Aberdeen

GinRummy

18 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Listening to the interview.  Cormack sounds like a decent enough guy, a bit like Budge maybe in being naive.  The presenter (macintyre?) is just a complete fud.

I’m with you on this, especially about McIntyre; the guy’s a wind up merchant, and just gets in the way of the issues being discussed. Much prefer the show without him. 

Edited by naeclue

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

Tom Hardy’s Dug
14 hours ago, sadj said:

Hes an Aberdonian

So are they 😂

Clocked him saying he was mates with Ron Gordon when I eventually listened to this. Are the Dundee guys not mates as well?

Some sort of US businessmen (inc one sheep) mafia going on here?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think they will both improve if I'm honest, probably celtic more than rangers. My post was definitely more hope than expectation.

Yeah, unfortunately. 

Although rangers have a different feel to them. 

Celtic feel like rangers 3/4 years ago at the start of Gerrard. 

Rangers seem to be going through the motions a bit. 

30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I've got a feeling celtic will improve, I think Forrest is injured, along with their Centre half and the guy they signed  who finished top goal scorer in Holland last season. 

I'm not too sure they are as bad as some hope. 

I agree. The best performance I've seen against Hearts this season was the first half at Parkhead. Admittedly we were terrible, but they'll say that was because they were attacking so well. Consistency seems to be their problem, they done their best to throw that game away second half. As for Aberdeen, they are shite and hopefully be on the wrong end of a 3-0 against the Gorgie at some point this season. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
26 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Listening to the interview.  Cormack sounds like a decent enough guy, a bit like Budge maybe in being naive.  The presenter (macintyre?) is just a complete fud.

I haven't paid aberdeen too much attention really.  When they appointed Glass I thought it was destined to be a cathro-esque disaster.  The bit that sticks out is the talk of transition.  You can use that to justify the odd loss, but when standards slip, it's difficult to get them back.  I remember Malaury Martin, soon after signing IIRC, saying that we were basically just preparing for the following season, which was months away.  The kind of comment that should never be made.

Aberdeen may well turn it around, they have a good squad, but let's hope not!  

It’s a debatable point re Cormack.

I agree re the patience point as my view was we needed to give Robbie time and that decision is looking better by the week.

However him going around spouting on about  Hearts directors saying they played us off the park second half at Tynie (they didn’t play us off the park but they played ok) and the Motherwell guy saying it’s the best Aberdeen team he’s seen in years belies a kind of underhand guy that you can’t trust and manipulates info for his own benefit.

Greeting about pundits not caring about Aberdeen is a bit daft also. 

He also said Glass managed in a better or more competitive league than the SPL - but was he not the B team Coach across there?

Finally did you notice he was very adamant he had no interest in manager candidates that wanted an input in recruitment? I know the model we work sounds similar but Robbie has an input into players. Cormack made it sound like he wasn’t interested in potential managers that wanted an input.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

He is a friend if Ron the Con.

He must have got a loan of there big book of excuses. When he was going on about the stats it was like he was reading hibs.net.

‘We’ve analysed the data it’s looks good’

I’d imagine the fans have analysed the ball continually going in the net and think he can shove the data up his farter 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

I haven't paid aberdeen too much attention really.  When they appointed Glass I thought it was destined to be a cathro-esque disaster.  The bit that sticks out is the talk of transition.  You can use that to justify the odd loss, but when standards slip, it's difficult to get them back.  I remember Malaury Martin, soon after signing IIRC, saying that we were basically just preparing for the following season, which was months away.  The kind of comment that should never be made.

I think they have some good players but I think their squad is horribly unbalanced.  Loads of centre mids playing out of position, lack of pace excluding hedges and next to no creativity..

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s a debatable point re Cormack.

I agree re the patience point as my view was we needed to give Robbie time and that decision is looking better by the week.

However him going around spouting on about  Hearts directors saying they played us off the park second half at Tynie (they didn’t play us off the park but they played ok) and the Motherwell guy saying it’s the best Aberdeen team he’s seen in years belies a kind of underhand guy that you can’t trust and manipulates info for his own benefit.

Greeting about pundits not caring about Aberdeen is a bit daft also. 

He also said Glass managed in a better or more competitive league than the SPL - but was he not the B team Coach across there?

Finally did you notice he was very adamant he had no interest in manager candidates that wanted an input in recruitment? I know the model we work sounds similar but Robbie has an input into players. Cormack made it sound like he wasn’t interested in potential managers that wanted an input.

All good points.  I just meant he seemed like an alright person and clearly wants aberdeen to do well.  But yes, he comes across as naive, and would probably be better keeping out of the media.  The comments on recruitment and Glass's experience were odd.   Whatever way you look at it Cormack has replaced an experienced manager with a rookie, a gamble that, so far, has failed.  They seem to have spent a fair bit.  I wonder who decided to sign Brown, if not Glass.  

Also strange that Cormack said Glass hasn't mentioned the injured players as an excuse for the poor form.  Every time I've heard him he has talked about players being out.

Edited by Dia Liom

33 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think they have some good players but I think their squad is horribly unbalanced.  Loads of centre mids playing out of position, lack of pace excluding hedges and next to no creativity..

A bit like us in 2019 maybe.  Unbalanced squad, but players who should do very well in the league.  Surely they could get a manager in who'd be a bit more pragmatic.. what's Mcinnes up to?

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, unfortunately. 

Although rangers have a different feel to them. 

Celtic feel like rangers 3/4 years ago at the start of Gerrard. 

Rangers seem to be going through the motions a bit. 

I don’t really rate Gerrard tbh. They’ve got some very good players and he’s arguably got the best out of them during one season and in one tournament. It’s easy to see his hun career ending soon because he’ll jump long before he gets pushed. 

39 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Rings a bell. 🤨

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Rings a bell. 🤨

It does.. there are lots of parallels to be drawn.. players who are at the back end of successful careers..  players who maybe aren’t as motivated as they should be, players like Lewis Ferguson who have made it clear they want out, a keeper with no confidence.

To be fair as Cormack said, if they win on Sat against Hibs they are only 4pts behind them, giving how much smoke that's been blown up Hibs over the past 12 months it seems a bit silly the reaction to Aberdeen's start.  

Lose the next two games though and he's got a massive decision to make.

Interesting he makes the comparison with Robbie and ignores the alternative comparison with levien which is more akin to his situation. Robbie did ok with a couple

of horrendous bloopers. Levine presided over steady decline that wouldn’t change course. I’d suggest given their 10 game run he is making comparison with the wrong man 

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It does.. there are lots of parallels to be drawn.. players who are at the back end of successful careers..  players who maybe aren’t as motivated as they should be, players like Lewis Ferguson who have made it clear they want out, a keeper with no confidence.

Difficult to sort without a couple of transfer windows and by that time the seasons over. 

Edited by GinRummy

8 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

To be fair as Cormack said, if they win on Sat against Hibs they are only 4pts behind them, giving how much smoke that's been blown up Hibs over the past 12 months it seems a bit silly the reaction to Aberdeen's start.  

Lose the next two games though and he's got a massive decision to make.

It’s a big if considering they’ve just been beat of Dundee. 

15 hours ago, Australis said:

So many town main street's up there with nothing in them.

Aberdeen will soon be the same.

Soon?

Union Street has been full of boarded up shops for years.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Interesting he makes the comparison with Robbie and ignores the alternative comparison with levien which is more akin to his situation. Robbie did ok with a couple

of horrendous bloopers. Levine presided over steady decline that wouldn’t change course. I’d suggest given their 10 game run he is making comparison with the wrong man 

Aye. Levein is clear evidence of a manager given far too much time because of who he was pals with. Like glassman. 

6 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Pay attention - today we will focus on how to get a sneaky kick on your opponent without getting spotted…

Tomorrow we will be going over how to get revenge on a young player who has the cheek to outplay you. 

Seriously, as I said earlier in the thread - Cormack has a big gob and an ego. Like a lot of folk successful in one sphere, they expect that will translate to every single thing they do - and when it doesn’t, they have an epic meltdown. 

It’s very satisfying that he clearly has a specific problem with us. We need to stuff it right up them at their hovel of a stadium. 

🤣 , Cormack @Sir Gio 😑

5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

:rofl:

Heard that and nearly peed ma pants.

An utter slaver and ending each phrase with "right" was annoying.

Hope he sticks with Glass. 

“Right” - I am indignantly telling you I am right at the end of every sentence Right. You will listen and build the monorail Right 

4 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So are they 😂

Clocked him saying he was mates with Ron Gordon when I eventually listened to this. Are the Dundee guys not mates as well?

Some sort of US businessmen (inc one sheep) mafia going on here?

New services and the things to built at Laurencekirk , maybe they are merging all three to make a North East Superclub.

4 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

Lyle is not a decent enough guy. Try an Aberdonian Trump. He is a misogynistic ***** of a man

• 2 weeks later...
Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Still hanging about, looking forward to the game at the weekend ;)

How was your holiday 😆?

13 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

2 half decent results and - wow - here you are again.  🤣🤣 .  

not be long until your tinpot club gets put back in your cage

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

How was your holiday 😆?

Yeah, just back from a couple of weeks, very refreshing to get away from it all.

You had any time off?

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Well done on beating hibs. 

16 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Slithers back in after a decent result. What a shocker. 

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

2 half decent results and - wow - here you are again.  🤣🤣 .  

not be long until your tinpot club gets put back in your cage

I think you'll find I posted in here when we weren't playing well and praised your run.

Last recall wishing you all the best to beat SevCo the other week.

Took the family away in the October holidays, so it was good to get away, but came back in here as weve got you this weekend

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Slithers back in after a decent result. What a shocker. 

Lazy post.

I posted in here on the 06th October, then have been on hols for a couple of weeks.

I don't hide from criticism, I post win lose or draw (when I'm around)

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Yeah, just back from a couple of weeks, very refreshing to get away from it all.

You had any time off?

Thought you were away, yes I’m back at work today after having 18 days off. 
Saturdays game looking like a cracker. 

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thought you were away, yes I’m back at work today after having 18 days off. 
Saturdays game looking like a cracker. 

You've certainly got the players to be dangerous and cause us problems

We were playing well early season despite losing games to break away goals.

We then played absolutely diabolical against Dundee

Last couple of games, I wouldn't say we've played well, but we've played with more fight and got a couple of decent results.

No idea how we'll turn out on Saturday, but looking forward to it

IveSeenTheLight
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Well done on beating hibs. 

Thanks, I did celebrate (as much as a non hearts fan does) when Halkett scored the equalizer against SevCo. Had hoped before the game you would beat them

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

They've still got David Bates. 

Worth 2 goals a game. 

Aye, he's definitely the risk. Bit harsh last night as I don't think that should have been a pen against him

Really confident about this one on Saturday. We all know that a big win is coming........Aberdeen at home with back to back respectable results are more than likely to let their guard down. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Thanks, I did celebrate (as much as a non hearts fan does) when Halkett scored the equalizer against SevCo. Had hoped before the game you would beat them

We were a bit lucky, but a point is a point. 

I'd like 3 on Saturday tho. 

Kill hope of a revival by you guys for 3rd place as well as boost us. 

That penalty last night was a shocker. 

Ridiculous...... 

Nah luck. 😜

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, pablo said:

Really confident about this one on Saturday. We all know that a big win is coming........Aberdeen at home with back to back respectable results are more than likely to let their guard down. 

They might come out to win the game, could suit us. 

30 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I think you'll find I posted in here when we weren't playing well and praised your run.

Last recall wishing you all the best to beat SevCo the other week.

Took the family away in the October holidays, so it was good to get away, but came back in here as weve got you this weekend

You going to the game?

Is anyone?

52 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Aye, he's definitely the risk. Bit harsh last night as I don't think that should have been a pen against him

Never a penalty !!!

Should  be a good game on Sat .

kingantti1874

Finding some form again aberdeen, hopefully they don’t sit it.. will be a tight one but a win would be massive to end this run of unlucky draws

Jamie walker deserves some minutes on Saturday. Robbie’s tried everyone else McKay is the only one nailed down a spot. Gino, GMS and Woodburn all had a shot. Really would want to see Walker given a chance