaming sport broadcasts, which were already growing considerably, exploded during pandemic times. And on Hearts TV I'm getting ads for an Edinburgh coach rental company baked into the stream. Given how many folks watching HTV broadcasts are overseas, that's not a very well targeted ad. This is not to run down Hearts for selling the ad or the coach company for buying it, but a company like Horizm appears to have looked at the sheer volume of sport streaming, much of it coming from in-house operations like Hearts TV who do not have suite-fulls of ad executives and data analysts the way the big TV networks do, and said, "hey, there's some money to be made there in improving how well those ads are targeted."

The ONE BILLION POUNDS top-line is, to my eye, Horizm is assessing the total global market value of club-provided streaming services, including the EPL but also La Liga and Serie A and all the rest. How well they actually do on improving the value of ad sales to clubs remains to be seen.

http://horizm.com/reports/The_Digital_Value_of_Fans.pdf

Took you long enough. Expected a reply as such. Clearly don’t like anyone challenging your opinion and you are always right - so tell me mystic Meg - what’s your opinion on this case study submitted by the company? What’s your opinion on the conclusions drawn? I’ll let others draw their own opinions, as I did. Not forcing mine on others. Just as long as everyone knows you have a nose for this and can smell nonsense. Absolutely no point in a debate on this forum. 

edit - €1billion value of the streaming sites for clubs that have signed up yes? Is that what you’re saying in your last paragraph?
ANNUALLY? Jesus. Need to get involved in that. 

5 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

http://horizm.com/reports/The_Digital_Value_of_Fans.pdf

Took you long enough. Expected a reply as such. Clearly don’t like anyone challenging your opinion and you are always right - so tell me mystic Meg - what’s your opinion on this case study submitted by the company? What’s your opinion on the conclusions drawn? I’ll let others draw their own opinions, as I did. Not forcing mine on others. Just as long as everyone knows you have a nose for this and can smell nonsense. Absolutely no point in a debate on this forum. 

Whoa, that escalated quickly.

Mate, I'm just disagreeing with you, not having a go. I just read that PDF and no, I still don't see any signs of blockchain there. You do. Fine, I think you're wrong, but that shouldn't cause you to lose any sleep.

The conclusion of that document is informative and pretty clearly written IMO—I'm going to paste it here so others can read it easily because I think it explains a lot. I've bolded the part that I think is most clarifying, but included the whole thing so everyone can see for themselves.

What this adds that I was missing is that they want to not just sell ads in the stream, but to heavily deploy on social media (I can only assume goal clips, highlights, meme-able moments, and such).

As we approached the end of the last decade, sport was awash with talk of OTT, augmented reality, digital fan engagement and a host of other technology driven developments that were full of potential. In short, technology was already embedded firmly in the industry’s ecosystem and clearly sign posting the way forward.

Then along came Covid, rapidly accelerating our digital connectivity and bringing into sharper focus the significant role digital channels will play in sport’s immediate future. It also highlighted - as this report shows - the extent of the commercial opportunity that is out there; an opportunity that is not currently being maximised.

This can be seen clearly when we compare the numbers of some of the media and social media giants with their counterparts in European Football. Netflix have amassed 240m users worldwide – a number that no doubt swelled during lockdown – and has a market cap of just over €185bn. As reported in the Unofficial Partner Podcast, Pinterest has an audience of 458m and a market cap of almost €44bn and TikTok an audience of 689m with a market cap of over €80bn. In contrast, Real Madrid have over 240 million followers on their three primary channels alone – with another 5-10m across emerging and market specific channels – and Manchester United have nearly 140m followers but they are only valued at just under €4bn and €2.5bn, respectively. There is a clear opportunity for these European giants to increase the monetization of their vast fanbases, one that exists at scale throughout the football pyramid.
Technological advances in content creation and distribution may have allowed rights holders to become media owners in their own right, but they are a long way behind the big media companies in terms of fully realising the monetary potential of their passionate fanbases; audiences more loyal than Netflix or Amazon could ever hope to command.

As sport looks to move forward post pandemic and recover lost revenues, digital offers a rich and largely untapped opportunity to bring in new commercial partners and offer more value for existing sponsors. As shown in this report, the key to driving more value per fan across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter is striking the right balance between increasing activity and maintaining performance. However, there is also the need to shift the mindset; to think about what brands are looking for and what can be offered across different digital platforms to match these needs. The rights holders that best exploit the digital opportunity in front of them will be the ones who put social channels at the front of their thought process and embrace the flexibility and accountability they provide.

With over €1bn to go after across the world’s top leagues in 2021, sport’s digital opportunity is no longer just the future, it is very much the here and now; a golden opportunity for those with the right mindset and the right tactical approach

InternationalJambo
3 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Whoa, that escalated quickly.

Mate, I'm just disagreeing with you, not having a go. I just read that PDF and no, I still don't see any signs of blockchain there. You do. Fine, I think you're wrong, but that shouldn't cause you to lose any sleep.

The conclusion of that document is informative and pretty clearly written IMO—I'm going to paste it here so others can read it easily because I think it explains a lot. I've bolded the part that I think is most clarifying, but included the whole thing so everyone can see for themselves.

What this adds that I was missing is that they want to not just sell ads in the stream, but to heavily deploy on social media (I can only assume goal clips, highlights, meme-able moments, and such).

Apologies but I completely disagree. You are commenting on something with such conviction that you have no clue about. The clue is in one of the paragraphs you have highlighted. Go do your research.

6 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Apologies but I completely disagree. You are commenting on something with such conviction that you have no clue about. The clue is in one of the paragraphs you have highlighted. Go do your research.

I have a clue about blockchain. I have "done my research." I'm not remotely alone in thinking it's technobabble snakeoil, if that's what you're taking issue with. I know crypto stans love to swear that anyone who isn't on the bus is simply ignorant, so maybe that's the issue here.

But my dislike of blockchain/crypto/NFT wankery has nothing to do with the fact that I think it's not what Horizm is doing. It's that they're pretty clear about what they're doing in that document you very helpfully posted, and it's all about maximizing the value of digital rights that the clubs already own. I mean I guess it could mean making an NFT of the Ozturk screamer at Easter Road but to me it's much more about putting the a super-cut of Ozturk screamers on TikTok, slapping a 5-second ad on it, and putting it on the club's social media channel.

InternationalJambo
8 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I have a clue about blockchain. I have "done my research." I'm not remotely alone in thinking it's technobabble snakeoil, if that's what you're taking issue with. I know crypto stans love to swear that anyone who isn't on the bus is simply ignorant, so maybe that's the issue here.

But my dislike of blockchain/crypto/NFT wankery has nothing to do with the fact that I think it's not what Horizm is doing. It's that they're pretty clear about what they're doing in that document you very helpfully posted, and it's all about maximizing the value of digital rights that the clubs already own. I mean I guess it could mean making an NFT of the Ozturk screamer at Easter Road but to me it's much more about putting the a super-cut of Ozturk screamers on TikTok, slapping a 5-second ad on it, and putting it on the club's social media channel.

Mate I’m not one for the crypto train either, but the way you’re going on about it, it will make folk think you know what you’re on about. You literally summed it up in the start of your second paragraph.

Ahhhh. So you’ve done your research and are now basing your argument around a document I kindly provided? After sending me links of their website 😂

Nice one mate. You didn’t have a scooby it was anything to do with social media. 

As I said, I will let folk draw their own opinions. There are some things you clearly can’t comprehend, that others will from that study. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

This is where I am at.

We’ll see soon enough the clear difference (IMO) between this and Hibs NFTs (which today I see were selling HIB$ Tokens 🤔😂)

I think it will become clear soon enough.

SpruceBringsteen

Never met or conversed with someone that's into crypto or NFTs etc who isn't far right or a massive virgin.

Hibs should do well with their SportMongo link up.

4 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Never met or conversed with someone that's into crypto or NFTs etc who isn't far right or a massive virgin.

:spoton:

The hib$ nft thing is so dodgy man, apparently any of their fans who question it on twitter are being met with multiple bots telling them how excited they should be about it. The fact the company involved are calling themselves sportemongo and seemingly OK with it should tell you everything you need to know. 

That Hib$ token thing & the sheer number of bots (sorry “real fans”) that have sprung up is a really bad look for them, hopefully hibs fans give it a wide berth & the whole thing falls on it’s arse.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

What's the difference between a "massive" virgin and a virgin? 

🤷‍♂️

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Block chains oot! 

Blockchains, NFT's, Crypto currency etc etc. I've no idea what any of these things are so decided to do a little research on google. 30 minutes later my head is full of even more words that I don't understand so I've now given up. Life's too short I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

Blockchains, NFT's, Crypto currency etc etc. I've no idea what any of these things are so decided to do a little research on google. 30 minutes later my head is full of even more words that I don't understand so I've now given up. Life's too short I'm afraid.

😃 Indeed.  A cynic might suggest that all this  stuff is further evidence of the ingenuity of mankind to  find new ways to  destroy itself through greed.   😲

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

What's the difference between a "massive" virgin and a virgin? 

🤷‍♂️

Weight gain. Like that fella in Silent Night, Round John Virgin.