Lockie Testimonial

Mr Sifter

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Normally a bit Meh when it comes to Testimonials, but this is one I won't miss.

Gary is everything Hearts. Always has been, always will be.

I’ve never been to a testimonial……………….

I’ll be at this one.

queensferryjambo

There isn't a modern era player who deserves this more than Gary Locke IMO.

His service in multiple roles at the club is much appreciated and his love of the club is second to none.

Looking forward to some of the events and definitely the testimonial match as well.

Well done Gary Locke :)  

33 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Normally a bit Meh when it comes to Testimonials, but this is one I won't miss.

Gary is everything Hearts. Always has been, always will be.

29 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’ve never been to a testimonial……………….

I’ll be at this one.

As a fan base we don’t usually turn up in huge numbers for testimonials 

Robbo Mackay and Henry Smiths only attracted approximately 10k each time

Alex Macdonalds attracted around 18k but half the attendance was Rangers fans

12 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Also, a perfect excuse to combine with a 10 year reunion dinner/game for that day in May 2012 🤔 Now that would be some night…

I like that idea.

Also, how about JKB getting involved? We could do a sponsored parachute jump or raffle a big telly.

20 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

I like that idea.

Also, how about JKB getting involved? We could do a sponsored parachute jump or raffle a big telly.

A Royal Rumble at the back of the wheatfield.   

:wonga:

2 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

I like that idea.

Simultaneously

15 hours ago, Gillsland jack said:

I'm sure he was still in the dug out for the hilarious relegation party by the Hobo's, a special derby day victory for the famous.

Gary along with Scott Crabbe are the two players that I can recall, who played and celebrated like die hard supporters, was always a joy to witness a goal from either of them.

Probably have to include Blackie in there. 

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Hearts cup winners 98/12 

Hearts cup winners 06 

Robbies testimonial was 98 team v 06. Delighted for Gary. Always has time to say hello to everyone. Robbo was an impossible guy to replace but Lockie in his own way has made the role his own. 

Great stuff, he deserves it! 

Hope he gets a pretty good English or European team for that extra bit of glamour....and even more ticket sales. 

Love to see some of the various Cup winning legends (and team-mates) make an appearance to mark the occasion. 

Skacel, Hartley, Colquhoun, Robbo, Mackay, Adam, Rousset, Cameron, Fulton and plenty more. That would be some party and a half!

6 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Robbies testimonial was 98 team v 06. Delighted for Gary. Always has time to say hello to everyone. Robbo was an impossible guy to replace but Lockie in his own way has made the role his own. 

Yeah because it was before 12 but it would be good to get the boys from 3 cup wins in a match just mix the teams up ? maybe a chance to get Zal’s family over and some of the Lithuanian boys .

2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Yeah because it was before 12 but it would be good to get the boys from 3 cup wins in a match just mix the teams up ? maybe a chance to get Zal’s family over and some of the Lithuanian boys .

Yes, it would be a nice gesture to do a quick something in memory of big Zal as well as the gent that was Salvatori. I feel it would show current players the unbreakable bond that this club has with so many ex-players and what this special club meant/means to them. 

Come on the testimonial committee, make it happen!

Craig Herbertson

Gary has come over several times to the McCrae's Battalion Remembrance ceremony at Contalmaison representing Heart of Midlothian. It's always a pleasure to see him. He is an impeccable representative for the club, well liked and respected not just among the Heart's fans but the many others who are there to remember our lads. This is great news and I'll definitely be turning up at any testimonial match in his name