Horizm (Hearts related content)

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug

We’ve entered into some sort of deal with this company- digital/AI type stuff, not the Ponzi scheme type NFT pish like the Hobos.

Seems to be quite innovative re maximising  money from digital branding initiatives.

I’d imagine Ann knows her onions re this sort of thing.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InternationalJambo

• Unknown user

• redjambo

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Horizm have today officially launched Marketplace, a ground-breaking new platform that is set to continue their disruption of the sports sponsorship industry. Marketplace is an AI-powered platform that aggregates content groups across a range of digital sports inventory, allowing brands to match their audience needs with the digital assets of rights holders and benefit from precise geo-demographic targeting on a flexible, per campaign basis. For rights holders, Marketplace provides a platform to unlock new revenues from their existing digital inventory.

At a time when brands are looking for more flexibility from their sports partnerships and are increasingly looking to sport’s loyal audiences to deliver on short term marketing objectives, Horizm’s Marketplaceprovides an asset matching service that is in line with their digital-first approach; one that enables proactivity and direct measurability and provides audience engagement opportunities that are not constrained by long term, more traditional sponsorship agreements.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

We’re hugely proud to welcome Heart of Midlothian FC as our first Scottish client! The Edinburgh based club become the first Scottish Professional Football League side to benefit from our AI-powered digital asset platform. “Hearts is the UK’s largest fan-owned football club and we’re proud of the special connection we have with our fans. The shift to digital we are seeing across society , particularly after COVID, means that more and more of our fanbase is connecting with the club digitally. Through working with Horizm, we will be better placed to understand what this relationship looks like and how we can ensure our following drives commercial returns for the club.” Catriona McCallum, Marketing and Communications Director at Heart of Midlothian FC We’re excited to be working with all the team at Hearts and look forward to helping them maximise the potential of their different digital channels.

56 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Horizm have today officially launched Marketplace, a ground-breaking new platform that is set to continue their disruption of the sports sponsorship industry. Marketplace is an AI-powered platform that aggregates content groups across a range of digital sports inventory, allowing brands to match their audience needs with the digital assets of rights holders and benefit from precise geo-demographic targeting on a flexible, per campaign basis. For rights holders, Marketplace provides a platform to unlock new revenues from their existing digital inventory.

At a time when brands are looking for more flexibility from their sports partnerships and are increasingly looking to sport’s loyal audiences to deliver on short term marketing objectives, Horizm’s Marketplaceprovides an asset matching service that is in line with their digital-first approach; one that enables proactivity and direct measurability and provides audience engagement opportunities that are not constrained by long term, more traditional sponsorship agreements.

Can't disagree with any of that. On the basis, I didn't understand a word

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

In which case when they subliminally persuade you to buy  stuff it's no worries for you - you won't notice!  😀

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Dear me..... Made up words is very americanish and the author's ability to confuse, confound and obfuscate is gosh****ing awfulism at it's worst

We’re hugely proud to welcome Heart of Midlothian FC as our first Scottish client! The Edinburgh based club become the first Scottish Professional Football League side to benefit from our AI-powered digital asset platform. “Hearts is the UK’s largest fan-owned football club and we’re proud of the special connection we have with our fans. The shift to digital we are seeing across society , particularly after COVID, means that more and more of our fanbase is connecting with the club digitally. Through working with Horizm, we will be better placed to understand what this relationship looks like and how we can ensure our following drives commercial returns for the club.” Catriona McCallum, Marketing and Communications Director at Heart of Midlothian FC We’re excited to be working with all the team at Hearts and look forward to helping them maximise the potential of their different digital channels.

I did read it and I do understand English but somehow, the way these words are put together, I still cant make out what this is all about.

I have read that over and over again, and consider myself quite tech savvy, and I don't have a clue what it means.

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I did read it and I do understand English but somehow, the way these words are put together, I still cant make out what this is all about.

Do you think the board just agreed to this as they didn't understand a thing and didn't want to miss out incase it was something worthwhile? 

There's a wee bit in the middle about 'unlocking new revenues' so sounds like there's money to be made so that's good but other than that I've no idea at all.

Just now, Auldbenches said:

Do you think the board just agreed to this as they didn't understand a thing and didn't want to miss out incase it was something worthwhile? 

No idea mate. I'm a huge fan of just saying what things are. Seems like its 200 words when 10 would have done....probably!

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

No idea mate. I'm a huge fan of just saying what things are. Seems like its 200 words when 10 would have done....probably!

Are they going to look at improving things like Hearts tv and the club website?   

Used to work in marketing (thankfully retired if this is an example of where things have moved to ).

My guess is better matching customer (sports fan)to products, in a more targeted way than the normal sporting sponsorship deal would.

39 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

:D Me neither. It's all complete gobbledygook to me, the sort of marketing talk that switches my mind off automatically. Contains the square root of absolutely feck all in explanation of what they will actually be doing.

23 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Exactly. These are the things we want to know, not a load of nonsensical marketing chat.

Edited by redjambo

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Real Madrid, Chelsea, Inter Milan all

signed up.

Increased use of digital platforms by fans/customers paired with AI will help maximise income through those platforms.

"Digital assets of rights holders" is very much sounding like a Blockchain/NFT product.

Kalamazoo Jambo

think its about how brands get to link with Hearts in terms of digital media (could be as simple as, say, website ads or online sponsorships/partnerships). So they’d use artificial intelligence to match brands to Hearts based on demographics etc. Seems like quite a few big clubs in England and elsewhere use Horizm. Would love to be corrected if that’s not it :laugh:

27 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I might be wrong but think its more about targeting the Hearts fan as customers for other products.

6 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Used to work in marketing (thankfully retired if this is an example of where things have moved to ).

My guess is better matching customer (sports fan)to products, in a more targeted way than the normal sporting sponsorship deal would.

This, looks like onsite personalisation based on behaviours, cookie, demographics, previous visits etc. Meaning content on the site should be more relevant to the individual user. Traditionally this is difficult for sports clubs to expand on or data share as data pools cant be shared - a hibs / livi fan with same demographics and behaviours as hearts can never be "acquired".

What the club may do is take all this info and use it to both entice prospective sponsors and help sponsors advertise more relevantly to targeted hearts fans, this is something some of the premiership clubs down south do particularly well. 

At a guess it'll be cookies and tracking that give the club a better understanding of fans buying habits, no point in offering fans discounts on things like say for golf at the dalmahoy when more fans would benefit from and have a greater take up of something else, therefor increasing the % fed back into the club, similarly it'll look at the best times and places for the club to advertise hospitality, the skyline lounge, mid week use of the suites etc

And, of course, it shouldn't be all about maximising revenues and commercial returns too. We shouldn't just be treated as faceless sources of cash, especially when Hearts fans give so much to the club already, imo. The quality of the product we receive is also important - no sign of that being mentioned in the press release.

13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

And, of course, it shouldn't be all about maximising revenues and commercial returns too. We shouldn't just be treated as faceless sources of cash, especially when Hearts fans give so much to the club already, imo. The quality of the product we receive is also important - no sign of that being mentioned in the press release.

This isn't about our cash as such, well not in trying to get us to spend more directly with the club at least. 

If you take the current partnership with Watermans legal for example, we might not see many fans using them due to their office being in leith, the new data collected may well indicate that we'd be better partnering with say Mov8 as their multiple offices are geographically better positioned for our fan base meaning any offer would see a better uptake and in turn resulting in more cash coming into the club. 

You can then apply that same logic to any partnerships whether that be garages, shops, bars, restaurants, events etc so that our partnerships in future are better suited to what our fan base already buy

If this ends up in Pot Noodles and Pies, which it should if it uses anything on here as a reference, it will be the greatest invention in human history. 

We might also end up with official Fist of Gorgie merchandise :lol:

Byyy The Light

A lot of these platforms are springing up to give clubs a higher % of ad revenue than the likes of Youtube/Facebook etc.

They're taking existing and new content and giving the club the lions share of sponsorship income rather than the other way about.  Means clubs can generate more income and they let the content creator keep the rights to their own content which the big boys don't do.  The AI part as others have said is to better target the ads which makes it a win-win for the sponsor too.

For you Private Eye readers in the congregation this is commonly known as Birt Speak 2.0

That is to say, written by some overpaid and underworked moron trying to justify their salary.

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Aye ah wiz thinkin. Some **** has swallowed a dictionary, honked it back up and put some words in a random order. It’s a mystery to me and I’m a clever **** with a degree.

6 minutes ago, Beni said:

Those of us who have been crying out for years for an AI-powered digital asset platform have finally been vindicated. 

:greggy:

I definitely backed the wrong horse with my long-term campaign to have the corners filled in.

Bazzas right boot

This seems a fantastic opportunity to  drive the business, deliver great customer service, reach our stretch targets and maximise revenue and  ebitda. 

We seem to have been proactive, went back to the drawing board, carried out a deep dive and hopefully we stay ahead of the curve while being dynamic. 

We seem to be going the extra mile,  I'm happy they kept the fans In the loop and going forward hopefully they continue to touch base with us. 

Seymour M Hersh

Looks like they've just created a very wordy, fancy dan way of telling us they're not re-inventing the wheel to maximise digital revenue streams but they are trying to fool us into think they have done just that. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Just once, I would like someone to say, Right, feck it. We're going to reinvent the wheel.

I know. All this roundness has to go. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

If you have a look at their website and see the football clubs that are already using this which includes the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea in the UK and other like Sporting Lisbon etc then I would imagine there is a huge benfit to be gained by teaming up with them.

Most online businesses pay for data to try and target the right type of customers and this is probably a more advanced option so I would imagine it will be worthwhile.

2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

:kirklol:

2 hours ago, merrymac said:

I might be wrong but think its more about targeting the Hearts fan as customers for other products.

I think it works both ways, targeting Hearts fans as customers for other products but also targeting other people as potential supporters of Hearts.

41 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I definitely backed the wrong horse with my long-term campaign to have the corners filled in.

You should join our ongoing customer led campaign for a 360° inclusive in-person  matchday experience. 😉 

Our top line KPIs indicate the success horizon should coincide with Hades reaching absolute zero.

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Are they going to look at improving the club website and things like Hearts tv?  

I'm still not sure what it is they do. 

Might be wrong but it appears to be more a company that look at promotion of advertising on behalf of those who provide sponsorship money. If we can enhance their businesses through the manner their advertising is placed they in turn might be inclined to provide us with more money, effectively enhancing HMFC and their own businesses.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Just once, I would like someone to say, Right, feck it. We're going to reinvent the wheel.

:rofl:

4 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Reads to me like there'll be AI bots trawling kickback to find out what we want :ninja:

Though I'm sure we already saw that movie when Stendel was appointed

I have to apologise for penning that statement. 

I don't know how it got on here but I can tell you the Director and Producers of "Succession" are really p****d off that part of the script for a future episode has been leaked.

9 minutes ago, kila said:

Reads to me like there'll be AI bots trawling kickback to find out what we want :ninja:

Though I'm sure we already saw that movie when Stendel was appointed

So we need lots of references to pies, pot noodles and fists of gorgie

Craig Herbertson
3 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

With you there. It's one of these ones where you nod wisely round the room while thinking of where to go for a pub lunch