• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• scott herbertson

• Maroon Sailor

• Fozzyonthefence

Kalamazoo Jambo
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Dot Count, Dot Count Dot Count please in the morning.

Fewer than 300 left, so will be very close to a sell out.

Doctor FinnBarr
20 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No time to get tickets posted out now either in normal post. 

Any idea why the "Print at home " option has been removed? Grudge paying the RM 90p

This morning's count:

Wheatfield  29

Roseburn 208

Main 02

Gorgie 18

Total left: 257

Looks certain to sell out. I think the last league game when we came close to an 18,000 crowd v Dundee at Tynecastle was 17,981 back in 1962. If we manage to get to 18,000 ths afternoon, it'll be the first time since the 50s.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, JALBO said:

This morning's count:

Wheatfield  29

Roseburn 208

Main 02

Gorgie 18

Looks certain to sell out. I think the last league game when we came close to an 18,000 crowd v Dundee at Tynecastle was 17,981 back in 1962. If we manage to get to 18,000 ths afternoon, it'll be the first time since the 50s.

Thats FANtastic. Can't wait to see the stadium full of Hearts fans - let's make some noise!

7 minutes ago, JALBO said:

This morning's count:

Wheatfield  29

Roseburn 208

Main 02

Gorgie 18

A sell out would be incredible! 

8 minutes ago, JALBO said:

This morning's count:

Wheatfield  29

Roseburn 208

Main 02

Gorgie 18

Didn't we play Dundee in the first division, both clubs relegated from the Premier league at the time in front of a big crowd? Maybe just before the benches went into the shed. Several years before my time, but I think I remember older fans talk about it. 

1 minute ago, pablo said:

Didn't we play Dundee in the first division, both clubs relegated from the Premier league at the time in front of a big crowd? Maybe just before the benches went into the shed. Several years before my time, but I think I remember older fans talk about it. 

I could be mistaken....I looked at London Hearts for reference, but all this is well before my time too! However I did notice there was a big crowd for a cup game (20,000+) in the 70s I think, so perhaps that's the one you're refering too?

1 minute ago, JALBO said:

I could be mistaken....I looked at London Hearts for reference, but all this is well before my time too! However I did notice there was a big crowd for a cup game (20,000+) in the 70s I think, so perhaps that's the one you're refering too?

It must be that then. It was just a vague childhood memory of older fans talking about an unusually big crowd and I think the opponents were Dundee. Cheers Jalbo.

2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

We definitely did. It was the first division (second tier)record crowd at the time, just short of 20,000

1 minute ago, pablo said:

It must be that then. It was just a vague childhood memory of older fans talking about an unusually big crowd and I think the opponents were Dundee. Cheers Jalbo.

I'm sure some folk on here will have been there and will keep us right!

1 minute ago, buzz said:

We definitely did. It was the first division (second tier)record crowd at the time, just short of 20,000

👍

22 minutes ago, JALBO said:

This morning's count:

Wheatfield  29

Roseburn 208

Main 02

Gorgie 18

Thanks for all the dot count updates JALBO - they’ve become an essential element of the pre-match build up 😊

1 minute ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Thanks for all the dot count updates JALBO - they’ve become an essential element of the pre-match build up 😊

I'm going to add weather forecast updates to my repertoire once we start selling out every game..... 😃

14 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Yes that day the crowd was over 22000

scott herbertson
Just now, JALBO said:

Nice one - thanks fo keeping me right!

No problem - Having looked it up I do remember Bobby Prentice playing well. Here's Gibson doing what Gibson did - poaching!

1978010701.jpg

Just now, scott herbertson said:

No problem - Having looked it up I do remember Bobby Prentice playing well. Here's Gibson doing what Gibson did - poaching!

1978010701.jpg

Brilliant stuff!

A block of about 10 seats close together have just been released in B upper if anyone is looking for seats together in the Wheatfield.

(Plus another block of 16 together in section K).

31 minutes ago, pablo said:

Around 300 under 20000 that day for what was a Division 1 record for years to come. That was until the demise of one half of the uglies.

Hearts won this game 2-1 to continue a 3 way fight for promotion with Morton being the other team. The fight went all the way to the final game and Hearts triumphed with an Eammon Bannon header scoring the winner at Arbroath to secure not only the 2 points but promotion back to the big league (again).

Maroon Sailor

I remember the first meeting with Dundee at Dens of the 77/78 season. Not so much the game but for the bricks getting thrown at the Hearts supporters buses after the match. Thankfully the bus I was on the windows survived. A bit chilly back to Edinburgh for other buses though

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/197710291.html

18 minutes ago, BIG ECK said:

Around 300 under 20000 that day for what was a Division 1 record for years to come. That was until the demise of one half of the uglies.

Hearts won this game 2-1 to continue a 3 way fight for promotion with Morton being the other team. The fight went all the way to the final game and Hearts triumphed with an Eammon Bannon header scoring the winner at Arbroath to secure not only the 2 points but promotion back to the big league (again).

Nope - it was a 2-2 draw. 19700 crowd.

19 minutes ago, DMR123 said:

I thought it was 1-1 that day, with Thomson Allan saving a Drew Busby penalty rocket with his knees?

Hate Dundee, McPake, Thumb and Cummings but I have the fear of Adam or the Thumb scoring a screamer out of nowhere.

Hopefully we show them how good we are but we are due a shit result. Not as confident as I should be.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Hate Dundee, McPake, Thumb and Cummings but I have the fear of Adam or the Thumb scoring a screamer out of nowhere.

Hopefully we show them how good we are but we are due a shit result. Not as confident as I should be.

Confidence is high within the squad

3-1 Hearts

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, buzz said:

It was definitely a cup game. Drew at Tynecastle on the Saturday and lost the midweek replay at Dens.

5 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

It was definitely a cup game. Drew at Tynecastle on the Saturday and lost the midweek replay at Dens.

It was a league match on Saturday 7th January 1978. We drew 2-2. Someone posted a link to it on London Hearts further up the thread.

41 minutes ago, DMR123 said:

It was  2 - 2. I remember my neighbor saying when I got back from the match that he heard the roar from the crowd at Meggetland.

12 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

the one your thinking of is the 1-1 draw in the famous red and white stripe tops, midweek dundee won replay 3-2 donald ford done his knee in and basically finished his career.

was at the game against dundee 1st division 19k , think we played QofS in front of 14k the home game before this and at the time that was a huge crowd as well.

was at the abroath promotion game as well, brilliant header from bannon, everyone on the pitch end of game team all came out into the stand, ah good times with a mental hearts away support, was pretty much havoc on away days back then.

15 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

the one your thinking of is the 1-1 draw in the famous red and white stripe tops, midweek dundee won replay 3-2 donald ford done his knee in and basically finished his career.

was at the game against dundee 1st division 19k , think we played QofS in front of 14k the home game before this and at the time that was a huge crowd as well.

was at the abroath promotion game as well, brilliant header from bannon, everyone on the pitch end of game team all came out into the stand, ah good times with a mental hearts away support, was pretty much havoc on away days back then.

Was at the Arbroath promotion game aged 15 on the SCAB Hearts supporters bus, was a cracking header from Eammon Bannon. I remember the police letting their dogs off their leads so they could go into the crowd and bite at will. In those days the police gave as good as they got and nobody moaned if you were on the receiving end, those were the rules. It was also the first time I had ever tasted champagne.

53 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Was at the Arbroath promotion game aged 15 on the SCAB Hearts supporters bus, was a cracking header from Eammon Bannon. I remember the police letting their dogs off their leads so they could go into the crowd and bite at will. In those days the police gave as good as they got and nobody moaned if you were on the receiving end, those were the rules. It was also the first time I had ever tasted champagne.

Was at that game with my pregnant fiancee. When the fighting started I had to lift her over the fence to get her away from it, despite a copper deciding this pregnant girl was trying to invade the pitch and trying to push her back over. Thankfully a few choice words from me and a glance at her belly persuaded him to let her stay on the safe side

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Aberdeen, Ross County and the Hibs results were all shite :)

27 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Was at that game with my pregnant fiancee. When the fighting started I had to lift her over the fence to get her away from it, despite a copper deciding this pregnant girl was trying to invade the pitch and trying to push her back over. Thankfully a few choice words from me and a glance at her belly persuaded him to let her stay on the safe side

Different days indeed. Not all for the bad either.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

there was one dog owner minus a dog at that game went into the crowd and never came back. i was with the sighthill bus in those days.

Worthing Jambo

It was Pomagne on the Currie bus😂

Carnage that day!😂

Just now, Worthing Jambo said:

It was Pomagne on the Currie bus😂

Carnage that day!😂

Aye well, you were the posh boys🤣

highlandjambo3
3 hours ago, JALBO said:

This morning's count:

Wheatfield  29

Roseburn 208

Main 02

Gorgie 18

The way it’s going we’ll soon be catching up with hibs 😂

The 1975 Cup tie v. Dundee was my first ever game. 27k+ and a 1-1 draw.

Also attended the First Division game in 1978. 19k+ and a 2-2 draw. I think it was 2-2 after about 20 mins.

Oops. Checked @Maroon Sailor's link. Must be thinking of some other game. I'm sure there was a 2-2 with all the goals early in the late 70s.

Edited by martoon

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Any idea why the "Print at home " option has been removed? Grudge paying the RM 90p

And it doesn’t even guarantee you’ll get your ticket. I’m having to go and collect my ticket as it got lost in the post. I’ll be demanding my 90p back. 

28 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

there was one dog owner minus a dog at that game went into the crowd and never came back. i was with the sighthill bus in those days.

Hearts fans were wild in those days but surely they didn't steal a dog? 

Mars bars, booze, fags all fair game but a dog😁

3 hours ago, JALBO said:

A block of about 10 seats close together have just been released in B upper if anyone is looking for seats together in the Wheatfield.

(Plus another block of 16 together in section K).

That people just finding out where Jambo in Hamilton sits and deciding to move 😁

Doctor FinnBarr
27 minutes ago, martoon said:

The 1975 Cup tie v. Dundee was my first ever game. 27k+ and a 1-1 draw.

Also attended the First Division game in 1978. 19k+ and a 2-2 draw. I think it was 2-2 after about 20 mins.

Oops. Checked @Maroon Sailor's link. Must be thinking of some other game. I'm sure there was a 2-2 with all the goals early in the late 70s.

v Aberdeen, 4 goals in the 1st 8 minutes.

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Hearts fans were wild in those days but surely they didn't steal a dog? 

Mars bars, booze, fags all fair game but a dog😁

It was liberated from Arbroath and taken to Edinburgh, one might call it a lucky dug