Succession Hearts (merged threads)

jimmy the jambo

42 minutes ago, jimmy the jambo said:

Not sure if this has been spotted & apologise if it’s a double post.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19653655.succession-roy-family-joins-hearts-limited-sponsorship/

Interesting that someone I know is high up in Now at Sky and also a season ticket holder,Fair play if the club makes a wee bit of money off this.

Sadly NOW is about the only part of the Sky business I don't have any decent contacts in, otherwise i'd have been pulling in favours for one of those shirts haha

Hackney Hearts

Disgusted. Waystar Royco are ethically and morally bankrupt and I shall be boycotting Tynecastle until their name is removed from our strip.

Why are there only 95 shirts available, if there is a demand, then make more. 

I recall that Wet Wet Wet sponsored Clydebank, years ago, and sold club shirts to fans at concerts etc.

Edited by Biffa Bacon

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

I have never seen the the show, but it must be far fetched if a billionaire is a H1b5 fan. Is it a comedy 😄

Yes. Comedy drama, but this particular storyline is pure comedy.

The billionaire Hibs fan is from Dundee. 

Great programme and clever marketing 👏(shift to shed if not appropriate mods!) HHGH♥️

Thank the gods we’re fan owned!!!!

never know, might get a cult following from Uncle Sam.. Hopefully shift some merchandise on the back of this. Good business opportunity here 

jamboinglasgow

Nice touch. Love that they have a story line that we are bought in it. Though I am surprised that with Brian Cox's character being a Dundonian, that they didn't just go for Roman buying Dundee thinking its his Dad's favourite team when his Dad is a fan of Dundee United. Hope season 3 has some mention of us rather than just being briefly in season 2. 

I do wonder if people who dont follow football who watched the show know that we are a real club and not made up by the show. Had a wee search for Hearts and succession on twitter and was interesting see a few people wanting to see Roman's Hearts play Ted Lasso's Richmond.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Succession Hearts (merged threads)
2 hours ago, JCR said:

Never heard of this show, what streaming service is it on?

On Sky Atlantic catch-up services and Now TV.

just watching the last episode in the 2nd series. 
It is brilliant and you need to stick with it, not for everyone with characters who are utterly horrible but draw you in.

some of the best fast quips and insults on TV ever.

Best thing on TV at the moment IMHO!

8 hours ago, jimmy the jambo said:

Not sure if this has been spotted & apologise if it’s a double post.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19653655.succession-roy-family-joins-hearts-limited-sponsorship/

Interesting that someone I know is high up in Now at Sky and also a season ticket holder,Fair play if the club makes a wee bit of money off this.

3 hours ago, Andyp1874 said:

The National & The Scum 

FB_IMG_1527670096489.jpg

lost in space
On 18/10/2021 at 11:06, SectionN said:

The National Newspaper🤣🤣🤣

Latest figures I can see shows it has the same circulation figure as the Greenock Telegraph (9000 per day).

Not a newspaper - it is a fanzine.

4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Latest figures I can see shows it has the same circulation figure as the Greenock Telegraph (9000 per day).

🤣🤣

Kalamazoo Jambo
12 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I don't understand anything in this thread. 

Succession is a (brilliant) TV show about an aging, Scottish-born media mogul and his family. Their firm is called Waystsr Royco. In the show one of the sons (a wealthy spoiled American), in an attempt to curry favour, buys their Dad Hearts as a birthday present. Only problem is his Dad’s actually a Hibby. So this is a tie in to that plot line, and raises some funds for MND Scotland in the process.

Carl Fredrickson

We will get a lot of publicity out of this and MND Scotland should receive more donations. I dont see any issue with either. 

Succession is a great TV show. Brian Cox plays his role really well and I love his rants at his kids. 

26 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

We will get a lot of publicity out of this and MND Scotland should receive more donations. I dont see any issue with either. 

Succession is a great TV show. Brian Cox plays his role really well and I love his rants at his kids. 

Nailed it. 

Great exposure for us, but far more importantly, MND Scotland 👍

On 18/10/2021 at 16:50, hughesie27 said:

Since nobody else has posted it yet.

:rofl:

I haven't watched this, but now that I need something to watch, I'm in. Thanks for that clip. 👍 

6 hours ago, lost in space said:

Good wee newspaper. You actually get to read about Hearts sometimes. I don't think it has ever blamed football fans for anything (The Sun) and The Record is known as the Daily Ranger.

Anyway, no-one is forcing anyone to buy anything, it's just another choice for people with a different view on life. 👍 

Also amazing how folk who have never read or seen things can comment on its content.

Anyway 

Tap on the league,

Unbeaten in 9,

Played baith bawbags fae Glasga,

C'mon Hearts! 

And :fth: