• InternationalJambo

• Unknown user

• redjambo

• Pans Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

They are going to be trying to sell us stuff digitally.  It’s exactly like what over the road got themselves into recently but branded differently. 

https://horizm.com/marketplace/

Still no idea what they actually do different. 

2 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Interesting thread.
I feel my content would be maximised by a Pot Noodle right about now.

A "Fist of Gorgie"-branded pie would do me.

part_time_jambo
3 hours ago, merrymac said:

I might be wrong but think its more about targeting the Hearts fan as customers for other products.

A bit like the Hibs scheme that was slated on here then?

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Still no idea what they actually do different. 

Not much, but it's done with artifishul intellejunce, don't you know. We just used to call that programming and data management but that doesn't sound nearly so 22nd century. ;)

1 minute ago, part_time_jambo said:

Hope not. Time will tell.

👍 For a terrible moment I thought you were saying we should be more balanced in our criticism of hibs, apologies

Kalamazoo Jambo
21 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

They are going to be trying to sell us stuff digitally.  It’s exactly like what over the road got themselves into recently but branded differently. 

https://horizm.com/marketplace/

If you’re talking about Hibs and NFTs then I don’t think it’s the same at all. That’s a very specific product being sold. Horizm seems to be about linking

sports teams/associations with a multitude of products.

part_time_jambo
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

👍 For a terrible moment I thought you were saying we should be more balanced in our criticism of hibs, apologies

I would never say  that. Although I do sometimes think it, briefly.

18 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

A bit like the Hibs scheme that was slated on here then?

I barely understand a word of it but I can guarantee right now that it’ll be better than what Hibs are doing. 

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, The Internet said:

It sounds like a similar amount of corporate bullshit as the hibs thing but not as pyramid-schemy. 

Pyramid-schemy

Is that not a collective noun for Old Firm fans?

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I barely understand a word of it but I can guarantee right now that it’ll be better than what Hibs are doing. 

Had a look on their website which is full of more verbal diarrhea, but, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal , and a lot of other big sporting organisations seem to have bought into it.

If it makes money for the club, lets go!!  

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Had a look on their website which is full of more verbal diarrhea, but, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal , and a lot of other big sporting organisations seem to have bought into it.

If it makes money for the club, lets go!!  

Aye, certainly in good company with that lot 👍

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Pyramid-schemy

Yep

Pyramid -schemy is the new upgrade for the Provy Cheque( not Provo) 😂

8 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Pyramid-schemy

I thought that was the Egyptian slaves

6 hours ago, jonesy said:

So it's like pies and Pot Noodles an' stuff?

5 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Can't disagree with any of that. On the basis, I didn't understand a word

5 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

In which case when they subliminally persuade you to buy  stuff it's no worries for you - you won't notice!  😀

4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I did read it and I do understand English but somehow, the way these words are put together, I still cant make out what this is all about.

4 hours ago, ericb said:

I have read that over and over again, and consider myself quite tech savvy, and I don't have a clue what it means.

4 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

If anything sums up gobbledygook that is it 🙄

4 hours ago, redjambo said:

:D Me neither. It's all complete gobbledygook to me, the sort of marketing talk that switches my mind off automatically. Contains the square root of absolutely feck all in explanation of what they will actually be doing.

**** me. I bet somebody with a PhD in Gobbledegook wrote it.

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Pyramid-schemy

An Egyptian celtic fan?

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Horizm have today officially launched Marketplace, a ground-breaking new platform that is set to continue their disruption of the sports sponsorship industry. Marketplace is an AI-powered platform that aggregates content groups across a range of digital sports inventory, allowing brands to match their audience needs with the digital assets of rights holders and benefit from precise geo-demographic targeting on a flexible, per campaign basis. For rights holders, Marketplace provides a platform to unlock new revenues from their existing digital inventory.

At a time when brands are looking for more flexibility from their sports partnerships and are increasingly looking to sport’s loyal audiences to deliver on short term marketing objectives, Horizm’s Marketplaceprovides an asset matching service that is in line with their digital-first approach; one that enables proactivity and direct measurability and provides audience engagement opportunities that are not constrained by long term, more traditional sponsorship agreements.

math-lady.gif

7 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Horizm have today officially launched Marketplace, a ground-breaking new platform that is set to continue their disruption of the sports sponsorship industry. Marketplace is an AI-powered platform that aggregates content groups across a range of digital sports inventory, allowing brands to match their audience needs with the digital assets of rights holders and benefit from precise geo-demographic targeting on a flexible, per campaign basis. For rights holders, Marketplace provides a platform to unlock new revenues from their existing digital inventory.

At a time when brands are looking for more flexibility from their sports partnerships and are increasingly looking to sport’s loyal audiences to deliver on short term marketing objectives, Horizm’s Marketplaceprovides an asset matching service that is in line with their digital-first approach; one that enables proactivity and direct measurability and provides audience engagement opportunities that are not constrained by long term, more traditional sponsorship agreements.

:berra:

Right! So stop feckin aboot!!! WTF is it?

Worthing Jambo
6 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Can't disagree with any of that. On the basis, I didn't understand a word

Basically, alphabetti spaghetti!

InternationalJambo

I've done a bit of digging on this. The way i see it it seems to be an upcoming trend (similar to what hibs done that was posted previously with the NFTS, but this is in a completely different ballpark), would say in the next 2/3 years and will be an ebay/amazon/youtube type of service. The direction life and more specifically sports is going it is all digitalised. See Dazn. What i'm taking from it is the next few years these 'marketplaces' will have a lot of customers from subscriptions - sort of like YouTube- Then the AI uses its algorithm to push our content or 'assets' on the clubs set criteria. So location, type of budget, social media following, target audience etc. These 'asset's' will be videos you see for free today, different/new types of media or even new technological advancements that we cant even comprehend at the moment. It is just another revenue stream set up for the future, all clubs will be making this move shortly.

Think advertisements on YouTube. 

Smart move by whoever was involved. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

17 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

I've done a bit of digging on this. The way i see it it seems to be an upcoming trend (similar to what hibs done that was posted previously with the NFTS, but this is in a completely different ballpark), would say in the next 2/3 years and will be an ebay/amazon/youtube type of service. The direction life and more specifically sports is going it is all digitalised. See Dazn. What i'm taking from it is the next few years these 'marketplaces' will have a lot of customers from subscriptions - sort of like YouTube- Then the AI uses its algorithm to push our content or 'assets' on the clubs set criteria. So location, type of budget, social media following, target audience etc. These 'asset's' will be videos you see for free today, different/new types of media or even new technological advancements that we cant even comprehend at the moment. It is just another revenue stream set up for the future, all clubs will be making this move shortly.

Thanks for clarifying, nope still no clue😁

InternationalJambo
11 minutes ago, ericb said:

Thanks for clarifying, nope still no clue😁

It seems to be focussed around digital media and blockchain & how we can capitalise on income via the space that's opening up atm. If you follow cryptocurrency you will know about blockchain technology.

Could either be what i said previous, or Horizm are a sort of 'agent' so to speak, with the AI's algorithm advising us how to best use our content via appropriate channels (majority of which don't exist yet). 

Or i could be talking mince. Confusing either way 😂

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

If you’re talking about Hibs and NFTs then I don’t think it’s the same at all. That’s a very specific product being sold. Horizm seems to be about linking

sports teams/associations with a multitude of products.

I’m not sure it’s environmental friendly which was their biggest gripe.  I’m no bothered either way it’s like buying a pack of players on fifa for me. 

For goodness sake ! you people !

It's 'easy peasy' to understand !

Unfortunately I haven't got the time to explain it all to you.

I'll just let somebody else do it.😎

4 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

:lol: still no idea

3 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

It seems to be focussed around digital media and blockchain & how we can capitalise on income via the space that's opening up atm. If you follow cryptocurrency you will know about blockchain technology.

Could either be what i said previous, or Horizm are a sort of 'agent' so to speak, with the AI's algorithm advising us how to best use our content via appropriate channels (majority of which don't exist yet). 

:rofl: They say God loves a trier. 

I just looked at their website, and I think it's a combo of the kind of AI-driven product suggestion that Facebook and other digital ad platforms perfected with streaming sports revenue.

A lot of which, I think, comes down to developing a profile of what kinds of ads Hearts supporters who are watching Hearts TV are most likely to respond to, then selling spots on the streams to those kinds of companies. 

Makes sense. No NFT/blockchain nonsense. A whole lot more "woo" in the marketing speak for it than there needs to be but that's par for the course unfortunatley.

11 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Looks like they've just created a very wordy, fancy dan way of telling us they're not re-inventing the wheel to maximise digital revenue streams but they are trying to fool us into think they have done just that. 

11 hours ago, jonesy said:

Just once, I would like someone to say, Right, feck it. We're going to reinvent the wheel.

11 hours ago, Beni said:

You should join our ongoing customer led campaign for a 360° inclusive in-person  matchday experience. 😉 

Our top line KPIs indicate the success horizon should coincide with Hades reaching absolute zero.

@Beni in order to meet the criteria set by the posts quoted above yours, the in-person matchday experience needs to have a different number of degrees to 360.  Otherwise it quite clearly is not a reinvention of the wheel.  I'm not being critical for its own sake; it's just something that your campaign needs to consider.

PhoenixHearts

Sounds like yet more of this NFT nonsense, except they're calling it "Digital assets" because they know folks are starting to roll their eyes at the mere mention of NFTs.

I'll give these companies credit, they've successfully convinced Gen Z types and wannabe stock traders into buying and selling fresh air.

To me they're just opportunists piggybacking off this mini crypto boom. They're not actually providing anything tangible. I've yet to have this explained to me in a way that makes any sense besides the newest fad method to separate a fool from his money.

InternationalJambo
4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

:rofl: They say God loves a trier. 

Just my tuppence worth, was worth a go😂

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

I just looked at their website, and I think it's a combo of the kind of AI-driven product suggestion that Facebook and other digital ad platforms perfected with streaming sports revenue.

A lot of which, I think, comes down to developing a profile of what kinds of ads Hearts supporters who are watching Hearts TV are most likely to respond to, then selling spots on the streams to those kinds of companies. 

Makes sense. No NFT/blockchain nonsense. A whole lot more "woo" in the marketing speak for it than there needs to be but that's par for the course unfortunatley.

I agree with the majority of this. Definitely a better take on it than me, but I wouldn’t rule out blockchain in the future. If you have a look through articles - which I’m sure you have - it mentions ‘digital assets‘. These will most definitely be getting exchanged via the blockchain network, which I’m sure Horizm will be branching into as sport, culture and life goes through digitalisation. They claim to have over $1 billion worth of digital assets in an article relating to a PL team signing up. In my opinion, your first two paragraphs are bang on but I disagree with your last point. Guess we will see. 

InternationalJambo
45 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Sounds like yet more of this NFT nonsense, except they're calling it "Digital assets" because they know folks are starting to roll their eyes at the mere mention of NFTs.

I'll give these companies credit, they've successfully convinced Gen Z types and wannabe stock traders into buying and selling fresh air.

To me they're just opportunists piggybacking off this mini crypto boom. They're not actually providing anything tangible. I've yet to have this explained to me in a way that makes any sense besides the newest fad method to separate a fool from his money.

I won’t derail the thread but PM me if you want a few articles on blockchain technology. It is paving the way for revenue innovation and any forward thinking company would be stupid not to be looking at it IMO. Several big tech companies and major banks have bought into it and are in the process rolling out ways of implementing it into everyday life. Think how long ago contactless cards weren’t the norm, now they are. Same with paying on your phone, now it is. It’s always seamless and effortless. That’s how it works. 

No Gen Z Types or wanna be stock traders, or even buying fresh air. Just forward thinking. 

1 hour ago, InternationalJambo said:

Just my tuppence worth, was worth a go😂

I agree with the majority of this. Definitely a better take on it than me, but I wouldn’t rule out blockchain in the future. If you have a look through articles - which I’m sure you have - it mentions ‘digital assets‘. These will most definitely be getting exchanged via the blockchain network, which I’m sure Horizm will be branching into as sport, culture and life goes through digitalisation. They claim to have over $1 billion worth of digital assets in an article relating to a PL team signing up. In my opinion, your first two paragraphs are bang on but I disagree with your last point. Guess we will see. 

I don't think "digital asset" has to mean NFTs. For Hearts, the digital asset is the content of Hearts TV.

Looking at this write-up it certainly sounds like they're talking about advertisements sold to an audience. The woo factor comes from their AI matching, and I would think that if they were getting into the digital Beanie Baby business they would at least be dropping "blockchain" somewhere in their press releases, but I don't see it.

https://horizm.com/horizm-launch-marketplace-the-billion-dollar-digital-asset-matching-platform/

InternationalJambo
41 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I don't think "digital asset" has to mean NFTs. For Hearts, the digital asset is the content of Hearts TV.

Looking at this write-up it certainly sounds like they're talking about advertisements sold to an audience. The woo factor comes from their AI matching, and I would think that if they were getting into the digital Beanie Baby business they would at least be dropping "blockchain" somewhere in their press releases, but I don't see it.

https://horizm.com/horizm-launch-marketplace-the-billion-dollar-digital-asset-matching-platform/

Yeah mate read that earlier on. I was looking at sources other than their website, check the link below. 

aims to cut down the time and number of interactions it takes for deals to be made.’

That to me reading between the lines describes blockchain. 

You don’t think that they are taking the PL’s teams equivalent of Hearts TV, and are valuing it at $1billion, do you? They must be getting this value from the projection over the next say 5 years with the way things are going atm, may be quicker.

I understand that’s not the real monetary value at the moment - but coming full circle - ‘digital assets’ have the possibility to be a lot of different things in the near future, in my opinion. 

https://frontofficesports.com/the-ai-marketplace-connecting-brands-to-sports/

InternationalJambo
44 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Here, also. 

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/premier-league-digital-inventory-value-per-fan-nba-la-liga-horizm-study/

13 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

I know a little about Blockchain technology, it's all based on the principle of a shared ledger.

With a shared ledger it's hard to cheat as copies are shared among users, but I've no idea how this would help Hearts.

3 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

Yeah mate read that earlier on. I was looking at sources other than their website, check the link below. 

aims to cut down the time and number of interactions it takes for deals to be made.’

That to me reading between the lines describes blockchain

You don’t think that they are taking the PL’s teams equivalent of Hearts TV, and are valuing it at $1billion, do you? They must be getting this value from the projection over the next say 5 years with the way things are going atm, may be quicker.

I understand that’s not the real monetary value at the moment - but coming full circle - ‘digital assets’ have the possibility to be a lot of different things in the near future, in my opinion. 

https://frontofficesports.com/the-ai-marketplace-connecting-brands-to-sports/

To me that says there's a ready made marketplace where both sides can meet and agree without having to shop around - a used car dealer as opposed to trawling the local ads