Lockie Testimonial

Mr Sifter

The Bannon Flick

Nice move by the club - well deserved for a true Hearts man that wears his heart on his sleeve. Great player on his day, unfortunately we'll never truly find out just how good he could have gone on to be if it wasn't for that horrific injury.

Β 

I really hope he gets a great turn out when the testimonial match comes around.

Β 

I remember watching the highlights of a Hearts win at Pitoddrie in the 90's on Sportscene, the camera panned round the jubilant Hearts support at full time, all givingΒ the Hearts song laldy..... right in the middle of them with scarf above the head, was Gary Locke who had been out injured - but chose to go in the away end rather than in the main stand with the other squad members and officials. PHM.Β 

Edited by The Bannon Flick

1 minute ago, The Bannon Flick said:

Nice move by the club - well deserved for a true Hearts man that wears his heart on his sleeve. Great player on his day, unfortunately we'll never truly find out just how good he could have gone on to be if it wasn't for that horrific injury.

Β 

I really hope he gets a great turn out when the testimonial match comes around.

Β 

He will, we all have a soft spot for him

Great gesture by the club. if anyone deserves a testimonial these days its Locky. Delighted for him and hopefully we give him the turnout he deserves.

Fxxx the SPFL

Well deserved phm i remember him as a laddie at a pre-season friendly down at Ayresome Park with his auld man Danny standing on the terrace belting out the Hearts song. great lad and been in his company a few times player of the year awards down in the Borders.Β 

Delighted for him, well deserved.

could play against a β€œHibs players you have beaten team” but sadly Tynecastle only hold 20000, so some would miss out

The Bannon Flick

The club should approach Hibs for the testimonial match - that would be a guaranteedΒ  win for LockieΒ πŸ™‚

Edited by The Bannon Flick

The Bannon Flick
3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Delighted for him, well deserved.

could play against a β€œHibs players you have beaten team” but sadly Tynecastle only hold 20000, so some would miss out

πŸ‘

The Hogfather

Can't think of many ex-players who deserve recognition more than Lockie. Even whilst on the books at Bradford or Kilmarnock, you'd see him watching Hearts when he wasn't playing. The definition of a PHM.

millerjames398

Great news, for a proper hearts man,,always remember seein him standing on the hard shoulder of the motorway, on the way down to our friendly with boro, and there was gary standin on top of a case of Budweiser,Β belting out the hearts song with the rest of the fans, brilliant to see πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‡±πŸ‡»

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Hope it’s against a decent team and not some pishyΒ Scottish shiteΒ 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Hope it’s against a decent team and not some pishyΒ Scottish shiteΒ 

It'll be shite anyway. Friendlies always are. Will be going though.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's great to see a thread where we are all in agreement.Β 

Β 

Superb πŸ‘

Did hearts no pay him whist he was playing. :whistling:

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Β 

:lol:

Β 

Nice one, ri.Β 

Β 

Somebody will bite...

Glad for the lad. Hope to get along and please... don't play Kilmarnock or Bradford.

Hearts v Hearts legend match would be nice like Robbie testimonial. Mix of players from 2006/2012/1998 .

Β 

He said on Si ferry interview his English team was NewcastleΒ 

Β 

I’d like a legend sort of match more fitting than watching Hearts first team play a friendly and it named Gary Locke Testimonial .

32 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:
39 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Hearts v Hearts legend match would be nice like Robbie testimonial. Mix of players from 2006/2012/1998 .

Β 

He said on Si ferry interview his English team was NewcastleΒ 

Β 

I’d like a legend sort of match more fitting than watching Hearts first team play a friendly and it named Gary Locke Testimonial .

Β 

No true Hearts man has an English team ................ A mmmmmmmm

2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

If theres ever a man that deserves it it’s him. Will definitely go along to that!Β 

Hearts are saying he's been granted a testimonial year. I'd imagine that will entail more than just a one off testimonial game and could include dinner's, golf day's etc.

Β 

Anyway, well deserved for a PHM.

Gillsland jack

I'm sure he was still in the dug out for the hilarious relegation party by the Hobo's, a special derby day victory for the famous.

Gary along with Scott Crabbe are the two players that I can recall, who played and celebrated like die hard supporters, was always a joy to witness a goal from either of them.

Really pleased for Gary, I remember me and my two laddies being gutted when he got injured in the warm up to the rangers final, close to tears that day.
Β  Β  Β Β Well done Gary

loveofthegame

Mr Hearts- genuinely delighted by this. While most hero worshipped Robbo, as a young lad Lockey was my hero. I was 7 or 8 when he broke into the team and he was genuinely unbelievably good- sky was the absolute limit if he hadn’t suffered those knee injuries.

Β 

watching a hearts diehard play for hearts made me dream as a kid- I had to settle for watching fromΒ the stands tho…

Β 

I remember standing next to him in Robbos after we beat Gretna in 2006 both just belting out the Hearts song. He’s very much one of us.

Β 

And let’s not forget, club captain by age 20/21, led the team on the park for majority of 97/98 season and throughout off the park in a team of big names, carried the respect of all (mostly far more experienced pros) and played a big part in one of top two seasons in my lifetime.Β Then playedΒ a huge part in our greatest day of all in 2012. I can’t think of many who deserve it more. If we’re only awarding testimonials to those who stick around the traditional full 10 years as a player then we won’t see many testimonials ever again.Β 
Β 

on yersel lockey. PHM.

Normally a bit Meh when it comes to Testimonials, but this is one I won't miss.

Gary is everything Hearts. Always has been, always will be.

Β 

Β 

loveofthegame

Also, a perfect excuse to combine with a 10 year reunion dinner/game for that day in May 2012 πŸ€” Now that would be some night…