• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• scott herbertson

• Maroon Sailor

• Fozzyonthefence

16 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Hearts fans were wild in those days but surely they didn't steal a dog? 

Mars bars, booze, fags all fair game but a dog😁

unfortunately a few punk doc martins done for it

1 minute ago, brux said:

It's Dundee, pull yourself together

🤣

I know mate, can't help myself!!  Glass half empty person here!!

2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

🤣

Fill your glass and enjoy the seasons ride, starting with today. There are gonna be some spills but we can enjoy ourselves along the road starting with a full glass today 😁🍺

2 hours ago, reaths17 said:

the one your thinking of is the 1-1 draw in the famous red and white stripe tops, midweek dundee won replay 3-2 donald ford done his knee in and basically finished his career.

was at the game against dundee 1st division 19k , think we played QofS in front of 14k the home game before this and at the time that was a huge crowd as well.

was at the abroath promotion game as well, brilliant header from bannon, everyone on the pitch end of game team all came out into the stand, ah good times with a mental hearts away support, was pretty much havoc on away days back then.

27,315 at that game. Gorgie was like a war zone that day. I’ve rarely seen anything like it.

9 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

🤣

Must be a Hibby with that sort of mentality.

1 minute ago, leginten said:

27,315 at that game. Gorgie was like a war zone that day. I’ve rarely seen anything like it.

you didn't make the easter road east of scotland sheild game around 1980, the city center was a war zone, dont think there was a whole window on princes st, seen an ice cream van rolling down the banking in the gardens, the ross band stand had hundreds of hearts fans on it singing songs and hundreds more un racked the seats and became a participating audience....absolute carnage that day.

3 hours ago, reaths17 said:

the one your thinking of is the 1-1 draw in the famous red and white stripe tops, midweek dundee won replay 3-2 donald ford done his knee in and basically finished his career.

was at the game against dundee 1st division 19k , think we played QofS in front of 14k the home game before this and at the time that was a huge crowd as well.

was at the abroath promotion game as well, brilliant header from bannon, everyone on the pitch end of game team all came out into the stand, ah good times with a mental hearts away support, was pretty much havoc on away days back then.

Bobby Ford done Donald's knee in as I recall. A sad, sad moment - Dens Park has seen a few for us.

48 minutes ago, JALBO said:

About 390-ish left in the Roseburn. Will do a final count at 1.30pm.

Seat map has now disappeared, so no final update. Enjoy the game everyone.

Fort Vallance
3 hours ago, reaths17 said:

Donald Park Corner?

Kalamazoo Jambo
9 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Seat map has now disappeared, so no final update. Enjoy the game everyone.

Yeah, that seems unusually early. Thanks for your efforts :cheers:

Fort Vallance
3 hours ago, buzz said:

It was a league match on Saturday 7th January 1978. We drew 2-2. Someone posted a link to it on London Hearts further up the thread.

Stand corrected. The cup game was the one I remembered.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Scotsmac, a classic of its time. 

Juimmy Mac's Wham's Dram.   The Viking at Largs brings back many a memory.

Worthing Jambo
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

It was liberated from Arbroath and taken to Edinburgh, one might call it a lucky dug

Are you sure it wasn’t carried out, upside down, a polis on each leg!

9 hours ago, pablo said:

Didn't we play Dundee in the first division, both clubs relegated from the Premier league at the time in front of a big crowd? Maybe just before the benches went into the shed. Several years before my time, but I think I remember older fans talk about it. 

I'm sure there was an attendance of just under 20,000 at Tynecastle the first season we were relegated and were vying with Dundee along with Morton for promotion. It would have been 1977 or 78.

5 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

v Aberdeen, 4 goals in the 1st 8 minutes.

A bit of a revelation for me, Finn.

My first game, aged 6, was the Cup tie v. Dundee in 1975. I'd always believed my second game was a year later v. Montrose in the Tynecastle Cup replay.

However, I was at definitely at that 2-2 v. Aberdeen which, according to London Hearts, was in-between: September 75.

I was sure it came after Montrose; probably in the relegation season.

Cheers, bud.