Aberdeen

GinRummy

Shanks said no

Brilliant if he sticks by Cathro Glass. 

My pet hobbit says they are limiting Pittodrie to 9,999 max to avoid covid regulations. Is this true?

Appears true 

A statement said: “Aberdeen Football Club is expecting a crowd of 9,700 at the upcoming home fixtures against Hibernian and Hearts.

“Around 65% of season ticket members are predicted at these games. 

“This is largely due to those not ready to come back and those choosing instead to use their Virtual Season Ticket. 

3rd force my erse 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

When the league had a chance to change the voting set up from 11-1 when Rangers where in the lower leagues, Aberdeen backed Celtic to keep the status quo for a short term gain. 

I hope they get what they deserve, no sympathy from me. 

3 minutes ago, novoman said:

When the league had a chance to change the voting set up from 11-1 when Rangers where in the lower leagues, Aberdeen backed Celtic to keep the status quo for a short term gain. 

You can only hope it just gets worse and worse for them until they end up relegated. 

I’m amazed the assistant manager of the Atlanta Dons soccerball franchise’s under 12s is goddam bullcrap at head coaching from the sidelines. I hope nobody’s saying their 100,000 seater sheepdome  in Orkney won’t be going ahead. I wouldn’t believe that. 

jamboinglasgow
18 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

He’s blaming players now. Keeps quoting us standing by Robbie. 

The thing is has missed about Robbie, while the club stood by Robbie after the horror of the Brora result, Robbie was achieving his main aim of the season which was promotion at the time so made more sense for the club to back him.

Its not good sign for a club when after a poor run early in the league, the chairman is already going on radio to rant and attack the critics. Dont suggest that everything is calm behind the scenes.

Glass was an horrendous appointment for them and brown even worse! You can see him falling out with everyone and creating a horrible atmosphere. 

I like Glass. I think he needs more time. Aberdeen are trying a different way of playing that not everyone, no, anyone, can understand as different from the turgid eye bleeding crap they've served up for years. Carmack should back him with a contract extension to back up his faith.

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I like Glass. I think he needs more time. Aberdeen are trying a different way of playing that not everyone, no, anyone, can understand as different from the turgid eye bleeding crap they've served up for years. Carmack should back him with a contract extension to back up his faith.

:laugh4: 🤣 😀

6 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Glass was an horrendous appointment for them and brown even worse! You can see him falling out with everyone and creating a horrible atmosphere. 

Hope so ......

20 minutes ago, novoman said:

Forgot about this, another reason to hate those sheep shaggin pr1cks!

Jambo in Bathgate
5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

That’s some windup 😂

Glass has no experience and only managed Atlanta b team. Definitely a cheap option. Should have kept mcinnes. Thought they would have went for Neill. Said in his interview wanted a coach and not a manager 

On 17/10/2021 at 12:43, milky_26 said:

AVB :rofl:

De Boer :rofl:

Lampard :rofl:

Alex Neil, Paul Lambert and Gary Monk not a high enough level for them :rofl:

Three guys who've managed teams in the EPL not of a high enough level for them, the level of delusion is unbelievable.

Surely Antonio Conte would jump at the chance to manage such a massive club.

Dave Cormack says he and Glass have toughest jobs outside Old Firm. Didn't explain why. 

Very annoyed at Kenny McIntyre challenging him saying media were heralding the Glass appointment at start of season when results were good.

Big picture - highlighted have won nothing in 30 years (1 League Cup) and 14 seasons failing in Europe, league is tough, spend over £1 million on youth academy and are playing youngsters. 10 new players and new system. Data says Aberdeen should be winning games they haven't so it's not fair. "I'm told" training is excellent and Willie Miller says be patient. Hibs and Hearts fans wanted managers sacked last season. St Johnstone manger never won any of first games. Gerrard has only won one trophy in 3 years. 

Kenny McIntyre asked about Glass not being experienced and what qualities does he have. Says he's already answered this in one hour fans podcast available on YouTube. Data and evidence says he will turn it around. "I'm experienced enough in running businesses". Too early. Believe in what they are doing. 

Kenny McIntyre asked about the players. Referred to Lewis Ferguson saying they can do more. Then talked about injuries but then said they won't complain.

Played Hearts off the pitch second half. Motherwell told him they can't believe they beat Aberdeen. So results unfair.

Conveyor belt of young players. Accepted it could be a transition season which is biggest hint Glass stays. Though then says he is ruthless in his businesses. Everyone else interested in job wanted control of recruitment. (Not sure if that means Glass isn't but they have a Head of Recruitment). Glass doesn't look at the media. 

On experience had 60 competitive games in better league than Scottish Championship. Going back to data believe in him. 

John Collins says he looked at stats and agrees Aberdeen's stats are good. Though that would be an interesting conversation looking at how they actually play. Aberdeen fan (Steve Wilson, Aberdeen Supporters Trust) on after started by saying its 3 yard passes.

Edited by Mikey1874

Jambo in Bathgate

Cormack also said he interviewed Glass for an hour. For F S surely there should have been a much longer selection process. Think he wanted Glass to shift his American League players and make money. Same as Ron the Con at Fester Road who Cormack said was a good friend of his!! 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dave Cormack says he and Glass have toughest jobs outside Old Firm. Didn't explain why. 

Very annoyed at Kenny McIntyre challenging him saying media were heralding the Glass appointment at start of season when results were good.

Big picture - highlighted have won nothing in 30 years (1 League Cup) and 14 seasons failing in Europe, league is tough, spend over £1 million on youth academy and are playing youngsters. 10 new players and new system. Data says Aberdeen should be winning games they haven't so it's not fair. "I'm told" training is excellent and Willie Miller says be patient. Hibs and Hearts fans wanted managers sacked last season. St Johnstone manger never won any of first games. Gerrard has only won one trophy in 3 years. 

Kenny McIntyre asked about Glass not being experienced and what qualities does he have. Says he's already answered this in one hour fans podcast available on YouTube. Data and evidence says he will turn it around. "I'm experienced enough in running businesses". Too early. Believe in what they are doing. 

Kenny McIntyre asked about the players. Referred to Lewis Ferguson saying they can do more. Then talked about injuries but then said they won't complain.

Played Hearts off the pitch second half. Motherwell told him they can't believe they beat Aberdeen. So results unfair.

Conveyor belt of young players. Accepted it could be a transition season which is biggest hint Glass stays. Though then says he is ruthless in his businesses. Everyone else interested in job wanted control of recruitment. (Not sure if that means Glass isn't but they have a Head of Recruitment). Glass doesn't look at the media. 

On experience had 60 competitive games in better league than Scottish Championship. Going back to data believe in him. 

John Collins says he looked at stats and agrees Aberdeen's stats are good. Though that would be an interesting conversation looking at how they actually play.

What was this on?

Just now, GinRummy said:

What was this on?

BBC Sportsound. I posted link earlier but as show has finished think you need to wait till podcast now.

7 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Cormack also said he interviewed Glass for an hour. For F S surely there should have been a much longer selection process. Think he wanted Glass to shift his American League players and make money. Same as Ron the Con at Fester Road who Cormack said was a good friend of his!! 

I think he meant he talked about hiring him on an hour podcast. 

Maybe this one 

Or this one 

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

BBC Sportsound. I posted link earlier but as show has finished think you need to wait till podcast now.

That was where I looked. Will look again later. Must’ve just missed it 👍

46 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Cormack can't sack Glass as he'll look bad and Glass can't drop Brown as he'll look bad and Brown can't drop himself as he'll look bad. What's the Aberdeen version of Hibsed It? or I guess HIbsed It has passed into the football lexicon now so that'll do.

Flocked it?

I always laugh at these football owners make out they are hard men in business. "I'm ruthless". McGregor at Ross County does that too. 

Fair enough if you want to tell us you are a prick and b#stard.

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I always laugh at these football owners make out they are hard men in business. "I'm ruthless". McGregor at Ross County does that too. 

Fair enough if you want to tell us you are a prick and b#stard.

Honestly for the first time in a while I’ve felt glad we’ve got the silent dignified budge. What an absolute welt of a man came across as absolutely clueless about football sheep shagging half wit

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I know he’s just doing his job but Kenny MacIntyre is an absolute prick. 

Wish I'd heard him at minute 90 on Saturday when he had to go to Ibrox for another update. 

kingantti1874

The sense of entitlement at the sheep annoys me.  The last 10 years has been their absolute peak.. and they’ve sold just over 8000 ST

Aberdeen are a small club, they should be kissing Dave Cormacks arse because if they are to rely on “suppooeter income” the results will suffer, if the results suffer the “football / sporting” income will be hugely reduced.

Small club - who are closer now to their real standing in the game   

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The sense of entitlement at the sheep annoys me.  The last 10 years has been their absolute peak.. and they’ve sold just over 8000 ST

Aberdeen are a small club, they should be kissing Dave Cormacks arse because if they are to rely on “suppooeter income” the results will suffer, if the results suffer the “football / sporting” income will be hugely reduced.

Small club - who are closer now to their real standing in the game   

I haven't been keeping up, 8000? Is that right? Laughable!

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I haven't been keeping up, 8000? Is that right? Laughable!

just over..  I don’t know what is more laughable - 8000 ST or the pretence that they are  still a “big” club.

Aberdeen as a city is on a fast track to being the new Peterhead.  Oil money disappearing, residents disappearing and the football club will follow

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Brown is very good behind the scenes , especially with the younger players at training.

Particularly enjoyed him slating McInnes as someone who never bled youth into the team considering the posters on here who screamed for McInnes too bleed youth in as in their opinion he was doing it constantly at Pittodrie 🤣

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Trust the prawcess!

Lets all get naked and drunk in the boardroom , where the cocaines and the staff… woohoo I can sniff the lines and grab the staff…

Wait what I can’t? Ok ill go away and come back rich then I’ll do what I want. I’ll be manager by November too muwahahaha

Edited by sadj

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I presume Cormack will be getting called out as a madman egomaniac and Glass as totally out his depth and a ridiculous appointment with no experience of managing on Scotland who won’t therefore be able to command the respect of his players?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Just now, Beni said:

He comes across as an areshole who's ego won't let him do what's best for his club. 

:glorious:

Didn't someone on here go to school with him and confirm that he is indeed an arsehole?