• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

@Smitheetheres at least two on here. Not sure so much arsehole as “different” used to walk home with his briefcasevwhile they were out kicking a ball about. However his behaviour when he wasnt rich but doing ok over here at games was misogynistic n vile to be polite. Hes an egomaniac and and arsehole but Lyle has nice teeth. Particularly enjoyed Burrows telling him Aberdeen played better footbsll than they had in years at Motherwell and Burrows couldn’t understand how Aberdeen hadn’t won

9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

A lot of Americans in positions of power are complete arseholes to be fair. 

Hes an Aberdonian

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

@Smitheetheres at least two on here. Not sure so much arsehole as “different” used to walk home with his briefcasevwhile they were out kicking a ball about. However his behaviour when he wasnt rich but doing ok over here at games was misogynistic n vile to be polite. Hes an egomaniac and and arsehole but Lyle has nice teeth. Particularly enjoyed Burrows telling him Aberdeen played better footbsll than they had in years at Motherwell and Burrows couldn’t understand how Aberdeen hadn’t won

This is great, he's worth decent money, but a radge with an ego and a problem keeping his emotions in check will surely make an enormous **** of it

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

This is great, he's worth decent money, but a radge with an ego and a problem keeping his emotions in check will surely make an enormous **** of it

what you are saying is, he is the scottish vlad. the problem is he has skipped the burley and scottish cup winning phase and went straight to the mad eddie malofeev stage

1 minute ago, Homme said:

AVB is a rally driver these days is he not? 

was marseille? manager last season. i think he has given up or at least taken a break from the rallying

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

was marseille? manager last season. i think he has given up or at least taken a break from the rallying

Perfect for Aberdeen.

Great at making a ewe turn.

Guest ToqueJambo
37 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

what you are saying is, he is the scottish vlad. the problem is he has skipped the burley and scottish cup winning phase and went straight to the mad eddie malofeev stage

Same as Ron Gordon it seems. It's hard to see Jack surviving January and it'll be interesting to see who he appoints. For all Romanov's faults he at least stumped up the cash to build one outstanding team.

Geoff Kilpatrick

My God, that was cringeworthy listening. Mind you, Broadfoot took it to new levels with "managerial KPIs". :facepalm:

August Landmesser
40 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

who is AVB that is mentioned as possible manager?

Aston Villa Ballboy

jamboinglasgow

One thing I would say is that McCormack and Collins arguing Aberdeen having the most possession and shots against teams to suggest that things are fine, in 2019/20 we only had 1 game when we didn't have the majority possession against a non-old firm team, that was against Aberdeen on the first game of the season. Also most of the games that season we had more shots and shots on target. There were so many games that season where we were camping on the edge of the opposition box hit shots at will but we mistakes costs us at the back and clubs made it hard to break them down. Aberdeen need to learn that quickly otherwise they will sink badly.

Also love the fact he kept throwing out situations at other clubs where things are working to back him up. They are all completely different situations, it does not mean Aberdeen failing can be ignored.

kingantti1874

Possession does equal good. Teams “let” them have possession just like they let leveins / cathro’s hearts have possession.

Some of these analysts / commentators are beyond clueless.  

Guest ToqueJambo

Appointing an inexperienced manager with the surname Glass is just asking for trouble. The headlines just write themselves. Don't let us down sub editors.

aberdeen another sleeping giant in Scotland  living off a generous government loan,

The  yanks must be thinking

Cheers for now you mugs and we all ken whats coming when thats tanned 

3 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

I dont know who this guy is but why not have a pet sheep to mock 

This. Let the arsehole come on here and post his nonsense.

But remember one thing: This is a Hearts forum. Whilst another viewpoint is appreciated sometimes, it's strange behaviour to willingly create an account on an opponent team's forum and post as if you're the voice of reason, and totally expected that the natives won't agree with you. 

The smug posting of the past has been replaced with recluse. I really wonder why? 

Aberdeen are a completely nothing football club, and they never will be something special ever again.  Claiming that European wins from another era of football still count for anything is just all kinds of laughable, and are the exact reason that Aberdeen are in the state they are in - always looking backwards instead of bothering to look forward. 

By all means post here, but at least have a team with the modicum of an ability to back it up. 

Hate the filth.

Hope it all goes belly up for them.

So many town main street's up there with nothing in them.

Aberdeen will soon be the same.

8 hours ago, Drew Wallace said:

aberdeen another sleeping giant in Scotland  living off a generous government loan,

The  yanks must be thinking

Cheers for now you mugs and we all ken whats coming when thats tanned 

* A sleeping medium sized club.

Bazzas right boot

Although I want them to fail for our benefit in getting third, going further if the of are to be challenged it would be better for a stronger Aberdeen. 

A stronger Aberdeen, Motherwell, St Johnstone, utd and even hibs taking points of the OF is the only way that a team like ours will have a realistic chance at the league. 

If Aberdeen had beaten or drawn with celtic for example that would have been better for us in that regard. 

But if they bottom out and struggle for a few years it will help us establish as a top 3/4 club again so win /win. 

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Although I want them to fail for our benefit in getting third, going further if the of are to be challenged it would be better for a stronger Aberdeen. 

A stronger Aberdeen, Motherwell, St Johnstone, utd and even hibs taking points of the OF is the only way that a team like ours will have a realistic chance at the league. 

If Aberdeen had beaten or drawn with celtic for example that would have been better for us in that regard. 

But if they bottom out and struggle for a few years it will help us establish as a top 3/4 club again so win /win. 

I get what you're aiming at, but surely a stronger Aberdeen/St J/Motherwell etc. would all take points off us as well as the OF.

Everyone else weak as kittens and us strong as an ox please!

12 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

27% win percentage is same as cathro iirc 

Glass is 1% higher just now. 

He really is much the same though. Remember the public execution Hearts were getting for Cathro? Aberdeen are getting nothing like it just now.

I guess they just arent as important. 

Just looked at his win % over his managerial career. 

Wow. WTF were they thinking in giving him a chance? Its actually worse than Cathro. At least we had the excuse of him being an unknown entity.

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I get what you're aiming at, but surely a stronger Aberdeen/St J/Motherwell etc. would all take points off us as well as the OF.

Everyone else weak as kittens and us strong as an ox please!

Aye and naw, in 98 we were only close because the of dropped points to others. 

If the OG have 85 point plus seasons it's even more difficult for a club like ours imo. 

If one of the of, like rangers have a season like last season it's then impossible. 

Ironically you want both Of to be strong as well, not too strong tho so ideally they take points of each other. 

Basically you want the league as tight as possible. 

More realistically however, is that Aberdeen being shite makes it easier to get 3rd.

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, sassenach said:

That's actually a really good point.

I really dislike how finishing third is seen as some kind of target.  As a football supporter I dream of winning, otherwise what's the point?

On Aberdeen, I do fear for them now.  So many things seem stacked against them at the moment, as already mentioned on this thread.  I also suspect that, once the rot has set in, their geographical remoteness might make it difficult for them to attract decent players.

They are doing what we done with Bob the fist time. 

Their fans didn't like Mcinnes despite a near decade of being in the top 4 and European football. 

This included being second to celtic and although a slight decline over the two seasons to 3rd and 4th place  finishes they finished above rangers in that fine as well. 

Their fans cited boring football, despite never being out the top 4 and the European places. 

They thought he bottled big games. 

After their bad run they were happy he left, now look at them. 

The taken a gamble on a manager, a wit in slightly different ways. 

The difference going forward is that  Hearts have a bit more potential, finished stadium, FoH, even being in Edinburgh gives us more potential. 

In a alternate time line Bob doesn't leave us-where would we be now? 

Aberdeen, eh hit a glass ceiling... 

They've got a stadium to build as well...... 

Oh dear. 😊

On a bigger scale Arsenal are also an example of fans moaning about not progressing then...... 

58 minutes ago, sassenach said:

That's actually a really good point.

I really dislike how finishing third is seen as some kind of target.  As a football supporter I dream of winning, otherwise what's the point?

On Aberdeen, I do fear for them now.  So many things seem stacked against them at the moment, as already mentioned on this thread.  I also suspect that, once the rot has set in, their geographical remoteness might make it difficult for them to attract decent players.

They can always buy Ross County players😄

12 hours ago, sadj said:

Brown is very good behind the scenes , especially with the younger players at training.

Pay attention - today we will focus on how to get a sneaky kick on your opponent without getting spotted…

Tomorrow we will be going over how to get revenge on a young player who has the cheek to outplay you. 

Seriously, as I said earlier in the thread - Cormack has a big gob and an ego. Like a lot of folk successful in one sphere, they expect that will translate to every single thing they do - and when it doesn’t, they have an epic meltdown. 

It’s very satisfying that he clearly has a specific problem with us. We need to stuff it right up them at their hovel of a stadium. 

51 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They are doing what we done with Bob the fist time. 

Their fans didn't like Mcinnes despite a near decade of being in the top 4 and European football. 

This included being second to celtic and although a slight decline over the two seasons to 3rd and 4th place  finishes they finished above rangers in that fine as well. 

Their fans cited boring football, despite never being out the top 4 and the European places. 

They thought he bottled big games. 

After their bad run they were happy he left, now look at them. 

The taken a gamble on a manager, a wit in slightly different ways. 

The difference going forward is that  Hearts have a bit more potential, finished stadium, FoH, even being in Edinburgh gives us more potential. 

In a alternate time line Bob doesn't leave us-where would we be now? 

Aberdeen, eh hit a glass ceiling... 

They've got a stadium to build as well...... 

Oh dear. 😊

On a bigger scale Arsenal are also an example of fans moaning about not progressing then...... 

also reminds me of Charlton. finishing in the top 8 of the EPL just not good enough for them, Alan Curbishley has to go - cue years of decline. Careful what you wish for.... 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye and naw, in 98 we were only close because the of dropped points to others. 

If the OG have 85 point plus seasons it's even more difficult for a club like ours imo. 

If one of the of, like rangers have a season like last season it's then impossible. 

Ironically you want both Of to be strong as well, not too strong tho so ideally they take points of each other. 

Basically you want the league as tight as possible. 

More realistically however, is that Aberdeen being shite makes it easier to get 3rd.

I know it's only nine games in, but it sort of looks like it's shaping up that way - Utd & Motherwell strong just now, but I can't see them sustaining that. Hibs falling away, but they'll recover (but hopefully not too much) Aberdeen are already 11 points behind us - they won't make that back up easily, so they can do what they want really.

Rangers & Celtic in UEL groups - hopefully spreading themselves too thin, new manager at Celtic, Slippy G maybe looking for a way out... I can see the OF points being shared this season - either two wins each or 4 points each, and they both look capable of dropping points along the way (Livvi away, us at Tynie sort of games)

It's shaping up to be a perfect storm. Until we feck it by somehow losing to Dundee and the Sheep...

But, I reckon 3rd is now the realistic (if not minimum) target we should be aiming at - guaranteed group stage euro stuff, and a wee boost to the coffers.

Good points about Aberdeen's stadium/set-up too - their second Golden Age is in decline I reckon, they've a lot of work to get back to being relevant.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

I know it's only nine games in, but it sort of looks like it's shaping up that way - Utd & Motherwell strong just now, but I can't see them sustaining that. Hibs falling away, but they'll recover (but hopefully not too much) Aberdeen are already 11 points behind us - they won't make that back up easily, so they can do what they want really.

Rangers & Celtic in UEL groups - hopefully spreading themselves too thin, new manager at Celtic, Slippy G maybe looking for a way out... I can see the OF points being shared this season - either two wins each or 4 points each, and they both look capable of dropping points along the way (Livvi away, us at Tynie sort of games)

It's shaping up to be a perfect storm. Until we feck it by somehow losing to Dundee and the Sheep...

But, I reckon 3rd is now the realistic (if not minimum) target we should be aiming at - guaranteed group stage euro stuff, and a wee boost to the coffers.

Good points about Aberdeen's stadium/set-up too - their second Golden Age is in decline I reckon, they've a lot of work to get back to being relevant.

It is, expectations and confidence are slowly building. 

The big thing is, or the main thing is and most over look it is that Bob knows how to pick up points in Scotland. 

Iirc we got around 66 points last time in a less competitive league but also with a poorer squad. 

Can we pick up 25 wins... 

If we picked up a win total near that then unless one of the OF goes on a daft  20 game winning streak we will be close 

25 wins is a big ask tho, in all honesty if we pick up 7 or 9 points over the next 3 games then despite my reservations I'll have real hope of us being about there and as you say if we don't quite manage it 3rd place itself would be massive. 

Bob knows how to pick up points in Scotland. 

He's very good at it. 

I also think we'll add 2 or 3 in January. 

I said we'd be 4th from the start, as the games go by anything other than 3rd would be a bit shit at this point but football can change and a dip in form for 4 or 5 games can change everything. 

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is, expectations and confidence are slowly building. 

The big thing is, or the main thing is and most over look it is that Bob knows how to pick up points in Scotland. 

Iirc we got around 66 points last time in a less competitive league but also with a poorer squad. 

Can we pick up 25 wins... 

If we picked up a win total near that then unless one of the OF goes on a daft  20 game winning streak we will be close 

25 wins is a big ask tho, in all honesty if we pick up 7 or 9 points over the next 3 games then despite my reservations I'll have real hope of us being about there and as you say if we don't quite manage it 3rd place itself would be massive. 

Bob knows how to pick up points in Scotland. 

He's very good at it. 

I also think we'll add 2 or 3 in January. 

I said we'd be 4th from the start, as the games go by anything other than 3rd would be a bit shit at this point but football can change and a dip in form for 4 or 5 games can change everything. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Broadfoot should stick to plain speak instead of having Alphabetti Spaghetti for his tea.

😂😂😂

SectionDJambo

Listening to Cormack during the months of the stitch up of our club, and the others, whilst Ann Budge asked for no harm during the pandemic, was excruciatingly annoying. Playing the "always have to be winners and losers" theme when Aberdeen, and Hibs, clearly wanted to cause us financial harm to enable them to keep us away from them, competitively, for years.

He was heralded as some kind of football club running genius by the Aberdeen Mafia on Sportsound, in the attempts by them to justify and celebrate our demotion. Little did they know that the pandemic was going nowhere soon, meaning less financial disparity between Hearts, and the rest, due to empty stadia for the entire season, not just until October, as Cormack and his chums thought would happen. 

The contrast between Hearts and Aberdeen could not be better illustrated than by the continued fantastic financial support being given to Hearts by our fans, despite all that's happened over the last few years, compared to Aberdeen having so few home fans for a club that still regards itself as the 3rd biggest in Scotland, that they have to try to force that dwindling support to turn up for a 6pm Saturday kick off, to try to tap into an American market which Cormack, and his American puppet masters, think will be a money spinner.

Aberdeen were very lucky to have Dick Donald, a true visionary of how to take advantage of the oil boom in Aberdeen, by hiring Alex Ferguson after his sacking by St Mirren. In stark contrast, Cormack has no vision other than the one he uses to admire himself in the mirror.

17 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

That's a good point. Neither have looked brilliant this season. Hopefully their busy fixture list takes its toll. The media chat about not helping our clubs in Europe enough could be a good laugh as well

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That's a good point. Neither have looked brilliant this season. Hopefully their busy fixture list takes its toll. The media chat about not helping our clubs in Europe enough could be a good laugh as well

I've got a feeling celtic will improve, I think Forrest is injured, along with their Centre half and the guy they signed  who finished top goal scorer in Holland last season. 

I'm not too sure they are as bad as some hope. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I've got a feeling celtic will improve, I think Forrest is injured, along with their Centre half and the guy they signed  who finished top goal scorer in Holland last season. 

I'm not too sure they are as bad as some hope. 

I think they will both improve if I'm honest, probably celtic more than rangers. My post was definitely more hope than expectation.

Listening to the interview.  Cormack sounds like a decent enough guy, a bit like Budge maybe in being naive.  The presenter (macintyre?) is just a complete fud.

I haven't paid aberdeen too much attention really.  When they appointed Glass I thought it was destined to be a cathro-esque disaster.  The bit that sticks out is the talk of transition.  You can use that to justify the odd loss, but when standards slip, it's difficult to get them back.  I remember Malaury Martin, soon after signing IIRC, saying that we were basically just preparing for the following season, which was months away.  The kind of comment that should never be made.

Aberdeen may well turn it around, they have a good squad, but let's hope not!